Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria (38533 Views)

How To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / My terrible experience with skrill / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by oriflamebaby1(f): 6:40pm On May 20, 2016
I am a network marketer and I am bold to say it's the Best career decision I have ever taken.Anytime I look back I just thank God I did not let negativity draw me back.
Network marketing is not a get rich quick! It's a business you will do and your future self will thank you for. Same company,same products, but different result. The company is not to blame dear cos we all have same opportunity!

My name is ORIFLAME BABY and make money,look ;good and have fun just ask me how angry grin

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by homesteady(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2016
That was how the HOD of one department in my school kept of for close to 2 hours in one hot lab, trying to convince us to join one helping hands scheme!

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish!

My family did that crap many years back, and we didn't hear any story again.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by phunkyshow(f): 8:09pm On May 20, 2016
I think this post should be moved to joke section. Just can't stop laughing at comments
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Esy2luv: 8:42pm On May 20, 2016
FRIENDS, MLM IS NOT BAD BUT TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT VERY WELL BEFORE YOU JOIN. IS NOT A GET RICH QUICK BUSINESS.LIKE AIM GLOBAL, I MUST TELL YOU THAT IS VERY GOOD. WHEN YOU REGISTER, THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE PRODUCTS THAT WORTH YOUR REGISTRATION MONEY, IF YOU MAKE A NEW ORDER, THEY WILL GIVE YOU 25% DISCOUNT. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE EXPIRY DATES OF THE PRODUCTS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YOU HANDLE IT. I REGISTERED WITH AIM GLOBAL LAST MONTH, AFTER THE PRODUCTS THEY GAVE ME, I MADE ORDER THAT WORTH 15,350 NAIRA AND AFTER SELLING I MADE GAIN OF MORE THAN 8K. IS NOT FAKE BUT IT DEPENDS ALSO ON THE PERSON YOU REGISTER WITH, IF YOUR UPLINE IS WEAK, YOU WILL REGRET REGISTERING WITH MLM. I DON'T REGRET BEING A MEMBER, I WILL BE GOING FOR MY 2ND ACCOUNT NEXT WEEK. THANKS ALL
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by gloriana(f): 10:42pm On May 20, 2016
marv1:
Does epilepsy have cure?
if u av d money n patience
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Onyeoma3: 12:31am On May 21, 2016
[b] Very funny comments indeed.

Just a few question for everyone castigating network marketing based on personal experience/that of others ....

1) People have made it and are still making it in this business. Have you ever gotten close to any of them to know how they made it? (And mind you everyone started from the scratch)

2) when you joined at first and failed did you ever make a review of why you didn't succeed the first time. If you didn't, then you didn't really learn any lesson.

3) Do you think that if you get a physical shop today, go straight to the market and buy products without learning about the business and the skills for success (of course every business has success skills needed), you'll succeed? Why would you think differently about Network marketing?
(over 60% of people that start this business today, get the products and rush off to the streets without developing the basic skills, and then end up blaming everyone when they fail)

The honest truth is :
1) That there are scammers out there taking advantage of greedy Nigerians.

2) If someone at any point tell you that there's this business you'll start today and start earning millions instantly, it's either he wants to scam you or not telling you the truth. If in this Internet age, one still falls for such story, the person needs a special examination...

3) It's very wrong and unprofessional to cajole someone into a business without telling the person everything involved in the business so the person can decide if he wants to go in for it or not.

4) Network marketing is not for everyone, to succeed, you must be persistent, patient and determined, and work towards personal development each day.

5) if your main aim for joining the profession is to get rich overnight, you'll give up sooner. Have at the back of your mind that this profession is an incubator for personal development. Reman strong in times of self doubt.

6) A professional doesn't just get you started, but helps you to succeed in any business. Personality of the person inviting you matters. Someone advertising something else while actually doing another thing is totally condemnable and spells total desperation.

Advice: Times are hard, before you part with your hard earned money for any business, make your intensive search so you'll know what you're venturing into.

N/B: I'm a network marketer on my 2nd missionary journey, after the 1st one crashed and I never realized 1kobo from my initial investment till today. I decided to risk this 2nd opportunity and give it a try after learning from and analyzing the lapses I had in the 1st business; and has accepted whatever the outcome will be, though it's been good so far. Life itself is a risk after all!!

May God bless our hustles... [/b]

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by MCastle: 3:48am On May 21, 2016
Network marketing is not a get rich quick scheme bro. I tried one and failed. Last year I joined another and I made it. I get paid monthly working from home, everyone I know is is doing well only few lazy people.
And when you want to join mlm there are this you should look out for.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by mpowa(m): 4:15am On May 21, 2016
blazingcash:

Well there is no gain saying the fact that a lot of Nigerians have had their own often bitter experiences with the whole network marketing saga.

But World's richest billionaire, Bill Gates said "if i would be given a chance to start all over again, i would choose NETWORK MARKETING" meaning even if you take all his billions today, with network marketing he will bounce back to be world's richest man again. How inspiring!!! If you must know, network marketing is the reason why Bill sleeps and wakes up everyday $4 million richer, doing nothing.

That is to tell you that regardless your opinions, network marketing is the koko when it comes to financial freedom. Now, I respect your skepticism though about this particular business concept, and why most Nigerians don't want to have anything to do with anything that appears to be like a networking stuff, or like they put it "MLM" (even if the scheme is only wearing the monkey jacket of networking,most Nigerians immediately take to their heels) taking cognizance of your respective experiences, but i will like to ask you this question - does the fact that cars are prone to having accidents stop you from buying one if you have the money? Like in debates that year, 'i leave that question for my opponents to answer' lol.

Friends the truth is, if you really want to experience a difference in something, you just have to try out something new because like the popular adage goes "you can't expect to have a different result when you keep doing the same thing" or however it is put..lol.

But what I'm trying to buttress here is that in a network marketing system, you work with people and like Pam Moore said "you can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them". In every network of people, your success is assured by the joint effort of everybody which is so much better because personally i would love to earn 1% of everybody's effort than 100% of my own effort. I don't know about you but that's what i would prefer and i think you should. Networking and investment always go pari pasu, meaning haven created a network, there has to be an investment into that network, which is but a token to what you stand to gain back in a matter of time.

Network marketing really is what we all need to get to that status where every person in the system is financially independent as a result of the joint efforts of team members.

Now let's look at the statistics, 75% of America's economy is composed of small and medium scale enterprises which are a small network of people serving as a feeder matrix for the bigger dogs. Lemme not get too technical here, but basically that is why till tomorrow America's economy will remain strong because the cash flow in her system circulates within people, unlike here in our beloved country where some persons are ontop of the bullion van while others are.... Well you know the rest...lol.

Now upon my critical observations over time, you will realise that the most parts of the complains about network marketing comes from networks which often time are engaged in the buying and selling of products. Although am not condemning here, but the reality is that when members cannot meet a particular sale volume for the month, you see that they are not given their due reward or worse still are made to retrogress haven attained some level before. And that's the part that's really not cool. And exactly why the complains come.

Another thing is that most Nigerians fail to critically consider and re-consider the sustainability plan of these different networks springing up on a daily. Once the offer seems enticing to them,they just jump on it, without checking to see if the firm has the potential to be sustained over time. Now when the network crashes tomorrow, you see members who fell victims come out to generalize that anything called network marketing is a scam, trying to even poison the minds of those who are interested in trying out a network for themselves, when they have not done their basic fundamental ground work and analysis. I consider such claims totally outrageous. So for me, sustainability is one major thing i look out for before joining any network regardless her enticing offer. And you should too.

Networking in itself isn't such a bad thing to try one out today. All you have to do is ensure you first carry out the basic check of certain criteria. And i can stand to tell you that authoritatively that although there still exist the bad eggs, but not all networks are the same.

I studied chemical engineering uniben, done with nysc (served in rivers state) nd was cds president of my cds group. Still in port Harcourt, I joined a network that has really been a blessing to me and today, some of my cds members and ex president colleagues as well joined in and are making their money for themselves, totally forgotten their days of skepticism. Here, there is no buying and selling of any products whatsoever (because i particularly hated the thought of moving up and down the street trying to market any products) and there is no monthly sale volume you have to meet up with. Also, here, overtaking is very much allowed unlike some networks where you never grow past the person that introduced you, because of their pyramid set up. I personally overtook my upline so i know exactly what I'm talking about. And here, we are a TEAM. As at when i told the principal of the school i served with about the network, she immediately joined and also registered 6 members of her family same day and aside her salary,she's making her cool money too. She even told me of her first alert that she got and i could see the excitement all over her face.

Now I'm not saying all these to try to convince anyone to come join.No. i believe that our lives is a product of the choices we make and that the choices we make today goes a long to shapen our future tomorrow. All networks are not the same, u just have to be in the right one. That's my take. The only difference between a rich and a poor man in our society today is opportunity. Make wise use of the ones that come your way today so you can have a shelter for your future tomorrow. Remember if you don't make up your mind to be at the top, nobody will take you there. and Joining a network today can make the whole process to the top faster for you.

I still get paid. You think its too good to be true, i still get paid,. You join me,we both get paid. And if you don't join me, i still get paid. Because of time and space, You could reach me on 08136639283 so we talk more

Where did Bill gates say that quote? show us a video proof, you guys don quote am tire to persuade gullible souls, the new person been quoted now is Jack Ma and everybody is quoting him, every thing is a lie, why will Bill Gates, the richest man in the world regret adding great value to the world without scamming people, MLM is a scam simple and final.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by mpowa(m): 4:24am On May 21, 2016
Charlesberry:

You've said it all. Nigerian think u will join n be millionaires over night but my advice is study d company before joining coz d r more to network marketing but trust me is d best path to financial freedom

And what do the company promise, didn't they tell people they'll become rich the soonest time? showing them testimonials and colourful slides of others who just did it.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by mpowa(m): 4:28am On May 21, 2016
Onyeoma3:
[b] Very funny comments indeed.

Just a few question for everyone castigating network marketing based on personal experience/that of others ....

1) People have made it and are still making it in this business. Have you ever gotten close to any of them to know how they made it? (And mind you everyone started from the scratch)

2) when you joined at first and failed did you ever make a review of why you didn't succeed the first time. If you didn't, then you didn't really learn any lesson.

3) Do you think that if you get a physical shop today, go straight to the market and buy products without learning about the business and the skills for success (of course every business has success skills needed), you'll succeed? Why would you think differently about Network marketing?
(over 60% of people that start this business today, get the products and rush off to the streets without developing the basic skills, and then end up blaming everyone when they fail)

The honest truth is :
1) That there are scammers out there taking advantage of greedy Nigerians.

2) If someone at any point tell you that there's this business you'll start today and start earning millions instantly, it's either he wants to scam you or not telling you the truth. If in this Internet age, one still falls for such story, the person needs a special examination...

3) It's very wrong and unprofessional to cajole someone into a business without telling the person everything involved in the business so the person can decide if he wants to go in for it or not.

4) Network marketing is not for everyone, to succeed, you must be persistent, patient and determined, and work towards personal development each day.

5) if your main aim for joining the profession is to get rich overnight, you'll give up sooner. Have at the back of your mind that this profession is an incubator for personal development. Reman strong in times of self doubt.

6) A professional doesn't just get you started, but helps you to succeed in any business. Personality of the person inviting you matters. Someone advertising something else while actually doing another thing is totally condemnable and spells total desperation.

Advice: Times are hard, before you part with your hard earned money for any business, make your intensive search so you'll know what you're venturing into.

N/B: I'm a network marketer on my 2nd missionary journey, after the 1st one crashed and I never realized 1kobo from my initial investment till today. I decided to risk this 2nd opportunity and give it a try after learning from and analyzing the lapses I had in the 1st business; and has accepted whatever the outcome will be, though it's been good so far. Life itself is a risk after all!!

May God bless our hustles... [/b]

Mlm is not sustainable no matter what you say, only a minute few like 1% will make it, others will suffer under the evil pyramid scheme.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Onyeoma3: 6:03am On May 21, 2016
mpowa:

Mlm is not sustainable no matter what you say, only a minute few like 1% will make it, others will suffer under the evil pyramid scheme.

Try and do a detailed research about the business in the United States of America and see statistics for yourself. Let's work with proven facts at this point and not perception. The hardworking ones will always in any good business while the lazy ones will fail and find who to blame for their failure.

In every business, people succeed and people fail.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2016
sunshine1974:
but op from all u wrote I didn't see where u got defrauded.....stop discouraging people, u are just a lazy person. I'm a multi level marketer, I do it per time because I work, I'm making cool cash, I ve no regrets. Nobody duped u so quit discouraging people
You are correct. I have reply this post in the thread - https://www.nairaland.com/3117035/re-terrible-experience-multilevel-marketing

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2016
mpowa:

And what do the company promise, didn't they tell people they'll become rich the soonest time? showing them testimonials and colourful slides of others who just did it.
Are you sure that is what they said? I have reply this post in the thread - https://www.nairaland.com/3117035/re-terrible-experience-multilevel-marketing
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 7:04am On May 21, 2016
MCastle:
Network marketing is not a get rich quick scheme bro. I tried one and failed. Last year I joined another and I made it. I get paid monthly working from home, everyone I know is is doing well only few lazy people.
And when you want to join mlm there are this you should look out for.
You are right my brother

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by stephano100(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2016
The 10 Big Lies of Multi-Level Marketing by Robert L.
FitzPatrick:
Lie #1: MLM is a business offering better opportunities for
making large sums of money than all other conventional
business and professional models.
Lie #2: Network marketing is the most popular and
effective new way to bring products to market.
Consumers like to buy products on a one-to-one basis in
the MLM model.
Lie #3: Eventually all products will be sold by MLM, a new
form of marketing. Retail stores, shopping malls,
catalogues and most forms of advertising will soon be
rendered obsolete by MLM.
Lie #4: MLM is a new way of life that offers happiness and
fulfillment. It is a means to attain all the good things in
life.
Lie #5: MLM is a spiritual movement.
Lie #6: Success in MLM is easy. Friends and relatives are
the natural prospects. Those who love and support you
will become your lifetime customers.
Lie #7: You can do MLM in your spare time. As a
business, it offers the greatest flexibility and personal
freedom of time. A few hours a week can earn a
significant supplemental income and may grow to a very
large income making other work unnecessary.
Lie #8. MLM is a positive, supportive new business that
affirms the human spirit and personal freedom.
Lie #9. MLM is the best option for owning your own
business and attaining real economic independence.
Lie #10: MLM is not a pyramid scheme because products
are sold.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by teemy(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2016
Onyeoma3:

Try and do a detailed research about the business in the United States of America and see statistics for yourself. Let's work with proven facts at this point and not perception. The hardworking ones will always in any good business while the lazy ones will fail and find who to blame for their failure.

Your all bolds font could get your posts removed in line with nairaland rule 11. Cheers
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by aloeman15(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2016
In a nation where most of us are looking for short cuts, why will mlm work?
If you really want to know what it takes to succeed in network marketing, look for 2 people- a business owner who's just 2-3 years in their venture; and a professional marketing executive with 1 year's experience.
Then ask them what their average day was like when they started out, and how much they made in that time. Because these two roles are exactly what network marketing requires.
When you have all that information, come back here and tell us truthfully, how much effort you put into your 'millionaire' business.
I dey wait.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Charlesberry(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
mpowa:

Na jafa company d tell u dat one. Bro if u no like am Liv am na. I still get paid oo
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Sunglow: 10:17pm On May 21, 2016
Some of you complaining went through a Nigerian high institution whereby you did a 4 years Course for Six years and you didn't complain, you kept at it knowing that one day you would graduate.Network Marketing takes time,and it works.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Sunglow: 10:21pm On May 21, 2016
Onyeoma3:

Thank you for this post.Americans are making it big through MLM and our people are here complaining its not working.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On May 25, 2016
aloeman15:
In a nation where most of us are looking for short cuts, why will mlm work?
If you really want to know what it takes to succeed in network marketing, look for 2 people- a business owner who's just 2-3 years in their venture; and a professional marketing executive with 1 year's experience.
Then ask them what their average day was like when they started out, and how much they made in that time. Because these two roles are exactly what network marketing requires.
When you have all that information, come back here and tell us truthfully, how much effort you put into your 'millionaire' business.
I dey wait.
Thank for that realistic observation.
There is this unbelievable treasure tree advertisement. I SMELL A RAT. There's one yemisi imasi making big claims. What is the missing link? What is she not letting us know?

FRUIT CATEGORIES
S/N FRUITS AMOUNT (#) MONTHLY RETURNS TOTAL
RETURN(#)
1STMONTH(#) 2ND MONTH(#) 3RD MONTH(#)
1 ORANGE 110,000 73,000 73,000 73,000 220,000
2 STRAWBERRY 160,000 106,000 106,000 106,000 320,000
3 PEAR 230,000 153,000 153,000 153,000 460,000
4 PINEAPPLE 500,000 350,000 350,000 350,000 1,050,000
5 APPLE 1,000,000 700,000 700,000 700,000 2,100,000
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On May 25, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
A friend approached me to say she had a brilliant idea on how I can get rich quickly.
She was going to give me a new range of consumer products that sells thrice the cost price. I asked if that is all and she explained that it was some sort of ladder marketing.
The more sellers I introduce under the scheme, the higher my profit…eventually, I will be eligible for perks like a fancy car and a trip to Dubai or the Caribbeans. As much as one of my aspirations for this year is to travel outside Nigeria even if it’s Cotonou, I started walking away.

You see, I have had a bitter experience with this multi-level marketing, network marketing or whatever it is called and I swore seven years ago never to involve myself again no matter how desperate I get.
Eight years ago, my family literally invested all we had in one IFFA multilevel marketing scheme that operated under the umbrella of Diamond Bank. That was when I first heard of multi-level marketing and my dad thought the idea was genius. Who wouldn’t when the package came with a customised debit card for each participant to cash out their ‘millions of naira’ months later.
We sold most of our shares in the stock market to fund this and introduced everybody we knew to our ‘tree’.
I remember when a rich uncle gave me my twenty thousand naira and my dad used all of it to get the IFFA forms so I could issue out to my classmates.

We spent weekends attending nerve-racking motivational rallies held by the stinking rich organisers of IFFA who rode on the ignorance of people like us to get to where they are. By the time the scales fell from our eyes, we had lost all we had including the goodwill of those we introduced. All we had left were thousands of IFFA registration forms we were now using to wrap melon seeds at home and debit cards littered like a pack of cards around the house. And where were the so -called organisers?
London, today;
Paris, tomorrow;
America during the weekend;
Because they worked hard and persevered unlike our lazy asses.

That was how a friend I met during NYSC told me on the day of POP that he is going to stay behind in the village he served to sell coffee under one multi level marketing scheme!
He was trying to convince me to stay and join the coffee scheme too since my house rent had a 2-year expiration period.
That was a 2’1 graduate of Electrical Engineering who started his service year with an aspiration of working with a multinational company and he’s was just going to abandon that beautiful dream to sell bitter coffee after he had been brainwashed.
I mean who even drinks coffee in Nigeria? Talk more of rural areas? I don’t know the story ended cos I cut off friendship with him after NYSC to avoid post POP stories that touch the heart and soul.
Same way I feel about GNLD and co. I don’t mean to knock anyone’s hustle but I refuse to be swayed by the vacation photos on Instagram of those who hammered by networking others 2000 years ago.
Never ever!
Currently, anyone who approaches my family house and mentions the words, ‘network marketing’ or ‘multi-level stands the risk of being stoned to death.
What are your experiences with multi-level marketing?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/multi-level-marketing-nigeria-419/
There is this Yemisi Imasi on Treasure Tree investment. She's claiming to give over 70, 000 on 110,000 in 1 month! I know something is missing. I still can't finger it now...any ideas
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On May 25, 2016
oriflamebaby1:
I am a network marketer and I am bold to say it's the Best career decision I have ever taken.Anytime I look back I just thank God I did not let negativity draw me back.
Network marketing is not a get rich quick! It's a business you will do and your future self will thank you for. Same company,same products, but different result. The company is not to blame dear cos we all have same opportunity!

My name is ORIFLAME BABY and make money,look ;good and have fun just ask me how angry grin
oriflame keeps forcing its consultants to buy 200bp worth of products per month. If you can't, then your down line must buy 200bp! Miss one month and loose bonus point. Very cruel if you're not into selling things and need extra income like fast-fast...
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by aloeman15(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2016
If that's their business model, what can you do?
It's like complaining about a bank's savings interest- they HAVE THE RIGHT to set it as they please.
Just as you have the right to start your business with a different MLM company.
They're many and just like banks, ALL their plans are different.
You just have to do your due diligence first and properly before joining them.
themall:
oriflame keeps forcing its consultants to buy 200bp worth of products per month. If you can't, then your down line must buy 200bp! Miss one month and loose bonus point. Very cruel if you're not into selling things and need extra income like fast-fast...
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by chyegems(f): 7:33pm On May 25, 2016
Dem no go ever see my leg...this woman in my street disturbing me about one eternal networking biz,any time I see u,I will keep dodging u or telling u stories till u borrow ur self sense and leave me alone.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 25, 2016
chyegems:
Dem no go ever see my leg...this woman in my street disturbing me about one eternal networking biz,any time I see u,I will keep dodging u or telling u stories till u borrow ur self sense and leave me alone.
hahahahahaha, wise one
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 25, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
A friend approached me to say she had a brilliant idea on how I can get rich quickly.
She was going to give me a new range of consumer products that sells thrice the cost price. I asked if that is all and she explained that it was some sort of ladder marketing.
The more sellers I introduce under the scheme, the higher my profit…eventually, I will be eligible for perks like a fancy car and a trip to Dubai or the Caribbeans. As much as one of my aspirations for this year is to travel outside Nigeria even if it’s Cotonou, I started walking away.

You see, I have had a bitter experience with this multi-level marketing, network marketing or whatever it is called and I swore seven years ago never to involve myself again no matter how desperate I get.
Eight years ago, my family literally invested all we had in one IFFA multilevel marketing scheme that operated under the umbrella of Diamond Bank. That was when I first heard of multi-level marketing and my dad thought the idea was genius. Who wouldn’t when the package came with a customised debit card for each participant to cash out their ‘millions of naira’ months later.
We sold most of our shares in the stock market to fund this and introduced everybody we knew to our ‘tree’.
I remember when a rich uncle gave me my twenty thousand naira and my dad used all of it to get the IFFA forms so I could issue out to my classmates.

We spent weekends attending nerve-racking motivational rallies held by the stinking rich organisers of IFFA who rode on the ignorance of people like us to get to where they are. By the time the scales fell from our eyes, we had lost all we had including the goodwill of those we introduced. All we had left were thousands of IFFA registration forms we were now using to wrap melon seeds at home and debit cards littered like a pack of cards around the house. And where were the so -called organisers?
London, today;
Paris, tomorrow;
America during the weekend;
Because they worked hard and persevered unlike our lazy asses.

That was how a friend I met during NYSC told me on the day of POP that he is going to stay behind in the village he served to sell coffee under one multi level marketing scheme!
He was trying to convince me to stay and join the coffee scheme too since my house rent had a 2-year expiration period.
That was a 2’1 graduate of Electrical Engineering who started his service year with an aspiration of working with a multinational company and he’s was just going to abandon that beautiful dream to sell bitter coffee after he had been brainwashed.
I mean who even drinks coffee in Nigeria? Talk more of rural areas? I don’t know the story ended cos I cut off friendship with him after NYSC to avoid post POP stories that touch the heart and soul.
Same way I feel about GNLD and co. I don’t mean to knock anyone’s hustle but I refuse to be swayed by the vacation photos on Instagram of those who hammered by networking others 2000 years ago.
Never ever!
Currently, anyone who approaches my family house and mentions the words, ‘network marketing’ or ‘multi-level stands the risk of being stoned to death.
What are your experiences with multi-level marketing?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/multi-level-marketing-nigeria-419/

How about Yemisi Imasi Empowerment 90 working days. See -
http://yemisiimasi.com/treasure-tree/
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by temiyaks(m): 9:43pm On May 25, 2016
Abeg o! Any info about dis yemisi imasi treasure tree stuff. Deposit 110k nd get 210k afta 90days. Supported by diamond bank. Deres is something invicible am not seeing, i can just smell it. your experience nd knowledge is needed.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 26, 2016
Are you talking about the shop and get paid? What is it about?
Amigo101:
Attended one if their Meetings yesterday. Come see sweet mouth! What got me pissed is; I noticed they planted their member all over the hall. Their job is to speak well of the scheme to anyone who cared to listen. I can't knock their hussle but it sounded too good to be true.
I still dey observe.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria by syntekelite(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2016
@op,i replied to ur topic and got banned,as in its annoying,just wanna know how many people got banned,cos till now i dont know why and didnt get any explanation,all in all nairaland sucks...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business / Hilarious Shopping Plaza With Different Business Options (Caption Yours) Pics / Customers, Bank Staff Fight Over BVN Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.