Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? (1347 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by provost: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hi good people,

My colleague just narrated a story that is life threatening. Please I need a matured advice.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oga Provost. wetin u dey hide for ur phone wey u nor want make dem see.
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by byvan03: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
If they can share their bodies, what is a phone? I don't know what you mean by checking, but yes you can access your partners phone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Acidosis(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
byvan03:
If they can share their bodies, what is a phone? I don't know what you mean by checking, but yes you can access your partners phone.
Simple and short.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by diva90: 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
Depends. Once in a while, yes! Everytime no! Give your partner some space, no one likes to be choked. I used to check my husbands phone but not anymore, he doesn't check mine either. We trust each other
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by diportivo: 11:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Playing detective with ur partner's fone is a no-no

As in,wetin u dey find??
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 16, 2016
No, it's not right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by WetSmoke: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2016
If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't have a problem with it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by teddybear007(f): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
WetSmoke:

Exactly, my point

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
WetSmoke:

If you feel your partner has something to hide, then you don't trust him / her, meaning you shouldn't be together.

A cheat will ALWAYS find a way to cheat. Pre-mobile phone era, there were serial cheats too, weren't there? At this rate, even after going through your spouse' phone, your satisfaction will be brief. You'd move onto going through your spouse' diary, emails, letters. Then you'll start hiding behind bushes at his / her place of work, making your self look ridiculous.

The day I catch my wife snooping through my phone, diary or hacking my email accounts, is the same day I will actively begin cheating, and I wouldn't hide it either, because if she can't trust me, we are done. I can't be with a spouse who is insecure, or can't trust me. Because I trust HER, and trust is reciprocal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
Siena:

If you feel your partner has something to hide, then you don't trust him / her, meaning you shouldn't be together.

A cheat will ALWAYS find a way to cheat. Pre-mobile phone era, there were serial cheats too, weren't there? At this rate, even after going through your spouse' phone, your satisfaction will be brief. You'd move onto going through your spouse' diary, emails, letters. Then you'll start hiding behind bushes at his / her place of work, making your self look ridiculous.

The day I catch my wife snooping through my phone, diary or hacking my email accounts, is the same day I will actively begin cheating, and I wouldn't hide it either, because if she can't trust me, we are done. I can't be with a spouse who is insecure, or can't trust me. Because I trust HER, and trust is reciprocal.

One thing about trust is that it does not eradicate cheating and infidelity. A man or a woman who earns all the trust anyone can ever get would still cheat if he/she wants to, whether the significant other snoops or not.
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by pet4ril(f): 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
Yes oooooo.. I will keep checking his phone over and over again as the spirit lead undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by ronald4lif(m): 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Checking his/her phone for what? Is it your phone? undecided
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by nnamdibig(m): 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
Phone is not worth the stress. She can have it all day if she wishes.
It will never be a problem to me that my partner checked my phone.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by imurboss: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2016
Yes, it's good to check it once in a while
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
imurboss:
Yes, it's good to check it once in a while

May I ask what exactly you're checking for, as in expecting to find?
Re: Is It Right For Spouse To Check His/her Partner's Phone? by WetSmoke: 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Snooping usually reflects a spouse's loss of trust. And that loss of trust is usually caused by red flags that should be addressed in a marriage.
Even if no affair is actually taking place, the snooping itself should not only be encouraged to help provide evidence that mistrust is unwarranted, but it should also trigger a serious effort by the suspected spouse to remove the red flag.

(1) (Reply)

Hit Or Miss: Checkout The Cake She Made For Someone's Daugther's Birthday.'s / Trying To Control Sex Urge, Man Wounds Himself. / I Have A Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.