Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 (5129 Views)

Review And Unboxing Of Zealot 'Sparkle' B570 Headphones / An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2016
So I got this phone and like most people, I wasn't able to wait till I get home so I opened the package in a hurry and I found these things ;

(i) the phone
(ii) plastic case
(iii) screen protector
(iv) 2.0a/5.2v charger + a USB cable
(v) head phone (not the best quality sha and I intend quitting the use of these things so it doesn't matter to me)
(vi) user manual

It is important to note that the packaging of this phone is not very eye catching. Very simple and small carton. Some photos are coming up shortly.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:01am On Mar 16, 2016
NOTE: all photos are taken with the same phones 8mp rear camera
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2016
[b] NETWORK:Technology GSM / HSPA
Announced : 2015, February
Released 2015, April

BODY
Dimensions: 140 x 71.4 x 10 mm (5.51 x 2.81 x 0.39 in)
Weight: 160 g (5.64 oz)
SIM :Dual SIM (Mini-SIM/ Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)

DISPLAY
Type: IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~68.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch: Yes, up to 5 fingers

PLATFORM
OS: Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v5.0.2 (Lollipop)
Chipset: Mediatek MT6582
CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU: Mali-400MP2

MEMORY
Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal: 8 GB, 1 GB RAM

CAMERA
Primary: 8 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash
Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR
Video: Yes
Secondary: 2 MP

SOUND
Alert types: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker :Yes
3.5mm jack: Yes

COMMS
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
Bluetooth :v4.0, A2DP
GPS : Yes, with A-GPS
Radio: FM radio
USB : microUSB v2.0, USB On-The-Go

FEATURES
Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser: HTML5
Java: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer

BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Stand-by: Up to 768 h (2G) / Up to 804 h (3G)
Talk time: Up to 35 h (2G) / Up to 17 h (3G) [/b]
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Above there are the specifications of the the phone from GSM arena (although a little bit modified by me)
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2016
Pack

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Charger, USB cable, and head phone.
I already applied the screen protector so you guys are not getting a picture of that

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Rear and front view of Lenovo A5000

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by OjayDavido(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2016
ha much and whr did u get it
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2016
OjayDavido:
ha much and whr did u get it

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Three screenshots coming up. One from about phone the second and third from CPU Z.

It is also important again to note that the phone comes pre installed with Android version 4.4.2 kitkat. Before installing any application, I upgraded via OTA
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Enjoy

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 8:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Antutu, camera samples and others coming later. You can also drop all questions or observations here. I'll give a reply to all by evening. Have a nice day people
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by xwebyna(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Here are my questions, bro, since you have upgraded to the latest update (Lollipop).

1. Have you noticed any bug/problem so far?

2. How's the battery life with Lollipop OS?

3. Is OTG working with the device?

Thanks as I anticipate your answers.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
xwebyna:
Here are my questions, bro, since you have upgraded to the latest update (Lollipop).

1. Have you noticed any bug/problem so far?

2. How's the battery life with Lollipop OS?

3. Is OTG working with the device?

Thanks as I anticipate your answers.

Answers
1: No bug yet.
2: Battery life on lollipop is decent because I've been using it since morning on 3G all through ; streaming, downloading etc and I'm left with 20% right now
3: OTG, not tested yet but you'll get a reply soon

2 Likes

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
Antutu

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Buchika: 6:50am On Mar 17, 2016
Op I just bought same phone , I went for the phone due to it's 4000mah battery, was loving it at first with it's preinstalled KitKat but immediately I upgraded to lollipop it lost it's sweetness, it hangs like mad, the worst is I can't see the numbers I am inputting in the ussd prompts ,and I make a lot of use of ussd. I don't know if it's just my own or general a5000 problem. Is ur ussd inputs showing @ op? or how are you getting across the problem.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by xwebyna(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Buchika:
Op I just bought same phone , I went for the phone due to it's 4000mah battery, was loving it at first with it's preinstalled KitKat but immediately I upgraded to lollipop it lost it's sweetness, it hangs like mad, the worst is I can't see the numbers I am inputting in the ussd prompts ,and I make a lot of use of ussd. I don't know if it's just my own or general a5000 problem. Is ur ussd inputs showing @ op? or how are you getting across the problem.
Was your phone rooted before upgrading?
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2016
Buchika:

I am not having ussd issues. Check this screenshot

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2016
xwebyna:

I don't think upgrade would have been possible with root
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2016
Buchika:

did you upgrade via ota? If no, then try and upgrade to the latest firmware (i.e S124_151118_8G_ROW)
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Babanhajiya(m): 11:52am On Mar 17, 2016
I have ordered one last week Friday still waiting for the delivery in Jos, hoping to update it to lollipop as soon as it arrives but I see someone here complaining.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by xwebyna(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
dukeo:

I don't think upgrade would have been possible with root

Yes, upgrade is definitely possible with/without root.

The thing is that those with root privilege who upgrade to Lollipop will encounter so many bugs.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Babanhajiya(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
Does it have 3G on both Sim? I mean before you upgrade to lollipop

1 Like

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
xwebyna:

Yes, upgrade is definitely possible with/without root.

The thing is that those with root privilege who upgrade to Lollipop will encounter so many bugs.

I didn't know that
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
Babanhajiya:
I have ordered one last week Friday still waiting for the delivery in Jos, hoping to update it to lollipop as soon as it arrives but I see someone here complaining.

If you have next feelings, you might just stick to kitkat or flash custom lollipop. I'm planning to flash CM12.1 or MIUI soon that is after I roll back to KK because those roms are KK based so I'll update you
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by dukeo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
Babanhajiya:
Does it have 3G on both Sim? I mean before you upgrade to lollipop

No , just sim 1
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Buchika: 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
xwebyna:

no I did not root it before upgrading
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Buchika: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
dukeo:

I am not having ussd issues. Check this screenshot
that's the first ussd u input , I have no problem with the first ussd, the problem begins when there is subsequent prompts example : dial *123# then next prompt to select ur desired plan, you ll not see what you are typing in the prompts dialogue box , check the screen shot s

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Babanhajiya(m): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
dukeo:

If you have next feelings, you might just stick to kitkat or flash custom lollipop. I'm planning to flash CM12.1 or MIUI soon that is after I roll back to KK because those roms are KK based so I'll update you
OK thanks but I think CM 12 should be a lollipop rom.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Kamaye(m): 8:07am On Mar 18, 2016
Babanhajiya:
The best thing to do I think is root first, install TWRP recovery then backup your stock kitkat rom, since the phone is very popular worldwide I'm sure you will find a lot of lollipop custom roms, find the one that suits you and flash, if there is any bug found or you just want your kitkat back you can easily restore through TWRP recovery.
Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by Babanhajiya(m): 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Kamaye:
The best thing to do I think is root first, install TWRP recovery then backup your stock kitkat rom, since the phone is very popular worldwide I'm sure you will find a lot of lollipop custom roms, find the one that suits you and flash, if there is any bug found or you just want your kitkat back you can easily restore through TWRP recovery.
thanks, will surely try it, meanwhile I have just received my phone today, it 16.5k. I ordered it for 15k plus delivery charge of 1.5k when they are selling on promo price last week.

Re: Review And Unboxing Of Lenovo A5000 by LMohd(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Babanhajiya:
thanks, will surely try it, meanwhile I have just received my phone today, it 16.5k. I ordered it for 15k plus delivery charge of 1.5k when they are selling on promo price last week.
is the promo still on pls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update / Tecno C9 Or Tecno W5 / Is True The Tecno Spark Plus K9 Has 4G LTE?? And What Is The Real Processor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.