Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Customize Sms Site - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Customize Sms Site (5538 Views)

Bulk Sms Site For Sale / I Need Bulk Sms Site / How To Start A Bulk Sms Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customize Sms Site by OmniPotens(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2009
But Kin Uche, I think you should also be part of the shame because you are a Nigerian, no matter where you are based. Conclusions cannot be drawn here yet and it cannot. You have stated your own part of the story. We saw and read them all but where is Quadrillio (Wale)? He must have some say here. Drawing conclusions without his comments is as good as a judge giving a final verdict from his room without hearing from both parties.

Even if you are the developer of aratext, I guess you should work up your rankings on the search engine thing and get to #1 to cover up for this thread's ranking as #1.
Re: Customize Sms Site by alidami: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2009
any body watching until my last breath here, i missed the show, pls reply me asap.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2009
I have spent hours on this and i have go now.

Come on man, we are not kids. We know you won't "go now" cool

Good and I hope you stay away, never coming back until YOU HAVE THE FACTS.

You come into my and omni's house, disrespect us by accusing someone without proof, disrespect our guests, disrespect your fellow web developers (of which, by virtue of your blanket statement, you are one of them.  As they say, when you point one finger at someone, 4 are pointing back at you) and expect us to side with you? Impossicant!

Now, let me take off my moderator hat (I have been demoted before and don't mind being demoted again.  After all, I am not being paid and I stick to my principles, in case you think I will die of heart attack if I were demoted):

If you as much as dare respond again without facts, I will see to it that the username Kinguche is banned from this board.  If you try and come back again under another name, I will ban that too and keep banning till you get it.  I will also lock this thread so that no one can respond further.  If I had the rights, I would delete it altogether but alas, I can't.

If you have a lawyer and are being told to write what you write, get your money back cos you are getting bad legal advice.  Wale could even counter sue you for libel and false accusation.

Determine your next move(s) CAREFULLY.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by OmniPotens(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
Thanks for stressing the point too well.

@Kinguche
All we need here is a proof. What keywords did you say you googled again? I really need to get to my search engines and do some searches. Please can you also get "WALE" to come and save his name here? In fact, today, I'll practice LAW. There are so many people sitted and waiting. The councils are also present. But come to understand something here. There can never be a fair hearing when only one party speaks. Who is prosecuting who? Who is the Judge going to pass judgment on? You

I'll wait for your search keywords and what forum again are you listing mobile website at? I'm working on one now will like to get mine listed too  tongue or as you earlier said "shame to , developers". Man, you owe an apology to NIGERIAN DEVELOPERS on this. Serious one. Don't just leave that line the way you put it. Making us see another open path to a new scenario. YOU SAID YOU DID THE ARATEXT WEB RIGHT? ARE YOU A WEB DEVELOPER? MAY WE HAVE YOUR PORTFOLIO PLEASE? SO WHAT HAPPENS ABOUT THE SAME TO THE NIGERIAN DEVELOPERS, ARE YOU NOT ONE?

There are so many questions to ask but let me just not start talking now. All I need is Quadrillio's presence then I open my record books.

Waiting for the answers to the little questions asked above.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2009
as a vindication, let the court of nairaland note that kinguche has lost all credibility by doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do - "go now".

Is this guy worthy of the respect he is expecting? I will let you all be the judge
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2009
KINGUCHE19:

the post has been removed.

I was hoping that after this conference, i ll be able to link up young developers to group of international experts who have new technologies to offer and intended to work on some global projects.
but now i dont have the heart.

Its so saddening,

Bye to nairaland.

What's this?

I was hoping that after this conference, i ll be able to link up young developers to group of international experts who have new technologies to offer and intended to work on some global projects.
but now i dont have the heart.

I really don't like talking negativity but with some of the comments from this guy I think one may just have a rethink.

What new technologies? You don't hide technologies in cupboards. Anyone who is interested in keeping in touch with current trends in any technology would do so without issues.

Now to the accusation proper

quadrillio (m)
Nigeria

Re: Customize Sms Site
« #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Call me: 08077796668

Takia
Report to moderator Logged
I Promise myself to be the best

While this guy has refused to comment or refute the damaging accusations against him it is shocking to know that he indeed modified his post while these exchanges where going on.

Name: quadrillio
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: June 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
Last Active: Today at 11:01:15 AM

This is really sad and very unfortunate.
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2009
Yeah noticed that too. My issue with kinguche though isn't that wale is lying but his attitude. The art of communication is a skill very few have mastered.

He says he provided photos. I didn't see any. Also, merely typing stuff doesn't constitute proof, I personally can't and won't judge based on text. This needs to be settle face to face, in a court of law. Once the proceeds have been made public, they aer then presented here and thread is removed. either that or a lawyer writes Seun who then also has a chance to respond.

You don't just tell someone to do something without sufficient proof.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 1:08am On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 4:25am On Sep 01, 2009
king uche,

Again, thanks for the ad hominem attacks.  I don't deal in those.  Also, this isn't a thread for "do you know who I am or what I do (based on what you have shown, I your bark doesn't match your bite.  I could debate you on a thing or 2 regarding your approach to web dev, but again, this isn't what this thread is about)".  If you want, as I said earlier, launch such a thread and I just might contribute.  To me, it isn't about the calibre of clients I work for but how much money I make per client.  In other words, I would rather develop a site for a groundnut seller for 500K than for say, the NBA for 100K (not to say that is what you charged).

You seem to not understand where I am coming from - a legal stand point.  Coding a law site has nothing to do with knowing the law.  That's like saying that because I have done 2 sites for local politicians, that I know the ins and outs of local politics.  Wale as you have said has wronged you.  If it is indeed a fact, tis a pity it has happened.  All I am saying is that you need to provide more than what you posted earlier to state your case.  For instance, i would expect a good lawyer to immediately point out that though you are a woman, you have chosen to include 'king" as your username.  In other words, if you could deceive (and yes, it is a form of deceit) us by claiming something you are not, then why couldn't you as well accuse someone of something he is not? It doesn't mean you are guilty or that Wale is innocent but that you have dug a hole for yourself from a legal standpoint, a hole from which wale could legally (not morally or ethically) escape.

Let me expatiate my point of view (hopefully) better with an actual story:

There was a guy called John Adams, an American colonist born during the revolutionary era.  He was a lawyer.  At some point in his life, there was, in his neighborhood, an event called the boston massacre - british soldiers killed some colonists (I won't go into details to make the story short).  Adams was so principled and believed in equal justice for all that he defended those soldiers, contrary to public opinion.  In the end he won the case and won the soldiers their freedom.  As a result, he lost clients and made quite a few enemies as you might imagine.  Despite all this, he ended up being the first VP of the US and the 2nd President.

My point? I don't do or say things to make people happy.  I call a spade a spade and damn the consequences.  A forum like NL is full of faceless people.  Anyone can post anything.  Again, if you are wronged,have your lawyers contact Seun and post the details here.  I would even go as far as posting a scanned copy of an affidavit.  You don't just come in here, say what you want to say and expect us to believe you 100%.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 01, 2009
Young developers opportunities gone. . . .oma-se-o!

But seriously, i agree with both Afam and yawa-ti-de's all the way. As for qadri, well, i am not sure of what to say yet. *maybe he goofed*
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2009
@KINGUCHE19,

If you had taken time to read through the responses then you would have realized that no one ever supported the guy you accused. Every single post asked for either proof or for the guy to respond and many wondered why the guy refused to respond.

While I believe you may have been hurt and angry at that time I must also remind you that it is wrong to transfer aggression to others because that was what led you to begin to abuse Nigerian developers just because of what someone did. It is safer, easier and always better to address issues squarely so as not to give room for confusion or distraction that may end up watering down a good case.

I wish you well.
Re: Customize Sms Site by quadrillio(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
Thanks everyone,
I'll ve love to kip a sealed lips on dis issue but since it's making me look like a fool and a lier then I ve to clear out some part, I work for d company for a period of time but I've left, so they ask me not to post website, done under them as my portfolio so I decided to remove dem.

I don't want to stress more than dis cos, me and d person have resolve to a conclusion. so, it's like raising d dust if I elaborate more than dis.

I believe I made myself clear, (if u need more clearification YIM).

SAFE
Re: Customize Sms Site by quadrillio(m): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
KINGUCHE19:

"Also, merely typing stuff doesn't constitute proof, I personally can't and won't judge based on text. ",

What r u judging YAWA? WALE HAS DELETED THE POST AND YOU ARE BATTLING WITH THE AIR, SUIT YOUR SELF. AND BY THE WAY, IT MAY INTEREST YOU TO NOTE THAT I AM A CONSULTANT TO THE Nigerian Bar Association. We designed the website and directory of all lawyers in nigeria, www.nigerianbar.org , and also the women forum website, http://www.nbawomenforum.org/. With my tight schedule, i put up dat REdesign within 24 hours, even though am a nursing mother. you can mail the webmaster and i ll get it on my fone immediatelly. So pls drop the law thing.

I deleted it based on a conclusion. so let d sleep do lie, and forget d text in bold.

am waiting.

SAFE
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2009
quadrillo, thanks for stepping up to the plate. As I have stated numerous times on this thread, I am not for or against you, but for equality in justice.

As you said, the issue has been resolved and I want to believe that it has been resolved. It would be nice for King Uche to step and say same so as to bring this to a positive conclusion. Besides, based on what she said, we stand to gain from her vast experience and tools. We need to tap on the brains of the experienced ones amongst us so that in the end, we all learn something.

Let this be a lesson to you and to all out there - follow the rules of engagement in whatever you do.
Re: Customize Sms Site by quadrillio(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

quadrillo, thanks for stepping up to the plate. As I have stated numerous times on this thread, I am not for or against you, but for equality in justice.

As you said, the issue has been resolved and I want to believe that it has been resolved. It would be nice for King Uche to step and say same so as to bring this to a positive conclusion. Besides, based on what she said, we stand to gain from her vast experience and tools. We need to tap on the brains of the experienced ones amongst us so that in the end, we all learn something.

Let this be a lesson to you and to all out there - follow the rules of engagement in whatever you do.
as much as I respect your post, I'll like to emphasis the text in bold.

is it a crime to list a site develop while u were working for a firm?

does dat mean u are back to zero when u leave?

jus curious.

SAFE
Re: Customize Sms Site by quadrillio(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
i can't shout
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
OH NOT AT ALL. you r very free to list a site you work on, even if you did not do the entire stuff 100%. If you followed my post, i said Wale worked on www.seabayng.com and a dozen others, and i can defend those urls for him anywhere. cool ones he had worked. Am suprised he does not list others as well. BUT he never worked on aratext. Dats our most respected brand.

Good to be home.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
Oh dear, i wish i could really read all the posts. but this phrase "abuse Nigerian developers just because of what someone did" is a mis statement. When i said "its a shame on Nigerian Developers", I mean't, that attitude of people claiming to do the works of others is a shame to our profession. I am suprised at the interpretation its being given here.

And yes, i can say it over and over again; ITS A SHAME ON THE IT PROFESSION, FOR ANY ONE, WHOSOEVER, TO PROFESS HE DID A JOB THAT HE DID NOT EVEN CONTRIBUTE .00000001% To.

It is cruel and wrong, especially, a hard earned job. I have never had issues with wale quoting jobs, but for him, going around on the internet quoting he did aratext, its annoying cos he did not contribute anything to dat Job. I hope i made my point clear.

Cheers
Re: Customize Sms Site by biggjoe(m): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2009
It is true that Kinguche did not follow up her claims with enough facts to prove that she owns aratext but simply because we are more at home with quadrillio, many posters turned the heat on her, even though she made some general statement. Nobody will like that.

Now quadrillio has come out to 'clear the air' in all this but not very well to me.

Madam aratext has said that WALE has NO hands at all in aratext when she said:
KINGUCHE19:

OH NOT AT ALL. you r very free to list a site you work on, even if you did not do the entire stuff 100%. , BUT he never worked on aratext.
However WALE is insisting that
quadrillio:

They are both far from resolving this issue. Thats my own take.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
biggjoe:

It is true that Kinguche did not follow up her claims with enough facts to prove that she owns aratext but simply because we are more at home with quadrillio, many posters turned the heat on her, even though she made some general statement. Nobody will like that.

I will advice you stick to facts when you get involved in debates or disagreements.

Who is at home with quadrillio?

I focus on issues and not personalities.

I objected to the poster's choice of words and blanket condemnation of Nigerian developers, made it clear to here that thus far no one can take sides based on allegations of one person, wondered why quadrillio has not deemed it fit to respond and yet went ahead to prove that he changed his earlier post as at the time we were having these exchanges making it clear that he deliberately did not want to respond to the allegations as at that time.

So, what has siding anyone got to do with the facts above?
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2009
biggjoe:
I agree with you that they are far from resolving this but I will take exception, if you don't mind, to this statement you made above (focus on bolded portion):

I would rather you speak for yourself and for those you are absolutely sure speak this way.  I am not one of them.  Again, I am for equal justice for all.

quad:
I think at the end of the day, you will be the one who won't let sleeping dogs lie.

You said (focus on the bolded portion):
Thanks everyone,
                           I'll ve love to kip a sealed lips on dis issue but since it's making me look like a fool and a lier then I ve to clear out some part, I work for d company for a period of time but I've left, so they ask me not to post website, done under them as my portfolio so I decided to remove dem.

Based on that, why would you ask (again focus on bolded portion):
as much as I respect your post, I'll like to emphasis the text in bold.

does dat mean u are back to zero when u leave?

jus curious.

SAFE

(bolded) exhibit A implies that at least for kinguche, you were not to post any website you worked on while under her employ.  It is perfectly normal and within her rights for her to tell you to do that, especially if you signed an agreement form (usually called, "protection of intellectual property rights" agreement, or something to that effect).

I haven't eaten anything all day today so perhaps I am seeing double and consequently am wrong with respect to what I am reading.  If I am, I apologize.  If I am not, then I suggest we stick to your original suggestion, which is to let sleeping dogs lie, so as to avoid what you are doing now, IMHO: Digging yourself deeper into a hole you may not be able to rescue yourself from.
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2009
king:

speaking for myself, these links don't belong here. You can do this privately. Sure, the number of sites are impressive (and I stress number, nothing else) but there is no need doing this here. You know his email address (and maybe his YIM) and should do this privately.

It should be taken offline, IMHO.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Customize Sms Site by biggjoe(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2009
Im not trying to start anything at all. I respect you guys.
But tell me, would the posts have been the same if quad is fuming when someone else (perhaps one newcomer to NL) is claiming to have done what he did? I dont think the replies that followed would have been centered on him proving beyond doubts that he did it.
Its likely we will be asking the newcomer to bear the burden of proof instead.

Like I said b4, the heat was turned on her. She probably deserved it after her general comment but much attempt was not made to 'turn on some heat' on quadrillio too.

Like I said earlier, im not trying to start anything or side anyone. Its just that you cant contribute to any issue like this one without touching on the personalities involved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting Unlimited Instagram Followers For **free** / 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know / Where To Get PhpBB Forum Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.