Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,484 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike (23910 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post / DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong / Wike Resisting Attempt To "Abduct" Judge By Security - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Osmondinho(m): 6:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Rivers State governor, Mr Nyesom Wike, has explained that his action on October 8, 2016, where he allegedly intervened in the midnight raid on the house of a judge, was not geared towards stopping the Depertment of State Services, DSS, from arresting the judge, but to ensure that the right process was followed.

The governor spoke, yesterday, at Government House, Port Harcourt, when he granted audience to the leadership of Non -Indigenes Without Borders, chaired by Mr Emeka Onowu.

He said: “We have a sad situation where everything is being done at the federal level to kill the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. However, in the end, it is their own political party that will die.”

He declared that the Federal Government was working relentlessly to kill the PDP.

He noted that in the long run, it was the party that controls the Federal Government that will die politically.
He stated that deliberate efforts by agents of the Federal Government to stagnate development in Rivers State will not succeed.

The governor expressed dissatisfaction with the repeated plots to rig the forthcoming re-run election in Rivers State. He noted that nobody would be allowed to steal the mandate of Rivers people, no matter the deployment of security agencies.

“They are repeatedly shifting the date of the re-run election, so that they can have a convenient time to rig. Nobody should be scared of their plan to use DSS and police to rig the re-run election.

“The policeman that is carrying gun, how many people can he kill? In Turkey where they resisted the Army, are they not human beings ? Nobody will circumvent the mandate of Rivers people,” Governor Wike said.

He said that as an opposition state, the people of Rivers State were aware that they will have battles for survival from those who control the federal level.

National Leader of the Non-Indigenes Without Borders, Onowu lauded Governor Wike for providing leadership that has helped to shape democracy in the country.

He commended the governor for being a detribalised governor who caters for all interests and ethnic groups.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/stopped-dss-operatives-arresting-judge-wike/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by awa(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2016
You do well Bros

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by FagsamPHP(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2016
I so much like this Governor, In this Nigeria, If you don't speak out against this Tyrant called Buhari, they won't respect you. Not every time polite sometimes, madness & Violence....

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Collenshy2020(m): 6:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Commando in Chief.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2016
Don't just speak,,,,,,,,,,,,,Speak Out Loud.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by 2el(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2016
You mean a federal high court judge is a PDP member...

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by progress69: 6:41am On Oct 19, 2016
PDP have started this trend of stopping security agents from carrying out their legitimate duties. First it was Wike, then Fayose, not surprisingly iPork yoots, and their wailing friends are hailing and praising them. Should the security agents start taking strict actions against them, they will be the first to shout witch hunt, or silencing the opposition. This will why i said Nigeria is not yet ripe for a state police. Imagine a sitting governor having the guts to obstructe the Police, Dss, or EFCC from carrying out their duties.

The samr clowns that were using fouls words for threatening banks, which was on course, are the ones hailing Fayose for threatening to shut down a bank's branch. Imagine that?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Pheals(f): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2016
All of them are stopping the Federal security operative it's well.

It seems best to me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Osmondinho(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2016
Let pmb continue bringing problem for himself. when coup take place, na him the army will kill not me

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by progress69: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2016
Osmondinho:
Let pmb continue bringing problem for himself. when coup take place, na him the army will kill not me

Na u wan carry out the coup?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by denziz: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by GoodofNaija: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2016
Osmondinho:

Yes you his enemies are many!

But his help cometh not from people like you (wailers), but from God.

If God is with the president, then who are you and your problems

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
x

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Samtoby(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2016
I was hoping to read his exact statement from the video interview because I'm still confused (picture was taken from it).

I listen to the interview and there is something I'm not sure of, "he claimed he was informed that there was a kidnapping in the area and when they go their, they meet the DDS trying to rail the judges house"..

I really don't get this cause I don't understand Y a Gov (who is suppose to be prevent from harm) will deliberately go to war front..

Anyways.. stopping the DSS seems right to some people, sadly you won't be there when the consequences comes to bite him in the butt.. Let's wait and see..

BYW, how is arresting a judge related to killing of PDP?? This statement itself is enough to use in arresting the judges..

11 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Really?
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by soberdrunk(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Is the judge a pdp member? Is the governor indirectly saying the people should resist armed security personnel? Are we in Turkey? Is he planning a Coup? So many questions from this interview angry

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Icecomrade: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Okay
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Noblesoul123: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Don't worry. Continue to rant & rave for people to clap for you. Nemesis will soon catch up with you & your commissioner of Police accomplice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by massinola(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
If the powers that be continue towing the route they have been towing in the name of the so called fight against corruption, they will end up destroying themselves at the end.
meanwhile, Bubu has repented

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by bcashy: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2016
FagsamPHP:
I so much like this Governor, In this Nigeria, If you don't speak out against this Tyrant called Buhari, they won't respect you. Not every time polite sometimes, madness & Violence....

I hope you will always be there for him

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by excellent2013(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2016
You get skeleton for your cupboard
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by MadCow1: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2016
Wike is a Crook

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by bcashy: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2016
Osmondinho:

No be only coup, na pouc!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by otukpo(f): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2016
When will this drama end?
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by Abbeyme: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2016
Thank your stars there's no misfiring of bullet
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by johnstar(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2016
Craze world
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by MadCow1: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2016
2el:
You mean a federal high court judge is a PDP member...

I was just about to say the same darn thing... grin
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by delerx(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2016
When u r ready to resist the dss and police make sure ur children are there to resist too. I no some retards in rivers are ready to waste their lives for nothing. All politicians here are rogues. For a better life visit www.tbsmedlink.com
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by emeka2847: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2016
Wike should just shut up and cover his face kawai
Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by MadCow1: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2016
PHC1stBorn:
INCOMPETENT Mr. WIKE, AN UNGRATEFUL HUMAN BEING, A DESPERATE THIEF AND SERIAL LIAR
The incumbent governor of Rivers State is grossly incompetent.
Amaechi this, Amaechi that!! Leave Amaechi alone and face the governance which you desperately grabbed on the altar of many innocent blood, against the blessing of then President and our leader of PDP, H.E GEJ.
Amaechi supported you to become Obio-Apko LGA Chairman;
Amaechi Appointed you as his campaign DG;
Amaechi as governor appointed you as his Chief of Staff;
Amaechi nominated you to become a minister;
Amaechi's only sin against you, is that he won't support your bloody ambition to succeed him, because that would be unfair to the people of other ethnic nationalities that makeup Rivers, being that you are his kinsman. This one of the area i agree with the former governor. Now that you grabbed the governorship position, using the then federal might, you have grossly failed in all areas of meaningful governance.
Wike has failed woefully in the area of health care. Abandoning the various health centers built in all twenty-three(23) LGA's by the immediate past government to dilapidate and now become dens for wild reptiles; while the academic & non-academic health workers are left without salaries for several months; ranging between 6-12months.
The good people of Rivers State would never forget so soon, how those health centers built by Rotimi Amaechi saved the life of many and provided healthcare for the average/poor citizens, which in most cases, was free for children and the aged people. Today, Wike abandoned these edifices to decay for no justifiable reason.
Wike has failed woefully in the area of education. The abolishment of "free education" from our public schools, remains one of the most uncharitable wicked actions of Wike against the Rivers people. The decision to introduce several arbitrary fees into public schools, was very unpopular and a thousand steps backwards. Wike has canceled and failed to fund educational scholarships since he assumed office. The present Rivers government as led by Wike, is getting to two(2) years in office, yet they've failed to construct/complete one(1) single school and has abandoned well over one hundred(100) schools, constructed by the last administration, which were all at various stages of completion.
Instead of this government to pursue the completion of these schools and provide enabling environment for basic education, they are busy chasing shadows and have also allowed the well over one-hundred and fifty functional model primary schools to decay, lacking adequate maintenance and upgrade. Teachers and non-academy(security staffs) of our public schools are been owed salaries for several months, resulting to incessant strikes and protests. The failure of Wike in the educational sector is monumental and heavily regrettable.
Wike has failed in the area of Agriculture. Nothing to show. Zero performance. Rather, the incumbent abandoned the huge banana plantation built by Amaechi and used his cronies to set same ablaze, sold off the fish farms and other agricultural infrastructures put in place by the past administration. The highly applauded and world standard resource generating agricultural establishment, RSSDA has been completely ripped apart and allowed to decay, with staffs of this once prided organization, allowed to remain moribund, with over one year of unpaid salaries.
Wike has failed in the Transport Sector. Another area with zero performance. The only achievement is the reintroduction of multifarious task-forces(touts), in replay of his days as Obio-Akpo LGA chairman. The gain is the daily harassment of innocent members of the public and the recent reintroduction of traffic lights, at a whooping contract cost of N6.5bn, secretly awarded to a company belonging to Felix Obuah.
Wike's government and tenure has remained a wild nightmare to Rivers indigenes and dwellers alike. Wike depicts insecurity!!
However, the Wike's recent claim, that Amaechi is behind the insecurity in Rivers state, is the biggest lie of this century and a dirty joke, hoping to score a cheap political mark, though not even his father, wife and children, will believe him or listen to that trash as excuse for the heightened insecurity in our dear state. However, it is incredible to hear this twist of story from a siting governor, who had always proclaimed that, the story of "Rivers insecurity" is a propaganda of the APC, being blown out of proportion and that Rivers State is peaceful, except for pockets of cult clashes.
So now, the insecurity, which the masses had been screaming is true?
Wike is loyally associated to all the infamous militants, criminals and cultists within Rivers State and Niger Delta. He is their greatest patron and source of inspiration as rightly alleged by governor Adams Oshomole recently and his erstwhile-friend, Ali Modu Sheriff.
Wike's romance with Ateke Tom, Dagogo Farah, Soboma Jackris, Solomon Ndebara, Martins Manna, Don Wani, Samuel Nwanosike and their likes, is the reason behind "Rivers of Insecurity".
The governors' recent claim, that Amaechi is behind "Rivers insecurity" is a big lie and a thrash. Such statement clearly depicts incompetence. He can no longer control the monsters he created. This simply means that he has failed in his primary responsibility as enshrined in the oath of office which he took.
In conclusion, Mr, Wike is a disastrous failure in government that will remain painfully indelible, in the minds of Rivers people for many years to come.
Wike is the worst governor of Rivers State ever".

In fairness to Wike, he has started working on the small inner city roads.

As much as I feel like it is a matter of the State Governor doing the job of a Local Government Chairman, it is still work nonetheless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike by darocha1: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2016
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy / Aftermath Of Tribunal Loss: What Atiku Should Do Now-KO / Anxiety Over APC In Edo As Oshiomhole, Obaseki’s Face-Off Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.