Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria (25048 Views)

Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) / Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) / End Time Bleaching Of A Nigerian Lady, What Kind Of Cream Did She Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Rich4god(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Richiy post=43922258][/quote]Your moniker.... Its meant for guys... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by kama1210: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
A girl once told me some uses hypo, S.Perm, raw egg etc to mix cream? Where do they get the S.Perm? to further say, they pay as much as 3k to 4k.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
More Nigerian girls need to accept themselves as they are, honestly- once you love and adore yourself, you'd attract the right ones.

I wish they'd also consider the effects also.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ariesbull: 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
They are trying to turn igbo who are naturally fair and it's in their DNA

Good luck to them

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by cuntento(m): 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
I love my black and chocolate babes

3 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by huntax(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Rich4god:
The only thing I dont want to hear is... "Guys, prefer fair girls".... Thats not technically true.... From experience and my own view, guys prefer ladies that are clean and neat... Thats just the bottomline... And if you really maintain yourself, no matter how dark that you are, "some atom of fairness will start appearing on your skin[b][/b]..."
Lol makes absolutely no sense... That's a pigment disordered skin you just described.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Rich4god:
Your moniker.... Its meant for guys... tongue tongue tongue

Maybe I am one tongue
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ushmoney: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Sempumping:
The mixers aren't the problem afterall they are hustling, the economy is hard ,The problem is the gullible babes that are not content with their skin colour .Whatever they get, they deserve .
in pingin language upgrading
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by ushmoney: 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Joavid post=43918160]

they should hustle the right way, the legitimate way. if what they include in their mixes is medically approved, they should get NAFDAC numbers on it and include the ingredients.

they mix hot movate, mercury and carowhite and claim is organic. na scamming be that na.[/quote wen 9ja begin dey do tins rit... U won mak e start 4 dere side mak hunga finish dem
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
But why are the relevant agencies pretending not to see these things?

They were established for a reason,to monitor,scrutinize and regulate production of all these things. Let's leave those roadside mixers out of this,those ones might not be so easy to locate. I've never come across any,personally.

But let's look at the BBM channels. They are everywhere trying to garner publicity and more customers, so if actually they are mixing harmful products,NAFDAC,SON and whatever body should have looked into this a long time ago and save Nigerians a lot of trouble.

Recently, the CEO of one of the popular channels was being interviewed on AIT. Could that be fake,too? And the various agencies are just sitting back doing nothing?

These agencies should perform their duties... and funny enough,these products are quite expensive. The ones they say are organic... 20k...35k..60k...minimum 10k...Lol

Hmm...Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
baebae:
I think that 77% is too high because there are more dark skin girls than light skinned ones.

Anyways i can never change my skin tone because of anyone.
#IAmMadeOfBlack
Sure it looks good at first but by the time you are old the sides effects begin to surface.

Nigerian men however are the major reason why women bleach their skin because if you ask them who they are more attracted to they would not hesitate to pick a light skin girl.. Guys am i right or not

Patiently waiting for that guy who would not judge me for my skin colour but my beauty and personality

#OluwaAnswerMyCall
we meet aqain Mon baebae
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:

They were established for a reason,to monitor,scrutinize and regulate production of all these things. Let's leave those roadside mixers out of this,those ones might not be so easy to locate. I've never come across any,personally.

But let's look at the BBM channels. They are everywhere trying to garner publicity and more customers, so if actually they are mixing harmful products,NAFDAC,SON and whatever body should have looked into this a long time ago and save Nigerians a lot of trouble.

Recently, the CEO of one of the popular channels was being interviewed on AIT. Could that be fake,too? And the various agencies are just sitting back doing nothing?

Hmm...Nigeria!
..Na una cause am
everybody want yellow like U
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
..Na una cause am everybody want yellow like U
Lol...I'm not yellow.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol...I'm not yellow.
So Ure black undecided
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by 7footre(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
popesam1:
Hmmm. i dey fear light skin lady. if I will date/marry a fair skin lady, I must first see her childhood photo
You don't need that! Just spread her nyash if d anus is black, bleaching is involved
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
So Ure black undecided
Yea.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Joavid:
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage, but that's non of my business.

and Its not my business how people(women mostly) take care of their skin. cos its just hopeless expecting Nigerian women to be cautious about what they apply on the largest organ of the body especially as the obsession to be light skin is very high.

and i still wouldn't care until these BBM channels I subscribe to; food and hair advertise bleaching creams by psuedo-professional cream mixers all the time which is already a norm on Instagram and nairaland fashion section and that's why am ranting now.

you see this wicked women advertising their products in the name of organic 100% natural products which of course is not true. and the list is like this:
Russian white 1week results
talking oil
glowing oil
extra whitening cream 5days
halfcaste cream
Egyptian milk
Moroccan white
hot white.
American glow. etc etc

if these were products registered and regulated by the authorities in charge, I probably wouldn't mind. but these creams are backyard and kitchen mixes inside plastic containers by women with no formal training or certification in dermatology or skin care.
These products have no ingredient list, NAFDAC or SON number authentication, and its beyond my understanding how a sane educated person would purchase such products? the only prove these dead brain customers need and see are before and after pictures of this horribly bleached out women which most times has been photoshoped.

The after effects of using this creams are really so bad I see them in Lagos everyday. some skins have become so transparent you can see the tiniest veins.

The dangers associated with the use of toxic compounds like mercury(a metal that blocks the production of melanin) for skin bleaching include; blood cancer, cancer of the liver and kidney as well as severe skin conditions.

Cream mixing is a booming business exploiting the insecurities of Nigerian women. they are scammers looking to get rich at all cost.
am hoping that the authorities look into this growing crime and apprehend those cream mixers.
how does it affect you? mind ur business
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by FreemanDave(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
MoneypassGod:
I still dont understand why nigerian women bleach. I thought they said black is beauty....

It is... But I prefer fair..... Or light skinned....
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by FreemanDave(m): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Actually, I prefer fair ladies. I know black is beautiful but I dont subscribe to it....
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by popesam1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
7footre:

You don't need that! Just spread her nyash if d anus is black, bleaching is involved
Lol! Thumb up to u. You just exposed those that bleach
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by tico1212(m): 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
You go fear dem na...

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by diva90: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
That Egyptian milk was the biggest scam ever. Babes were dropping as much as N50k and more on cream that they weren't sure would do anything. Bleaching their lives away at any cost... Low self esteem na bad thing sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by HaneefahRN(f): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
This bleaching menace is something else. I just can't fully wrap my head round it. From the so called yeyebrities to the teenage girl selling pepper in the street. One of my juniors in school back then was greeting me a couple of months back, I couldn't recognize the face again. While travelling looking
from angle to angle lots of people with various bleached skin are evident. Some even bleach for their children. They want to fit in to the media's standard of beauty which involves you being white or at least fair. A woman had an injury yesterday while alighting from the bus, an injury that shouldn't be so serious, got her skin torn and bleeding so much. It all boils down to self hate, and low self esteem. Nothing seems to be working in Nigeria so many fake and harmful products going round right under NAFDAC's nose. And the bleaching product business is a very sure one so it's expected.

Anyway, we all have our lives to live.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
julioralph:
angry
ladies pls maintain your God given colour, thx
no bleaching
can u guys just stop d "ladies" tin? if u want 2 advise pls do it generally cos i know of guys who do bleech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheSunSon:
Truth is Nafdac makes it hard to get legal,esp for small manufacturers,by the time they finish with you even when requirements are met eh...

they don't even manufacture anything. they just mix shyte together.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by 7footre(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
popesam1:

Lol! Thumb up to u. You just exposed those that bleach
Lols where is ma prize?
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:

These agencies should perform their duties... and funny enough,these products are quite expensive. The ones they say are organic... 20k...35k..60k...minimum 10k...Lol

Hmm...Nigeria!
my dear, peep into the fashion section even if you are not on IG and see them advertise.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by julioralph(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
gloria34:
can u guys just stop d "ladies" tin? if u want 2 advise pls do it generally cos i know of guys who do bleech.
lol Sister no vexx.

yea right, some guys do bleach

but na girls plenty pass
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by popesam1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
7footre:
Lols where is ma prize?
PM me but na u go give me something
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
Joavid:

my dear, peep into the fashion section even if you are not on IG and see them advertise.

Funny enough,I subscribed to a couple of their BBM channels... all claiming their products are totally organic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rachel Edjeren Haunted By Indian Hair She Fixed / Amazing Makeup Transformation / Ladies, Would You Rock This Outfit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.