Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin (54946 Views)

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
monex:

you guys keep making me laugh with the passion you devote to myth

Where is the myth?
Both Yorubas and Binis agree that Oranmiyan founded the current Oba dynasty in Benin.
Why cant we just stick with that?
Why are Binis trying hard to play smart by saying Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan? There lies the myth!
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
AWO TRIED AND FAILED

IMO, Awo made the mistake of giving you MidWest region.
Zik held on to his minorities in the eastern region. That was a better position to take.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Aizenosa(m): 12:35am On Mar 17, 2016
back2sender:

Because we are your fathers and very accomodating. We can speaking bini and Yoruba very fluently but can you speak bini fluently.

They can't dare to try else they will bite off their tongue.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Aizenosa(m): 12:48am On Mar 17, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

that is why there are different accounts. In all the history have read about there is nothing like he came from Benin.
1. Some said he comes from the sky. which I don't believe
2. Some account said he is from Mecca
3. The last account says Egypt.
I am saying nothing like Benin. The distortion of history from south was caused by their inability to write.

The bini's never wrote a book about it, it was orally passed down hence u never found it, but at least u can ask google what places can be found to the east of ife, it's only until recently u will even find the bini version of creation online
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:57am On Mar 17, 2016
Aizenosa:

The bini's never wrote a book about it, it was orally passed down hence u never found it, but at least u can ask google what places can be found to the east of ife, it's only until recently u will even find the bini version of creation online
Bro, anything oral, that isn't documented are always filled with errors.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Aizenosa(m): 1:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Bro, anything oral, that isn't documented are always filled with errors.

Have you read your history at all, why is it that yoruba's have like 5 different stories about their origin and binis have 1 but u can't believe the just 1. Who now seems to be more truthful. Anyway everyone has its beliefs and nothing is ever going to change it. I know mine and u know urs, cultures will always mingle.

But I don't see why you guys should jump into a thread that isn't for u.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by hensben(m): 1:39am On Mar 17, 2016
Aizenosa:

Have you read your history at all, why is it that yoruba's have like 5 different stories about their origin and binis have 1 but u can't believe the just 1. Who now seems to be more truthful. Anyway everyone has its beliefs and nothing is ever going to change it. I know mine and u know urs, cultures will always mingle.

But I don't see why you guys should jump into a thread that isn't for u.
exactly! Every bini Man you meet today have same story about izoduwa aka oduduwa but can same be said about Yoruba. 80% Yorubas believes he fell from the sky, 15 said he was Arab. I know their confusion, maybe when he was asked by IFE people who he was? He said he is the son of ogiso and ogiso means king of the sky in Bini.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by monex(m): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2016
VirginFinder:

Toyin? Bini name?
Modupe? Bini name?
What do they mean in Bini dialect?
Wonders shall never end!
i thought you meant the surnames. Of course anyone can take a firstname from another tribe.

who knows if one of the parents is yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Aizenosa(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
People borrow names when they go to dwell in the vicinity of another tribe or when they wed from another tribe, as a bini man my aunt is married to a Yoruba man all her children and grandchildren have bini names even if her children are married to Yoruba's.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by gentleheart1(f): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Aizenosa:

You shallow minded dimwit, i guess u were reffering to Yoruba historians that rely on Oral history.

Dont type trash about the great bini kingdom again ok, stick to your tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Aizenosa(m): 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
gentleheart1:

You shallow minded dimwit, i guess u were reffering to Yoruba historians that rely on Oral history.

Dont type trash about the great bini kingdom again ok, stick to your tribe.

Omoba, I am try to school this people insults will not do either of us good.

Back to the topic d true history as claimed by the binis is recently up and I have to give the compiler a big thumbs up because he highly explained everything in order leaving to stone unturned to show to the world why the bini kingdom has been referred and still referred to as great.

And u Yoruba's till u can explain like my brother who I have quoted rightly said why do u have so many versions abi are u people confused or are ur historians sleeping d painful thing is that dey can't point to one ancient fact that backs this their theory.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by odigbosky(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
dat day was lovely. I'm waiting 4 d coronatn patiently. It wil b a tin of joy to witnes d coronatn of the fada of all edos. We revere our king, datz y hs value will neva drop...the whole Edo bows to the crown prince. Lng live Edoland, lng live the throne.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
prettyprecy:

This is the funniest i have ever heard of, my dear what were yorubas speaking before oduduwa came to yorubaland. and those words are likely gotten from trade interactions with the hausas in the northern part of Nigeria.

I hope you've seen my PM? Pls reply. Thank you.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by itstpia8: 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Etinosajay:

From your comment, you're definitely not bini. If you are I will smh because you don't know history.

Only the binis who know their history know that when the Edaiken arrives his palace @ Uselu, that is sign for all and sundry to know that

Otor rio rue

In our tradition, it is forbidden to announce the demise of the oba. Not that there is consequences, but it is a norm not to word it.

So if you hear the crown prince has arrived the Edaiken Palace, you know what is to be.

Many history you folks don't know about another man's history and tradition. Instead of asking, you go about bandying hearsays or what appeals to you.

OK!
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
It's beastly not just minimal! embarassed
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Sewgon79(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2020
back2sender:

So you dont even know your history. So Oduduwa na arab man now.
When we say you people dont have a culture unaa go begin argue. Tomorrow una go claim sey Oduduwa naa from isreal

Odùduwà is not an Arab man, but according to my findings. There are aborigines living in that land called mecca before the Arab came to pursue or wage war on them. This cause them to desert their land to find a new part. This is common things that happened those days. That is most reason for cross migration.

Then history said Lamurudun who is the leader of his tribe migrate to a place now called ILẸ̀ IFE. According to my findings on his way coming from Middle East, some of his people who are tired settle in place like Nupe, Borgu and they are Ibariba people.

There have always been a kind of ethnic relationship between tapa and Yoruba. So Lamurudun died on the way, could not reach ILẸ̀ IFE with his people, but his son ODÙDUWÀ took his people to the promise land which is today called ILẸ̀ IFE. The Ancestry home of all Ọmọ Oodua.

So, the history even said that he met some settler in Ìfẹ́ and he introduced the kingship and kingdom administration which Yoruba are known for till today.

Odùduwà gave birth to Okanbi. And it is in history that the birth of Oranmiyan came through the mate of ODÙDUWÀ and his son Okanbi with same woman.

That is why it is believe that Oranmiyan is special and powerful, he left ilé ifẹ on special invitations of people of ILẸ̀ IBINU from Ogiso by asking Île ife to send his Prince to help structure the kingship and kingdom of Ado (Edo) . So Oranmiyan went to ilé Ado (Edo) but on getting, he found out that they were aggressive, some of the local chief disagree with the way he ruled them. Spying on him everywhere. He created the structure of kingship and became the first Ọba of Benin. He married one their chief daughter who gave birth to Eweka.

The rebellion within the ADO (EDO) people was too much, so Oranmiyan left everything to go back to ifẹ. So after some time the Ogiso came to beg for him to come back, he said he will not go back to ILẸ̀ IBINU (now known as ILẸ̀ BENIN) instead he asked they should crowned his SON (EWEKA) who is legit direct descendant of ODÙDUWÀ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / 5 Facts You Should Know About The Efik People / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.