Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Is Nigeria A God Forsaken Country? (Read this) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A God Forsaken Country? (Read this) (585 Views)

A Big For Nothing Country!! - Read This / Africa Is Not A Country. Read Why / 54 Things That Will Amaze You About Nigeria As A Country - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A God Forsaken Country? (Read this) by NigerianJihad: 1:14am On Mar 15, 2016
Growing up, I've always heard on radio and watch on TV how some few people are enjoying the common wealth.

As an historian, I've read how past military government have lay claim on corruptuin to justify their thirst for power which yielded no result.

I've also believed that there will be a day when all our pain will be no more as being said by our religious leaders.

Hope raised when campaign are on and dashed as soon as the get into power.

The rot in the system it beyound what I can explain (police brutality, election malpractice, oppression by the military, oppression by the political class). obasanjo once said "only Jesus Christ can conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria" It was echoed when I was the REC during my NYSC days (believe it or not, we don't conduct elections in Nigeria)

I've never experienced what pipe borne water looks like since I was born.

I've lived to believe electricity supply is a privilege as it's only enjoyed 247 by the political class.

I grew up knowing police Officers to be evil and you must do anything to avoid them like a plague

My sister was robbed and she was made to pay 50k as "investigation fee"

A country where her youths will be online and offline defending politician who have mortgage their future under the guise of APC/PDP syndrome to the extent of killing themselves.

A country where someone will behead his brother cos he belong to a rival cult group who's vision and mission no one knows cos the have none!. (sometimes I wonder if we can channel this strength and anger to the political class, the country might be better off)

3 square meal is luxury and it is also a mirage to a number of people.

Cases of ritual killings will always be swept under the carpet cos of the calibre of people involved.

Jungle justice is the alternative form of justice which might be the best.

The government try to shy away from her responsibility of providing you with a good job and tells you to be self employed and some people will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Empowerment loan end up in personal pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria A God Forsaken Country? (Read this) by keally: 5:41am On Mar 15, 2016
NigerianJihad:
Growing up, I've always heard on radio and watch on TV how some few people are enjoying the common wealth.

As an historian, I've read how past military government have lay claim on corruptuin to justify their thirst for power which yielded no result.

I've also believed that there will be a day when all our pain will be no more as being said by our religious leaders.

Hope raised when campaign are on and dashed as soon as the get into power.

The rot in the system it beyound what I can explain (police brutality, election malpractice, oppression by the military, oppression by the political class). obasanjo once said "only Jesus Christ can conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria" It was echoed when I was the REC during my NYSC days (believe it or not, we don't conduct elections in Nigeria)

I've never experienced what pipe borne water looks like since I was born.

I've lived to believe electricity supply is a privilege as it's only enjoyed 247 by the political class.

I grew up knowing police Officers to be evil and you must do anything to avoid them like a plague

My sister was robbed and she was made to pay 50k as "investigation fee"

A country where her youths will be online and offline defending politician who have mortgage their future under the guise of APC/PDP syndrome to the extent of killing themselves.

A country where someone will behead his brother cos he belong to a rival cult group who's vision and mission no one knows cos the have none!. (sometimes I wonder if we can channel this strength and anger to the political class, the country might be better off)

3 square meal is luxury and it is also a mirage to a number of people.

Cases of ritual killings will always be swept under the carpet cos of the calibre of people involved.

Jungle justice is the alternative form of justice which might be the best.

The government try to shy away from her responsibility of providing you with a good job and tells you to be self employed and some people will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Empowerment loan end up in personal pocket.
. Well said but methinks you can rephrase the Title. Shallom. Ftc sha

(1) (Reply)

Minister Outlines Gains Of 2016 Budget / Buhari Robbing Poor Nigerians - David O. Kuranga / The Serious Cracks In APC Can Lead To Crisis - Timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.