Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Was There Really A Gender Equality.let's Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was There Really A Gender Equality.let's Debate (504 Views)

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? / Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was There Really A Gender Equality.let's Debate by carlinks: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2016
I would like someone to educate me on the content of the Gender Equality bill that was voted down by the senate.Was there ever a bill or law that made Nigerian Males superior to Nigerian Females?

lately,women hold better jobs than men and even earn more money.No law discriminates against a female getting an education or stops her from topping her class.She can vote and be voted for. So,what gender equality are we talking about?

I personally think males are even the marginalized specie cos women seem to have everything their way.We have Mothers' days,Women's day and not until lately before we had Fathers' day. She expects you to provide for the family,foot the bills,protect her and equally help out domestically.She gets angry,lashes out at you and you shouldn't talk back hence you'll be called a sissy.She hits you and you're supposed to take it like a man but you cant hit her back else you're named a savage woman beater.

In situations where the woman is the aggressor,the man still takes the blame and he's asked questions 'why didn't you walk away,why didn't you calm her down,what did you do to annoy her?'

A woman can ruin a man's life by claiming rape even if she wasn't and watch the guy's life go down the drain( i've witnessed 3 instances personally) but let a man claim he was raped by a woman and everybody laughs about it and tell him 'you are a lucky man'

bring up a conversation about a lady footing the bills once in a while on a date or taking her guy shopping and see the response you'd get from acclaimed 'feminist' here on nairaland

So,educate me,was there ever really an equality? Let's debate rationally
Re: Was There Really A Gender Equality.let's Debate by LordIsaac(m): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2016
There is nothing like gender equality. There is the head(leader) and the follower and one who must submit to the head. This is divine. Fighting it is fighting nature and divinity. So, I guess genders complement not equate. The fact that I help my parents does not make me equal to them. Period!
Re: Was There Really A Gender Equality.let's Debate by thesicilian: 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
If you ask me it is the women who are even at an advantage in this world. The only thing the men have going for them is the brains - yes, a lot of women have fish brains, no offence intended & no apologies - and sheer physical strength.
In almost all other instances the women are clearly over - favoured:

- They can use their sexuality to get what ever they want
- They have a whole field of medicine allocated to them only - obstetrics & gynecology, yet still share other fields like surgery, internal medicine with men
- They are expected to sit back in the office or at home while the men undertake high risk jobs
- they even have their own radio station in nigeria
- the man is expected to work hard and make it big while the goal of the woman is simply to 'hook up' such a man
- she misbehaves and provokes the husband to anger, then calls the police to come pick him up
- God help you if you're being interviewed for the same position with a sexy lady!

(1) (Reply)

Sen Buruji Kashamu Donates N2.5million For Kidney Transplant Of Patient. Photos / Copy Of Kaduna Religion Bill / Change! NURTW Unique Election In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.