Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff (12971 Views)

Governor Fayose, Others Risk Jail For Campaign Billboards / Funeral Of Aregbesola's Mother: Osinbajo, Okorocha, Fayose, Others Attend (PICS) / I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by neolboy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party national chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff yesterday gave an insight into how he emerged the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, revealing that Governor Ayodele Fayose and those he described as ‘other Nigerians’ made him assume the position.
Sheriff , however, didn’t disclose the identities of the ‘other Nigerians’ that worked for his ascension into his new office.

This was as the governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, said President Muhammadu Buhari was superintending over a super-corrupt government, contrary to what he makes the public to believe that he was a man of integrity.

Sheriff spoke in Ado Ekiti on Thursday at the PDP secretariat being part of his visit to the state to consolidate his hold on the party.

The ex-Borno governor promised to reignite the fortunes of the party back to what it used to be in 1999, when it was a darling party among Nigerians.

”Let me thank Governor Fayose for his efforts to keep our party on ground in Ekiti. It is God that used to make a leader and that was why God commanded in the Holy bible and Qur’an that He should be allowed to choose a leader for the people.

“I never wanted or thought of being chairman , but I was sleeping in my house when governor Fayose called me from Port Harcourt and said I was going to be the new National Chairman. This to me, was a miracle.

“With what I witnessed yesterday, it was obvious that God Chose Fayose for Ekiti people , because of his popularity among them. He was taken to the prison and eight years after, he came back. People won’t be happy with the governor if he had not been fair to them”.

Sheriff added that “In keeping PDP together, I am not going to insult anybody , we will only do this by allowing the people to choose their leaders through credible elections”, he said.

He promised that the PDP will remain a strong party in Nigeria through proper rebranding and by bringing aggrieved members back to rejoin the fold.

Fayose, who said his government will continue to criticize Buhari, stated that, “he promised Nigerians 10 million jobs, but it has turned out to be 10 million job lost. He increased electricity tariff , putting PDP members in handcuffs while Boko Haram suspects are walking free. It is only a sectional leader that does this.

“Buhari accused PDP of corruption, but today he is superintending over a super corrupt government”, he said.

Tactically referring to why he supported Sheriff, Fayose said: “ we want a leader who has a second address to pilot our affairs , because some of those who were raising their voices under ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan have gone underground because of fear and what they will eat.

“We know you have the capacity to restore the PDP and make it survive. You have the means and experience and we promise that we will always stand by you.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/17/how-fayose-others-made-me-pdp-chairman-modu-sheriff/

1 Like

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by mynd1(f): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ali modu sheriff da kai da Fayose,WIKE,METUH and sauran,duk zakuci Ubanku ai.

God bless Nigeria. angry

18 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by zico530(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
As long as it will bring something positive it is welcomed.

4 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by tsephanyah(f): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari was superintending over a super-corrupt government, contrary to what he makes the public to believe that he was a man of integrity.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by rusher14: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
^ imagine what Fayose would have said had APC made Sheriff Chairman.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by greatiyk4u(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
The thug and the Boko Haram sponsor

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by eventsms(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
PDP is a dead party.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Goke7: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
rusher14:
^ imagine what Fayose would have said had APC made Sheriff Chairman.

Abi o hypocrites of the highest order, they are still claiming APC wants to islamise Nigeria after making sheriff PDP chairman. Confused lots

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by joeprince23(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Our able chairman!

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by goodlifehyd(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2016
Fayose is the main killer of PDP but some blocked head wailers wont realize this, his noise and hate adverts were one of the major reasons that sent that President Jonathan packing and here he is bringing in a boko haram sponsor to head a failed party that is struggling hard to redeem its image....i laugh in Portuguese

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2016
Weak foundation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by politricks: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2016
They call Apc a muslim party and they have a core muslim and a notherner as their chairman. Watching how ipob would vote come 2019, they don't have a choice than to vote a notherner.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by omusiliyu(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2016
Indeed Fayose is the chairman of the PDP governors forum... Mimiko is just figurehead like the P in Psychology.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Okworigeorge(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2016
tsephanyah:
President Muhammadu Buhari was superintending over
a super-corrupt government, contrary to what he makes the
public to believe that he was a man of integrity.

1 Like

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2016
The way people be quoting holy Bible and Quran, if their fake God was alive, he would kill them.

But, those Books were written to control the population. Look up to heaven, suffering on earth is just for a time.

Hold your leaders accountable people, no God resides in any of these holie books.

Fayoise be telling us Islamization on one hand and working for a 'BH sponsor' on the other. Na we dey lose..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by henrydadon(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2016
one thing i know for sure is nigeri is not getting anywhere better..how leaders are ruining this country..they all lack ideas..i wonder what nnamdi azikiwe would have done for this country..the good old days of obafemi awolowo..Nigeria glorious days are gone.

1 Like

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by 989900: 8:31am On Mar 18, 2016
Terrorist.
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Izzy002(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2016
Issokay
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by politricks: 8:32am On Mar 18, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
The way people be quoting holy Bible and Quran, if their fake God was alive, he would kill them.

But, those Books were written to control the population. Look up to heaven, suffering on earth is just for a time.

Hold your leaders accountable people, no God resides in any of these holie books.

Fayoise be telling us Islamization on one hand and working for a 'BH sponsor' on the other. Na we dey lose..
I just pity those people that support them blindly.

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by thisisod(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2016
wow
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by alizma: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
By this statement, this guy just worsen PDP crisis further. How many big wigs in PDP actually believe in Fayose to take decision for them apart from his people that he feeds with rice?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
Buhari why did you allow this to happen.

I thought you belong to everybody
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Izzy002(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2016
goodlifehyd:
grin
Issokay..
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Alfaab: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2016
mynd1:

God bless Nigeria. angry
What is that?
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by martineinstein(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2016
So ironic that same fayose was the one accusing Buhari of Islamizing/terrorizing Nigeria is now the one leading the race

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Ojukwufrank: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Boko haram boss at the top. Continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by Bhella5(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
mynd1:
God bless Nigeria. angry
Kadan kadan fa!

1 Like

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by ademega(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2016
criminals
fayose has said it all, bokoharam walking freely, that is PDP national chairman who was sitting besides him, while corrupt PDP are in handcuffs.

3 Likes

Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by nbright: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2016
angry
Re: How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff by BabaAlaji(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2016
mynd1:

God bless Nigeria. angry

Haka yake mynd1.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule / Imo APC Demands Okorocha's Suspension Over Anti-Party Activities / Annah Ishaku, Chikezie Ijeoma, Namia Robert Bag African Virtuous Woman Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.