Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (92301 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by mikron(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Daninya11:
9ja will defeat Egypt in kaduna, then manage a draw in Egypt 5 days later

the eagles will put up an impressive display against Egypt in both legs.9ja will end up topping the group

Sia1 will be retained as super eagles coach and we shall experience a new dawn in 9ja futball.

9ja futball shall be awaken once again
thank u jare

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Egyptian senior team assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has named ten players on the Nigerian National team that are the most dangerous and that Egypt needs to coral if they are to stand a chance to win in both Kaduna and Alexandria.

Nigeria will host Egypt on March 25th in Kaduna and then play the second game at the Bourg Al Arab in Alexandria, on March the 29th.

Fayez speaking exclusively to supersport.com said that while there are many good players on the Super Eagles these were the most dangerous.

1. "Odion Ighalo of Watford is very good striker and we saw him score against Arsenal in the FA Cup.

2. "Alex Iwobi of Arsenal is just as slick. He is good friend of our player Mohamed ElNeny. In as much as he is young he is very good and we saw him play very well against against Barcelona and recently score against Everton".

3. "Then there is Victor Moses who has played for a variety of clubs and his experience will help the rather young Eagles team," Fayez said.

4. "Next is the quick Ahmed Musa who scores spectacular goals. We remember the two against Argentina in Brazil [below]and the spectacular one against the RSA in their friendly last year.

5. "Despite his size one cant overlook Moses Simon of Gent who is mesmerizing on and off the ball".

6. "Aron Samuel's physicality tends to give more defenders problems and he has a nose for the goal".

7. "I really dont need to say much about John Obi Mikel who just refuses to go away and keeps reinventing himself every season. He is as sold as a rock. "

9. "Then there is Amuno Omar of Othmanspor in Turkey who our scouts say is very dangerous."

10. Finally there is Fanendo Adi whom skill wise we would put shoulder to shoulder with Obafemi Martins when he was in the US. "

So as you can see Nigeria is no paper tiger but is a team blessed with talent. We will certainly have our hands full, but we are quite capable of doing our job. We know exactly what to do and at the end we shall be victorious and in Gabon in 2017." the gaffer ended.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Mediapace: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Am a Nigerian like you
mikron:
are u a ghanaian? why all this negativity?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by binhozie(m): 1:37am On Mar 21, 2016
robosky02:

Egyptian senior team assistant coach Mahmoud Fayez has named ten players on the Nigerian National team that are the most dangerous and that Egypt needs to coral if they are to stand a chance to win in both Kaduna and Alexandria.

Nigeria will host Egypt on March 25th in Kaduna and then play the second game at the Bourg Al Arab in Alexandria, on March the 29th.

Fayez speaking exclusively to supersport.com said that while there are many good players on the Super Eagles these were the most dangerous.

1. "Odion Ighalo of Watford is very good striker and we saw him score against Arsenal in the FA Cup.

2. "Alex Iwobi of Arsenal is just as slick. He is good friend of our player Mohamed ElNeny. In as much as he is young he is very good and we saw him play very well against against Barcelona and recently score against Everton".

3. "Then there is Victor Moses who has played for a variety of clubs and his experience will help the rather young Eagles team," Fayez said.

4. "Next is the quick Ahmed Musa who scores spectacular goals. We remember the two against Argentina in Brazil [below]and the spectacular one against the RSA in their friendly last year.

5. "Despite his size one cant overlook Moses Simon of Gent who is mesmerizing on and off the ball".

6. "Aron Samuel's physicality tends to give more defenders problems and he has a nose for the goal".

7. "I really dont need to say much about John Obi Mikel who just refuses to go away and keeps reinventing himself every season. He is as sold as a rock. "

9. "Then there is Amuno Omar of Othmanspor in Turkey who our scouts say is very dangerous."

10. Finally there is Fanendo Adi whom skill wise we would put shoulder to shoulder with Obafemi Martins when he was in the US. "

So as you can see Nigeria is no paper tiger but is a team blessed with talent. We will certainly have our hands full, but we are quite capable of doing our job. We know exactly what to do and at the end we shall be victorious and in Gabon in 2017." the gaffer ended.

if this man knows all this wahala dey oh he knows even up to Aminu umar. how much do our coaches know about the Egyptian team excluding the five foreign based players
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:42am On Mar 21, 2016
binhozie:

if this man knows all this wahala dey oh he knows even up to Aminu umar. how much do our coaches know about the Egyptian team excluding the five foreign based players
God help us

forget the whole world know our player
everybody watches EPL and see Mikel, Ighalo etc

so its a mind game leave them
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2016
as the count down hit fever pitch

only 6 local players are in camp left with Siasia

The lucky ones are

Chibuzor Okonkwo,
Etebo Oghenekaro,
Ikechukwu Ezenwa,
Ifeanyi Mathew ,
Mathew Etim and
Kalu Orji.

FOREIGN BASED EXPECTED

Goalkeepers: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England); Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal); Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France); Stanley Amuzie (Olhanense FC, Portugal); Godfrey Oboabona (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England); Azubuike Okechukwu (Yeni Matalyspor, Turkey)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Victor Moses (West Ham United, England); Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor FK, Turkey); Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England); Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers, USA)
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2016
The 6-homebased stars aren't the only ones in camp again. #smiles

Iwobi is already in. The first foreign-based to hit camp. He joined yesterday.

Aminu Umar and Azubuike Okechukwu were expected last night. So they should be in by now.

Mikel joins this morning.

Others to join in later today or latest, tuesday morning.

robosky02:
as the count down hit fever pitch

only 6 local players are in camp left with Siasia

The lucky ones are

Chibuzor Okonkwo,
Etebo Oghenekaro,
Ikechukwu Ezenwa,
Ifeanyi Mathew ,
Mathew Etim and
Kalu Orji.

FOREIGN BASED EXPECTED

Goalkeepers: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England); Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal); Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France); Stanley Amuzie (Olhanense FC, Portugal); Godfrey Oboabona (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England); Azubuike Okechukwu (Yeni Matalyspor, Turkey)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Victor Moses (West Ham United, England); Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor FK, Turkey); Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England); Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers, USA)

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
The 6-homebased stars aren't the only ones in camp again. #smiles

Iwobi is already in. The first foreign-based to hit camp. He joined yesterday.

Aminu Umar and Azubuike Okechukwu were expected last night. So they should be in by now.

Mikel joins this morning.

Others to join in later today or latest, tuesday morning.

ok lets go there...
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2016
Iwobi First Super Eagle In Camp For Pharaohs Clash

Arsenal teen star Alex Iwobi is the first Super Eagles player to arrive at the Bolton White Apartments in Abuja ahead of Friday’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Egypt, Completesportsnigeria.com can report.

Iwobi who has been in sparkling form for the Gunners in recent weeks scored his first English Premier League goal for Arsenal in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Everton.

Iwobi has made 14 appearances for the Gunners in his debut season for the club.

“@Arsenal star @alexiwobi is first foreign-based player to hit camp ahead #2017AFCON qualifiers vs Egypt.” a tweet on the official handle of the Nigerian Football Federation revealed.

The handle also revealed that two players from Turkey namely Azubuike Okechukwu and Godfrey Oboabona are expected in camp on Sunday.

“Two more @NGSuperEagles players from Turkey expected tonight to join @Arsenal star @alexiwobi in Camp.”
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
21/3/16
Chelsea’s John Mikel Obi and Watford forward Odion Ighalo have joined Super Eagles camp as the numbers of invited foreign based players increased to five as Monday morning ahead Friday’s Africa Nations qualifier against Egypt.

Aside Ighalo and Mikel, Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi, Turkey based Aminu Umar, Uniao da Madeira’s Abdullahi Shehu had arrived the Eagles’ nest in Abuja.

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by ExpoKingdom: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Good afternoon to you all my brothers and sister.... Please I have a question and I'll appreciate it if anyone could help me out..... I'm trying to see if anyone can tell me TV channels that's going to broadcast the match between Nigeria & Egypt either local TV..... Online streaming or international cable companies.... Thanks in advance guys....
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Good news, Leon Balogun will be fit to play next week Tuesday in Alexandria Egypt..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by yoged(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
ExpoKingdom:
Good afternoon to you all my brothers and sister.... Please I have a question and I'll appreciate it if anyone could help me out..... I'm trying to see if anyone can tell me TV channels that's going to broadcast the match between Nigeria & Egypt either local TV..... Online streaming or international cable companies.... Thanks in advance guys....
[color=#990000][/color]
local tv like Ait and Nta are local will show it . That's the one been played in Nigeria . Not sure about the away game in Egypt . While both away and home game will be on Select and supersport9 on gotv and Dstv
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by successinlife: 1:10am On Mar 22, 2016
9ja people.

Nigeria can defeat Egypt, Nigeria will not loose to Egypt in Nigeria.This game is a direct win for Nigeria.Egypt's attack is good no doubt, their problems will be in defense smiley.Nigeria attack will come good with combative midfield,naija headache will be in defrnse and goal but should the midfield remain combative and water tight in the last quarter ,that is the defense we will not suffer.Egypt should be marked out from distance,something like a triangular marking,Man on man should not be applied because we are not a mobile team,Nigeria team is not fast as well.Let Egypt do ball dressing and we collect it before any damage is done.Nigeria should be a goal or two goals up at half time.it looks like a 2-0 goal margin game.3-1,4-2 scoreline.Nigeria should win this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2016
ExpoKingdom:
[color=#990000][/color]
I presume gotv will be showing the games both in Nigeria and Egypt.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Chartey(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2016
Please who knows how I can get tickets for this match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by mikron(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Mediapace:
Am a Nigerian like you
and i asked u again, why all the negativity?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by HRich(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingofchess:
where do u base in Kaduna? this is my number 08065477536 u can whatsapp me...thanks
Hi. . . How you doing? Are you going to be in the game or not?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Rapwiz(m): 12:00am On Mar 23, 2016
krattoss:
EGYPT 3..NIGERIA 1.
HRich:
Hi. . . How you doing? Are you going to be in the game or not?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Rapwiz(m): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2016
Okay... Hope they will win
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by amagunnerfan: 4:47am On Mar 23, 2016
Mediapace:
I deliberately want this FTC to mock NFF!.

9ja football is going backward bros & sis not forward at all,don't think those new foreign coaches they want to hire will help our situation,the main fact you may not know is that most of those foreign coaches are basketball coaches or volleyball!

It isn't a curse,we can't beat egypt back to back,we rather luckily win one and loose one,egypt are not to be compared with any african countries!

Hope you remember lajaback or rodgerback anyone you call it,the man that coached us for 2010 worldcup
Keshi is far better than those wowo coaches posted earlier on.

This is one remedy i know of that can solve our situation:
The remedy is to improve our own local league
Bros and sis let me give you one fact,the like of rooney,terry,sterlin,lampard e.t.c. From England wouldn't have been known if not for their country!
Their is one law in England that says that at least 7-10 players from each e.p.l.Teams,if we adopt to that,don't you think we will rule the world?
The local league isn't really our problem. South Africa have a better organised league but where is their national team?

Scotland have a better league are they faring better than Nigeria?

The main problem we have is the Nigeria problem - win at all cost - this has been a big problem.

We do not try to understand the science behind football but go straight to it art. Football is both a science and a art.

We want to win without doing what others do to win. We want to win without giving the best players a chance but instead the most connected.

We want to win and we want it now. Count the number of times we have changed coaches from 2000 to date? Count the number of times we have had to undergo one rebuilding process to the other and you will find the real problem facing our football.

Aside that, the law establishing our football body doesn't make it easy as well. Our football body shouldn't be dependent on government in anyway but it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by amagunnerfan: 4:50am On Mar 23, 2016
Daninya11:
9ja will defeat Egypt in kaduna, then manage a draw in Egypt 5 days later

the eagles will put up an impressive display against Egypt in both legs.9ja will end up topping the group

Sia1 will be retained as super eagles coach and we shall experience a new dawn in 9ja futball.

9ja futball shall be awaken once again
Amen to this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Daniel2289(m): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2016
I keep my fingers crossed
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Chartey(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Na wa o. Who go tell me how I go fit get ticket na?
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by mokset123: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
The Nigerian vs Egypt match in Kaduna has been slated for 5pm naija time, no longer 4pm on friday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Mama Arsenal: Hassan Nasimot Amoke Awarded N250, 000 For Her Passion (Photos) / Kinsey Wolanski Invades Liverpool Vs Tottenham Champions League Final Game / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Hushpuppi: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.