Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria (25050 Views)

Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) / Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) / End Time Bleaching Of A Nigerian Lady, What Kind Of Cream Did She Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
julioralph:
lol Sister no vexx.
yea right, some guys do bleach
but na girls plenty pass
Sorry, didnt mean 2 sound harsh
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Tonydeeb(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
The way all 'em girls be claiming #blackIsBeautiful on here, makes me wonder if bots are the ones commenting as females on nairaland, or perhaps, they do not leave the four walls of their rooms and only stay on NL their entire existence shocked
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by julioralph(m): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
gloria34:
Sorry, didnt mean 2 sound harsh
its ok smiley
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by 7footre(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
popesam1:

PM me but na u go give me something
PM you kwa? Bro?
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by eminent007(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
baebae:
I think that 77% is too high because there are more dark skin girls than light skinned ones.

Anyways i can never change my skin tone because of anyone.
#IAmMadeOfBlack
Sure it looks good at first but by the time you are old the sides effects begin to surface.

Nigerian men however are the major reason why women bleach their skin because if you ask them who they are more attracted to they would not hesitate to pick a light skin girl.. Guys am i right or not

Patiently waiting for that guy who would not judge me for my skin colour but my beauty and personality

#OluwaAnswerMyCall

I do.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by popesam1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
7footre:
PM you kwa? Bro?
Ehn nah
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ideatoprince18(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
baebae:
I think that 77% is too high because there are more dark skin girls than light skinned ones.

#IAmMadeOfBlack
Sure it looks good at first but by the time you are old the sides effects begin to surface.

Nigerian men however are the major reason why women bleach their skin because if you ask them who they are more attracted to they would not hesitate to pick a light skin girl.. Guys am i right or not

Patiently waiting for that guy who would not judge me for my skin colour but my beauty and personality

#OluwaAnswerMyCall
.... ....... There are thousands of guy out there who love dark skin chicks .....and am one of them .....especially d pretty dark and intelligent type ..... are u in DAT class
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Charles4075(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Who are we to blame for this now

Mr cork is the cause of this mayhem befalling our ladies, he prefers light-skinned girls to dark skin all because he's from peckham and drives a 235,000 dollar range rover.mtcheewwww.

Mr cork, na joke I dey ohhhh
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Lady1m: 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Richiy:
I wonder what will make someone want to change your skin color so radically. Can't you just maintain your skin the way it is? Fear of all these creams makes me want to stick with Baby Lotion. You go to the market to buy cream and see all sorts of things.

I love my skin the way it is. If I ever NEED to do something with it, visit a CERTIFIED dermatologist.

Do not ever 'need to do something with it' oh! Michael Jackson visited a CERTIFIED dermatologist as well didn't he?

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by demzey(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
baebae:

#IAmMadeOfBlack

#OluwaAnswerMyCall
To me no, I prefer dark bt nt too dark biko, I no won born charcoal
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Iamthoney(m): 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
VibrationsZ:
FACE GO YELLOW, YANSH GO BLACK
cream de la cream things
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 20, 2016
Joavid:
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage, but that's non of my business.

and Its not my business how people(women mostly) take care of their skin. cos its just hopeless expecting Nigerian women to be cautious about what they apply on the largest organ of the body especially as the obsession to be light skin is very high.

and i still wouldn't care until these BBM channels I subscribe to; food and hair advertise bleaching creams by psuedo-professional cream mixers all the time which is already a norm on Instagram and nairaland fashion section and that's why am ranting now.

you see this wicked women advertising their products in the name of organic 100% natural products which of course is not true. and the list is like this:
Russian white 1week results
talking oil
glowing oil
extra whitening cream 5days
halfcaste cream
Egyptian milk
Moroccan white
hot white.
American glow. etc etc

if these were products registered and regulated by the authorities in charge, I probably wouldn't mind. but these creams are backyard and kitchen mixes inside plastic containers by women with no formal training or certification in dermatology or skin care.
These products have no ingredient list, NAFDAC or SON number authentication, and its beyond my understanding how a sane educated person would purchase such products? the only prove these dead brain customers need and see are before and after pictures of this horribly bleached out women which most times has been photoshoped.

The after effects of using this creams are really so bad I see them in Lagos everyday. some skins have become so transparent you can see the tiniest veins.

The dangers associated with the use of toxic compounds like mercury(a metal that blocks the production of melanin) for skin bleaching include; blood cancer, cancer of the liver and kidney as well as severe skin conditions.

Cream mixing is a booming business exploiting the insecurities of Nigerian women. they are scammers looking to get rich at all cost.
am hoping that the authorities look into this growing crime and apprehend those cream mixers.

Hello dearie,

Thanks for this post but I am sorry I have some bones to pick with you on this issue.

Disclaimer: I am not a cosmetic rep neither am I on instagram. I DO not support Bleaching and I do not support the use hypo or movate. I just want to air my views on ORGANIC products.

1. You mentioned " backyard or kitchen mixes", I thought queen Cleopatra of old and the Romans depended on milk and sugar(from kitchens) for achieving bright complexions..What is wrong if I use Lemon and Papaya extracts to produce my own cream? Will I be crucified for being a "backyard mixologist"?

2. A few very careful peeps love to play safe with their "precious Vaseline", need I tell you that Vaseline is made from petroleum jelly, whose production sometimes doesn't pass FDA standards? Will I be termed " illegitimate" if I use Almond & olive oil from my kitchen to make my own organic cream?

3. The 7 days effect you spoke about, Yes, I am told stuffs like licorice , which Indians and Nigerians use in cooking can cause lightening.If products containing thé aforementioned ingredient(which has been proven to be very safe) are brought side by side with the much coveted Dove Soap( which has Chemicals), which do you think will be termed "harmful"?

Forgive MY epistle, but I believe organic products work and are not harmful.Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by crazyclown07(m): 12:59am On Mar 20, 2016
Truth be told yorubas can bleach like crazy

A typical yoruba woman can starve but has the money to buy cheap bleaching cream thereby destroying their melanin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Ejanla07: 7:07am On Mar 20, 2016
baebae:

#IAmMadeOfBlack

#OluwaAnswerMyCall

my girlfriend tried to bleach once
Wat I said to her she was so ashamed
all she could mutter was. I did dis to look good for u.

I'm fair. I love her chocolate..
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2016
Something has to be done about this. It's becoming too rampant more women are bleaching. If the government doesn't do anything about this,it may be disastrous. What is government doing about this? Nothing. Are they not supposed to be arresting these bleaching cream sellers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2016
Ejanla07:

my girlfriend tried to bleach once
Wat I said to her she was so ashamed
all she could mutter was. I did dis to look good for u.

I'm fair. I love her chocolate..
good you talked to her
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 20, 2016
Jadeite:

Hello dearie,

Thanks for this post but I am sorry I have some bones to pick with you on this issue.

Disclaimer: I am not a cosmetic rep neither am I on instagram. I DO not support Bleaching and I do not support the use hypo or movate. I just want to air my views on ORGANIC products.

1. You mentioned " backyard or kitchen mixes", I thought queen Cleopatra of old and the Romans depended on milk and sugar(from kitchens) for achieving bright complexions..What is wrong if I use Lemon and Papaya extracts to produce my own cream? Will I be crucified for being a "backyard mixologist"?

2. A few very careful peeps love to play safe with their "precious Vaseline", need I tell you that Vaseline is made from petroleum jelly, whose production sometimes doesn't pass FDA standards? Will I be termed " illegitimate" if I use Almond & olive oil from my kitchen to make my own organic cream?

3. The 7 days effect you spoke about, Yes, I am told stuffs like licorice , which Indians and Nigerians use in cooking can cause lightening.If products containing thé aforementioned ingredient(which has been proven to be very safe) are brought side by side with the much coveted Dove Soap( which has Chemicals), which do you think will be termed "harmful"?

Forgive MY epistle, but I believe organic products work and are not harmful.Thanks.
My dear, Licorice, mulberry extract & alpha arbutin WILL NEVER GIVE YOU A 7DAYS EFFECT! These are natural ingredients that takes a while to see result if used religiously. They are expensive extracts too and 9ja mixers don't use them.
And Yes Organic products does work,but doesn't give the wawahoo whitening every 9ja mixers claim.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2016
Jadeite:

Hello dearie,

Are you a dermatologist? These are the stupid sh!ts you tell your gullible customers. Stop telling us what you don't know,that's how you mislead people with fake proves
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2016
i personally think they should just ban all bleaching creams... In my school,the rate at which people change from black to white is alarming.. And the annoying part of it is that,after bleaching their faces become so fake and irritating that you wouldnt even want to look at them.. #TEAMNATURALSKINCOLOUR
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2016
iamrealdeji:
Are you a dermatologist? These are the stupid sh!ts you tell your gullible customers. Stop telling us what you don't know,that's how you mislead people with fake proves 

Please, I beg you in thé name of God! Do not insult me...I can't find where I told you or anyone that I have customers! I only aired my views on what works for me..And to correct the misconception that all "ORGANIC products" are bad..So why thé insult? I am human , so assuming I have customers, what will I gain if I harm anybody? You don't have to agree with me, get over yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lady1m:

Do not ever 'need to do something with it' oh! Michael Jackson visited a CERTIFIED dermatologist as well didn't he?

My dear sometimes you might notice some changes with your skin and it could be due to certain factors. Only a certified dermatologist can tell you what is wrong and what to do. Not Okeke's shop or Bimbo's cosmetics
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ozoemenafn: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
It is so common with a section of this country even many of their men are not left out
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Janelle07(f): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Am dark n am beautiful
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Silumi(f): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
Like hu cares its no one's business wat pple choose to do.wif thier skin every person is responsible for his own action OYO for them
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Bleaching cream
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
ideatoprince18:
.... ....... There are thousands of guy out there who love dark skin chicks .....and am one of them .....especially d pretty dark and intelligent type ..... are u in DAT class
you just named three of my best attributes lol but am short though
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
eminent007:

I do.
you do what??
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
rawswag:
we meet aqain Mon baebae
oui mon ami
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ideatoprince18(m): 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
baebae:

you just named three of my best attributes lol but am short though
..... as far as u are intelligent n presentable ..,.DTS all I need ..... besides a tall guy like me does not need anoda tall girl ..... I don't want to give birth to iroko trees?? ... U get:::
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
ideatoprince18:
..... as far as u are intelligent n presentable ..,.DTS all I need ..... besides a tall guy like me does not need anoda tall girl ..... I don't want to give birth to iroko trees?? ... U get:::
lol
i understand
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ideatoprince18(m): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
baebae:
lol i understand
..... can we b friends
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by eminent007(m): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
baebae:

you do what??

I won't judge you by the Color of your Skin but by your Beauty and your Character cool cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rachel Edjeren Haunted By Indian Hair She Fixed / Amazing Makeup Transformation / Ladies, Would You Rock This Outfit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.