Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,546 members, 7,861,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:00 PM

Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari (20601 Views)

Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / Malami: "EFCC Recovered $2tn From Looters In 12 Years" / Pictures Of Looters In Nigeria/ Before And After Karma... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by henryutd(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2016
Ops, be reasonable for once. So, if you were Buhari, you will beam your search light on Amechi, Fashola and Tinubu. The people that spent their time and resources available to them for you to be in Power?

They born you well at all? No matter how serious the fight is. Touch not my anointed and do my sponsors no harm. Buhari 14:32 (NKJV)

1 Like

Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2016
ayindejimmy:

lets be honest wit ourselves, is it Buhari's duty to probe governors? Did he commence the probe of any Pdp governor in this admin? The ppl under probe r those at the Federal level during past admin. If Acn, Anpp or Cpc had participated in Gej's govt they wuld av been probe too. If Pdp ever wins Election again, now they knw wat to do. It's better 4 the common man that way.
No, friend. Buhari doesn't need to tell the EFCC to commence the probe of any official before it is done. The EFCC acts on petitions and many petitions have been sent to the agency accusing many of those serving in this government of massive corruption. I am sure you remember the ministerial brouhaha? The allegations against many chieftains of the APC were simply overlooked.

1 Like

Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Doyin2(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2016
BushidoBlue:
I don't now why Nigerians are so stubborn...
Before election we warned you guys that the economy would regress under an APC led administration....

You didn't listen, you voted them in.

Now we are telling you the next phase which
Is the destruction of opposition and the creation of one party state fed by minions in a regulated opposition.

You guys won't hear again, well we have spoken...

Personally I'm tired of telling people the obvious truth they are too blinded by pride, hate or ignorance to see..

Enjoy the next three years of this man's farce of national leadership

Although this is not the subject of discuss,but I need to educate people like you:

None of the the current state of the economy in terms of black market forex rate, fuel scarcity,epileptic power supply,etc can be blamed on the present administration.

For 16 years ,Nigeria was importing fuel and you expect an APC government to fix the oil sector in 9 months!

For 16 years,Nigeria spent trillions of naira on electric power without substantial result,and you expect APC government to fix power in 9 months!

For 16 years we enjoyed a relative high revenue from oil and now that the oil(our major source of Dollar supply) price has crashed,you expect the Naira not to crash.What happens to the simple law of demand and supply?

I cannot remember APC promising to fix all these atrocities in 9 months!

Further enlightenment would be done on a more appropriate subject matter.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by abu99err(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2016
humans are the most complicated beings! we had a former president that did not do much about Corruption some Nigerians complained and tagged him "clueless, ineffectual, weak, drunk, corrupt" etc, then a new president is elected who said "if Nigerians don't kill corruption corruption will kill Nigeria" which the majority of Nigerians will agree with, the most amazing thing is the EFCC ICPC seems to have re-realised why it was setup and are up and doing it's job, the Courts are not left out we now hear bail of 1 billion 400 million etc unlike the perpetual injunctions which the Courts use to place on EFCC. well the president has said several times that he is going to fight corruption to a stand still or at least reduce it to the barest minimum, you'll think that all Nigerians should be happy with the current fight against corruption but no! some Nigerians are upset with the President and call him names like "daulard, wicked, pretender, bigot, dictator, hypocrite" etc..
so my questions are

1. what do Nigerians want in respect to the fight against corruption

2. do you think the EFCC and ICPC has the capacity to probably all past and present Government officials from 1960 to date

3. how should the fight against corruption be carried out? is it from federal to the local government, local to federal or the fight against corruption should be discontinued

4. If you are the president how would you tackle corruption I'm Nigeria

5. if you are the chairman of EFCC or ICPC how would you charge corruption politicians to court? is it all the politicians at once, you do it in batches or you don't charge any to court.

this questions are for the so called Wailers, Zombies and maybe IPOB members.

instead of coming here to insult one another why now profer solutions to our general problems?

discussions in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3000503/how-should-corruption-tackled

1 Like

Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by noblegrex: 11:18am On Mar 20, 2016
bejeiodus:
The Buhari administration fight against corruption will remain a fight against opposition voices until the searchlight is beamed on his party stalwarts. There are names within the fold of his party whose bodies ooze corruption.
o boy.you guyz should shine your eyes.this people that are shouting has a vestive interest.although, I don't know if you've got. Its a very good thing if they make noise as this will stand as check and balance for this administration but I want you guys to use your brains. Those fools wanted to turn peoples' attention away from PDP. PMB still has more than 3yrs to spend.he hasn't stop his prob for corrupt people. My question is; are those PDP members not corrupt.those idiots taking side of PDP are gaining some benefits from them and you too you're wailing with them.what's your benefit.they know what they're.do you know what you're doing. You had better not be deceived by this politicians.. If PMB probed PDP,ehn let another PDP governmet probe APC when its their time.simple.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2016
olalat:
Yours is a case of a house boy who over estimate himself thinking his master could not do things without him. Who knows you? I doubt if buhari knows u exist.
Please, abdicate from attacking the speaker and attack the message. Be sagacious in your actions.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by noblegrex: 11:22am On Mar 20, 2016
bejeiodus:
The Buhari administration fight against corruption will remain a fight against opposition voices until the searchlight is beamed on his party stalwarts. There are names within the fold of his party whose bodies ooze corruption.
o boy.you guyz should shine your eyes.this people that are shouting has a vestive interest.although, I don't know if you've got. Its a very good thing if they make noise as this will stand as check and balance for this administration but I want you guys to use your brains. Those fools wanted to turn peoples' attention away from PDP. PMB still has more than 3yrs to spend.he hasn't stop his prob for corrupt people. My question is; are those PDP members not corrupt.those idiots taking side of PDP are gaining some benefits from them and you too you're wailing with them.what's your benefit.they know what they're saying.do you know what you're saying? You had better not be deceived by this politicians.. If PMB probed PDP,ehn let another PDP governmet probe APC when its their time.simple.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Wadeoye(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2016
Barayeks:
Lol.... 'They don't probe parties... They probe individuals -Efcc', but all the 'individuals' probed so far are from party

Because the party was the one in power for 16 years at federal level.

Abi, which other party would the looters in Abuja have come? APGA?
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by ODUBEZE: 11:51am On Mar 20, 2016
michiyke2003:
Nigerians,please allow papa buhari to concentrate on his official duty,too much of talk against him may lead him on taking a decision that will mean no good to our country.
na there you dey, Nigerians don leave you behind.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by gordii(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
True observation. But let's admit it, there's nowhere in the world where you see a completely corrupt free government, there's always going to be the bad elements. Now about Nigeria, saying PMB should probe everybody is saying he should work alone in his administration, the corruption in Nigeria was a system-wide one. I dare anyone here to name a politician in Nigeria that had no taint of corruption at all on their hands. I remember reading somewhere before his swearing in when PMB said he won't run after the corrupt folks, but just make sure it's not carried over to his own administration, but with the unfortuate crippling of our economy due to the fall of crude price, coupled with the critical financial situation when he came in, he had no option than to look within to make serious policies like the TSA and also try to recover some looted funds and, even then, he never witch-hunted anyone..he gave an open door to whoever knows he/she was involved in looting to simply return the loot, and a lot of people complied (including the APC men and some PDP strong men)...that is why not everyone is being chased here and there, not even everyone in PDP..some of the APC guys in his carbinet returned under low radar(I even heard someone as strong politically as Baba too quickly returned some and cleared himself)..The open probing or non probing of some of the strong men on-going is as a result of shear stubbornness...I remember some free ones now even vowed not to return anything until things heated up before they complied. (Why do you think these larger-than-necessary bailing bills are being employed?... It's just saying "if you don't refund your loot, we'll get it one way or the other). honestly I think what PMB wants is the looted funds and not some opposition to chase around...I think he prefers to fly around the globe than chase people around..lol. That brings me to my own concern...I once supported his flying to the top developed countries as a diplomatic strategy of making pacts to help return looted funds and strike useful agreements as to how the economy will grow, but of late he's been travelling even to the nearby irrelevant nations (due respect though)...I don't see how that helps with the very many issues on ground in the country right now. He needs to sit down with his carbinet members and professional economic strategists to make serious decisions that will help grow and stabilise the economy. The recovered funds are being used for what exactly? Enough of the numerous trips, he has to sit down at home and take care of things like a man should...enough time has been given..will be a year already, in less than two months...so far so good, I believe we're getting there. One Nigeria..one love
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Barayeks(m): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Wadeoye:

Because the party was the one in power for 16 years at federal level.

Abi, which other party would the looters in Abuja have come? APGA?

More than half of those looters from abuja who contributed greatly to the decay in the last 16years are now saints because they decamped to APC....... Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
I keep telling those dumbfucks this, but they are too blind to see...

dammytosh:
Is Saraki in PDP ?

if APC jail all PDP rogues and PDP get their chance and jail APC rogues too.

In how many years time Nigeria will be free of corruption.

Imagine if all APC thieves including Tinubu have been jailed during PDP era, instead of using them to negotiate for another term probably because stealing was not corruption then
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Mccullum: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
gorillas won't stop making cooking useless write up while co-gorillas will support it.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by FLYFIRE(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pennsylvania:

Saraki's issue is personal, the leadership of APC didn't want him to be the Senate President because they still saw and are still seeing him as a PDP member, even the deputy Senate President is PDP and Saraki is still very popular among PDP senators and House of Rep members, that's why.
And also remember that Saraki's father chaired the committe that discovered the $2. 8B buhari stole & hid in his Midland bank account.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by FLYFIRE(m): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
Wadeoye:
Stupid statement.

Who is to be probed if not PDP? Was APC the ruling party?

Buhari should leave the rogues who looted trillions and start chasing APC governors and local government chairmen?

Is this not what you want? Yeye people.

Buahri carry go and jail all the rogues. Finally the dumbo (GEJ) should be arrested and jailed as well.

If you can muster the courage, google "How Buhari ran PTF" OSHI
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by locosis007(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
MY ISSUES WITH THIS ANTI CORRUPTION WAR IS THAT IT HAS HITHERTO CONVICTED ANY BODY ... TOO SLOW ND INEFFECTIVE... AM MOT CONCERN WETHER IS PARTY THIS PARTY THAT.. CONVICTION FIRST!!! ODAS FOLLOW!!
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Doyin2(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
locosis007:
MY ISSUES WITH THIS ANTI CORRUPTION WAR IS THAT IT HAS HITHERTO CONVICTED ANY BODY ... TOO SLOW ND INEFFECTIVE... AM MOT CONCERN WETHER IS PARTY THIS PARTY THAT.. CONVICTION FIRST!!! ODAS FOLLOW!!

I share your concern.But Democracy is different from military rule.

Can't you observe that the accused persons are using the loopholes in the judicial system to delay justice?There is nothing EFCC can do about the deliberate delay tactics.

For AFRICA,quote me anywhere,Corruption is best fought under dictatorship!

Ghana is a typical case study,thanks to General Rawlings....
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by toniok: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
locosis007:

My brother, conviction is not in the hands of PMB. It is the judiciary that will convict.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by luke10: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
michiyke2003:
Nigerians,please allow papa buhari to concentrate on his official duty,too much of talk against him may lead him on taking a decision that will mean no good to our country.
very senseless.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by luke10: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
michiyke2003:
highly senseless.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
noblegrex:
o boy.you guyz should shine your eyes.this people that are shouting has a vestive interest.although, I don't know if you've got. Its a very good thing if they make noise as this will stand as check and balance for this administration but I want you guys to use your brains. Those fools wanted to turn peoples' attention away from PDP. PMB still has more than 3yrs to spend.he hasn't stop his prob for corrupt people. My question is; are those PDP members not corrupt.those idiots taking side of PDP are gaining some benefits from them and you too you're wailing with them.what's your benefit.they know what they're.do you know what you're doing. You had better not be deceived by this politicians.. If PMB probed PDP,ehn let another PDP governmet probe APC when its their time.simple.
I am not against the probe of corrupt politicians. What I am against is the lopsided nature of the probe. Every one should be made to account for their stewardship while in power. Or else, our nation is no better than Orwellian Animal Farm where some animals are more equal than others.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by noblegrex: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
bejeiodus:
I am not against the probe of corrupt politicians. What I am against is the lopsided nature of the probe. Every one should be made to account for their stewardship while in power. Or else, our nation is no better than Orwellian Animal Farm where some animals are more equal than others.
ahah.mr animal farm. But I think if it has been this way,our politicians will be more afaraid of looting. It may sound or looked like loopsidedness in the pursuit but in actual fact all of them will be afraid. Although I may not be in support of the loopsidedness but if that's how it is then, I think its good. APC should probe PDP and when PDP gets there,they should also probe APC like that and it goes on.I think its better that way.atleast
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by prof12(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
We are dealing with thieves that stole in our future billions, money that was made for you and I, our brothers and sisters, our children.
Everyone has is own time. So take a chill pill and keep on watching.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by Mekuze24: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Is Buhari name of a person Animal place or thing?
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by OpinionCounts(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
mikolo80:
when pdp wins they should probe only apc members simple

which country in the world has made any significant progress using this your strategy
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by mikolo80: 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
OpinionCounts:

which country in the world has made any significant progress using this your strategy
which country has made any significant progress not doing anything at all about corruption?
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by mikolo80: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
OpinionCounts:

which country has made any significant progress not doing anything at all about corruption?chairman half bread is better than puff puff. once each party knows it will be probed. they will loot less brazenly
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by OpinionCounts(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
mikolo80:
which country has made any significant progress not doing anything at all about corruption?chairman half bread is better than puff puff. once each party knows it will be probed. they will loot less brazenly

lol @puff puff smiley . My dear I get your point but my fear is your strategy will make the political environment a war zone, the battle we see now will be nothing compared to what we will see then, because the parties involved know the consequence of them loosing(death sentence), politics will become terribly bloody and a win by all means game(worse than what we witness presently), i believe it is why war breaks out after elections in some countries. Remember there is no politician without fault, with the proposed strategy they could dig out even the slightest insignificant fault to punish you just because you are not in the ruling party.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by mikolo80: 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
OpinionCounts:

lol @puff puff smiley . My dear I get your point but my fear is your strategy will make the political environment a war zone, the battle we see now will be nothing compared to what we will see then, because the parties involved know the consequence of them loosing(death sentence), politics will become terribly bloody and a win by all means game(worse than what we witness presently), i believe it is why war breaks out after elections in some countries. Remember there is no politician without fault, with the proposed strategy they could dig out even the slightest insignificant fault to punish you just because you are not in the ruling party.
Bros politics has always been war albeit by peaceful means. we can do it the hard way(selective turn by turn probing and politicians killing themselves with few innocent bystanders) or the harder way(all out insurrection with greater loss of life starvation once food stops being produced. ask Arab spring) . the choice is ours
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by OpinionCounts(m): 10:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
mikolo80:
Bros politics has always been war albeit by peaceful means. we can do it the hard way(selective turn by turn probing and politicians killing themselves with few innocent bystanders) or the harder way(all out insurrection with greater loss of life starvation once food stops being produced. ask Arab spring) . the choice is ours

I think you are right, it is a lesser evil.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by TijaniAbu: 1:09am On Mar 21, 2016
Nigerians voted Buhari in to wipe out his brethren Boko Haram. They have gone from strength to strength. Buhari is not fighting corruption, he is fighting his perceived enemies. Buhari cannot tell the nation what he did with our money from May 29 2015 to October 1 2015. He cannot explain how his wife wears a watch worth half of his declared assets. But God loves Nigeria, Buhari's end will not be good.
Re: Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari by mikolo80: 1:20am On Mar 21, 2016
OpinionCounts:

I think you are right, it is a lesser evil.
thats all i'm saying.not perfect,not good but waaaaaayy better n what we had with pdp for last 60 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flood In Isoko Communities, Delta / Nigeria Has No Alternative To Buhari Now – NUPENG / Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.