Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention (15583 Views)

APC Calls For The Arrest Of APDA Leaders Over Stolen Logo / Saraki’s Trial: Kwara Monarchs Seek Buhari’s Intervention / Rivers Killings: Buhari Orders Security To Punish Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by sheettle(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
Omoku (Rivers) – Chief Segun Oni, the Acting National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) said on Monday that the party would appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to tackle the state of insecurity in Rivers.

Oni spoke during a visit by the National Working Committee of the party to Omoku, in Rivers, to commiserate with families of recent killings in the state.

He said the killings were “ a genocide against APC members in Rivers State.”

The acting national chairman said it was unfortunate that people were killed in barbaric manner.

“ I am surprised that this kind of thing is happening in Rivers State which indeed is part of Nigeria.

“It is strange that people will kill their fellow human beings, cut off their heads and take them away as if they were souvenirs,” he said.

The acting national chairman urged the Federal Government to do something urgently to save the situation.

“The Federal Government needs to do something quickly to save this situation, because it is a shame to allow a part of Nigeria to degenerate into this mess.

“The brutal killings of APC members in the state must stop; our people must not continue to die because they identified with a political party.” he said.

Dr Dakuku Peterside, governorship candidate of the party in the April 2015 election in the state, urged the Federal Government to beef up security in the state.

Peterside, who represented the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, called for adequate security during and after the forthcoming elections in the state.

He said in spite of the killings, “the APC is very prepared for the election; all we need now is security to give the electorate safety,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rivers-killings-apc-calls-for-president-buharis-intervention/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by jaymejate: 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Keep cool and check back. Oga don travel o

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by SouthernBreeze(m): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
From the ongoing it's glaring APC is afraid of election in Rivers. Suspend ur tears till Saturday cos there'll be another round of defeat, this time a big one cos the Wike I know doesn't show mercy @ the poll grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by dunkem21(m): 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
Please call the President on phone and stop disturbing us here ..
.. Shebi Minister dey around and even wan club

..Clowns undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by criminalmindz: 12:11am On Mar 15, 2016
when will apc talk about the killings by fulani hersdmen

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by tipwill(m): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2016
Chief Segun Oni! is he the same Oni that was former Ekiti State Governor that is already acting national Apc chairman ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Sijo01(f): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2016
How will he interven when he's never around cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2016
Hope the ones done by Fulani herdsmen in Agatu lga are not killings??

APC is another name for hypocrisy

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Critiqual(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Someone should mention one Nigerian state without insecurity, lemme just relocate already.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by MrNigeriaPMB: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2016

i pray d apc get their chance this weekend

im sick of dt man call wikeD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by bonganee: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Rivers dey hot this period walahi
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by sephryneyo(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Ok Baba dey come
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by AceRoyal: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2016
Bunch of hypocrites!
You guys will not call for presidential intervention over the fulani hardsmen killing spree.
You want to create so much tension in Rivers,so dat a state of emergency will be declared and u guys can now use federal might to rig your way in.Just because of Amaechi's and Wike's childish rift.
Putting the lives of innocent Nigerians in jeopardy.

Amaechi seem to be too desperate to prove a point and try to save his political career.
I don't think Wike is the antagonist here but Amaechi.

In as much as they try to color GEJ black,I respect him for this simple statement;
"My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian"-GEJ 2015.

Note- I'm nonpartisan

Modified- To all those APC attack dogs in the house quoting me,it's like you all have simple comprehension problem!
I stated the reason why I respect GEJ and you guys wanna turn it to something else.
Let's be logical and devoid of myopic political sentiments.

APC's strong show of hatred,hypocrisy and desperation without direction,wisdom and political maturity is only conversing positive political sentiments for PDP!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by MzMercie: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2016
Oga ooo, bloody politicians
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by wristbangle: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2016
I wish Nigerians can do away with APC and PDP.

Are they the only party?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by richidinho(m): 10:34am On Mar 15, 2016
"Peterside, who represented the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, called for adequate security during and after the forthcoming elections in the state"

i think say Amaechi no dey fear, y e no go there grin

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Monimatic(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2016
APC fools

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Ayima: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2016
A first class tout is the Governor so killings continues.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Socketbet: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2016
Unfortunately bubu has not finished going round the world

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by natureblack(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari knows zilch about national engagement in a democratic government.

It is also pertinent to note that the reaction of sane Nigerians,home or abroad has coalesced around the view that Buhari has no value for the lives of a "certain" region.

What is/are his actions on Agatu massacre?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by james2man: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2016
Send a message or make a call through to the Nigeria high commission in Guinea. Until then, your message will not get to Mr president.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Innodon(m): 10:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Oga is away from home now
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Has Amechi Changed tone already? or is APC and Amechi two different people?
After all the daring and lickingmouth, now they call for Buharis intervention.
What should buhari intervene on. The rigging out PDP so that APC could stop the killings or declare state of emergency in the state to pull down wike.
I don't get it.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Ladyisi1(f): 10:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Na WA ooo for all dis killing, becus of politics. Killing ur own broda
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 15, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
From the ongoing it's glaring APC is afraid of election in Rivers. Suspend ur tears till Saturday cos there'll be another round of defeat, this time a big one cos the Wike I know doesn't show mercy @ the poll grin
...son and fans of anarchy...
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by shamecurls(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2016
Rivers people who know Wike will tell you his administration is always about blood cos of his affiliations

I remember that year when he was Obio/Akpor L.G.A chairman.....Sigh.....A story that no one ever prays to remember...

The town turned red that year... and blood made it red

Compared to that tenure...the status quo is a rehearsal

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2016
What is this one saying
Omotolu:
...son and fans of anarchy...
Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by skare: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2016
So now una d call Buhari 2 come intervene?Why una neva callam make him intervene for Borno State.Yeye pipo

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by rawtouch: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2016
When he hasn't intervened in the NE

Whenever he decides to pick the call we go know

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Killings: APC Calls For President Buhari’s Intervention by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2016
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diezani's Bribe To INEC Staff : EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Order / Nigerian Army Rescue 54 Women And 95 Children From Boko Haram Custody / Anti-Open Grazing Laws: Police Mum Over Enforcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.