Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives (24309 Views)

Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike / EFCC Arraigns Tompolo In Absentia / Pipeline Vandals Kill 10 DSS Operatives In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by mile12crises: 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
An Anambra State High Court presided over by Justice R.O Onunkwo on Thursday gave four officials of the Department of State Services in the state who were involved in a battery matter two months to appear before it or risk being sentenced in absentia.

The court order was coming following repeated absence of the DSS operatives in court on the issue.

Onunkwo said after the two-month grace, the security operatives would lose their rights of defence, adding that he would be left with no other option but to enter judgement in default against them.

The DSS officials had in April 2015 allegedly brutalised a businessman in the state, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye, and his wife, Jessie.

The court therefore ordered hearing notice on the DSS personnel for March 15, April 5th and 20th, as well as May 17th, 19th , 24th and 26th.

Justice Onukwe, said on the March 15 hearing, the DSS would be expected to cross examine the witness who gave his evidence-in-chief on the March 10 sitting.

The court had on 7 March summoned the DSS to appear before it on March 10, which the security outfit did not honour.

When the matter came up on Monday March 7, the counsel to the DSS, Mr. S.T. Oneh, had announced his discontinuance with the matter.

He said, “I used to appear for the respondents (DSS) in this matter. But the respondents have disengaged my professional service. I hereby notify the court that I no longer represent them.”

Oneh, who tendered a letter disengaging his services by the DSS to the court, argued that he would not want to force himself on his former clients.

But in the resumed hearing on Thursday, the DSS did not put up any appearance, a situation that caused the judge to give a leave of the court to the applicant’s lawyer, Prof Ilochi Okafor, SAN, to proceed with his motion to continue with the case in the absence of DSS.

Nwokoye and his wife were allegedly brutalised by the men of the DSS in the state where Nwokoye’s sight was affected.

Nwokoye, who narrated his ordeal in the hands of the DSS operatives, said, “I was handcuffed with my wife like common criminals.

“I have never seen such a thing all my life. The retina of my eyes has been damaged. I was humiliated for no offence committed.”

He alleged that he was brutalised because he refused to release information about 22 expatriate medical doctors invited by the Anambra State Government for free medical mission in the state, who were accommodated in his hotel.

It will be recalled that Nwokoye had dragged the DSS to court for allegedly infringing on his fundamental rights.

http://www.punchng.com/i-will-jail-you-in-absentia-court-warns-dss-operatives/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by mile12crises: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
Like PMB like DSS, no regard for our legal system but want to be obeyed...

gradually destroying our democracy.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by SouthernBreeze(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2016
DSS now a shadow of itself since June 2015

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by bonganee: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
DSS has risen significantly during this administration like, tells much about this administration

5 Likes

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Empress2014(f): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
undecided uniform men with their bullshit.....

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by BIGTinfotech: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Okay. Judge must have ben pissed cheesy
Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by princemillla(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Lol Dss are in for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by boboLIL(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Jail them

They are now tools using. In intimidating people ....efcc inclusively....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Originality007: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2016
cheesy
Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by snika: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
No regard for the rule of law like Fulani herdsmen and the chief fura de nunu in charge. Jail the maggots

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Ayoswit(f): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
9ja is gradually becoming a lawless state

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Adisa89(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
DSS are nothing but bingos in the hands of the Dullard

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by pallybrown(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
Please jail them

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by vinacy: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
Impunity and lawlessness everywhere. Nigeria is gradually becoming a jungle society. Buhari started this trend and it will eventually catch up with him.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
I need a job in abuja oo! angry

2 Likes

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by looseweight: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
DSS is becoming Nigeria police

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by swizzdre(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2016
Eyah
Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
DSS now a shadow of itself since June 2015

mile12crises:

The DSS officials had in [size=20pt]April 2015[/size] allegedly brutalised a businessman in the state, Chief Ifeanyichukwu Nwokoye, and his wife, Jessie.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Presbulg(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2016
They should be punished for their offenses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Kennitrust(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
grin dss and efcc, buhari bulldogs

2 Likes

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by blackpanda: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
mile12crises:

May God open your brain to read before commenting. The act complained of happened in April 2015, when the ineffectual buffoon reigned supreme!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by peacengine(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
grin lawlessness every where

1 Like

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
The burukutu sipping duara born DSS heads-man is creating a team of Assassin.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
Empress2014:
undecided uniform men with their bullshit.....

Who vexed you today?
Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2016
I KNOW THAT THE VICTIMS MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG OR THEY DONT WANT TO UNRAVEL SOMETHING FISHY. WHENEVER SOME INDIVIDUALS IN NIGERIA BECOME CHIEF THAT TITLE USUALLY STAGGER THEIR HEADS AND WHEN THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG YOU BEGIN TO HEAR I WILL DEAL WITH YOU OR I HAVE CONNECTIONS
Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 15, 2016
mile12crises:

I don't support PMB, but book space, go back to read then comment. Easy as those three steps

1 Like

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by blackpanda: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:
nawa...All of a sudden everywhere you turn DSS, EFCC and court cases. Where's project commissioning, skills initiatives and so on?

Anyway if the government won't be bothered about those, we at brilliantlightsmedia are and we are doing it in our little way here

How do u want to commission projects when Buhari's first budget is yet to be passed

I guess you guys are not as "brilliant" a "media" as u claim!

1 Like

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by bonechamberlain(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2016
gradually the courts are beginning to rise up and face this tyranny. buhari has turned the DSS into a gestapo police, behaving like touts and gods. angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives by MadCow1: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2016
Intresting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problems Facing Nigeria And The Solutions. / PDP Worried About Buhari Not Campaigning / Surrender Your States To Buhari, Akpabio Tells PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.