Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki (26836 Views)

Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role / Saraki Trial: APC Will Not Cede Senate Presidency To Opposition – Oyegun / CCT Trial: APC Members Tormenting Saraki – Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by kernel501: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:
The sooner Saraki realized he is not that important in the scheme of things the better for him. If he is that important, nobody will ask for his head....

ASK YOUR SENATOR TO IMPEACH HIM... HE'S THE MASTER OF THE GAME, LIVE WITH THAT.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by egalitarian78: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
No to political solution else d independence of d Senate would have been mortgaged. If Saraki survives d CCT great for him and if CCT wins him d Like Minds choose from dia camp. Anything less ll make d Senate revert to d rubber stamp status and checks and balances cum oversight roles of d senate greatly in jeopardy.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by leofab(f): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Land of unserious people..
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by tuniski: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:
The sooner Saraki realized he is not that important in the scheme of things the better for him. If he is that important, nobody will ask for his head....
He is too important that is why they are seeking his head but, can't just have it. Left or right saraki is thorn in buhari/apc's flesh. They started the case and must end it. Anyway it ended, it will be a minus for buhari/apc. Kwara will soon stop being in apc's column. The implosion is only a matter of time.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by SuperSuave(m): 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
kernel501:

80% WANT HIM OUT, YET HE WON ELECTION FREE AND FAIR IN KWARA.
TOMORROW, YOU WILL TELL US, NIGERIANS DON'T WANT HIM THERE, SO WHO IS KEEPING HIM?
kwara is not Ilorin and vice versa, na wetin most of those voters wan chop no let dem get sense
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Sobolexy: 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
80% of kwara state youth want him down only d stupid leaders call imam are fasting and praying on d court day before it was adjourned again .
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Fadekebisola(f): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:
you just contradicted yourself in your speech.....if u ask me how then i will know that u are not learnable
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by adeyeye5353(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
It may not too bad, not to see some one to support u even if u are the most worsted in the world. for the sake of part, I think APC leaders should speak in one voice and support the right person
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Theophrastus(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
SARAKI.....the game master! Commot saraki for your own peril!
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by orakao8: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
GBAM.....1 BOTTLE OF ORIJIN FOR YOU...
OZAOEKPE:
WE THE YOUTHS OF THIS COUNTRY ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND THE GAME CHANGER CUM MASTER IN THE PERSON OF 'SARAKI', "THE SLAYER OF TINUMBU".
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by topsam1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Some senators go face problems from their districts....let this guy carry im cross nao
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by 989900: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
“We just hope that reason will prevail and this matter would be resolved amicably.

Whoever senator, or APC/PDP clown that said this, is a shame to humanity.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by sadissbala(m): 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
amaechi1:
Saraki, should not been seen as above the law. This is about Nigeria. Whether PDP or APC saraki should face the law for Nigeria to live tomorrow.

If they choose to die the matter, I will be the first to jump to street for protest. The future of this country must not be left in the had of these thieve (APC and PDP)
besides most of the senators PDP or APC are corrupt if government wanted to deal with them is just a matter of investigating their past and prosecution
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by SenJoe(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2016
kernel501:

TOMORROW, YOU WILL TELL US, NIGERIANS DON'T WANT HIM THERE, SO WHO IS KEEPING HIM?

I wonder o

Is it goats that's been voting for him?
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by WATCHOVER(m): 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
amaechi1:
Saraki, should not been seen as above the law. This is about Nigeria. Whether PDP or APC saraki should face the law for Nigeria to live tomorrow.

If they choose to die the matter, I will be the first to jump to street for protest. The future of this country must not be left in the had of these thieve (APC and PDP)
I wish you a wonderful protest.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by tobore55: 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
So why is the case in court then if the parties and politicians can now determine Saraki's fate and not the judicial systerm.Hopeless politicians,hopeless parties,useless judicial,hopless country.God help Nigeria

quote author=zik4ever post=43757189]LEADERS of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) appear sharply divided on the fate that should befall the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, in view of his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), sources close to the party have said.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that a stakeholders’ meeting of the APC, which held at the Presidential Villa, two weeks ago, was truncated as a result of the cracks in the top hierarchy of the party on the issue.

It was also learnt that while a number of party chiefs were of the view that the Saraki matter must be handled carefully so as not to cause an early implosion within the party, some were of the view that the Senate President should be allowed to carry his cross, while others were of the view that the ongoing trial could speak negatively about the party.

It was gathered that while Saraki’s matter was billed for discussion at the Villa meeting, which was presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, some leaders, who were in attendance and who did not want the matter resolved by the party, sent out messages to some media, intimating them Saraki was going to the Villa to beg APC leaders.

A source in the know said the messages sent to some media outfits practically took the wind out of the sail of the meeting and largely culminated in the failure to reach any concrete conclusion.

“The party is largely divided on the Saraki issue and I can tell you this is affecting things down the line. It is affecting the way senators of the APC are also reacting to things. The Villa meeting was set up to ensure that the party could extract some commitments from Saraki and find a political solution to the issues at stake, but those opposed to a resolution apparently moved fast.

“They started sending messages to some media to indicate that Saraki was going to the Villa to be the APC even before the Senate President left the National Assembly. He got to the Villa late, but even before he left the chamber, his office had been bombarded by questions from several media. The meeting could not come to a concrete solution that day because of the antics of the leaders, who leaked the meeting, even though the absence of President Muhammadu Buhari also contributed to the meeting’s failure,” a source said.

Sources also confirmed that the division at the top echelon of the APC was also affecting the unity of its members in the Senate.

While the anti-Saraki forces are pushing for his replacement with another senator, who will have the backing of the party, senators loyal to Saraki are firming up together in case of any untoward development.

Loyalists of the Senate President, under the aegis of the Like Mind Senators (LMS), are insisting that even if the APC insists on removing Saraki, his supporters and the senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would determine the emergence of the successor.

Sources said the LMS was relying on its number, which currently stood at 32 out of the 58 senators of the APC and the backing of the PDP senators, whose number stood at 45 right now, pending the conduct of some rerun.

“We just hope that reason will prevail and this matter would be resolved amicably. The APC needs to learn from recent history of the assembly. When former President Olusegun Obasanjo orchestrated the removal of Senator Adolphus Wabara, believing that he would not support the third term agenda, the senators rallied round and elected Senator Ken Nnamani, who was not his choice and the Enugu senator contributed to the defeat of third term,” a lawmaker said, on Sunday.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/cct-trial-apc-leaders-divided-over-saraki[/quote]
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by mayoor15(m): 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
kernel501:

Only kwarans will understand, you dont wish saraki is from your state, funny enough he is even not truly from kwara, an ogun indigene claiming kwara,he won cos some people are still living under the spell his father casted before he died..Majority of kwara elite are tired of him, his own is even worse than the father..As a kwaran I wish he is dealt with, let him lose his seat and banned for years, collecting his asset back is a waste of time cos it will still end up with him and many are not even in his name again...Go read about seni saraki, his 21 or 22 years old that is now running a club named ABS, a club he acquired as governor as a feeder team to state owned kwara united....This guy has done a lot of things and kwarans cant fight for itself, maybe God pushed him up to disgrace him........For me let the trial continue
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
zik4ever:
LEADERS of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) appear sharply divided on the fate that should befall the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, in view of his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), sources close to the party have said.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that a stakeholders’ meeting of the APC, which held at the Presidential Villa, two weeks ago, was truncated as a result of the cracks in the top hierarchy of the party on the issue.

It was also learnt that while a number of party chiefs were of the view that the Saraki matter must be handled carefully so as not to cause an early implosion within the party, some were of the view that the Senate President should be allowed to carry his cross, while others were of the view that the ongoing trial could speak negatively about the party.

It was gathered that while Saraki’s matter was billed for discussion at the Villa meeting, which was presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, some leaders, who were in attendance and who did not want the matter resolved by the party, sent out messages to some media, intimating them Saraki was going to the Villa to beg APC leaders.

A source in the know said the messages sent to some media outfits practically took the wind out of the sail of the meeting and largely culminated in the failure to reach any concrete conclusion.

“The party is largely divided on the Saraki issue and I can tell you this is affecting things down the line. It is affecting the way senators of the APC are also reacting to things. The Villa meeting was set up to ensure that the party could extract some commitments from Saraki and find a political solution to the issues at stake, but those opposed to a resolution apparently moved fast.

“They started sending messages to some media to indicate that Saraki was going to the Villa to be the APC even before the Senate President left the National Assembly. He got to the Villa late, but even before he left the chamber, his office had been bombarded by questions from several media. The meeting could not come to a concrete solution that day because of the antics of the leaders, who leaked the meeting, even though the absence of President Muhammadu Buhari also contributed to the meeting’s failure,” a source said.

Sources also confirmed that the division at the top echelon of the APC was also affecting the unity of its members in the Senate.

While the anti-Saraki forces are pushing for his replacement with another senator, who will have the backing of the party, senators loyal to Saraki are firming up together in case of any untoward development.

Loyalists of the Senate President, under the aegis of the Like Mind Senators (LMS), are insisting that even if the APC insists on removing Saraki, his supporters and the senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would determine the emergence of the successor.

Sources said the LMS was relying on its number, which currently stood at 32 out of the 58 senators of the APC and the backing of the PDP senators, whose number stood at 45 right now, pending the conduct of some rerun.

“We just hope that reason will prevail and this matter would be resolved amicably. The APC needs to learn from recent history of the assembly. When former President Olusegun Obasanjo orchestrated the removal of Senator Adolphus Wabara, believing that he would not support the third term agenda, the senators rallied round and elected Senator Ken Nnamani, who was not his choice and the Enugu senator contributed to the defeat of third term,” a lawmaker said, on Sunday.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/cct-trial-apc-leaders-divided-over-saraki
This is a poorly written article.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
This crap is what Nigerians call Politics?
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by yunabdul: 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
The truth must be told. Let the CCT do the work that it is established to do. Let the CCT stand firm and let Justice prevail.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
AceRoyal:
Whatever the outcome of this Saraki saga,it's gonna be a big lose for APC.......tongue
you must be a political scientist if not you reason like one. Respect
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by AceRoyal: 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
dannyjesutofunmi:
you must be a political scientist if not you reason like one. Respect
Gracias!!!
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by sinistermind(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Saraki is a smart man. APC might implode becos of this case. Saraki isn't a politician of yesterday. Ekweremadu became his deputy for a reason.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by orakao8: 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
AMEN
sinistermind:
Saraki is a smart man. APC might implode becos of this case. Saraki isn't a politician of yesterday. Ekweremadu became his deputy for a reason.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Ratello: 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fadekebisola:

you just contradicted yourself in your speech.....if u ask me how then i will know that u are not learnable
How? What happened to "Beauty and Brain"? undecided you are beautiful no doubt but why misconstrue my simple analysis up their Fadekemi? Saraki is attaching too much importance to himself in this case as if he is one of the gladiators in APC when in actual fact he is a local champion in the scheme of things. I repeat, if Saraki is important to APC he won't go through all these public disgrace of "sitting in the dock" like a common criminal.....oooops I just replied you cuty oya launch another salvo.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Fadekebisola(f): 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:

How? What happened to "Beauty and Brain"? undecided you are beautiful no doubt but why misconstrue my simple analysis up their Fadekemi? Saraki is attaching too much importance to himself in this case as if he is one of the gladiators in APC when in actual fact he is a local champion in the scheme of things. I repeat, if Saraki is important to APC he won't go through all these public disgrace of "sitting in the dock" like a common criminal.....oooops I just replied you cuty oya launch another salvo.
i never insulted u.....i just meant that someone who is important will be hunted unlike an unimportant person who will be left alone

cheers! not insult intended ab initio

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Ratello: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Theophrastus:

SARAKI.....the game master! Commot saraki for your own peril!
Game Master ko, Game Prefect ni..........then why is he scheming to evade judgment from CCT after Supreme Court had concluded that CCT is capable by law to try him. I swear Saraki is a clown....: D cheesy Game Master indeed....
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Ratello: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fadekebisola:

i never insulted u.....i just meant that someone who is important will be hunted unlike an unimportant person who will be left alone

cheers! not insult intended ab initio
Hey no worries........now you got my drift. I do not intend to launch any ad hominem attack ok....peace cuty.
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by 247notire(m): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
kernel501:

Now that's a pertinent questiin ryt thr...
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Rainmaker2016: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
amaechi1:

U re not always be bro
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by Progress2468(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
amaechi1:

How often do your president obey the law
Re: CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki by sunshine1974(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2016
amaechi1:

sharap dere! How many protest ve u ever participated in ur life.....na people like Una dey run go hide after Una don cause trouble

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Rejects N7b VP Residence, Says He Will Remain In Current Accommodation / APC Members Kick Against Akpabio’s Defection, Petition Oshiomhole / Twin Bomb Blast In Jos, 44 Killed, 67 Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.