Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria (619 Views)

6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage / Why Is It Dat All These Hot Babes Usually Marry Men Dat Are Not So Handsome? / 5 Types Of Ladies Some Guys Are Scared To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Crystal70200: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
1. Fear of being scammed – With the current trend of scammers everywhere, the fear of being deceived into unnecessary expenses has continued to envelope these ladies. No doubt, there are guys in Nigeria that have vowed to make it by hook or crook. Some have for so many years been trying their best possible to process visa to travel out of the country. For these ladies in the US, getting involved with such guys would be precarious. Even though some good guys exist out there of which these ladies hope to meet, the fear still lurks around. They have heard and read stories of the “yahoo boys” who go about scamming foreigners and fellow Nigerians alike. Thus, the fear of these guys is the beginning of wisdom.

2. Fear of being abandoned – There have been cases of these ladies getting married to guys in Nigeria, make every sponsorship to make them get to be in the US. They eventually become green card holders and in subsequent terms, become US citizens. The painful part becomes when the going gets tough. At this point, another woman is in the waiting. They leave these ladies and marry another. There are cases where some of these guys already had wives back in Nigeria. They pretend not to have such married status. Their wives become their partner in crime. Thus, with these stories being real, many of these ladies become scared not wishing to be abandoned after putting in all resources to make the union work.

3. Fear of men’s inability to fit into the US system – In some cases, after the guy gets to the US, he fails to take responsibility as the man and head of family. He fails to adjust in order to fit into the US system. Because of this, he wouldn’t work. Instead, the wife still continues to take care of all bills including his welfare. Tired of the situation and perhaps, humiliation, he goes back to Nigeria where he knows what to do to earn money.

4. Fear of living apart – Because he could not fit into the US system, he then decides to be visiting his family once or twice a year. Some guys just want the status of having a US green card or being a citizen and then they go back to Naija. No woman loves to be apart from her hubby. When this happens to some people they know, it becomes one of their many fears.

5. Fear of being controlled – This is another fear especially by those who do not want to humble themselves before any man. They are those whose mentalities have been twisted by the freedom and absolute rights given to women in America. Because of this right, a handful of men are more scared to be involved with these ladies since they cannot be with women who will always measure shoulders with them. If a man can be a subject to the ladies’ submissions, then they are good to go. Although, not every one of them has this controlling attribute.

6. Family approval – There are some families that do not want their daughters who are based in the US to be married to someone in Nigeria. They would rather prefer to see their girls married to Nigerians based in the US or better still, a white man. In some other cases they can simply match make their daughters with sons of friends. So, once the ladies’ families are not in support of the men of their choice, it becomes difficult. Although some would defy the disapproval of their families.

7. High taste – For those ladies whose tastes are high, they find it difficult getting guys in Nigeria that can stand their class for marriage purpose and not just for fun. Those classy kind of guys the ladies so yearn for are not even being enticed by the ladies’ presence. Those who keep approaching them are the ones who these ladies see as classless. But the moment a classy one approaches, he is embraced with all gladness. This is why guys may want to disguise as a topnotch in order to be able to woo and win the lady over.

Source: https://www.naij.com/768881-7-reasons-nigerian-ladies-america-scared-marry-men-nigeria.html
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by missingrib(f): 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
OK o
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Maamin(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ennnn! They can marry the ones over there na...allow me to enjoy my nap jor!
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmm....Great post. For me, i think the biggest concern is 1 & 2; being scammed and abandoned. And, there are many stories. In fact a good friend of mine now, her father came over U.S that way. Married an American Lady while He was harboring a family in Nigeria, and his nigerian wife was in cahoots with the plan all the time. Tsk. SMH.

Anyway, if It were me, I will be more concerned for the individual that tries or pulls a fast one over me (ie; scam & abandon) or (hit and run).

One word from the bible to summarizes my belief: "no weapon formed against me shall prosper".

If they form against me, they will not prosper. Simple. Enough said. This bible verse has proven to be true over and over in my life.
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Maamin:
Ennnn! They can marry the ones over there na...allow me to enjoy my nap jor!

grin grin grin. Oya, nap is over for you homeboy.
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Maamin(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Xiadnat:

grin grin grin. Oya, nap is over for you homeboy.

Ooohh! Babe not now...anyway for u, I can skip nap..Ma Nishma! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Maamin(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Xiadnat:
Hmm....Great post. For me, i think the biggest concern is 1 & 2; being scammed and abandoned. And, there are many stories. In fact a good friend of mine now, her father came over U.S that way. Married an American Lady while He was harboring a family in U.S, and his wife was in cahoots with the plan all the time. Tsk. SMH.

Anyway, if It were me, I will be more concerned for the individual that tries or pulls a fast one over me (ie; scam & abandon) or (hit and run).

One word from the bible to summarizes my belief: "no weapon formed against me shall prosper".

If they form against me, they will not prosper. Simple. Enough said. This bible verse has proven to be true over and over in my life.

This young lady have started taking Bible courses! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
Maamin:

This young lady have started taking Bible courses! grin

Hehehe. Where have you been all these while.

Are you priesting or bishoping or pastoring a church now? Haba. cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies In America Are Scared To Marry Men In Nigeria by Maamin(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
Xiadnat:

Hehehe. Where have you been all these while.

Are you priesting or bishoping or pastoring a church now? Haba. cheesy

Around and about my dear! Engineering work taking most of my time..

How are u doing?

(1) (Reply)

Ese's Letter (unedited): Pls Read And Reply Me-inusa / Resolved / Which One Is More Dangerous???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.