Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin (54941 Views)

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Ubenedictus(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
imohchard:
This people Juju No be here...
Papa never even die o
he was crowned edaiken, he is not oba yet.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Is it Benin that have a well documented history.
All the ethnic group in southern Nigeria have distorted history because they were not literate compared to the North that are literate before the colonial era came due to Islamic education. Benin is as confused as other ethnic group in southern Nigeria.

The Only Education the north had and still has is the guidance given you guys by mohamed on how to kill, maim, steal and fu*ck. Nothing positive. There is a well documented fact about the Benin Kingdom, the westerners and the Easterners. Do a little research about FESTAC 77 and how Idia's head (the Queen mother of Oba Esigies) was used as the official Bronze Emblem for that Festival. That festival was an African festival with participants from all over Africa and even Asia, America and Europe. Why wasn't Queen Amina's head used. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
he is not oba yet, he is the ediaken of uselu and will remain so until his father goes to sleep.

Ogboni things....
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
nortcentrallord:

The Only Education the north had and still has is the guidance given you guys by mohamed on how to kill, maim, steal and fu*ck. Nothing positive. There is a well documented fact about the Benin Kingdom, the westerners and the Easterners. Do a little research about FESTAC 77 and how Idia's head (the Queen mother of Oba Esigies) was used as the official Bronze Emblem for that Festival. That festival was an African festival with participation from all over Africa and even Asia, Americ and Europe. Why wasn't Queen Amina's head used. Lol.
You are not well trained, see how stupid you are. Is your Queen Idia that witch as popular as Queen Amina or Moremi Ajansoro. Go to Unilag, OAU you see how hostels were name after the great Queens.
You said we steal and Bleep. The greatest armed robber in the history of Nigeria is Lawrence Anini a Benin man. The people with the highest rate of prostitution are Benin girls. I don't like to abuse but you have stepped on cobras tail.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Una never put this Benin/Yoruba debate to rest since yesterday?

Lol

Aunt bookie. Howdy?

Sometimes one gets carried away with arguments, discussions, on nairaland.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
he is not oba yet, he is the ediaken of uselu and will remain so until his father goes to sleep.

From your comment, you're definitely not bini. If you are I will smh because you don't know history.

Only the binis who know their history know that when the Edaiken arrives his palace @ Uselu, that is sign for all and sundry to know that

Otor rio rue

In our tradition, it is forbidden to announce the demise of the oba. Not that there is consequences, but it is a norm not to word it.

So if you hear the crown prince has arrived the Edaiken Palace, you know what is to be.

Many history you folks don't know about another man's history and tradition. Instead of asking, you go about bandying hearsays or what appeals to you.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are not well trained, see how stupid you are. Is your Queen Idia that witch as popular as Queen Amina or Moremi Ajansoro. Go to Unilag, OAU you see how hostels were name after the great Queens.
You said we steal and Bleep. The greatest armed robber in the history of Nigeria is Lawrence Anini a Benin man. The people with the highest rate of prostitution are Benin girls. I don't like to abuse but you have stepped on cobras tail.

Lol
Am talking about a festival that spanned across 3 continents and you mention Unilag. Hihihih, I thought you had brains. I didn't know u have wet toilet papers stocked in that empty head. grin

It's clear you don't even know the true Story of Anenih. Let me educate you abit if your brain can comprehend simple facts. Lol. Aninih only stole from the criminal elites and was very generous with such loots. He shared it among the poor not like some northern forever erect pen*is men who go about killing and fucking innocent folks just because some deluded junkie who was infected with some brain disorder called mohamed lived that way. When will you die and go to claim your virgins or don't you want an eternal erecti*ion? grin

As for the Benin girls, am sure they keep your dic*k HARD because that's the only thing northerners are thought by islam. Women are tools to you just like they were to mohamed till he got ended by a woman and eaten by a PIG. Hahahahha.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by bokohalal(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

FESTAC mask is Queen Idia. Beat that.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Ubenedictus(m): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
VirginFinder:
Binis keep denying their Yoruba ties.
Yet they wont stop bearing Yoruba names and practicing Ifa.
Many Binis understand and speak Yoruba as a second language.

The Binis cannot prove that Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan from Benin. There is no trace of Bini language/tradition in Ife till tomorrow . But we all agree that Oranmiyan founded the current Oba dynasty in Benin. Cant we all just stick with that?

Binis should have been integrated into the Yoruba tribe during the Western region era.No thanks to Awo
AWO TRIED AND FAILED
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by prettyprecy(f): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
VirginFinder:

Madam, some Yoruba words have Arabic origins. That's the evidence Oduduwa came from the middle east.

Adua - Arabic - Prayer
Adura - Yoruba - Prayer

El-Hadji - Arabic - Visitor
Alejo - Yoruba - Visitor

Barka - Arabic - Congrats
Barika - Yoruba - Congrats

And so on and so forth.

This is the funniest i have ever heard of, my dear what were yorubas speaking before oduduwa came to yorubaland. and those words are likely gotten from trade interactions with the hausas in the northern part of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Lol
Am talking about a festival that spanned across 3 continents and you mention Unilag. Hihihih, I thought you had brains. I didn't know u have wet toilet papers stocked in that empty head. grin

It's clear you don't even know the true Story of Anenih. Let me educate you abit if your brain can comprehend simple facts. Lol. Aninih only stole from the criminal elites and was very generous with such loots. He shared it among the poor not like some northern forever erect pen*is men who go about killing and fucking innocent folks just because some deluded junkie who was infected with some brain disorder called mohamed lived that way. When will you die and go to claim your virgins or don't you want an eternal erecti*ion? grin

As for the Benin girls, am sure they keep your dic*k HARD because that's the only thing northerners are thought by islam. Women are tools to you just like they were to mohamed till he got ended by a woman and eaten by a PIG. Hahahahha.
How has that helped your community?
Gutter talk. Since Festac 77, who knows about your F*cking queen Idia. Is than an achievement?
When it comes to traditional festival that pulls weight, talk about Osun festival, Eyo festival. These are the kind of festival that are popular. Festac 77 my foot.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
bokohalal:

FESTAC mask is Queen Idia. Beat that.
Haha... So Bini has something to proud off when we have Osun festival, Eyo festival and the Staff of Oranmiyan that attracts tourist year in year out. Keep living on past glory.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by tpiar: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

From your comment, you're definitely not bini. If you are I will smh because you don't know history.

Only the binis who know their history know that when the Edaiken arrives his palace @ Uselu, that is sign for all and sundry to know that

Otor rio rue

In our tradition, it is forbidden to announce the demise of the oba. Not that there is consequences, but it is a norm not to word it.

So if you hear the crown prince has arrived the Edaiken Palace, you know what is to be.

Many history you folks don't know about another man's history and tradition. Instead of asking, you go about bandying hearsays or what appeals to you.

Someone should have mentioned that before.

This did not apply during Ovomramwen's time though?
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
monex:

not expanded per say as they did not conquer the tribes between benin and lagos.

actually they did not conquer lagos per se but helped the inhabitants defeat the aworis hence the name eko (war camp). note that this was just lagos island epe axis and most of lagos was still under the control of the aworis.
IT expanded per se, oondo and ekiti were all paying tributes to bini
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by 4nobody4every1: 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Lol

He wants to find out the truth so am only directing him.
Hahaha, if he enter the hut, he wont come out alive, make him no try am oo grin grin
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by monex(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
VirginFinder:

Hardly will Binis bear children and not give them at least one Yoruba name. And of course, the names cannot have Bini meaning because they are Yoruba names lending credence to the fact that many Binis do understand Yoruba somehow.

Bini and Yoruba account are the same just that Binis claim Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan from Benin. Whereas, Oduduwa is from the middle east.
Go and look for your Ekaladerhan elsewhere.
Oduduwa is NOT Ekaladerhan!
you guys keep making me laugh with the passion you devote to myth
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by monex(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
VirginFinder:

TOYIN Aimakhu is history/myth?
MODUPE Ozolua is history/myth?
John Odigie OYEGUN is history/myth?

Yoruba accounts have not been disputed by the Binis.

The issue is that, Binis have decided to add to history by saying Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan from Benin so as not to be inferior to Yorubas.

There lies the problem.

Oduduwa came from the middle east. Yoruba language has words with arabic origins. That's the evidence.
those are bini names for your info.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
tpiar:

Someone should have mentioned that before.

This did not apply during Ovomramwen's time though?

It happened as well

Ovonramwen was exiled.

As he was removed from the throne, his son as well took the throne.

What you are witnessing is the tradition that culminates in the official coronation of the omo'noba nedo uku akpolokpolo
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by fritziebaby(f): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
otokx:

Heard he went on a brief journey; do you want to follow him?
. good reply
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by bokohalal(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Gutter talk. Since Festac 77, who knows about your F*cking queen Idia. Is than an achievement?
When it comes to traditional festival that pulls weight, talk about Osun festival, Eyo festival. These are the kind of festival that are popular. Festac 77 my foot.

Bro, do not change it. You mentioned Queen Amina and Moremi. With just the FESTAC MASK alone, Queen Idia is way more popular than any Queen in Nigerian history. Osun Festival is not a person.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
bokohalal:

Bro, do not change it. You mentioned Queen Amina and Moremi. With just the FESTAC MASK alone, Queen Idia is way more popular than any Queen in Nigerian history. Osun Festival is not a person.
Don't say that again. Who knows Queen Idia, Queen Amina and Moremi are far popular than your queen Idia.
The two Queens controlled kingdoms. Idia mask was just popular. I even Google her name the only information she had was about her mask that was even looted.
If we are to pick top Queens in Nigerian history Queen Idia can't get a draw
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by dumie(f): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
Oba ator... kpel..

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You sound like a broken record already grin

Your tears are close to dropping already. Lol.

History should have told you that Festac 77 was the single and largest Black Men convention ever. How could I 'v expected you to know that when you are just a hollow headed fool with no definite direction. Hihihihihihihihihihihihihih.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Hahaha, if he enter the hut, he wont come out alive, make him no try am oo grin grin

Lol, if enters he 'll see Oba Akenzua then he can ask Oba if he is still alive or if he traveled. grin
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by 4nobody4every1: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Lol, if enters he 'll see Oba Akenzua then he can ask Oba if he is still alive or if he traveled. grin
...Once he enters the hut, his earthly chapter is closed, the gods will swallow him alive grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
nortcentrallord:

You sound like a broken record already grin

Your tears are close to dropping already. Lol.

History should have told you that Festac 77 was the single and largest Black Men convention ever. How could I 'v expected you to know that when you are just a hollow headed fool with no definite direction. Hihihihihihihihihihihihihih.
You make laugh. Aside from Festac 77, whom knows your Queen Idia. Many people don't even know that are mask was used. Historians don't recognised her. Let me help you with the most powerful Queen in Africa.
http://answersafrica.com/5-powerful-african-queens-history.html
Is just like you bragging I was once a rich man who cares to know that. Queen Idia won't get a draw.
Have you even got her stolen mask back.
We they talk about Ethnic group shaking Nigeria and the world Benin self they shook head.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by bokohalal(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You make laugh. Aside from Festac 77, whom knows your Queen Idia. Many people don't even know that are mask was used. Historians don't recognised her. Let me help you with the most powerful Queen in Africa.
Is just like you bragging I was once a rich man who cares to know that. Queen Idia won't get a draw.
We they talk about Ethnic group shaking Nigeria and the world Benin self they shook head.

I know one important thing that you do not have. Such is life, bro.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
bokohalal:

I know one important thing that you do not have. Such is life, bro.
Haha.... When you get the mask from the back from the Britons you now have the right to talk.
Take care
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Hihihihihihihihi, construction of simple tense is even so big for you to handle. How then can you comprehend matters concerning history. They are called history because they are of the past not present. Well, in Latin it is said as "Nemo quad non habet" no one gives what he does not have. You have limited or no knowledge of history in general not to talk of the History of The Great Benin Kingdom. Please take a stroll to the Oba of Benin's palace and you will know if it's a happening kingdom or not.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nortcentrallord(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
4nobody4every1:
...Once he enters the hut, his earthly chapter is closed, the gods will swallow him alive grin grin

Lol.

Stubborn fly ends in one place.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
monex:

those are bini names for your info.

Toyin? Bini name?
Modupe? Bini name?
What do they mean in Bini dialect?
Wonders shall never end!
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
prettyprecy:

This is the funniest i have ever heard

I said SOME not ALL Yoruba words have arabic roots thereby lending credence to the fact that Oduduwa came from the middle east.

Those words I stated have arabic roots. It tells you that even the northerners came from the middle east.

And yes, Yorubas as a whole were expelled from the middle east as a result of their idolatrous nature which ran contrary to Islam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / 5 Facts You Should Know About The Efik People / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.