Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! - Pets (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (122019 Views)

Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / Dog Lovers In Nigeria: Your Very Own Dog Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
johnwisdom10: please anybody that ship dog to nigeria cos i wanna buy dog my number is 08101972337
what breed do you want?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by lmosak(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
i have some puppies for sale @ a very good and give away price,: S/Beorbeal @60k, Pitbull@40k, Rott@60k, Adult: Rott@150k and samoyard@30k my contacts are 2348022399259, 08052135295, 08023831484 07033304000

2 Likes

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dapsondou(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
gowaga68:
Nice one upload them pics and papers.

I will ask the owner cos im not the owner for the pictures and paper. When do you need the dog? male or female?

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by henry007(m): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2013
lmosak: i have some puppies for sale @ a very good and give away price,: S/Beorbeal @60k, Pitbull@40k, Rott@60k, Adult: Rott@150k and samoyard@30k my contacts are 2348022399259, 08052135295, 08023831484 07033304000
pictures pls!
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chukkynwob(m): 1:35am On Feb 01, 2013
gowaga68:
what breed do you want?

Belgian Malinois 08037583234
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
dapsondou:

I will ask the owner cos im not the owner for the pictures and paper. When do you need the dog? male or female?
i will prefer to see before anything can be done.
I am having a 17 months old female rot from Serbia that maybe coming in soon.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dapsondou(m): 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
gowaga68:
i will prefer to see before anything can be done.
I am having a 17 months old female rot from Serbia that maybe coming in soon.

Okay. I will get the picture. Do you want a male or a female rott?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 12:01am On Feb 03, 2013
dapsondou:

Okay. I will get the picture. Do you want a male or a female rott?
Both would be fine by me.but any how you sha!
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gbengabas(m): 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
I have some german Shepard puppies for sale @25k both male and female. Here is my contact 08137790717

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
gbengabas: I have some german Shepard puppies for sale @25k both male and female. Here is my contact 08137790717
can I see pictures pls of d puppies and bitch, really interested @olasojix@yahoo.com
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by gowaga68: 8:08am On Feb 04, 2013
soji_wee: can I see pictures pls of d puppies and bitch, really interested @olasojix@yahoo.com
if he post pics of the dam and bitch then we all know they are for real.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by yvy1(f): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
I'm interested in getting an Australian terrier, if anybody has or breeds.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by fyneboi79(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
[quote author=Seun]I've created this thread as a place where you can introduce your pet dog.

My first dog was a cross between an Alsatian and what we know as the 'local breed'. I named [I]him[/I] 'Jack', of course tongue. But he ran away 2 days before the day he was scheduled to be sold: he used to make a lot of noise at night, trying to find a way to leave the house to mate with female dogs in heat. Jack is the only dog I ever regarded as "mine": I was his primary care-giver, and I was about 10 years old. He hardly ever barked at anybody; he preferred to play all the time!

Our current dogs are named 'Billy' and 'Shermin'. Both of them are castrated males. Shermin is Billy's son-in-law. Billy had a sister called 'Nala' who mated with an Alsatian-mongrel (like Jack) and gave birth to 3 puppies in our house. Shermin was one of them. You cannot enter our compound if our dogs have not been secured in their cage. Unlike Jack the playful, Billy and Shermin dogs will bark at your, scratch you, and bite you, regardless of who is with you when they see you.

As far as I am concerned, Billy and Shermin are my sister's dogs. She named them (she's better at naming pets!) and when she's at home she does the hard work of keeping them clean. The food they eat is specially prepared white rice with boiled fish and no stew. They don't eat rice with stew in

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by vet707(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
Pedigree Samoyed puppies for sale @ N45,000. Call 08023902387

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chukkynwob(m): 11:32am On Feb 21, 2013
My dogs

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by henry007(m): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
vet707: Pedigree Samoyed puppies for sale @ N45,000. Call 08023902387
can they go for 35?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dasparrow: 7:33am On Feb 22, 2013
vet707: Pedigree Samoyed puppies for sale @ N45,000. Call 08023902387

They are so cute. How does one maintain that cute white fur though? And what other dog breed do you have or sell?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by vet707(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ henry007, the dogs can't go any lesser.
@ dasparrow, the basic rule is to groom the dog & provide a good-plane of nutrition. At the moment, these are the dogs I have but can get any one you desire from reputable breeders. Buzz me so that we can talk better.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by henry007(m): 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
dasparrow:

They are so cute. How does one maintain that cute white fur though? And what other dog breed do you have or sell?
its not fur, its actually hair and you bathe and brush it once/twice a week and youre good to go smiley
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by vet707(m): 12:08am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chukkynwob(m): 12:18am On Feb 24, 2013
vet707: @ henry007, the price can't go any lesser.
@ dasparrow, the basic rule is to groom the dog & provide a good-plane of nutrition. At the moment, these are the dogs I have but can get any one you desire from reputable breeders. Buzz me so that we can talk better.

Can you help me with a female belgian malinois??
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by vet707(m): 7:18am On Feb 24, 2013
chukkynwob:

Can you help me with a female belgian malinois??

I can help. Pls give me a call.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
I need mongels puppy for 1k I want 2 anyone who has available should call me on 08136301957
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chukkynwob(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
soji_wee: I need mongels puppy for 1k I want 2 anyone who has available should call me on 08136301957
seriously? mongrels?
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by timbros(m): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2013
I love dogs but dont have one yet. Would like to know basics on dog-breeding then I can get one as a pet/guard. Which breed is best for a first timer?

Thanks for responses.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 26, 2013
chukkynwob:
seriously? mongrels?
Am serious or a mixed breed
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by xfabulous(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2013
Wow...been looking arnd for a thread like dis...thank goodness I found one...setting up a BBM group for Dog lovers...interested? Send me a message on pin:28B30C80 then I'll add u up...*wink*
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dasparrow: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
timbros: I love dogs but dont have one yet. Would like to know basics on dog-breeding then I can get one as a pet/guard. Which breed is best for a first timer?

Thanks for responses.

I did some research and found out that the best dog breed for a first time dog owner would be the golden retriever. The golden retriever is smart, friendly and great around children. They also make good guard dogs. Attached below are pictures of golden retrievers. If you live in Nigeria, you will have to find a dog breeder who can help you import one from Europe or South Africa because golden retrievers are not common in Nigeria.

Lastly, you will need to know the basics of proper dog care and ownership in order to be a good dog owner and not the basics of dog breeding. It costs a lot of money to breed dogs and you must know what you are doing least you put your female dog and her puppies' health and life at risk during labor and delivery. You don't need to breed dogs to get a pet dog who will also guard your house.

Also remember that dog ownership costs money and dogs must have a proper diet to stay healthy and thrive. If you know you can't provide your dog with a proper diet which consists of at least 70% meat and bones along with eggs, vegetables, rice and some fish and good veterinary care when needed, then it is best not to get a dog.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by breezy007(m): 10:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
Am in Need Of a Dog Not just Any Dog, A Dog That's Gonna Grow Very Big, i Mean Really Huge, it Should Be Either Russian Shepherd(caucasian) or German shepherd(alsatian) Pure Breed…. I will Have to See pictures of the Parents to Verify the Size, and the Puppy Must have a Good Appetite and Good Bark. If You Think your a Breeder and Your Dogs Can Make the Quality Signify Please, So we'll Discuss…
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chukkynwob(m): 1:35am On Feb 27, 2013
dasparrow:

I did some research and found out that the best dog breed for a first time dog owner would be the golden retriever. The golden retriever is smart, friendly and great around children. They also make good guard dogs. Attached below are pictures of golden retrievers. If you live in Nigeria, you will have to find a dog breeder who can help you import one from Europe or South Africa because golden retrievers are not common in Nigeria.

Lastly, you will need to know the basics of proper dog care and ownership in order to be a good dog owner and not the basics of dog breeding. It costs a lot of money to breed dogs and you must know what you are doing least you put your female dog and her puppies' health and life at risk during labor and delivery. You don't need to breed dogs to get a pet dog who will also guard your house.

Also remember that dog ownership costs money and dogs must have a proper diet to stay healthy and thrive. If you know you can't provide your dog with a proper diet which consists of at least 70% meat and bones along with eggs, vegetables, rice and some fish and good veterinary care when needed, then it is best not to get a dog.

All the best!

Ditto,it costs me about 20,000 naira to feed my dogs monthly. If you don't love dogs don't own any it takes a huge deal of commitment to properly take care of dogs.
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by dasparrow: 7:19am On Feb 27, 2013
chukkynwob:

Ditto,it costs me about 20,000 naira to feed my dogs monthly. If you don't love dogs don't own any it takes a huge deal of commitment to properly take care of dogs.

Very well said!
Re: Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! by chucky234(m): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2013
I need good female caucasian puppy at a reasonable price,if you got one then hook me up with your price and pics

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Idemili Python Visited My Site, This Year Will Be Great (Photos) / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.