Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,018 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) (26886 Views)

Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars / This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. / Nasa Scientists:we Can Get To Mars In 3days With Photonic Propulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by AmenRa: 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Wetin Dem dey find go there? Now when Dem go jam better aliens Dem go begin dey shout for Jack Bauer abi na Merlin wey dey him house dey sleep jeje...
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by larrytorch(m): 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nature8:

Lol.. I'm telling you bro, I don't mind going there with the love of my life and start a new life there.. This earth and their evil self..

Earth is not evil, humans are

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jimmynauty: 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
grin grin hope it finds the spagetti monster
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:
ESA's Chief believes that NASA should first look to the Moon before thinking of sending man to Mars or even building a settlemment there.He believes Moon has the answer to survivability on another planet.Why not start with a star 3days away rather than a planet two light years away.

He also wants to build a Human Village on the Far Side of the moon with plans to use conditions there to determine how astronauts can survive on Mars.He believes the Mars mission is not yet ripe in 2030.

However NASA has said they would return to the moon by 2020 but the Mars programme remains.

Also should NASA visit Europa before or after a manned mission to Mars.

Johnydon22

To me both the Moon and Mars are important to our Solar system explorations..

and yes the ESA chief is correct.. NASA is planning a manned missioned to the moon by 2018- 2020s ..

And it will be long duration missions and not the few hours missions of the Apollo's.
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nature8:

Lol.. I'm telling you bro, I don't mind going there with the love of my life and start a new life there.. This earth and their evil self..

Hahahahahahahahahaha If earth fails we all fail because EARTH is all of us..

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
ChappyChase:

How old will she be by 2030? And would she not have died from cocaine overdose or any drug abuse related death?

Abeg no spoil my fantasy na ... angry
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by ChappyChase: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:

Abeg no spoil my fantasy na ... angry
No vex, am just stating the obvious :-/
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
ChappyChase:
No vex, am just stating the obvious undecided
hahahahahahahaha
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good people of Nigeria and Igbos can take us to mars.
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Abudu2000(m): 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Geofavor:

while science hasn't been able to paint a clear picture of how the earth came into existence, it has been able to prove that most of the organisms living in it EVOLVED from pre-existing organisms.
Even the bible doesn't support your notion. Tell me, how is it possible that humans came from some other planets when we've been around since times when there was nothing like technology?

How did the people get here from other planets? Which device did they have then that flew them here?
its obvious that u were neva a science student n if u were,u would need full expo to score 10/100
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Abudu2000(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Just imagining what if we actually came into this world the way we are trying to get into mars,like man couldnt return back to its place of origin......i mean,okay yea evolution,we all came out from,i believe in the evolution theory especially when you look plainly at the way some humans are,,,,*sighs* science can be very complicated
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Mrbigman1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
And over here in Nigeria, our people re seeking knowledge on how to invent new crimes and be satisfied.

Our education system is a mess.

No support for inventors, and research.

See how our banking system is waxing cos dey use dem to sweep us off our feet.

I wonder what race we re from?

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Smooyis(m): 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nice and educative write up
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by emorse(m): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
larrytorch:

Earth is not evil, humans are
WORD!!!!
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 15, 2016
jmichlins:
you never can tell mate. just recently, the people living in the island of papua never believed that there is life beyond their horizon. aliens maybe in our backyard but not in the form we want them to be or we might be the aliens that invaded this planet. maybe what we call animals are the original owners of this planet. We are way too advanced to be associated with them.

Am impressed by your knowledge of astrology. Keep up the good work!!!
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2016
Ezechinwa:

Am impressed by your knowledge of astrology. Keep up the good work!!!
please this is not astrology but astronomy. Anyway I watch lots of documentary about man and his environment on discoveryHD
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Liljeez(m): 7:34am On Mar 15, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You know this topic doesn't affect dollars or why Buhari keeps travellinggrin grin grin,trust those Mods not to see this.

I believe Lalasticlala's password are Olajumoke Breadseller grin

And snake
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 7:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Abudu2000:
its obvious that u were neva a science student n if u were,u would need full expo to score 10/100
sorry sir, but you must be mentally ret.arded! If you have any contradiction to what I said, why not just state it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Abudu2000:
Just imagining what if we actually came into this world the way we are trying to get into mars,like man couldnt return back to its place of origin......i mean,okay yea evolution,we all came out from,i believe in the evolution theory especially when you look plainly at the way some humans are,,,,*sighs* science can be very complicated
sorry sir, but you're the dumbass here. Science isn't complicated; it follows a systematic aproach -- the scientific method!

Countless number of tests have been carried out which proved that humans are of earth origin.
Ode!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by beejaay: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2016
johnydon22:
Picture credits:
http://spaceflight101.com/exomars/exomars-mission-illustrations/

Today is an exciting day as a new Probe is joining the Mars frontier...

The ExoMars 2016 mission is short for Exobiology Mars and is tasked with looking for evidence of life on Mars. It consists of the TGO and Schiaparelli module. The TGO will look for traces of methane in the Martian atmosphere with an eye on learning more about the mechanism that produces it and to determine if this is geological, chemical, or biological. It will also send back images of the Martian surface and search for subsurface ice deposits.

The new rover is on a mission to further probe into the Martian surface for organic signatures (evidence of life) Microbes and colonies of microbes that may be lurking somewhere beneath the surface of the red planet.

That is an exciting possibility and a stepping stone to mankind's quest for extra-terrestrial life forms..

The ExoMars has been launched on a 7 months Journey to the red planet ... Let us go through the stages it will under go on it's journey to Mars..

[img]http://blogs.esa.int/rocketscience/files/2016/03/Schiaparelli_separating_from_Trace_Gas_Orbiter.jpg[/img]
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Smooyis(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
johnydon22:

It is speculated that the 2030's will see the first set of humans in Mars and yes many people are ready and ever willing to go on that One way trip to the red planet.

Up to 100,000 candidates volunteered for the MarsOne mission ..

I don't mind going if i am going with my crush forever Rihanna grin

Are the conditions in Mars tolerable for such human visits. Won't the Mars or some parts of it too cold to be habitable?
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
Smooyis:

Are the conditions in Mars tolerable for such human visits. Won't the Mars or some parts of it too cold to be habitable?
mars is just like earth with little or no difference. Man can habitate in mars but setting up life there needs money (big money) and lots of studies on adaptation
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
Smooyis:

astronauts have to set up a conducive habitat on the bases and will always be on special suites when outside
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
johnydon22:

astronauts have to set up a conducive habitat on the bases and will always be on special suites when outside
guess you have watched the martian
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
jmichlins:
guess you have watched the martian

Yeap it gives an insight ... Also watch NASA documentary on Mars visitations, one hosted by Neil Degress Tyson was quite enjoyable.

You'll get to see the preparations..

-Clothing
-food
-Journey hazards and necessary safety measures.

etc..
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Smooyis(m): 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
jmichlins:
mars is just like earth with little or no difference. Man can habitate in mars but setting up life there needs money (big money) and lots of studies on adaptation

Not really. Even though the planet is the closest to earth and has the highest possibility of supporting human life, there are still lots of differences and encumbrance towards living or paying a visit to Mars by man.

We should never belittle the complexity of the efforts being made.
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Smooyis:

Not really. Even though the planet is the closest to earth and has the highest possibility of supporting human life, there are still lots of differences and encumbrance towards living or paying a visit to Mars by man.

We should never belittle the complexity of the efforts being made.
that was why i made mention of the studies being made

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by IAmTobore(m): 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=43761428][/quote]The satelite and rover belongs to which country?
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
johnydon22:

Laser beam propulsion can transport a probe to Mars in 3 days... The technology is still at infancy that it can only be achieved with a very small object but with further developments it may spell the future of solar system explorations.
Inasmuch as i like the laser propulsion system,it is still very flawed and poses a very high risk of radiation...think about it this way:To generate enough energy lift [let's say 200kg] a probe against gravity,drag etc will be enormous and doctors have warned severally to stay away from lasers for health reasons.Secondly,a manned mission with this system poses a greater risk of losing astronauts/cosmonauts [maybe] because lasers travel in a straight line,don't they?with this speed,finding a trajectory to avoid junks [which with high speed on impact can/may damage the spacecraft] and all that will give very little room from improvision if something goes wrong...i stand to be corrected though!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Inasmuch as i like the laser propulsion system,it is still very flawed and poses a very high risk of radiation...think about it this way:To generate enough energy lift [let's say 200kg] a probe against gravity,drag etc will be enormous and doctors have warned severally to stay away from lasers for health reasons.Secondly,a manned mission with this system poses a greater risk of losing astronauts/cosmonauts [maybe] because lasers travel in a straight line,don't they?with this speed,finding a trajectory to avoid junks [which with high speed on impact can/may damage the spacecraft] and all that will give very little room from improvision if something goes wrong...i stand to be corrected though!
i think they know all these and even more so they will be proactive
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Abudu2000(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Geofavor:

sorry sir, but you're the dumbass here. Science isn't complicated; it follows a systematic aproach -- the scientific method!

Countless number of tests have been carried out which proved that humans are of earth origin.
Ode!
just like my school days,i just got to play dumb to select out the real dummies/over sabies
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
Abudu2000:
just like my school days,i just got to play dumb to select out the real dummies/over sabies
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES / Meet Nkemdilim Begho, The Reason Why Every Woman Must Learn How To Code / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.