Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity (1348 Views)

Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Christianity in my experience is a farce. İt is an excuse for people to forego the use of their brains and critical reasoning to trust in someone up there to reason for them.
İ see many examples of them on TV and in normal life everyday. İt's pathetic. A young man proselytizing from morning to night. Won't you go to work? How will you take care of your family? Even Jesus whom you evangelise worked with his hands as a carpenter. They now do the gospel work more than the saviour Jesus Christ.
Now,what İ have described above is just one person's behaviour. İ don't think İ have a problem with God per se. İ only have a problem with the people that practise it. They are hypocrites. How do you explain the pervasive level of corruption,wickedness and greed in this supposedly 'godly' nation? İ hate religion because it encourages people to forego the use of their brains and think with their anus. They say it's faith. There are too many stories of ridiculousness people do in the name of religion. What we need is not more churches,what we need is education.
İ expect the prayer warriors to come of the woodworks now. Fire away İ tell you.
İ only have one question to ask you: Did you read your bible today? Don't lie.Remember God is watching you.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Peritus(m): 4:41am On Mar 17, 2016
You've actually said nothing, so I don't see how to reply you other than saying the obvious, and neither do I have reason to bash u. Plz can u stop taking drugs on another man's sickness. How on earth does Christianity encourage laziness? Seeing someone ministering the word of God from morning till night shouldn't be ur concern since he neither steals from you nor the national coffers, and neither does his family complain of not being cared for.
You should know that devil has his seed everywhere (even in churches), so no amount of churches can stamp out corruption. Devil himself has floated a lot of churches to fight the true Gospel, so a lot are there who are not Christians as they made u understand.
Finally, once you start looking at people as ur basis for worshipping God, then you ain't ready at all. It's a personal race,,,garrit?

12 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Pheals(f): 5:22am On Mar 17, 2016
Op! U wrote rubbish up there! All the excuse u are trying to give.. . Make me feel Like " u are back from aro or yaba left

3 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Pheals:
Op! U wrote rubbish up there! All the excuse u are trying to give.. . Make me feel Like " u are back from aro or yaba left

İts just my opinion. Am İ not allowed to express myself?
as for the yaba left comment,lol
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Ayoemrys(m): 5:47am On Mar 17, 2016
whats ur fvcking point bro? cus i see no point
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by matrix199(m): 6:02am On Mar 17, 2016
The truth is, 99% of people practising christianity are deceiving themselves. So many experiences have made me realise there are virtually no true christians. There's a neighbour who prays at least 5hrs in the morning, 4am to 9am, every damn day, as in, he prays everyday for 5hrs nonstop, and seems to hail and boast about Bishop Oyedepo, how he's so power to take any man's life if the man errs. At first I was amazed the man, in his 60s, can pray that long consistently, but after 1yr of nonstop prayers, I realised the man was mildly running mad. The day I got the shocker was a day he had a misunderstanding with his wife, he beat her up blue black, and threatened to kill her. He had a misunderstanding with a neighbour, and he started his Bishop Oyedepo boasting, that he'll kill the neighbour in 7days.

I'm telling you, true christianity is your act, and not in your tongue. It's not by what you pray, how you pray, when you pray, how well you attend church, and so all. Your act, your intelligence, you sense of understanding, and your discern justify you as a true christian.

Africa is the most religious continent. We pray, praise, and worship the most High. We're said to be the light of the world, yet Africa is the darkest continent on earth. Think about it.

5 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by boboLIL(m): 6:10am On Mar 17, 2016
Confused being.... Are u worshipping people or God? Upcoming atheist..
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by skyoboy(m): 6:10am On Mar 17, 2016
I taught he had something reasonable to write self, Ode! You need sense.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by DickDastardly(m): 6:17am On Mar 17, 2016
The responses above so far typifies what formed the Op's stance. We all know most churches are now business centers and that they are no more than mere human snake charming centers (the congregation are the snakes here) . But hypocrisy wont let us agree.
He even went further to ask "have you read the bible today". And the supposed christians are up there bashing him like PDP & APC paid goons defending their principal rather than comming up with superior spiritual arguement.
Truth be told, me thinks christ has left majority of the churchs. And the only way left to locate him is via constant bible study and not the regular visit to the snake charmers were the likes of the snakes up here are always at the unspiritual mercy of the majority end time snake charmer's whims and caprices.
No matter what the majority Greedy, materialistic and self serving pastors of nowadays does to pull down christ, the words of God in the holy bible does a billion times to counter, though only for those who genuinely seek the kingdom of God and his pure unadulterated abiding love. And not for faithless hypocritical snakes in the church looking for one earthly favour or the other from the obvious wealth seeking snake charming con pastors!

Apostle Dastardly cool

1 Like

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Marinza(m): 6:58am On Mar 17, 2016
Religion is somewhat dicey, anything you say to criticize is somehow gonna get you a clap back.
Yes we know there are frauds, yes we know most so called Christians are fooling themselves.

But basically what I have learnt from experience is to do your own thing, stop looking at humans for comparison.

Even some pastors once u analyze them u tend to see their flaws. Worship God to the best of your capability and look at no man for aknowlodgement.

1 Like

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by ayoku777(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2016
redwriter:
Christianity in my experience is a farce. İt is an excuse for people to forego the use of their brains and critical reasoning to trust in someone up there to reason for them.
İ see many examples of them on TV and in normal life everyday. İt's pathetic. A young man proselytizing from morning to night. Won't you go to work? How will you take care of your family? Even Jesus whom you evangelise worked with his hands as a carpenter. They now do the gospel work more than the saviour Jesus Christ.
Now,what İ have described above is just one person's behaviour. İ don't think İ have a problem with God per se. İ only have a problem with the people that practise it. They are hypocrites. How do you explain the pervasive level of corruption,wickedness and greed in this supposedly 'godly' nation? İ hate religion because it encourages people to forego the use of their brains and think with their anus. They say it's faith. There are too many stories of ridiculousness people do in the name of religion. What we need is not more churches,what we need is education.
İ expect the prayer warriors to come of the woodworks now. Fire away İ tell you.
İ only have one question to ask you: Did you read your bible today? Don't lie.Remember God is watching you.

Why will you give up on christianity or on Jesus because of how others serve him? Are you a follwer of men or a follower of Christ.

If others choose to be hypocrites, why should that affect your faith in Jesus? Are you following them or Jesus?

If today my mentor backslides and becomes an adulterer, I will fall on my face and interceed for him and pray for his restoration. It won't make me lose my own faith in Jesus or say christianity is a farce.

If other people's carnality and hypocrisy is what determines your opinion of christianity, then it means you never had a personal relationship with Jesus, you knew him through character and lifestyle of others.

You should get to a point in your walk with God, where you know Jesus for yourself, and the carnality of others only makes you interceed for them in love, not affect your own faith.

You asked a question that you should have directed at yourself first, "Did you read your bible today"?

If you've read your bible, you would know that since the days of the early church, there has been carnal and ignorant brethren in the family of God and body of Christ, and that has not changed.

If you're a true believer, other people's carnality should not make you lose your faith in Jesus or in christianity but rather move you to intercession for the house of God.

Shalom

4 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Peritus(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2016
ayoku777:

Why will you give up on christianity or on Jesus because of how others serve him? Are you a follwer of men or a follower of Christ.

If others choose to be hypocrites, why should that affect your faith in Jesus? Are you following them or Jesus?

If today my mentor backslides and becomes an adulterer, I will fall on my face and interceed for him and pray for his restoration. It won't make me lose my own faith in Jesus or say christianity is a farce.

If other people's carnality and hypocrisy is what determines your opinion of christianity, then it means you never had a personal relationship with Jesus, you knew him through character and lifestyle of others.

You should get to a point in your walk with God, where you know Jesus for yourself, and the carnality of others only makes you interceed for them in love, not affect your own faith.

You asked a question that you should have directed at yourself first, "Did you read your bible today"?

If you've read your bible, you would know that since the days of the early church, there has been carnal and ignorant brethren in the family of God and body of Christ, and that has not changed.

If you're a true believer, other people's carnality should not make you lose your faith in Jesus or in christianity but rather move you to intercession for the house of God.

Shalom
Plz tell her. I don't know why people always use failed preachers, pastors, Priests etc as excuse. The simple truth is that no man of God is immune to failure. If you don't stand ur ground, whether pastor or whatever, you will experience a mighty fall. Again, many of those revered preachers are not of God, and some of them may not even know it. 1John 4:5-6 says that "those false prophets speak about matters of the world and the world listens to them because they belong to the world. (6)But we belong to God ...this, then, is how we can tell the difference btwn the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." Many today are not preaching the word but the world.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by twosquare(m): 8:58am On Mar 17, 2016
That was the day you begin the journey unto Death.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Weah96: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
twosquare:
That was the day you begin the journey unto Death.

That journey began the day the father released the fateful seed.

Birth is a death sentence.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by matrix199(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Weah96:

That journey began the day the father released the fateful seed.
Birth is a death sentence.
Tell that to Enoch and Elijah
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Weah96: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
matrix199:

Tell that to Enoch and Elijah

Never met them. What did they tell you?
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Greenback: 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
Crazy senseless op. Mtcheewww
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by matrix199(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Weah96:

Never met them. What did they tell you?
That you owe me two crates of shine shine bobo
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by matrix199(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
Greenback:
Crazy senseless op. Mtcheewww

How does her decision affect you? Does it warrant you calling her 'crazy and senseless'? Have you proved her wrong with your response? Cos you seem to prove her, or prove me right with your response, that's if you claim to be a christian.

Well, in the ears of a bonobo, the words of a human is gibberish.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Greenback: 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
matrix199:

How does her decision affect you? Does it warrant you calling her 'crazy and senseless'? Have you proved her wrong with your response? Cos you seem to prove her, or prove me right with your response, that's if you claim to be a christian.

Well, in the ears of a bonobo, the words of a human is gibberish.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
The race to eternal life is wholly personal. No one will be held accountable for your failure to meet required Heavenly standard. GOD isn't interested in flimsy excuses!

1 Like

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Psylas(m): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
welcome to freedom

1 Like

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Psylas(m): 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Just say bye to religion

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
@redwriter God bless u. In fact I'm in the same state as well. The most wicked people on earth are the religious. Check out! Religion indeed makes you think from your ass instead of using your head. It almost ruined my life. I kept dreaming dreams of greatness but never saw an iota until I chose to throw religion away, accept my fate and do what I have to do
Religion is man's enemy and a waste of time.
I have nothing against God as well, but Christians are taking theirs just too far
Pastors give rules and regulations that they cannot abide by in the secret. Insult people, display arrogance, seek for worship etc.
People in the church hate themselves and fight for power (positions), you suspect even some of your good friends that mean well for you as "demons" because of one crazy pastor's sermon. Omo ive seen it all. I was at the BRINK of being totally ruined for life
Religion is messed up
I pity Muslims because their own is even worse

2 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Psylas:
welcome to freedom
I tell you my brother. The day I left religion was the day I really became free. I found out I was myself, comfortable being myself and funny enough "committed less attrocities". I became very good and nicer to my fellow human beings. Religion encourages SIN. The most religious are the most sinful (in secret though) #hypocrites.
I've seen them all. Both religions

2 Likes

Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by asalimpo(m): 1:01am On Mar 18, 2016
redwriter:

Religion without God is mere human traditions and formulae for addressing spiritual issues.
But to label christianity as a farce because of what mess some christians ,true or false, make of it ,is in itself an illogical conclusion.
You need to do some thinking yourself.
Re: The Day İ Said Goodbye To Christianity by Exorcist56789(m): 2:15am On Mar 18, 2016
Finally! An honest view! Christians literally insult other religion & judge when the Bible clearly abhors that but their action contradicts the Bible.
let me ask a quick question; why do atheist receive miracles? why are Buddhist the most peaceful? Why are Muslims the most devoted?

P.S; I'm a Christian but not the type that start speaking in tongues randomly & screaming for my grand father to die just because he's in the village.

(1) (Reply)

10 Facts You Didnt Know About T.B Joshua / Prophet Fufeyin Gives N30M To His Wife As Birthday Gift / Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.