Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! - Pets (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (122044 Views)

Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / Dog Lovers In Nigeria: Your Very Own Dog Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by yomadeadeniran: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2012
Nyc 1 wink
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by yomadeadeniran: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2012
Wanna buy a German Shepherd puppy. Call 08065315662
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2012
i need a gsd (slantback) pls someone should get to me @ olasojix@gmail.com
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by whizjay(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hi.......i'm thinking of getting a pure breed caucasian, male.........how big do they grow Dog lovers you can add me on 2go with ''wizzyjohn2''
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by zeongeon: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Where can I get a pure breed great dane
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please see poster, Great Danes cost a fortune but they are more like horses than dogs!

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
wat dreamers u can get a great dane for less than $500 +shipping, keep ur dog in ur kennle tongue
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by henry007(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
soji_wee: wat dreamers u can get a great dane for less than $500 +shipping, keep ur dog in ur kennle tongue
clearly a scam
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by zeongeon: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
How can I get a greatdane via shipping I need advice and ideas on hw to go about it
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
soji_wee: wat dreamers u can get a great dane for less than $500 +shipping, keep ur dog in ur kennle tongue
Even a rott puppy goes for 500 euro, shippin cost like 1000 euro and this ya comment .......pls give facts.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2013
U can buy U̶̲̥̅̊я dogs from over seas for less than $500 and ship tru DHL and UPS
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Guys

Please do the research b4 saying what you don't know!

100% Full Breed Great Dane (From UK cause AKC standard is not the same) £1000 each however a big Male dog due the stud fees he can earn can reach up to £2000
but its not necessary to buy this type of dog for a pet.
Purchase dogs at 12 - 16 weeks UK do not vaccinate dogs against rabies until 6mths and to import a dog into Nigeria from the UK you must have a rabies shot
done and then wait for an additional month before shipping.
During this time these dogs have to be kept in a quarantine kennel which cost about £25 per day.
Shipping for Great Danes at this age cost a fortune cause they are heavy and huge! A heavy male can cost £4000 to ship!
Then they may not survive the trip or as others have mentioned due their weak heart some don't acclimatise and die cause people don't know how to manage them.
They eat on average 2 bags of dry food + 2 kg of petmince a week = 2 x 8kg bags = 10K pet mince 2k
So sincerely don't be fooled into thinking this is a simple process.
All dogs have actually been reserved no funds have been taken but all homes have been reviewed and their ability to cater for the dogs confirmed.
Actually 2 will be going to homes for free cause their owners are more capable than others that have offered us the money!
This is not a business and there is no profits involved but to house these pups in homes that can financially manage the cost and physically manage
the taking care of the dogs is our reason for pricing them like this.
Only people that have tried to ship them in and failed or people that really know the breed understand their value!

2 Likes

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
am talking about US not uk
dogs are affordable and easy to ship tongue uk tins are always hard
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by zeongeon: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
Any one who can help me get a full breed great dane should pls drop there contacts
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ soji_wee cheaper and easier is not always better value! American Great Danes are very inbreed due to
the small amount of the breed that initially was brought over to the US therefore they are not considered pure Great Danes by any reputable breeder and they have all sorts of health problems that result in your spending more on vet bills than you would on your kids medical bills. Also it is much better for the dog to wait in the UK until they are 100% ready and vaccinated against rabies they are heavier to ship but the have a better chance of surviving at that age. I would prefer that to cutting corners on cost and having a dead dog arrive in Lagos and this happens more times than you realise. All I would say to anyone considering a Great Dane is unless you have a substantial disposable income and you have the time to commit to training and exercising them please for your sake buy something smaller and less troublesome. Labradors do well here in Nigeria as do Rottweiler's but as a mum of 3 I would never have a dog like that near my kids.
I am happy to help anyone looking for a dog and advise them as best I can, its nice that having pets is returning to Nigeria its good for Kids to be around animals and maybe if we learn to treat the animals better we will see how badly we treat each other!
Have a great weekend
PS I will try and post pics of our Danes so you can really appreciate their size.

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
lagosruby: @ soji_wee cheaper and easier is not always better value! American Great Danes are very inbreed due to
the small amount of the breed that initially was brought over to the US therefore they are not considered pure Great Danes by any reputable breeder and they have all sorts of health problems that result in your spending more on vet bills than you would on your kids medical bills. Also it is much better for the dog to wait in the UK until they are 100% ready and vaccinated against rabies they are heavier to ship but the have a better chance of surviving at that age. I would prefer that to cutting corners on cost and having a dead dog arrive in Lagos and this happens more times than you realise. All I would say to anyone considering a Great Dane is unless you have a substantial disposable income and you have the time to commit to training and exercising them please for your sake buy something smaller and less troublesome. Labradors do well here in Nigeria as do Rottweiler's but as a mum of 3 I would never have a dog like that near my kids.
I am happy to help anyone looking for a dog and advise them as best I can, its nice that having pets is returning to Nigeria its good for Kids to be around animals and maybe if we learn to treat the animals better we will see how badly we treat each other!
Have a great weekend
PS I will try and post pics of our Danes so you can really appreciate their size.
Bros you seems to know alot about this breed o,lol well do you have any link on how to adopt rott or pit bull from the US? I need this breeds o
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2013
gowaga68:
Bros you seems to know alot about this breed o,lol well do you have any link on how to adopt rott or pit bull from the US? I need this breeds o
Unfortunately I have no connections in the US and you could easily find both breeds in UK for adoption. But I would plead with you not to consider a pitbull!
They are too unpredictable and difficult to train.

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2013
hello @lagosruby are u a breeder?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by zeongeon: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2013
@Lagosruby can I get your contact
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
soji_wee: hello @lagosruby are u a breeder?
Not really! just have grown up
in a Stud Farm and we had a number of dogs of various different breeds that Dad just liked to have
around the house.
So its more a passion and not a business. My mum used to show our dogs professionally so I guess
I learnt from her.

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
redlexib@gmail.com
zeongeon: @Lagosruby can I get your contact
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
lagosruby:
Unfortunately I have no connections in the US and you could easily find both breeds in UK for adoption. But I would plead with you not to consider a pitbull!
They are too unpredictable and difficult to train.
I understand it's an unpredictable breed but i really want it or rott. Okay how is it possible to adopt a pup of either of the breed in the Uk?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lagosruby: 9:07am On Jan 14, 2013
gowaga68:
I understand it's an unpredictable breed but i really want it or rott. Okay how is it possible to adopt a pup of either of the breed in the Uk?
Yes its very possible as many family's will buy them and not be able to handle or train them. As I really don't support the introduction of Pit Bulls into
Nigeria I will help in anyway I can re the Rots. I happy to help give you advise re shipping either breed but again would beg you to stay away from the
Pitbull!
Try http://www.rottweilerrescuetrust.co.uk/dynamic/contents.php?filename=DogsInOurCare.htm
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/dogsforsale!openform&Breed=Rottweiler
The first site handles only adoption of Rottweiler Dogs, normally dogs have passed the "Puppy" stage so would be over 1 but under 2. Be careful not to adopt
a dog that's been mistreated as its hard to fix a dog after an abusive home they won't be a nice pet.
Also regardless as to whether you are buying a pup or adopting you must not say you are travelling back to Nigeria. You need to have friends or family in the
uk that will help you very few breeders will ever agree to shipping Dogs here!
Once you get the Adopted Rot get them Rabies Vaccinated and find a boarding kennel for 1 mth so they can have a blood test taken to prove they are protected
against Rabies. It will probably cost you about £1500 for shipping and there are 2 or 3 companies that ship to Lagos most use BA as Virgin don't bring livestock
and Air France or KLM don't offer the service when departing from the UK.
Let me know if I can offer anymore support. Kind regards Lexib

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lordiyke: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
how can i get pure breed rot rilly wanna buy
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lordiyke: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
i have a very good male caucatian milki colour ready for crosing
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
lagosruby:
Yes its very possible as many family's will buy them and not be able to handle or train them. As I really don't support the introduction of Pit Bulls into
Nigeria I will help in anyway I can re the Rots. I happy to help give you advise re shipping either breed but again would beg you to stay away from the
Pitbull!
Try http://www.rottweilerrescuetrust.co.uk/dynamic/contents.php?filename=DogsInOurCare.htm
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/dogsforsale!openform&Breed=Rottweiler
The first site handles only adoption of Rottweiler Dogs, normally dogs have passed the "Puppy" stage so would be over 1 but under 2. Be careful not to adopt
a dog that's been mistreated as its hard to fix a dog after an abusive home they won't be a nice pet.
Also regardless as to whether you are buying a pup or adopting you must not say you are travelling back to Nigeria. You need to have friends or family in the
uk that will help you very few breeders will ever agree to shipping Dogs here!
Once you get the Adopted Rot get them Rabies Vaccinated and find a boarding kennel for 1 mth so they can have a blood test taken to prove they are protected
against Rabies. It will probably cost you about £1500 for shipping and there are 2 or 3 companies that ship to Lagos most use BA as Virgin don't bring livestock
and Air France or KLM don't offer the service when departing from the UK.
Let me know if I can offer anymore support. Kind regards Lexib
That's nice o, can't anything be done regarding the shipment,as in are there any other afforedable means? And for the adoption what would be the fee like along side all and all being with someone for one month as said above.
Nice work bro.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dapsondou(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
lord iyke: how can i get pure breed rot rilly wanna buy

Where do u stay? I stay in ibadan and u can get it for 75k

2 Likes

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by johnwisdom10(m): 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
please i need a red or blue nose pitbull from u.s. please can u tell me how to get her to naija cos i live in naija.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by johnwisdom10(m): 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
please i need red or blue nose pitbull from u.s. can u tel me how get her from one of my seller to naija.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
dapsondou:

Where do u stay? I stay in ibadan and u can get it for 75k
Nice one upload them pics and papers.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
@lagosruby my guy i lent shipping from Germany to Nigeria doesnt require extra fee as long as the person is coming down here, if so kindly shade more light to it please,i sent you mail but you no reply o.

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by johnwisdom10(m): 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
please anybody that ship dog to nigeria cos i wanna buy dog my number is 08101972337

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Idemili Python Visited My Site, This Year Will Be Great (Photos) / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.