Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying (16810 Views)

Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) / Your First Carryover Course Was? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Christianoir: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
I’ve been writing exam since i haven’t gotten any carryover…Just had one today God cry[u] cry cry I feel disgusted and ashamed.. since I started writing exams since Monday all my grade have been A throughout
It cbt exam once you finish writing you will see your score

I wrote and score 40/100 which is F (carryover)
The course wasn’t that hard..I read it, it was time
60 questions to answer 20min too small.

I don’t know what to do….this is my first
This is my first carryover course since
It breaking me down

I don’t even have to zeal to read for next course again

3 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Lance008(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Na Ekpoma?

7 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Christianoir: 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
[quote author=Lance008 post=127361384]Na Ekpoma?[/

Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by donproject2(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
I know how you feel, I felt the same thing when I got carryover in my second semester 200L, mine was even worst. I got 28 out of 100, it was like a dent in my academic career. I had 7 As out of 9 I did that semester though.

After that carryover grade in the course, I said to myself that I must have a perfect semester to atone the dent, that is, a semester with all As in my courses. To me, this will be the only way to makeup for that CO. I tried all I could from my 300 level, up till my 500l first semester, I couldn't achieve this, closest I was was 4.92. I lost the zeal to further pursue this.

Second semester 500l known for being highly eventful, excess thesis written and defenses left and right, I wouldn't bother on this promise I made to myself again, I would read normally because there was no stressing myself again. Wrote all my papers later that semester, they wouldn't let us see our final semester results normally, just a graduating list when it is ready to know our fate. I got my transcript after our convocation, I found out that I actually wrote 5.0 in that final semester, I got a sigh of relief and I could forgive myself for that 200l carryover.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Omameji: 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
My dear, you don't need to kill yourself about dat.... Have once experienced dat too during my undergraduate, I was unable to read my next exam too because the thought of coming back is so painful. But I refused to be down by dat.... I push it aside and remain focus for the next paper bcs if I don't I will fail again. Don't worry just be focus and read for more grade. It will pass away. It wasn't intentionally ooo I just missed d exam I copied a wrong time table. But I never give up.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Karleb(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
If you want to die over a carryover, then go ahead.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Lance008(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
Christianoir:

How u take know
Yes cry
Lol
Na so he Dey be
He happen to us many years ago
Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Adewale1603(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
This one is just starting life. You never know anything yet. Dying over a single carryover course in Nigeria, that after graduating, there is no job guarantee for you on that same degree certificate you are dying on top now. where even first class graduates are still jobless for the past years. Whereas some people are still burning their certificate out of frustrations.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by jamesversion: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
donproject2:
I know how you feel, I felt the same thing when I got carryover in my second semester 200L, mine was even was, I got 28 out of 100, it was like a dent in my academic career. I had 7 As out of 9 I did that semester though.

After that carryover grade in the course, I said to myself that I must have a perfect semester to atone the dent, that is, a semester with all As in my courses. To me, this will be the only way to makeup for that CO. I tried all I could from my 300 level, up till my 500l first semester, I couldn't achieve this, closest I was was 4.92. I lost the zeal to further pursue this.

Second semester 500l known for being highly eventful, excess thesis written and defenses left and write, I wouldn't bother on this promise I made to myself again, I would read normally becausethere was no stressing myself again. Wrote all my papers later that semester, they wouldn't let us see our final semester results normally, just a graduating list when it is ready to know our fate. I got my transcript after our convocation, I found out that I actually wrote 5.0 in that final semester, I got a sigh of relief and I could forget myself for that 200l carryover.

Did you study engineering in the university?

1 Like

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Evergreen4(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
I guess you're a fresher. Don't worry you will have more as you progress to higher level grin but las las you will graduate with your set. Don't ask me how, you will graduate.

54 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by donproject2(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
jamesversion:

Did you study engineering in the university?

Nope
Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Ekkhann(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Evergreen4:
I guess you're a fresher. Don't worry you will have more as you progress to higher level grin but las las you will graduate with your set. Don't ask me how, you will graduate.

You sabi😄💀😂😭

26 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Lamanii22(f): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol die for Wetin? You will just do it again na….

4 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Johnycastro18: 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Carry over nah for student, grin

man up, buckle up and tight your belt...
Having carryover is not the end of the road, this is a call to be more serious than you were before.

11 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by ShinjaWWest: 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Why u wnt hurry to graduate?

When work no dey Naija

4 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Lovemeharder(f): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kindly resit.

1 Like

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:03am On Dec 08, 2023
Those that passed don't have two heads. Read harder next time.

6 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by donproject2(m): 3:43am On Dec 08, 2023
Evergreen4:

You think everyone is as dull as you are?
Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by weslay: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2023
Christianoir:
I’ve been writing exam since i haven’t gotten any carryover…Just had one today God cry[u] cry cry I feel disgusted and ashamed.. since I started writing exams since Monday all my grade have been A throughout

It breaking me down

It's not as big deal. Just learn from it n move on

1 Like

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by christejames(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2023
Relax bro, I felt the same when I had carry over on a course that was supposed to be the easiest for me during my first year...

But you know what, it only pushed me for the best the next session, I didn't just smash the course I carried over but became the best in its succeeding course of 200 levels.

Grades no really matter after all! angry

2 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by ruggedtimi(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2023
Lol u get one carryover, one kill urself....my classmate back in uni wey "carryover" was his nickname. Currently owns a Tesla/benz S500 2022 in the u.s. No be yahoo. Carryover doesnt mean sh*t so far as u have the chance to seat again for the exam.

19 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Evergreen4(m): 11:49am On Dec 08, 2023
donproject2:

You think everyone is as dull as you are?
sharap. I guess you don't know the meaning of sarcasm. Ode

7 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Nigerialabalaba: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Christianoir:

It breaking me down

Soroniyen

1 Like

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Christianoir:

It breaking me down

those who have 2 or more didnt die after their first BAGGING, so u no fit die, e jus dey do u like it ni
i am in LECTURING line, i had 2 to 3 back then in school, but it didnt stop me from becoming Who fit award Students carry over TODAY, but in my 9 years in the line i never dash anyone sha.
Ur case can't be worse than the case below init?

1 Like

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by judecares1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Having of one carryover is not the problem but the biggest of all problem is avoiding more carryovers in future. The carryover is a big lesson for you to be more serious and dedicated to your studies.
I was once in your shoes while at uni.

2 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Adewale1603:
This one is just starting life. You never know anything yet. Dying over a single carryover course in Nigeria, that after graduating, there is no job guarantee for you on that same degree certificate you are dying on top now. where even first class graduates are still jobless for the past years. Whereas some people are still burning their certificate out of frustrations.
carry over we be say na like groundnut den , we dey carry am on purpose self and even fail to attend some exam because of hustle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by money121(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
School is not end of life
Just try your best and graduate
Shikena

Don't let any leacturer pressure you

2 Likes

Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by 9jii(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Adewale1603:
Wallahi!
Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by callmevirus(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying by TheFacelessMan: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
grin

Don't die yet....there might be more. undecided

On a serious note. Take it as a wakeup call and leave no room for chance. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Benin Art Exhibition (pics) / Adeyemi College Of Education, Ondo Is On Fire (Photos) / Ten (10) Type Of Student You Meet Among Higher Institution Freshers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.