Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos (23905 Views)

What Will Happen If There Is No Election In Anambra State / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / Kano Youths Burn Gaya And Muhmud's Houses During Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by moyinoluwabun(m): 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Inec turning to something else under APC led govt.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by kolmart: 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wike's will indeed? you people are with big head with little brain Amaechi is a father to Wike, wike an ordinary thugs and hooligans, if not because of patience Jonathan and supreme court with their bias rulling do you think can stand in front of voters and win election? stupid people. Do you know how much the thief called Wike has borrowed to procure judgement, still you stupid people will stand their and shouting Wike and agitating for Biafra republic useless people. Nigerians knew that Igbo can't be trusted with money so don't ever think of getting Biafra state a group of people that can't rule ordinary state successful now agitating for a country. Continuing your wailing you just started.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by dukecharles(m): 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Samyj247:
shut up I m Igbo and m for APC spk for urself u idiot

You support APC?, I guess you are the greatest fool and idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Ahmedhussain3463: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
Protest is a legitimate means to say NO to illegality.

Im proud of PDP today.

Dogs and baboons dont need to soak in blood but the voice of the masses is the voice of God
bt wike tot us all is fair to win election in 2015|d preceedence e left will b use against him today
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by tinsel: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
The seed of credible elections that Jonathan planted should be watered and allowed to grow by the new party in power. The events playing out in Rivers state make me wonder if we really under political power as the prerogative right of the people.

Be honest with yourself.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
bt wike tot us all is fair to win election in 2015|d preceedence e left will b use against him today
Sorry i cant comprehend your write up.

Do justice to it
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by tinsel: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
dukecharles:

You support APC?, I guess you are the greatest fool and idiot.
How old are you? I am sure you are not beyon 20 years.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Abeymills(m): 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Apc n bubuhari will never n acept gud n peaceful electionerin gudluck left dey use army militant thugs 2rig in bayelsa dey failed totaly in calarba they also failed they brot d lizard of ubima who left his primary post of duty to cause mayhem killin n rigging in rivers they will all fail includin thier zombies because ss pple reject apc n bubuhari n zombies
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by kissval1388: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Samyj247 post=43912248]shut up I m Igbo and m for APC spk for urself u idiot[/quote
I don't exchange words with jambites. I know am far way older Dan you. am paying school fees for your types at home.
mynd44 take not of Dis kid and d breach of rule
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Ahmedhussain3463: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
The seed of credible elections that Jonathan planted should be watered and allowed to grow by the new party in power. The events playing out in Rivers state make me wonder if we really under political power as the prerogative right of the people.

comedian, wic seed of peacefull election d ineffecual buffoons sow?guy we protect our vote in d north and dt y we kick dt paragon of clueslesness outside aso rock|rivers pdp shuld do dt and if dey cnt, no body shuld shout foul play becos wike has left a preceedence already.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by obailala(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
The seed of credible elections that Jonathan planted should be watered and allowed to grow by the new party in power. The events playing out in Rivers state make me wonder if we really understand political power as the prerogative right of the people.
bejeiodus:
Who can deny that Jonathan allowed the peoples will to remain supreme? Why did we have fewer electoral petitions in the 2011 and 2015 elections than those held before them? There are things we have to credit the former president for, and a credible electoral process is one of them.

The scam going on in Rivers state today is the exact same scam which happened in 2015 elections in the same Rivers state under GEJ. So I dont understand what you are talking about. Obviously the problem is beyond GEJ or PMB, it is just a case of Rivers people being unruly touts. After all there have been elections is Kogi state and we didnt have all these.

When you have a constellation of militants and criminals fighting for political positions, when you have the people who should be condemning irregularity being the ones endorsing and glorifying it (because it favours their candidate or party), when the courts are not trustworthy any more, this is the kind of sad scenario that plays out.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
comedian, wic seed of peacefull election d ineffecual buffoons sow?guy we protect our vote in d north and dt y we kick dt paragon of clueslesness outside aso rock|rivers pdp shuld do dt and if dey cnt, no body shuld shout foul play becos wike has left a preceedence already.
Who can deny that Jonathan allowed the peoples will to remain supreme? Why did we have fewer electoral petitions in the 2011 and 2015 elections than those held before them? There are things we have to credit the former president for, and a credible electoral process is one of them.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by carinmom(f): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
agabusta:
For them to know the result sheet is fake means they have seen the original.

The question is where are the picture of the fake and original result sheets that these crowd saw and are protesting against.

I think some people are taking propaganda to a dangerous level.

You can tell us election has not yet started in Bonny hence you are protesting. But for you to categorically state that there is no election in Bonny at this time is taking it to far.

They are even contradicting themselves.

Is it that election materials has not arrived at all OR the materials have arrived but the voters rejected them that they are fake?
Nice observation wink
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
obailala:
The scam going on in Rivers state today is the exact same scam which happened in 2015 elections in the same Rivers state under GEJ. So I dont understand what you are talking about. Obviously the problem is beyond GEJ or PMB, it is just a case of Rivers people being unruly touts. After all there have been elections is Kogi state and we didnt have all these. When you have a constellation of militants and criminals fighting for political positions, and when the courts are not trustworthy, this is the kind of sad scenario that plays out.
I quite agree with you that Rivers state has been a hotbed of militancy. But the truth remains that there is an inordinate desire to have the state under the control of the ruling party. Why, for instance, was the chairman of the APC rueing their loss of the 'oily states' after the Supreme Court judgments?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
I'm not surprised! The same way Fake result sheets were read to us by Jega in the 2015 presidential elections.

GEJ is truly a man of peace
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by obailala(m): 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
I quite agree with you that Rivers state has been a hotbed of militancy. But the truth remains that there is an inordinate desire to have the state under the control of the ruling party. Why, for instance, was the chairman of the APC rueing their loss of the 'oily states' after the Supreme Court judgments?
The aim of every politician is to win more territory so yes, every party is desperate to win elections irrespective of area. It is senseless to say APC Rivers is desperate to win seats in their parliament; or are you saying the PDP Rivers state isnt desperate?.... If they arent desperate why have they been murdering APC chieftains and intimidating APC supporters with threats of violence?... This has even been going on since before 2015 elections as almost every APC rally was attacked, and yet you tell me it is APC that is desperate?

The sad things is, if a political party wins a territory, it is indigenes of that territory who belong to the party that would end up ruling. The APC and PDP candidates are still indigenes of Rivers, it is pure foolishness to murder your own brothers all because they belong to a different political party, a party which could be dumped any time or which could even cease to exist any time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Reference(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Samtob90:
The statement a state is for a political party shows how slavery and shallow thinking nigerians are. The beauty of politics is allowing people to chose their leaders and not narrowing a whole state to a political party.
If you are in this group of ss is pdp or north is apc, you are backward and still live in slavery

I see. What do you and the APC members call the West.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Louiscutedude(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
But why
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by agabusta: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
falseman:

Why are you this dull?

If there is no election at a polling unit and there is result for the unit what do you call it?

You are the one that is dull. That news was released at about 1pm. In Nigerian elections, given the sloppy performance of INEC over the years, you cannot categorically come out at 1pm to state that there is no election.

You can only protest that voting has not started!

Or that materials has not arrived!

What is the meaning of no election??

Do u even know the difference between election and voting? What u have written here, how does it relate to the issue.

People who are claiming that the process has not started at all are also alleging fake result sheets. Is that not contradictory? How did they know the result sheets are fake? Why not show us a sample of it and let INEC provide explanations for that.

Let me educate u a little, election is a process. And voting is part of the process. Distribution of materials is part of the process as well.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Jabioro: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
It is turn of PDP to protest, last year APC was on the street telling the world that there is no election. yet INEC ho ahead and the fake result. let be ranting. the result will shock many of you.na home them go play una.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
obailala:
The aim of every politician is to win more territory so yes, every party is desperate to win elections irrespective of area. It is senseless to say APC Rivers is desperate to win seats in their parliament; or are you saying the PDP Rivers state isnt desperate?.... If they arent desperate why have they been murdering APC chieftains and intimidating APC supporters with threats of violence?... This has even been going on since before 2015 elections as almost every APC rally was attacked, and yet you tell me it is APC that is desperate?

The sad things is, if a political party wins a territory, it is indigenes of that territory who belong to the party that would end up ruling. The APC and PDP candidates are still indigenes of Rivers, it is pure foolishness to murder your own brothers all because they belong to a different political party, a party which could be dumped any time or which could even cease to exist any time.
I know political parties are formed to win elections, but they must do so by abiding by the rules. The violence in Rivers state accurately reflects out inchoate political culture. I only pray the whole exercise will not claim more lives than it has done.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
obailala:

I know political parties are formed to win elections, but they must do so by abiding by the rules. The violence in Rivers state accurately reflects our inchoate political culture. I only pray the whole exercise will not claim more lives than it has done.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
obailala:

I know political parties are formed to win elections, but they must do so by abiding by the rules. The violence in Rivers state accurately reflects our inchoate political culture. I only pray the whole exercise will not claim more lives than it has done. I really fear for the aftermath of the announcement of results.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by falseman(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
agabusta:

You are the one that is dull. That news was released at about 1pm. In Nigerian elections, given the sloppy performance of INEC over the years, you cannot categorically come out at 1pm to state that there is no election.

You can only protest that voting has not started!

Or that materials has not arrived!

What is the meaning of no election??

Do u even know the difference between election and voting? What u have written here, how does it relate to the issue.

People who are claiming that the process has not started at all are also alleging fake result sheets. Is that not contradictory? How did they know the result sheets are fake? Why not show us a sample of it and let INEC provide explanations for that.

Let me educate u a little, election is a process. And voting is part of the process. Distribution of materials is part of the process as well.

Lecturer pls what is the right time for them to protest ?

If I go by what you just said they should protest that the voting process is yet to start because it's 1pm then when it's 9pm they should stage another protest that there was no election. Please grow up and leave the voice of the people to be heard.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Pidggin(f): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
INEC under APC is incapable of holding a peaceful election
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by aldrick: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
kissval1388:
this thread must hit FP as long as it is viviangist. seun girl friend.

we the Igbo people staying in the northern part of the country are solidly behind pdp and wike in this election.
APC your days are numbered.
rivers is PDP and PDP is rivers.
#riversrerun

Come how Rivers election use concern Igbo people?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
if jonathan had allow d will of d people to take place in south south and south east where was his strong hold i dnt tink e alloww same in north,we defend our vote broda,am telling u dis again.wht happen in rivers state where election never hold atall?so forget dt sing of praise dt e allow free and fair election
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by ogmaskman: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
viviangist:
My people are protesting as a result of fake result sheets in Bonny LGA... just got off the phone with my contact and he says no elections going on as the people are calling on INEC to cancel the elections or bring original result sheets before election commences . - Online Reporter

http://www.viviangist.com/rivers-state-rerun-live-updates-march-19th-2016

You strike me like a fake. When did the protest start? when and how did they assemble materials, i.e cardboard, makers, humans from dffrnt wards etc on a day when movement is suppose to be restricted and shops closed. You posted this at noon today but ddnt include pictures of empty inec booths. It's possible these pple do not have voter's cards. Trust our bloggers, they would have sampled the cards here. Lastly OP, where is the pix of the fake result sheets and how did they come to this conclusion. Do they have the original sample. Remember inec said that results sheets is not for general inspection.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
if jonathan had allow d will of d people to take place in south south and south east where was his strong hold i dnt tink e alloww same in north,we defend our vote broda,am telling u dis again.wht happen in rivers state where election never hold atall?so forget dt sing of praise dt e allow free and fair election
Well I was not privy to events in the North during the course of the elections. But I find your assertion hard to believe because the whole North queued behind PMB. I am sure you saw how the president was pelted with stones in the North while on the campaign trail? How anyone could have attempted to skew the votes in his favour is what I find quite inaccurate.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by ogmaskman: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
I know political parties are formed to win elections, but they must do so by abiding by the rules. The violence in Rivers state accurately reflects our inchoate political culture. I only pray the whole exercise will not claim more lives than it has done. I really fear for the aftermath of the announcement of results.

Your fears are genuine. I tell you if you bring the American system here our politicians will subvert it. You can not expect much from a system that rewards thieves, violent pple (militants, armed robbers, kidnappers etc), liars, dangerous propagandists, and even cultists. A system where a supposed royal father goes on air to congratulate a politician and say we support you. Not minding his subjects loyal to other parties. We can go on and on.
Lastly, lemme say this about river state in particular. I know some pple will hate me for this but I will say it. The law faculty is RSUST is partly to be blamed for what is playing out in rivers state. Most of the so called politicians and judicial workers passed thru this place. They call themselves lawyers, magistrates and judges. Many of them are shallow and they have brought that depth to the politics of the state. I am yet to meet a sound lawyer/politician from RSUST who can stand tall without being brutish and ethnocentric Pls this has nothing to do with the gov, I am looking at rivers state from 1999 or so. My humble submission.If you must counter me do so with facts . You can even mention names of some of the pple you know. No insult intended just my lil observation.
Re: Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
Well I was not privy to events in the North during the course of the elections. But I find your assertion hard to believe because the whole North queued behind PMB. I am sure you saw how the president was pelted with stones in the North while on the campaign trail? How anyone could have attempted to skew the votes in his favour is what I find quite inaccurate.
broda let me tell u,some of d northern elite was supporting jonathan and are keen to his second term bid,bt come to tink of it,wht is jonathan fate if people like ty danjuma,ibb,abdulsalm,gowon and shagari are against him in d north?and dt is y dis people hlp us in protecting our vote,remember in 2011 jonathan meet d mandatory 20% in all d northern state!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Detained DCP Abba Kyari Drags FG To Court, Seeks Release From NDLEA Custody / Edo Residents Thank Tinubu, Akpakomiza Over Repairs On Benin-Auchi Road / Court Rejects Kanu’s Request For His Seized Passports And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.