Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Why Does God Keep Silent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Keep Silent? (3623 Views)

done / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? / It Is Becoming Difficult To Keep Silent In A World Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Keep Silent? by asanga(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2005
It may interest you to know that God may not answer your prayers or send help to you,because you are a sinner but what also amazes me is that he does almost the same to believers he does as he pleases the bomb blast in London some months ago is still fresh in our memories where people woke up having great expectations only to be short lived by a terrorist @ least God was there why did it happen?

The recent plane crash in Nigeria is another case study where God should have proved himself but 117 people died just like that @ least God helped so many people in the Bible why not now may be God is coming soon or maybe he allows it to happen to teach people lessons but I still ask why does God keep silent? especially in times like these when we need him most a friend told me nothing happens without his approval but what do you really think.

A pastor should please say something in the forum to encourage we younger ones.

asanga himself.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by WesleyanA(f): 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2005
christians will say :

the bad things happened because he wants to punish sinners (innocent people) or punish London or because "the next hitler" was on the plane and he didn't want him ot survive.

if people had survived on the plane, christians will say:

it's because God is a merciful God and he didnt want to kill people or want anyone to die.

:shakes head:
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by adesodgi(m): 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2005
well neva mind,i hope u are not mad with miya?
why does God keep silent shee?
i believe his giving every one a chance to change ways and turn to him for good...
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 2:56am On Nov 13, 2005
Going to churches and mosques doesn't make you sinless. A babalawo or an animist might not be as sinful as either a christian or Muslim.

The Bellview plane mishap was due to poor maintenance. So if it was obvious that the airline did not adequately maintain its aircraft, still, God ought to stop the accident from happening? If a car doesn't have a (good) brake and it ends up in a ditch, killing the occupants [whether they all go to church/mosque or not], is the good God (or the driver/owner that didn't care to repair his car) to blame? Don't blame God -- blame the poor maintenance.

About the Britain's station bombings: the youngsters were unhappy because the British Blair has become a lackey of the American Bush -- it was all geopolitical in nature! Both governments' illegal presence in Iraq didn't help the matter either! God had nothing to do with it.

Remember that God has given each and every one of us a FREE WILL! That's why we can decide if something is good or bad.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by WesleyanA(f): 3:36am On Nov 13, 2005
That's what i'm talking about. people need to start using logic and their brains to think about things.

the airplane accident happened as a result of poor maintanance (you know how Nigerian is cool) not because of G0D.

why do we have to blame misfortunes on the supernatural.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by exu(m): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2005
i'd like to point out that bellview has suffered only one plane crash is 15 years...

plane crashes happen all the time, all over the world due to misfortune, or a slight miscalculation, not because of 'how nigeria is'....

other than that i agree with wesleyana's first comments/observations...
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by fabian(f): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2005
God is silent because he cannot involve Himself in everything that happens. Life's not clockwork, you know.
And not all christians will say
WesleyanA:

christians will say :
the bad things happened because he wants to punish sinners (innocent people) or punish London or because "the next hitler" was on the plane and he didn't want him ot survive.
if people had survived on the plane, christians will say:
it's because God is a merciful God and he didnt want to kill people or want anyone to die.
:shakes head:
That's too general a statement.
If God wanted people to die anyway He chose, what was the purpose of creation? I mean do you think He thinks its fun? We all have our lives, and God has given us free will to do as we please!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2005
WesleyanA:

That's what i'm talking about. people need to start using logic and their brains to think about things.

the airplane accident happened as a result of poor maintanance (you know how Nigerian is cool) not because of G0D.

why do we have to blame misfortunes on the supernatural.

Pls i'm lost . logic bout wat. From wat u r saying guess u don't believe in d supernatural. Well sorry to burst ur bubble,i believe in God well and in da supernatural. I've experienced things that d human eye can not see. To d bellview crash, fine human error has a part to play but God allowed it happen for a purpose. That plane has flown constantly for years but why that sunday.

Certainly God can not involve himself in everything as fab said, cos how r we to learn. U can't say we don't have trials and tribulations? But d trials and tribulations strenghten u and makes us better persons in achieving greater things.

Ajisafe:

Going to churches and mosques doesn't make you sinless. A babalawo or an animist might not be as sinful as either a christian or Muslim.
in life.

See how can u compare a babalawo? He is no better than the devil. For one to be considered a real christian cos i am, u must be a follower of Christ so pls no comparison. Pls we r of a diff generation , a chosen priesthood.I guess u mean those that go to church or mosques for the purpose of so doing. And as i said above God can't be involved in all of Nigerias problems. If u don't know God is our saving grace in dat country. Considering the numerous and constant attrocities rampant in dat country. I'm surprised pple r still alive sef. But God is all merciful.

But till all Nigerians accept Jesus as Lord and saviour before alot of things will start falling into place.

Why shd God protect persons that fail to acknowledge his existence or even presence. It is written in da bible only those who call on Him can say "He's their rock and protection, their fortress" and those will He answer

So pls take note.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by WesleyanA(f): 1:21am On Nov 16, 2005
prettyH, the original poster's asking us to state our opinion as to why God keeps silent.
he didn't say to argue who's opinion is the right or wrong.

i still hold my words  cool
poor maintanance and what not caused the plane crash. It had nothing to do with God.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 5:03am On Nov 16, 2005
Why should God protect persons that fail to acknowledge his existence or even presence

@prettyH, there were better Christians than you in that doomed aircraft.

See how can u compare a babalawo? He is no better than the devil. For one to be considered a real christian because i am, u must be a follower of Christ so please no comparison

I repeat, a babalawo that is not as religiously biased as yourself can enter paradise before you. And that is if you will enter paradise at all!

But till all Nigerians accept Jesus as Lord and saviour before alot of things will start falling into place.

You're wrong!!!!!! Na lie, you can not force anybody into your religion!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2005
God is not SILENT smiley
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2005
@ ajisafe
agreeably there r better christians than me who died on the plane cos ma aunt did. 4 ur info i ain't religiously biased. can't compare a babalawo to a christian. Stand ma ground. certainly no one can be forced into religion but remember whatever u reap , u'll sow.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by exu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2005
certainly no one can be forced into religion but remember whatever u reap , u'll sow.

does that mean that i'll go to paradise/heaven for living the according to the most basic of human laws; that one should only do to others what they wish to be done unto them, but not accepting old myths as the truths...whilst a roman catholic priest who abused 100s of children, believed in, and advertised, the teachings of the church will go to hell?
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 1:40am On Nov 17, 2005
can't compare a babalawo to a christian

@prettyH, why not? Even though he worships idols and inanimate objects, a babalawo is far removed from being a hypocrite!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 3:18am On Nov 17, 2005
why shd he be one. As long as u pay his fee, he'll sort u out. Infact whats this bout hypocrite
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 3:28am On Nov 17, 2005
Infact whats this bout hypocrite

Just think about it.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 3:29am On Nov 17, 2005
bout what

bro nothing to think bout
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 3:31am On Nov 17, 2005
There you go! In fact, it's equally hypocritical to say there's nothing to think about.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 3:42am On Nov 17, 2005
no it isn't
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 3:45am On Nov 17, 2005
OK, you won!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 3:56am On Nov 17, 2005
You wished!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 3:57am On Nov 17, 2005
hahahaaaaaaaaaaa, i ain't backing down
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 4:08am On Nov 17, 2005
OK, give me your reasons why you thought babalawos are not comparable to christians.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2005
I'm still waiting!!!!!!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 3:51am On Nov 18, 2005
I guess, you're out of gas!
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by adesodgi(m): 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2005
i dont tfink she's out of gas i tfink she's out of points cheesy
but wa o,how can u compare a babalawo with a christian,anywayz thou shall not judge...
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by kewe(f): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2005
maybe He wants us to pray the more
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by goodguy(m): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2005
I really don't know why we have to question God's ways of doing things. He chooses to save anybody, anyhow it pleases HIM. And talking of the bellview plane crash, I don't think anyone in here should be talking of someone being a better Christian than the other. As I always said and as I will continue to say, GOD DOES THINGS HIS OWN WAY FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANKIND. Even JESUS CHRIST, a man who never knew sin, had to die in a very terrible way, alongsides with armed robbers; for our own sake. WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION GOD??
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2005
You're welcome, Goodguy.

@Adesoji, Thou Shalt Not Judge, was exactly my point. We can not judge a babalawo's suitability or right to enter paradise. Babalawo is not a religion -- it's simply a professional career. There are babalawos who are Christian; also, there are babalawos who are Muslim. Babalawos and oniseguns are our own doctors and pharmacists in Yorubaland. They are not evil! People go to the orthodox doctors for abortion, plastic surgeries, liposuction, facial and other reconstructive surgeries, genital corrective surgeries, transgender surgeries ( I call these playing God), and other ungodly reasons like they go to babalawos for anything. Have we ever called the orthodox doctors evil? (My uncle is a thoracic surgeon, and he's not evil, so isn't any babalawos out there). Those of you who are Yoruba should not forget that before our forefathers were kicked out of the Arabian peninsular they were idol worshippers! Lamurudu (Nimrod) was the chief priest of the idolaters as at the time of the Exodus out of Arabia; he later gave birth to Oduduwa, who was the founder of the Yoruba.
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by goodguy(m): 12:38am On Nov 19, 2005
Ajisafe:

Lamurudu (Nimrod) was the chief priest of the idolaters as at the time of the Exodus out of Arabia; he later gave birth to Oduduwa, who was the founder of the Yoruba.
I was there in those days. I actually helped in delivering ODUDUWA.. grin grin
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by Ajisafe: 12:45am On Nov 19, 2005
Ha! Baba o! Ki e pe fun wa o. Agba ko nii tan l'orile. (Ase)
Re: Why Does God Keep Silent? by prettyH(f): 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2005
Ajisafe:

You're welcome, Goodguy.

@Adesoji, Thou Shalt Not Judge, was exactly my point. We can not judge a babalawo's suitability or right to enter paradise. Babalawo is not a religion -- it's simply a professional career. There are babalawos who are Christian; also, there are babalawos who are Muslim. Babalawos and oniseguns are our own doctors and pharmacists in Yorubaland. They are not evil! People go to the orthodox doctors for abortion, plastic surgeries, liposuction, facial and other reconstructive surgeries, genital corrective surgeries, transgender surgeries ( I call these playing God), and other ungodly reasons like they go to babalawos for anything. Have we ever called the orthodox doctors evil? (My uncle is a thoracic surgeon, and he's not evil, so isn't any babalawos out there). Those of you who are Yoruba should not forget that before our forefathers were kicked out of the Arabian peninsular they were idol worshippers! Lamurudu (Nimrod) was the chief priest of the idolaters as at the time of the Exodus out of Arabia; he later gave birth to Oduduwa, who was the founder of the Yoruba.

u know what ur case is sad cos ur defence is so lame. what does a doctor av to do with a babalawo.so i guess u think a babalawo is the same as a doctor. or they perform the same function.imagine an educated brother.yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee

infact define a babalawo cos the way i view them certainly defers from urs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Blackman Is A Muslim. It Stands True. Blackman long history. / What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? / Where Does The Devil Get His Power From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.