Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) (15842 Views)

Uche Jombo Reacts To Divorce Rumour, Tells Bloggers "Leave My Family Alone" / Uche Jombo Reacts To Alleged Marital Crisis Rocking Her Home / Rita Dominic Joins Gender Equality Bill Protest - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by AlPeter: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This is just myopic and unfair!

Agreed, men and women may never quite be equal in the strict sense of the word,but voting against the bill is another issue entirely. Are they feeling intimidated by women and see this as an opportunity to restrict her?

Passing the bill into law would simply have put men and women on the same footing to chase their ambitions without any form of prejudice.

There should have been a referendum...sad
NO passing that bill WILL CREATE CHAOS.
Men and Women were never equals to begin with just like the negative and positive sides of an electrical connection are never the same. I've never been a support of sentimental bills being passed into law it limits the others. The Equality Bill itself creates an Inequality with it's existence. I will stop here
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by DPricey1(f): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
tidal:
Lol@Education your self.

I think say na only me see am grin
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Ifebazz(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Timbuktou:

Dont mind them. They cry as if they're the only ones who feel pain and discomfort. We have raised a generation of entitled women. Just yesterday, I heard they gt free nomination froms to contest in elections (i dont know how true o, but i wouldnt but surprised if it were so). There is a natural balance in life men get some privileges women get others. The problem problem problem women are being greedy and want what men get without sharing theirs grin That's slavery 101. All these mumu boys forming civilised na them I pity, by the time e clear for their eye e go dey too late.

The easiest test of the relevance of this bill is to compare yourself with any female contemporary of yours and see if you have any official advantage over because you're male.
Advantage over a woman because you're a man ke. Mostly its disadvantages men have over women. I really don't know what these Nigerian women are after sha. Coupled with the oversabi civilized young men who still think they have any edge over any Nigerian lady. It's funny because the labour market doesn't corroborate this agitation. Apart from menial jobs, women almost outnumber men in most parastatals. Take a sample of vehicles on Lagos roads, apart from the commercial buses, women drive more exotic cars than men. How do they come by it, gender equality? Abegi... undecided
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
dfav:
Its against Islamic law.. and since the North prefer Islamic law to secular law...

Dont expect that bill to be passed. ..

ode must you link everything to islam? dint you read where a senator quoted bible to speak against it
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
dfav:
Its against Islamic law.. and since the North prefer Islamic law to secular law...

ode must you link everything to islam? dint you read the part where a senator quoted bible to speak against it?
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by franklingud(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
all these yeye girls wey no get brain want to be equal to men, imagine. well it started from the creator so go and tell him
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by neocortex: 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Charly68:
What is gender equality self,stupid nonsense from Oyinbo imported into Africa system in the name of human rights..Men are never equal with women or else let women become the brea winners henceforth and see how comfortable they will become in playing this role.. It is an aberration to bring White culture into Africa society . God bless the national Assembly members

Are you a christian or muslim ?
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by johnson232: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
JewelRegi:
When u educate a woman u educate a nation
senseless rubbish!!!
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by onoja12: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
and when you educate a man,who are you educating

JewelRegi:
When u educate a woman u educate a nation
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Afroconnect: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Gender equality is against the law of God,it clearly instructs in the bible that the woman must be submissive to the man.

F-ck gender equality-these dumb bit-ches.
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by ubah84(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
where is the tweeter senator
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Chommieblaq(f): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
ojuolu:

The bill is question goes beyond these things mentioned above. The truth is Religion and culture are good but the world is evolving. You can imagine cultural practices borne out of limited information, technology and economic resources realities still thriving in the 21st centuries or wrong selfish interpretation of the holy books by religion bigots to satisfy their personal egotistic tendencies still being observed in ignorance or in other bid to maintain the status.
Let me paint a scenario. A man marries a woman, the woman ideally (as it is now) the man general manager, chief Accountant, Minister for Home affairs, Publicity director, Welfare officer, cook, laundry man, baby factory, sex mate, child care giver etc. While performing all these role as spelt out by culture and religion, the man is free to earn salary and invest in property in his name but the woman cannot in most cases because she does not have the economic power to do so. The man passes on, the property left behind become a source of tussle between the woman and the man family simply because she is a woman. And you get hear statement like"our son/brother/uncle/ laboured for those things" without a recourse to the co-creator of such wealth- the wife. The woman and her children suddenly become homeless, beggars and no live at the mercy of the man's relatives. Woe betide the woman if her children, their children, happen to be female all through. Please i am not saying these traditional roles should be neglected or abandoned by women, no. They have better capacity to do much more. Let the society recognizes this capacity and allow an average woman to choose her path given the same opportunities that is available to the male counterpart
How many women have economic power and rights compare to their male counterpart? I have seen cases where a man did not allow his woman to work, or do anything meaningful because she is a woman, even when she is more trained and more qualified than the husband.
Society will thrive and develop when it ensure gender equality and balance in the economic power and opportunities that are available to both sexes.
Tanx for enlightening me, buh I don't think Nigeria law supports, these things has to do with religion n tradition, most especially tradition. Nigerians are traditional ppl, even if the Senate pass this bill, u will still see some ppl that treat a widow in that manner. The best thing to do is create awareness, that can be done in all level in the society be it at church, mosque, social club etc, let ppl to (especially couples ) to know the need of doing things together, and integrating their immediate family (wife n children) into every thing they do, the need for immediate family to come first, and for extended to know their boundary. And also women empowerment, to support women etc
The above problem u mentioned is everywhere, even in the western world, extended family going to court with the immediate family because of properties, buh when we say gender equality, it sounds as if we are been denied of certain right in the society.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Education don cause wahala 4 dis life!!!! see as we just dey westernize our culture... shocked shocked Very soon Oyibo go tell us say dem want color unification and we go accept am and bleach our skin or do one mumu machine wash to please dem.. grin grin Man be d head a symbol of authority Bible talk am so let's stop these stupid copy copy thin jooor.....

Before you quote me go tell your papa say your mama get de same level of right under him roof. and thank me lata
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Misterdhee1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
dfav:

Tell us more, how many Female leaders were reported in the Bible during Early Christianity Struggles? How many disciples were Females? And quote where in your own Biblical Version, where God Pronounced Men and Women As Being Equal?? Sometimes don't throw in issues that are too broad for you to Clarify.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crystabel Ekeh Posing For A Shoot / Funke Adesiyan: If You Dm Me To Beg For Money I Will Curse You / Kehinde Bankole In Green Native Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.