Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Customize Sms Site - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Customize Sms Site (5537 Views)

Bulk Sms Site For Sale / I Need Bulk Sms Site / How To Start A Bulk Sms Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2009
bigjoe:
speaking for myself, it wouldn't have made a difference. Herein lies my comments above that you avoid making blanket statements. I guess I should have gone into law cool I have never had a conversation with quad, be it YIM, email or otherwise, other than official correspondence on this board.

king:
You never bothered to check it out to prove by calling or mailing OR EVEN checking out the "whois".

The burden of proof is on you, the plaintiff. I can't go by what you are saying, or what wale is saying for that matter, until I get more concrete proof. I will expatiate, or attempt to, by recalling a post on NL a few months ago:

Some girl in the US was doing some deal with a guy in finland which went sour. The result was that the guy posted photos of the girl, etc. Of course the girl retorted claiming it wasn't true. Naturally, people took sides and it didn't get resolved until the girl posted receipts to show that she took care of her end of the deal. Both parties actually got lawyers involved and those lawyers contacted Seun, if I am not mistaken.

A website can be changed at any time. Besides, again, you are the plaintiff so you come up with the proof. It might seem like we are jobless, posting every 5 minutes but speaking for myself, I am very busy. I use NL to cure either boredom or headache when I can't figure out a programmatic problem. If you thought the whois would be useful, do your own homework and post it here for us to see.

You and you only know ALL the facts to give Wale a guilty verdict so the burden of proof is on you, not us.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
@quadrillio,

A piece of advice to you.

If you want the right to list projects you worked on (as part of a team or single handedly) as part of your previous projects even when working under someone make that right known to the employer and make sure you defend what you are asking for.

If the employer says NO and you go ahead and list them after you may have left them then you are wrong.

If the employer says YES and you go ahead and list them after you may have left them then you are right.

On issues likes these there is no middle ground. Have issues like these sorted out before signing any contract. That is the only way you can prove anything if disagreements come up.

I only feel for quadrillio based on the comment he made about what becomes of someone's projects if he leaves a company and wondered if it then means the person will have to start from zero number of projects.

KINGUCHE19:

AFAM, YAWA TI DE, OMNIPOTENSE and others.

What other evidence do u need other that the once i gave? i gave u ENOUGH DETAILS to show my ownership of aratext. on the contact us page, you have
Contact Address
16 Ogunlana Drive
(Beside Digital Realities)
Surulere, Lagos State.
Land Lines:+234-1-8916779, 7359680
Mobile: 07055360218, 08035769455

You never bothered to check it out to prove by calling or mailing OR EVEN checking out the "whois".

I think we all, as a team should re consider our problem solving approach.

You may think its king uches problem or Mrs Alade's, but it may be  done toyou tomorrow.

Email:sms@aratext.com

So, I should have called the numbers to confirm you own the aratext.com?

Someone newly registers on a discussion forum, makes an allegation and points to a site as proof of ownership and I am expected to call the numbers or do a whois?

My dear, the username kinguche19 is what I would have checked out on the website and not the name you later provided as yours. Even if a call went through and a woman tells me she is kinguche19 I will hang up and treat the called party as scam.

If you visit my personal site at www.afamnnaji.com or any of my business websites at www.justwebservices.com or www.justalternativepower.com you will not need a magician to link any of the sites to me assuming there is a reason to prove to anyone that I own them.

biggjoe:

Im not trying to start anything at all. I respect you guys.
But tell me, would the posts have been the same if quad is fuming when someone else (perhaps one newcomer to NL) is claiming to have done what he did? I dont think the replies that followed would have been centered on him proving beyond doubts that he did it.
Its likely we will be asking the newcomer to bear the burden of proof instead.

Like I said b4, the heat was turned on her. She probably deserved it after her general comment but much attempt was not made to 'turn on some heat' on quadrillio too.

Like I said earlier, im not trying to start anything or side anyone. Its just that you cant contribute to any issue like this one without touching on the personalities involved.

The content in bold refers, this is a clear cut issue and not a matter of what you think or what is likely.

Stick to what happened please and stop trying to justify anything that you may have stated wrongly.

I don't owe either of the parties, I don't know either neither am I interested in protecting any.
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
I only feel for quadrillio based on the comment he made about what becomes of someone's projects if he leaves a company and wondered if it then means the person will have to start from zero number of projects.

Typically, from my experience, whatever you do while employed by someone else, is the intellectual property of the employer and such is specified in the contract signed by both parties. In other words, whatever you do for your employer, though you wrote it, belongs to the employer. This is why, at least for me, I maintain a back up of all code I think I may need in the future, on my computer at home. I would hate to be told by another employer to do the same thing and then I spend the time to do it again. Am I violating my employer's contract? I guess but to me, this is a grey area. I did the work and see no reason why I should do the same work twice. Having said that though, I won't go around bragging that I spent 1 hour doing what would have taken me 3 days because I had the code at home; neither do I go around telling people at work that I maintain a library of code based on work projects, at home.

Yes, it can be quite discouraging, especially when you spend time doing something novel, for you not to own it. I know how it feels. I have been there.
Re: Customize Sms Site by biggjoe(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
Afam:

The content in bold refers, this is a clear cut issue and not a matter of what you think or what is likely.

Stick to what happened please and stop trying to justify anything that you may have stated wrongly.

I don't owe either of the parties, I don't know either neither am I interested in protecting any.

I havent stated anything wrongly because I based my comments on a likely situations. Such situations can be right or wrong.
Unless your are talking of something else.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
biggjoe:

I havent stated anything wrongly because I based my comments on a likely situations. Such situations can be right or wrong.
Unless your are talking of something else.

You made an accusation and that accusation has been proven to be false because my position and comments proved you wrong. Rather than accept your mistake you are trying to justify it. This is the attitude of a typical Nigerian who would rather go to war, lie, defend anything than accept a simple mistake.

Only an insane mind would believe that someone who queried why the person being accused has not responded to the accusation and went ahead to prove that the person actually visited the forum, edited his earlier post while the exchanges were going on but refused to respond to the allegations would be seen as someone taking sides with the person being accused.

We have a huge problem as a people and it is even a bigger problem that we cannot find the courage to admit our mistakes when we make them.

Works like "think" and "likely" have no place when people are talking about facts especially when people are disagreeing on issues. Your personal opinion on anything cannot be a substitute for fact.
Re: Customize Sms Site by biggjoe(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
Afam,

It is now obvious that you took my earlier comments personal since you are now pointing out only your stance on the whole issue. It was never about you my brother. Infact your position on the issue was more balanced than others because you always wondered in your post where quad was to clear his name.
For reasons I cant get now you somehow believe I was attacking you.

I am not. So please quit the name calling. If I had said Afam 'is more at home with quadrillio' then I will understand why you are angry.

Your dislike for use of words like 'think' and 'likely' is not necessary here. EVen though i wonder whether you know that it is those words that lead to ground breaking discoveries especially when issues are being investigated. Again I never said that my comments are factual.

Im not fighting with you.
Re: Customize Sms Site by TechPros(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
never thought this will last this long. otito
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
yeah tech pros, 3 pages is pretty amazing. yet again, considering how dry the board has been lately, don't you find it even a little refreshing? tongue
Re: Customize Sms Site by TechPros(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
smiley really interesting, am sure a lot will also learn from this drama.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
********* Thread padlocked wid verisign **************
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hey guys, thanks for the comments; i ll pop in once in a while to read your posts. Got to attend to other stuffs.

Cheers
Re: Customize Sms Site by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hey, i will like to talk to you. Something completely unrelated to this thread. My yim is dhtmlplus if you wont mind.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 7:43am On Sep 02, 2009
biggjoe:

Afam,

It is now obvious that you took my earlier comments personal since you are now pointing out only your stance on the whole issue. It was never about you my brother. Infact your position on the issue was more balanced than others because you always wondered in your post where quad was to clear his name.
For reasons I cant get now you somehow believe I was attacking you.

When a group is accused and someone within the group believes he/she is innocent of the allegation or accusation it makes perfect sense for the person to state his/her case otherwise it will be wrongly assumed that every member of the group is guilty of whatever accusation.

So, I had to repeatedly point out my stand on the issue because I was not guilty of what you were accusing the members here of doing.
Re: Customize Sms Site by biggjoe(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2009
lets leave it all at that, ok.
2face will say: one love!
Re: Customize Sms Site by Afam(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2009
No wahala.

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Re: Customize Sms Site by OmniPotens(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
So long a story undecided

I don't think I'll like to let this thread end like this. Well, let me help it get a little more pregnant so it can give birth to more issues. The issues might help- who knows grin

Nigerian Developers, does it mean you are not aware of latest technologies or are these technologies hidden from the surface of the earth? Wait, may be a particular set of people know and use this technology and none other.

I'm curious to know about this please.
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
omni:

start a new thread for this so that we can keep this open on the issue at hand.

I will definitely chip in a kobo or 2.
Re: Customize Sms Site by remoranger(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
well, well, well. grin grin

THE NAIRALAND WARS ARE BACK AGAIN

I cant believe i missed the good stuffs grin grin grin

well, i respect too many pple in this board. so i wont join into the free for all fight. let me give you all a nice diversion grin

http://www.websitenigeria.com

you might be wondering what this is all about? its a website directory for all of us

PS: DONT TELL ME. I KNOW I AM LOOKING FOR CHEAP PUBLICITY AND TRAFFIC BUT I JUST CANT HELP IT grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Customize Sms Site by quadrillio(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
Thanks everyone, It's good to know that people around you care about what happen to u, most especially when it tarnishing one's image

YAWA-TI-DE, AFAM, BIGJOE, DHTML, in short everyone thanks for your love, I feel like I' ve a family here,

Thanks once again.

SAFE
Re: Customize Sms Site by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2009
Well, i do believe dere is something zat the king is hiding. King worked wit Wale, and now !king disclaims wale did zat site.
Well, everyone believe whatever you wish to believe. My mind is made up! I am outta here!
Re: Customize Sms Site by yawatide(f): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
he he quad:

As I said earlier, even if you committed murder, nobody can just waltz up in here and cause commotion without probable cause. I want to believe Nigeria still operates on the premise of innocent until proven guilty and equality under the law.

Hopefully this issue has been settled b/w the 2 of u once and for all.
Re: Customize Sms Site by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
Exactly.
Re: Customize Sms Site by KINGUCHE19: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting Unlimited Instagram Followers For **free** / 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know / Where To Get PhpBB Forum Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.