Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,057 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? (1402 Views)

Governor Okorocha Sacks All Commissioners / Buhari Sacks His Liaison Officer / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by funkyibodude(m): 12:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Updated! sources close to the government disclosed that the governor may have sacked his Secretary to the state government sir Jude ejiogu, details of what lead to his sack is quite unclear but his close associates believe it may be connected to the recent statement he made about the commissioning of Owerri mall via social media..

Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by 9ijaprince(m): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2016
true,its on channels.
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by Kelvinanderson(m): 1:45am On Mar 19, 2016
If he likes he should sack his entire cabinet...... Sacking him for standing up to him and pointing out his flaws as a governor.
Rochas!!! You are a disgrace to "Imolites" typical APC governance. Clueless and fraudulent!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by ujoatu(m): 2:47am On Mar 19, 2016
THANKS TO OUR GOVERNOR, OWELLE ROCHAS ANAYO OKOROCHA AND NDI IMO IN GENERAL

Today, I stepped aside as Secretary to the Government of Imo State (SGI) with a clean and undented image. To be sincere to you all, I will greatly thank His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle (Dr) Rochas Anayochukwu Okorocha (OON), the Senior Advocate of the Masses for given me the opportunity to serve the state in particular and Imo people at large in various sensitive positions in the rescue mission government since 2011.

It is obvious that I started with the rescue mission government as Adviser on Internally Generated Revenue, to Chairman, Board of Internal Revenue. From there, His Excellency appointed me Chairman, Local Government Service Commission respectively.

Following my sterling qualities and commitment to duty, our amiable Governor appointed me the Chief of Staff, Government House, after which barely three months of the appointment, my name was announced as Commissioner for Special Duties on top of the position of Chief of Staff.

However, after the 2015 Governorship election which His Excellency meritoriously won, i was assigned the position of Secretary to the Government of Imo State (SGI) which today, am leaving as a happy person with my shoulder very high.

Convincingly, I know that the Governor's decision to relieve me of my position was not as a result of failure, incompetence, mediocrity or negligence of duty on my part, but it was a sound desire to give another Imolite the privilege to contribute his or her quota aimed at developing our dear state, the Eastern Heartland.

On the other hand, I want to sincerely thank the good people of Imo State who have over the years had faith in me and supported me in so many ways, especially, those who prayed for my success which today, has manifested.

I will also not forget to thank my wife, children, family and Aides at large who have had to endure my absence most times when I would be weighted down by matters of state, which I executed with utmost commitment and devotion.

In all, i remain thankful to Almighty God who in His infinite mercies have planned today for me. I have faith that He has plans of future elevations in my life through which I can continue to touch the lives of the good people of Imo State positively in many ways.

There is no doubt that my greatest joy has been to serve the people of Imo State to the best of my abilities, and for His Excellency, the Governor to have given me such opportunity to showcase my experience and expertise is indeed priceless.

May the good Lord bless you all for your prayers and support which made me a happy man today.

-----------------
Sir Jude Ejiogu
Former Secretary to the Government of Imo State
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by mandax: 4:57am On Mar 19, 2016
Okorocha surrounded himself with a set of people, including Ejiogu, who would fight for all five universities and polytechnics in Imo state to remain in Owerri, and even want any more that may come.

People who don't see any thing wrong if Imo state government continues to build flyovers where cheaper roundabouts can be, build dual carriage bye pass roads, bridges and new roads even where no one lives in Owerri, yet wouldn't care a hoot if the rest of Imo state is being flooded due to absence of common drainage system, and with abandoned road works;

crowd who can't see any thing wrong if Imo state government builds new state libraries and public Squares, Cultural centres, Ecumenical centres, etc., all over Owerri, while the rest of Imo state remain virgin;

people who don't see any thing wrong if Imo state government spends 90% of her CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BUDGET in developing the STATE CAPITAL's infrastructure, because they mistake CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BUDGET for BUDGET FOR DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE CAPITAL.

Okorocha surrounded himself with people who hardly know, and have no reason to know where the other towns outside the state capital are located in Imo state.
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by mandax: 5:10am On Mar 19, 2016
Okorocha has in four-and-half years transformed the city of Owerri to its splendid looks today well beyond any person could have imagined before 2011.

But that not withstanding, Okorocha attracts more animosity - more than any other Igbo governor. Why?
Because he was satisfying a minority at the expense of the majority in Imo state, after Okorocha got reduced to Mayor of Owerri by the crowd he surrounded himself with in nearly all departments of Imo government. That's after he built rural roads and dualized some urban roads outside Owerri.

Okorocha was bound to fail politically. It's left to be seen if has learned what has been responsible for the huge animosity towards him despite his huge successes in Owerri.
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by ijeebest: 5:10am On Mar 19, 2016
It's ok
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by funkyibodude(m): 7:20am On Mar 19, 2016
Personally! I don't care, nothing excites me about Imo state again undecided
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by IrradiatoR: 7:42am On Mar 19, 2016
mandax:
Okorocha surrounded himself with

people who can't see any thing wrong if Imo state government builds new state libraries and public Squares, Cultural centres, Ecumenical centres, etc., all over Owerri, while the rest of Imo state remain virgin;

people who don't see any thing wrong if Imo state government spends 90% of her CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BUDGET in developing the STATE CAPITAL's infrastructure, because they mistake CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BUDGET for BUDGET FOR DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE CAPITAL.

many State Governors make this mistake, i wonder why they concentrate on the State Capital leaving out other parts. Check out the states in the Southwest too, ONLY Lagos is different. . .
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by Pavore9: 7:48am On Mar 19, 2016
Imo state is a deferred dream! angry
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by liftedud(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2016
Decamp
Re: Breaking!! Governor Rochas Okorocha Sacks His SSG? by funkyibodude(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Pavore9:
Imo state is a deferred dream! angry
lol grin..

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Happiest Countries Revealed -2016 / Buhari Leaves Osibanjo In The Lurch: Photo / Is History Repeating Itself In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.