Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

What If The Bible Is A Lie? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Bible Is A Lie? (20988 Views)

If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by dangotesmummy: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

You're the one who's really in need of DELIVERANCE!!

smiley maybe after church service on sunday I'll be expecting a testimony.
get thee behind me you demon cool
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by dangotesmummy: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
bobowaja:

Wishes differs from reality. So you are free to wish for whatever you like.
I say die cool
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by bobowaja(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
felixomor:

The last time, it was you and one other guy who opened a stupid thread on Matthew and Luke only to change his topic after he discovered his ignorance.

This one is not differentt.
Come contribute on this thread and open ur brain value for all to see.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2017
Dangotesmummy, I don't need to quote those post you mentioned me with.
It would only show how weak and dummy-ish I am.
Better luck next time. tongue
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by bobowaja(m): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Millions of rams killed today and you are still alive.

You are a lucky one. grin
Lucky one indeed. How the guy manage to escape is a mystery just like his religion. cheesy
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by felixomor: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
bobowaja:

Come contribute on this thread and open ur brain value for all to see.

Sorry
Dear, brain value cant be assessed by people of your calibre. undecided
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by dangotesmummy: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
Dangotesmummy, I don't need to quote those post you mentioned me with.

It would only show how weak and dummy-ish I am.

Better luck next time. tongue

get lost cool

You're already a dummy cool
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by sonofluc1fer: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Lalasticlala thread still dey hot.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by sonofluc1fer: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
dangotesmummy:
get lost cool

You're already a dummy cool
Hey Christians, pretend to love each other for once..
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by dangotesmummy: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
undecided
sonofluc1fer:

Hey Christians, pretend to love each other for once..
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by hopefulLandlord: 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice!
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by sonofluc1fer: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by CandidSeeker(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
The Bible Is Not A Lie.

When you read textbooks, novels or any kind of books, you end up learning one or two things from the illustrations & opinions of the writers.

The Bible contains The Words of God & opinions of different characters therein.

We see contradictions because:

Some leaders allowed ordinances, selfish attitudes & injunctions that were not of God.

The Most High sent Jesus so that we can connect back to The LIFE that man was supposed to eat from the Tree of LIFE in Eden.

John 10:10 NKJV
.... I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 6:63 NKJV
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

He pointed us to His relevance:
Luke 24:27 NKJV
And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Luke 24:44 NKJV
Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."

He gave us only one law:
John 13:34 NKJV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

We are to become God by growing into Christ:

Ephesians 4:13 NKJV
...till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

We are vessels designed to RECEIVE, CONTAIN and EXPRESS God.

The Bible Is Not A Lie.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by sonofluc1fer: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2018
CandidSeeker:

The Bible Is Not A Lie.

The Bible contains The Words of God & opinions of different characters therein.

How do you know the Bible contains the Words of God? The Bible is not evidence for itself.

Sonoflucifer claiming to be 'a son of the devil' is not proof I am a son of the devil. It's only a claim. To verify it, one needs evidence not just a moniker and some 'hail satan' posts.

You opened a mere book and believed its claims without questioning. Do you know who God is? How can it write rhat bullshit?
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2019
Obligatory yearly bump.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 12:53pm On May 18, 2020
yearly bump.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
Yearly bump.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bumpityy.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bumpoty

Lalasticlala
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by dazzlingd(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2021
No rapture or end time. Africans are stuck in Africa forever. No white man coming from the sky to zap them to mansions in heaven.

Nigerian children will not be labelled as witches anymore. Pastors who label kids as evil and witches would be locked up in psychiatric hospitals.

Reedemed would be an engineering company with a motto to open a technical workshop every 5kms. More jobs, less prayer points

Go out with family on Sundays for strolls and enjoy nature. Less noise and traffic.

Village people would stop being blamed for every misfortune that happens to their family members.

Africans won't care about Adam and Eve, or Jerusalem and Mecca. Pilgrimage to Osun and Umudike would increase IGR.

Clearing up more ignorance like it's my duty. cry

Mr Chris...
So much ignorance.
Let me explain this one time. Every Nation has a Ruler/President. The US has one, Nigeria has one. The PRESIDENT is a title, not a Person. So when an American Citizen says 'My President', you don't think Buhari, you think Barrack Obama.

In same vein, every nation/tribe had their GOD (their creator, their source, their origin). These Gods were created in their images and spoke their language. Allah doesn't speak French, Yahweh doesn't speak Ijaw. Yawheh and Allah referred to the local Gods of a particular tribe.

Unlike the Yoruba,Igbo, Indian gods, the Abrahamic GODS(Allah and Yahweh) considered all other Gods evil. From David to Mohammed, these men conquered lands and people, destroying everything in their wake. You don't need to read the Old Testament, read your news. The evidence is still there in the Middle East.

Lucifer's demons have nothing whatsoever to do with the African gods. Lucifer is Yahweh is Lucifer.

What good thing did the African gods give us? Look at your delicacy and your local language. Maybe, your ancestors weren't so savage afterall. Your language is proof they could communicate. Your local delicacy is proof they were good farmers, and knew how to use basic cooking utensil. Did the white man teach us how to cook oha and periwinkle? Did they teach us to say "Bia" and "Ndo"? What about your traditional wears? Proof that there were tailors and we manufactured textiles too. We weren't naked and hopeless. Harmattan for don show us shege..

How about local medicines? The medicinal benefits of the kolanut? Our leaves and that nasty worm that grows on trees? Maybe we didn't have western medicine. But we had local healers who treated illnesses and sicknesses. If we didn't, we would all have been dead before they arrived our shores. grin..

Unfortunately, how you think is who you are. When they left pur lands, they left behind their minds, their history, their perception of us. They left their minds in our education system. And we never changed it. They left their Bible in our palms, while we gave our lives to Chris and swore by Allah. We took to calling their lands holy lands, travelling to Jerusalem and Mecca to see I remember as a kid rejecting the notion of having to eba with fork and spoon. Most of us have probably experienced that too. Yet, we believe a Jew who was killed over 2000 years ago by his kinsmen, was right about our gods, our history, our future.

Too much sense in one post, just too much.

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala, why are u afraid to push this kinds of posts to fp.... but rather we see school pupils turned to yam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by HappyPagan: 2:46am On May 01, 2023
Bumpity

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Receives Lost N250K Which Was Found By Hotel Worker In Saudi. PIC / Rev. Michael Ewache Dedicates First Child After 32 Years Of Childlessness / Donnie McClurkin Calls Super Bowl Halftime Performance "Absolutely Fantastic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.