Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai (2219 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Speaks On FG's Move To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail / Governor El-rufai Eating Sugarcane (pic) / Governor El-rufai Visits VP Osinbajo In His Office At The Villa Again..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by emamos: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
President of Omega Fire Ministries, OFM, Apostle Johnson Suleiman, has rained curses on Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, over a bill aimed at substituting the Kaduna State religious preaching law if passed into law. The bill is directing that pastors and churches must be licenced to preach.
The Senior Pastor of OFM, in a video being circulated on the social media, warned the governor to “revoke your law or die!”
Recently, Governor El-Rufai reportedly sent a bill to the State House of Assembly to regulate religious preaching across the state.
The bill titled: “A bill for a law to substitute the Kaduna State religious preaching law, 1984.
“It is also aimed at banning the usage of loudspeaker for religious purposes, other than inside a Mosques or Church and the surrounding areas outside the stipulated prayer times (8:00pm).”
Government wanted the Assembly to enact the law that will stop the playing or circulating of, “all cassettes, CDs, flash drives or any other communication gadgets containing religious recordings from accredited preachers other than inside one’s house, porch, Church, Mosques and other designated place of worship.”
The bill seeks to ban sales or playing of any cassette containing “religious recordings in which abusive language is used against any person or religious organisation or religious leaders (past or present).”
The bill, if passed into law, will prohibit sales of religious books, usage of abusive and derogatory terms in describing any religion. The bill proposes that any person found guilty of preaching without a valid licence and other offences under the law “shall be liable to two years in prison or pay a fine of N200, 000.”
The Apostle, commenting on the bill, said it is not applicable in Nigeria, hence, will not be enacted.
He said, “They will appoint their own who will make it hard for the church but easy for the mosque. When it comes to the mosque, they give them a very good area but when it comes to the church, they gives bad areas. We are not trouble makers. Don’t trouble us.
“I want to warn the Governor of Kaduna state. I have read on papers many times how he abused Jesus. I have read many things and Christians came after him, he said they are joking, nothing can happen.
“We have become men of God before you became Governor.
“I am talking to the Kaduna Governor. Listen, I am not against sanitizing the state but if you say people should get license for preaching, it is not applicable in Nigeria.
“Even a herbalist does not get license for practicing herbalism. Why not tell witches that they need licence to fly?
“When you say license for preaching, you are standing against the Constitution that says freedom of worship. I have no problem, we can test powers now. There are certain laws that cannot happen in this country, not when Nigeria is under God.”
He asked the Governor to stay off his plan, “unless you want your cabinet to reduce; people may just sleep without waking up,” he added
http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/14/religious-bill-revoke-your-law-or-die-apostle-johnson-suleiman-dares-governor-el-rufai/
lalasticlala
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by emamos: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
It is well
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by aiyk02(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Boldness is defined as..... when it gets to FP you let me know
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by niceprof: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
Kaduna that is not even a moslem state.Whom the gods wants to kill,they first make deaf.
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Churches, mosques, herbalists, and religious movements should also start paying taxes. They make more money than most businesses in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by acenazt: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
Boldness shouldn't be stupidity. Oga Pastor quit being a bigot and support reality. Why would some people leave their houses and go to shout and scream and disturb the peace of the neighborhood with the guise of praying? When Jesus prayed on the mountain before judas' betrayal was he screaming? Even if he knew he was going to be betrayed,crusified,stabbed and mocked? Cant we all be like the Jehovah guys?? You never hear em shouting likes idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by ikanodia(m): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
l predict fp quote me
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by ikanodia(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
acenazt:
Boldness shouldn't be stupidity. Oga Pastor quit being a bigot and support reality. Why would some people leave their houses and go to shout and scream and disturb the peace of the neighborhood with the guise of praying? When Jesus prayed on the mountain before judas' betrayal was he screaming? Even if he knew he was going to be betrayed,crusified,stabbed and mocked? Cant we all be like the Jehovah guys?? You never hear em shouting likes idiots.
aboki have u taken fura de nunu today?
dullard

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by ClassCaptain(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Even if the Gov is wrong, who is the prophet to decide who lives or die?

Is he God ?

At least, the supposed law or ban is to apply to both muslims and christians. It is only when it is crystal clear upon implementation that one religion is being favoured above the other...then,the pastor can come forward in a more logical manner of consultation and other good ways to challenge such discrimination.

Untill then.....

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by acenazt: 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
ikanodia:
aboki have u taken fura de nunu today?
dullard
a dullard with more logic than you worthless Bigoted flat headed iPod.

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by acenazt: 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
niceprof:
Kaduna that is not even a moslem state.Whom the gods wants to kill,they first make deaf.
Oga kaduna doesn't belong to anyone. It's like the northern Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by Chanchit: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
With this move, its evidence el rufai is not aiming for anymore post in Nigeria after this current sit or perhaps a senator cos a Vp or President is out of it cos it shows clearly he has no religious tolerance.
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by Saifullah01: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
I will make comment when I read the bill, not with the misrepresentations our notorious media houses provide.

I remember when el-Rufai marked some churches in Abuja for demolition for not complying with approved building plan they accused him of islamisation, when he turned on mosques in Abuja they called him shaytaan (devil) and Friday sermons were delivered against him. But isn't Abuja better off today with his foresight.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by Opinedecandid(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
El-Rufai's time to 'change' from life to death is near.

Mbom ata mbom.
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by wadetaw202: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
This law is affecting both Christians and Muslims.

The way some churches and mosques use their noise to disturb public peace is disgusting and one wonders of this law shouldn't be passed all over Nigeria. Some of these churches and mosques have thrown caution to the wind and have turned to nothing other than public nuisance.
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by LadyExcellency: 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stealthideals24:
Churches, mosques, herbalists, and religious movements should also start paying taxes. They make more money than most businesses in Nigeria.

Do Nigeria Association of Witches pay tax?

Have you advocated for Occult groups to pay tax?

Any group involved in socialization (agents of socialization) are already contributing more than enough to the society hence the tax exemption.
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Do Nigeria Association of Witches pay tax?

Have you advocated for Occult groups to pay tax?

Any group involved in socialization (agents of socialization) are already contributing more than enough to the society hence the tax exemption.
Cooperative societies pay taxes. Anything that earns you money must attract taxes, going by the constitution of Nigeria. Gifts, donations, and the likes are to be taxed. I have access to Ondo state revenue laws. There you will see absurd things that must be taxed.

Association of witches sounds like association of tailors who normally don't pay taxes. But in a situation where a church asks members to contribute money, use it to buy private jets, universities, knowing full well that proceeds from such will not be shared by church members, should tell us that it is a business venture. Audio CDs and video CDs of sermons, books by 'anointed' men of God are sold at mouth-watering amount of money within the church premises, from where they realize millions of naira. During national conventions, sellers apply for permit to sell goods within the church premises through which they generate revenue.

You should have a rethink at what you support, Madam. I am a Christian, but that doesn't mean I should follow preachers sheepishly. I paid thousands of naira as tithes and offerings, only for preachers to gulp as salaries and emoluments, while my hustling continues.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by leofab(f): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Who made him the minister of information for heaven??

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by naijagobetter(m): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
considering all the happenings in this country, from BH to fulani sacking communities, introduction of shari'a and this bill in kaduna, there is a systematic silencing and cleansing of christians from the north, jihad they call it believe it or not tie shall tell soon other northern state will come up with their own version, we in the north know where the shoe pintches. Do you know what it takes to build a church up here in the north?
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by blithe2nice(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
I pity el-ru ....
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by funstufz: 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
Whether from Apostle Suleiman or any other Nigerian Pastors, I think this is NOT the time to keep silent.

These people have hidden agenda they are methodically executing....
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by vedaxcool(m): 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
They only know death and death preach about death
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by carinmom(f): 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fake apostle yarning rubbish undecided
Re: Revoke Your Law Or Die – Apostle Johnson Suleiman Dares Governor El-rufai by ogawisdom(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
Yawns

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Lost Confidence In Buhari - UK Parliament Paper / Aisha Buhari Shares Throwback APC 2015 Campaign Poster, See Nigerians Reactions / Choose The Best Combination For 2019 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.