Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here (6487 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Is God Literally Made Of Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by oyeludef(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

http://www.gotquestions.org/great-white-throne-judgment.html
Someone like you and i put it there. Many of the answers in got questions are usually wrong
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
oyeludef:
Someone like you and i put it there. Many of the answers in got questions are usually wrong

I dont like replying with really long posts , so I gave you a link that explained your question .

No one is denying that some of their posts are wrong but in this case , they answered your question in line with the OP
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by paschu: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are making an error here bro . If you see Yahweh as higher in rank then you have three different gods each having different ranks - that's heretical . Remember to uphold the truth of the trinity , you have to understand that they are one in every aspect - divinity , rank , glory , honour , supremacy etc .

This excerpt offered the best explanation

The reference you gave was in response to the first scripture but it says nothing about the second scripture. In that second SCRIPTURE the Bible says the (GLORIFIED) Son will also be subject to God (the soverign Father). I'm sure you saw that. I kind of find it funny that you want me to uphold a man's theory even when it clearly contradicts the scripture.

And talking about three gods, there is absolutely nothing to fear in that, reason being that the Bible itself recognizes that there are in fact MANY gods but we have and recognize only one Soveriegn God (just remember that the word "God" is an attribute and does not mean THE NAME OF A SINGLE ENTITY). See 1 Cor. 8:5-6

5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,"

6  "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
paschu:

The reference you gave was in response to the first scripture but it says nothing about the second scripture. In that second SCRIPTURE the Bible says the (GLORIFIED) Son will also be subject to God (the soverign Father). I'm sure you saw that. I kind of find it funny that you want me to uphold a man's theory even when it clearly contradicts the scripture.

And talking about three gods, there is absolutely nothing to fear in that, reason being that the Bible itself recognizes that there are in fact MANY gods but we have and recognize only one Soveriegn God (just remember that the word "God" is an attribute and does not mean THE NAME OF A SINGLE ENTITY). See 1 Cor. 8:5-6

5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,"

6  "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Are you Jehovah witness ?

You do realise that anything short of equality of divinity , power , authority , majesty , glory etc means they are different gods . They are all one and can be addressed collectively - as seen with "Father" - since they are three but one .

If you dont believe Jesus is God ... who then is he ?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by paschu: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you Jehovah witness ?

You do realise that anything short of equality of divinity , power , authority , majesty , glory etc means they are different gods . They are all one and can be addressed collectively - as seen with "Father" - since they are three but one .

If you dont believe Jesus is God ... who then is he ?

It seems you are NOT paying attention to my comments. I did not say that Jesus is not God. I said that the Bible teaches that the Son is not equal to the Father and there's no way to prove that he is without contradicting scriptures.

And, by the way, if you are such a staunch believer in the existence of just one God, what then is that thing you have as your signature? Or are you equal to the Father too?

Until you understand that GOD is an ATTRIBUTE that reffers to a COLLECTIVE NATURE and NOT the name of YAWH your theory will remain just that, human theory, without any scriptural backing. That Jesus is not eqaul to the father does not make him less a God. And am not ashamed to admit that I don't know how and if he ever originiated from any source or not. Such knowdge is too lofty for me and you. That's why Paul (after getting raptured into the third heaven) talked about hearing stuffs that are NOT lawful for any man to talk about. That's why Daniel and Apostle John were both instructed to seal up parts of the stuffs that were revealed to them.

Let's quit trying to help GOD. He is more than alsufficient.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
paschu:

It seems you are NOT paying attention to my comments. I did not say that Jesus is not God. I said that the Bible teaches that the Son is not equal to the Father and there's no way to prove that he is without contradicting scriptures.

Until you understand that GOD is an ATTRIBUTE that reffers to a COLLECTIVE NATURE and NOT the name of YAWH your theory will remain just that, human theory, without any scriptural backing. That Jesus is not eqaul to the father does not make him less a God. And am not ashamed to admit that I don't know how and if he ever originiated from any source or not. Such knowdge is too lofty for me and you. That's why Paul (after getting raptured into the third heaven) talked about hearing stuffs that are NOT lawful for any man to talk about. That's why Daniel and Apostle John were both instructed to seal up parts of the stuffs that were revealed to them.

Let's quit trying to help GOD. He is more than alsufficient.

You are contradicting yourself . If Jesus is not equal to the Father that makes them two different gods - you are now practicing tritheism cos apparently you feel same for the Holy Spirit .

Calm down and pay attention .

Jesus is not God’s Son and God is not His Father in the sense of a human father and a son. God is Jesus' Father and Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form. Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit .

Paul understood the above that's why wrote down those verses in reference to Christ on earth ! Christ was not equal to his "Father" because he was dual-natured - man and God and that limited his divinity sort of .

Jesus , in his life on earth was now subjected to the "Father" in relation to events that occurred prior to the beginning of his life as a human here on earth .

Yahweh , Jesus , Holy Spirit are all equal in power , authority , rank , supremacy etc

And, by the way, if you are such a staunch believer in the existence of just one God, what then is that thing you have as your signature? Or are you equal to the Father too?

Because there is only one God existing as three entities . My signature means that I am in the position of authority and power on earth
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by paschu: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are contradicting yourself . If Jesus is not equal to the Father that makes them two different gods - you are now practicing tritheism cos apparently you feel same for the Holy Spirit .

Calm down and pay attention .

Jesus is not God’s Son and God is not His Father in the sense of a human father and a son. God is Jesus' Father and Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form. Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit .

Paul understood the above that's why wrote down those verses in reference to Christ on earth ! Christ was not equal to his "Father" because he was dual-natured - man and God and that limited his divinity sort of .

Jesus , in his life on earth was now subjected to the "Father" in relation to events that occurred prior to the beginning of his life as a human here on earth .

Yahweh , Jesus , Holy Spirit are all equal in power , authority , rank , supremacy etc

Because there is only one God existing as three entities . My signature means that I am in the position of authority and power on earth

I do not wish to argue about this, but if you mean what you just said, then you should reserve the divine equality to the Word prior to his becoming flesh. Point being that both the Son and Jesus are terms that clearly reffer to a human entity that is subject to the Father in the scriptures. If (from your analogy) the humanity of Christ makes him subject to the divinity of the Father (even though, as you said, his divinity makes them both equal) it then means you should make this clear in all your discussions on the subject as is consistent with the Bible rather than giving the novices the notion that the MAN Jesus is equal to God the Father in EVERY way. I do not think that's scriptural. And you know you cannot provide scriptures that CLEARLY supports such assertions.

And yes, as at now, I think I would rather contradict myself than contradict the Bible.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are making an error here bro . If you see Yahweh as higher in rank then you have three different gods each having different ranks - that's heretical . Remember to uphold the truth of the trinity , you have to understand that they are one in every aspect - divinity , rank , glory , honour , supremacy etc .

This excerpt offered the best explanation

You should have refered to the name of that book and author. What I find interesting about him or her is that he believes that the father "is not the cause of the son's existence" - Line 8. That is a baseless claim.

Christ is God's word. How could He exist if God had not spoken? What then is your interpretation of John 1:1-
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Whose word are we talking about here^^^?

V.14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The fact that He is a son and God His father is a rank in itself. Jesus is a way - to His father!! He came in service to His father. If not He should have been God's brother. At the garden, His prayer was to His father, to take away the suffering He was about to face, because God had power over Him. Remember His reference to tempting God? He had no problem acknowledging God's power over Him, Even praying to Him. Everything He did was in service of God.

Arianism by the way is the belief(preached by one Arian) that Christ is not divine. That he's just a man that lived sometime and they didnt believe he ressurected. Kind of like Muslims. That is not what we are saying.

Back to the topic, does the Kingdom of God have an authoritative overall figure? A King? Hence a throne?
paschu:

I am not denying the divinity of Christ. I am only saying what the Bible teaches, which is the fact that even in divinity, there is what you may reffer to as heiarachy or ranks. And if you still want to insist that the Son is equal to the Father, how then would you explain the following scripture:
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

What is heretic (contrary to scripture I believe) about this?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:45am On Mar 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

You should have refered to the name of that book and author. What I find interesting about him or her is that he believes that the father "is not the cause of the son's existence" - Line 8. That is a baseless claim.

Christ is God's word. How could He exist if God had not spoken? What then is your interpretation of John 1:1-

Whose word are we talking about here^^^?

V.14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The fact that He is a son and God His father is a rank in itself. Jesus is a way - to His father!! He came in service to His father. If not He should have been God's brother. At the garden, His prayer was to His father, to take away the suffering He was about to face, because God had power over Him. Remember His reference to tempting God? He had no problem acknowledging God's power over Him, Even praying to Him. Everything He did was in service of God.

Arianism by the way is the belief(preached by one Arian) that Christ is not divine. That he's just a man that lived sometime and they didnt believe he ressurected. Kind of like Muslims. That is not what we are saying.

Back to the topic, does the Kingdom of God have an authoritative overall figure? A King? Hence a throne?

What is heretic (contrary to scripture I believe) about this?

shocked shocked

Wait ... first . Let me get this straight

1. Did God create Jesus ?

2. Is the Holy Spirit eternal and equal in supremacy with Yahweh ?

3. Your own view on the Trinity

Just these 3 and then we can proceed from there .

Actually , Arianism does not deny that Jesus resurrected . They just believe that Christ is not equal to the father
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

shocked shocked

Wait ... first . Let me get this straight

1. Did God create Jesus ?

Christ is God's Word ... So Christ was with God as a living manifestation of His Word. What I asked is, can a word exist without the speaker?

John 1:1-

As for God's Supremacy over Christ/His word, blame Him for creating that impression Himself;

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me , ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

2. Is the Holy Spirit eternal and equal in supremacy with Yahweh ?

How could He not be eternal if He is the Spirit of God who is eternal? His word is eternal too. Being His Spirit he is God Himself. Just like your spirit and you are you. His word too is Spirit, and one with Him.

I think the problem here is that you do not believe that there are Kingdoms, Princes and kings in the spiritual realm or any sort of order or hierarchy. This is something I cannot convince you on. But I'll try.

There are many principalities in the Kingdom of God. They are all part of the personality of God. God is an actual King. And His Kingdom is one with Him.

3. Your own view on the Trinity

God the father, His Son and the Holy Spirit who are one. ..

1 John 5:7 |
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One isn't necessarily equal. We become one with God when He comes and Lives in us and we in him. We are even sitted with Him over the principalities of the earth. Just as Christ is sitted at His side (this will be hard with you unbelief of the existence of that throne.)

Does( being with God above principalities) make me of equal authority(ie, king ruling over the rest of the kings, God over gods) with Him? No.

If I speak in His name, will I have God's authority, Yes. As a servant whose masters word is as sure as His master.

Just compare the instances where Christ takes over the principalities with when God does in the prophets; Totally different events of the earth.

1- - God taking taking over from the reign of darknesssadthis is a spiritual principality whose kings are the rulers of darkness.)....

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

2 -- Christ taking reign -

Dan:7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom,
that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

This is Christ After the end of our age remember. He's no longer on earth. Yet power is still being "given" to him - By His father.

Just these 3 and then we can proceed from there

I hope this means you'll be answering my questions above.

Actually , Arianism does not deny that Jesus resurrected . They just believe that Christ is not equal to the father

The First Council of Nicaea was convened by Emperor Constantine the Great upon the recommendations of a synod led by Hosius of Córdoba in the Eastertide of 325. This synod had been charged with investigation of the trouble brought about by the Arian controversy in the Greek-speaking east...

... Arius taught that the Son had a beginning, and that he possessed neither the eternity nor the true divinity of the Father, but was rather made "God" only by the Father's permission and power, and that the Son was rather the very first and the most perfect of God's creatures
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

Christ is God's Word ... So Christ was with God as a living manifestation of His Word. What I asked is, can a word exist without the speaker?

John 1:1-

As for God's Supremacy over Christ/His word, blame Him for creating that impression Himself;

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me , ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

This only purports Yahweh's superiority over Christ - the misconception apparently . The Father is greater than Jesus because the Son is now dual natured - divine and human . Obviously this limits his power and divine abilities

How could He not be eternal if He is the Spirit of God who is eternal? His word is eternal too. Being His Spirit he is God Himself. Just like your spirit and you are you. His word too is Spirit, and one with Him.

I think the problem here is that you do not believe that there are Kingdoms, Princes and kings in the spiritual realm or any sort of order or hierarchy. This is something I cannot convince you on. But I'll try.

There are many principalities in the Kingdom of God. They are all part of the personality of God. God is an actual King. And His Kingdom is one with Him.

God - Yahweh , Jesus , the Holy Spirit - is the actual King . And His - Yahweh , Christ , Holy Spirit - Kingdom with Him

God the father, His Son and the Holy Spirit who are one. ..

1 John 5:7 |
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One isn't necessarily equal. We become one with God when He comes and Lives in us and we in him. We are even sitted with Him over the principalities of the earth. Just as Christ is sitted at His side (this will be hard with you unbelief of the existence of that throne.)

Does( being with God above principalities) make me of equal authority(ie, king ruling over the rest of the kings, God over gods) with Him? No.

If I speak in His name, will I have God's authority, Yes. As a servant whose masters word is as sure as His master.

Just compare the instances where Christ takes over the principalities with when God does in the prophets; Totally different events of the earth.

If you would just understand that Jesus addressed these issues that way because his human nature subdued his divinity (sort of ) .

The First Council of Nicaea was convened by Emperor Constantine the Great upon the recommendations of a synod led by Hosius of Córdoba in the Eastertide of 325. This synod had been charged with investigation of the trouble brought about by the Arian controversy in the Greek-speaking east...

... Arius taught that the Son had a beginning, and that he possessed neither the eternity nor the true divinity of the Father, but was rather made "God" only by the Father's permission and power, and that the Son was rather the very first and the most perfect of God's creatures
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

The argument is that Arianism claims Christ did not resurrect , the excerpt from Wikipedia above does not address it in any way . You actually certainly hold some Arianistic views about Christ .

Clearly :

2 -- Christ taking reign -

Dan:7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom,
that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

This is Christ After the end of our age remember. He's no longer on earth. Yet power is still being "given" to him - By His father.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This only purports Yahweh's superiority over Christ - the misconception apparently . The Father is greater than Jesus because the Son is now dual natured - divine and human . Obviously this limits his power and divine abilities

God - Yahweh , Jesus , the Holy Spirit - is the actual King . And His - Yahweh , Christ , Holy Spirit - Kingdom with Him

If you would just understand that Jesus addressed these issues that way because his human nature subdued his divinity (sort of ) .

The argument is that Arianism claims Christ did not resurrect , the excerpt from Wikipedia above does not address it in any way . You actually certainly hold some Arianistic views about Christ .

Clearly :

My friend, what is the source of your assertions undecided ? This is not a serious contribution.
Mine had scriptural sources.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Kay17: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
We need to start having a clearer picture of who God truly is and how he reveals Himself to man

There are several references to the throne of God in the Bible. Jesus calls heaven “God’s throne” in Matthew 5:34, recalling God’s statement in Isaiah 66:1, “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.” Other references to God’s throne are found in 2 Chronicles 18:18; Psalm 11:4; Hebrews 8:1; 12:2; Revelation 1:4; 3:21; 4:2; and many other verses.

A throne is a special seat reserved for a monarch. When the Bible speaks of God’s “throne,” the emphasis is on God’s transcendence, dignity, and sovereign rule. The fact that His throne is in heaven further underscores the transcendent nature of God’s existence.

The throne of God need not be thought of as a literal throne. God the Father is incorporeal (John 4:24). Not having a physical body, God does not literally “sit.” References to a divine throne are akin to biblical allusions to God’s “hand” or “mouth” or “eyes”—they are anthropomorphisms, descriptions of God couched in human terms out of deference to our limited knowledge. God has to describe Himself in ways we can understand.

Isaiah sees the Lord “high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple” (Isaiah 6:1). At that time, the prophet was having an inspired vision. God’s throne (and His robe) are not to be taken as literal, physical objects. Rather, God was communicating to Isaiah the magnificence, splendor, and exaltation of His Being. Other descriptions of the throne of God are found in other prophetic visions, e.g., in those of Ezekiel and John.

God’s throne is a place of power and authority. In 2 Chronicles 18:18, the prophet Micaiah relates his vision of God’s throne room, in which spirit beings stand in attendance. Compare this to Job 1:6, where God demands answers from the angelic beings summoned there.

God’s throne is a place of majesty and honor. The Bible says that, when Jesus ascended to heaven, He “sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2). There is no higher place than heaven. God is the King of heaven, and Jesus holds the place of honor at God’s right hand.

God’s throne is a place of perfect justice. “He has prepared His throne for judgment” (Psalm 4:7; cf. 89:14). The final judgment, described in Revelation 21, is held before “a great white throne” (verse 11).

God’s throne is a place of sovereignty and holiness. “God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne” (Psalm 47:8; cf. 103:19). He does whatever He pleases, and all He does is good.

God’s throne is a place of praise. John’s vision of heaven includes a scene in which a “new song” is sung in praise to the One who occupies the throne (Revelation 14:3). Around the throne, the praise of God is surely “glorious” (Psalm 66:2).

God’s throne is a place of purity. Only the redeemed, those who have been granted the righteousness of Christ, will have the right to stand before His throne (Revelation 14:5).

God’s throne is a place of eternal life. God is the Source of life. In heaven, John sees “the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb” (Revelation 22:1).

God’s throne is a place of grace. Not only does the throne of God represent judgment for the unbeliever, but it also represents mercy and grace for His children. “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). Inside the Jewish temple was the Ark of the Covenant, which was a “copy of the true” (Hebrews 9:24), and it had a “mercy seat” where God’s presence would appear (Leviticus 16:2, ESV).

One day, all creation will bow to the majesty of God’s throne (Philippians 2:9–11). The regal beings surrounding the throne of God will “lay their crowns before the throne and say: ‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power’” (Revelation 4:10–11).

http://www.gotquestions.org/throne-of-God.html

But as usual this is still open for discussion :

winner01 , Scholar8200 , sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , malvisguy212 , Richirich713 , Muafrika2, Ishilove, MrPresident1, mykohayz , bxcode , michaelwestern , pjhyde, gatiano, unphilaz , Jeromejnr , DeepSight , and the rest of Nairaland cool

Where did you find the interpretational methods used to decipher this truth?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:

Where did you find the interpretational methods used to decipher this truth?

John 14 : 26

But the Comforter, who is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Amen sister !

I see you becoming a Christian soon . You seem to flounder with some concepts - this led to having a myriad of misconceptions about God . APPARENTLY .. but you can mention me in case you need any help cool
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Kay17: 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

John 14 : 26

But the Comforter, who is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Amen sister !

I see you becoming a Christian soon . You seem to flounder with some concepts - this led to having a myriad of misconceptions about God . APPARENTLY .. but you can mention me in case you need any help cool
v

Strangely enough this method is within the bible! And the bible is understood by the interpretational methods contained in the bible! So to understand these methods, you have to understand the bible and to understand the methods etc.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:
v

Strangely enough this method is within the bible! And the bible is understood by the interpretational methods contained in the bible! So to understand these methods, you have to understand the bible and to understand the methods etc.

Yup . And by drawing close to God . He helps you understand His word cos its His duurrh ! grin But on a serious note , I struggled to understand a few things but I sought , knocked , asked and it was revealed through different means .
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

My friend, what is the source of your assertions undecided ? This is not a serious contribution.
Mine had scriptural sources.

Just negodu ... brother .... you misinterpreted scriptures and I explained it correctly . Any verse that seems like Christ is unequal to the Father just know that its addressing the dual-natured Christ .

Even sef , lets look at it .

What makes the Trinity what it is .

The three are one , equal in power , supremacy , authority , rank , position . They can't be one and be unequal with one another as you claimed . That makes it three different gods being together as a team - tritheism or ploytheism or a pantheon of Christian gods .

As simple as ABC .

But wait .... it looks like the words "Father" and "Son " caused this dispute

cc : OLAADEGBU
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Kay17: 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yup . And by drawing close to God . He helps you understand His word cos its His duurrh ! grin But on a serious note , I struggled to understand a few things but I sought , knocked , asked and it was revealed through different means .

I was trying to say it is a circular argument. And not practical. The truth you Christians do not have a formal mode of interpretation. Every Christian group does as they please.

Hence the rich and diverse interpretation of the bible.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Just negodu ... brother .... you misinterpreted scriptures and I explained it correctly . Any verse that seems like Christ is unequal to the Father just know that its addressing the dual-natured Christ .

Even sef , lets look at it .

What makes the Trinity what it is .

The three are one , equal in power , supremacy , authority , rank , position . They can't be one and be unequal with one another as you claimed . That makes it three different gods being together as a team - tritheism or ploytheism or a pantheon of Christian gods .

As simple as ABC .

But wait .... it looks like the words "Father" and "Son " caused this dispute

cc : OLAADEGBU

I see you've called in reinforcement.

I agree they are one, but they have differing roles. And Scriptures are clear on this.

Am also one with God, that doesn't mean I can go around demanding worship like Him. I am also one with Christ, But He is waaay greater and powerful than me or any other man. Same with the Spirit of God. They are inseparable, but have different roles with God being their all encompassing oneness.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:

I was trying to say it is a circular argument. And not practical. The truth you Christians do not have a formal mode of interpretation. Every Christian group does as they please.

Different interpretations sometimes can be used as tools by certain groups to promote their lifestyle or justify it .
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Kay17: 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Different interpretations sometimes can be used as tools by certain groups to promote their lifestyle or justify it .

Which does not make their view less valid.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:

Which does not make their view less valid.

The bible condemns false doctrine .

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

I see you've called in reinforcement.

I agree they are one, but they have differing roles. And Scriptures are clear on this.

Am also one with God, that doesn't mean I can go around demanding worship like Him. I am also one with Christ, But He is waaay greater and powerful than me or any other man. Same with the Spirit of God. They are inseparable, but have different roles with God being their all encompassing oneness.

Lol . Call reinforcement ? I can take you down on my own .

I agree they have different roles but it does not make anyone less of a God . Your misconception was derived from your perception of the roles they play . True or False ?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . Call reinforcement ? I can take you down on my own .

I agree they have different roles but it does not make anyone less of a God . Your misconception was derived from your perception of the roles they play . True or False ?

There is no misconception(on my part). And assignments have specific powers/authority.

Your argument is purely doctrinal which is not necessarily scriptural. Am basing mine on scripture, which you have dismissed as only applicable to a certain specific period of time,
Says who? undecided
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Kay17: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible condemns false doctrine .

The same bible subject to thousands of interpretations?! What else is false doctrine other than the "other" interpretation.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

There is no misconception(on my part). And assignments have specific powers/authority.

Your argument is purely doctrinal which is not necessarily scriptural. Am basing mine on scripture, which you have dismissed as only applicable to a certain specific period of time,
Says who? undecided

This is simple and Im not sure why you are complicating matters . If they are one as you said but have different levels of power , authority then they are simply three different gods who operate as a team . Their unity as a team define their oneness - that's erroneous and heretical !
You are now a polytheist my friend angry cheesy
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is simple and Im not sure why you are complicating matters . If they are one as you said but have different levels of power , authority then they are simply three different gods who operate as a team . Their unity as a team define their oneness - that's erroneous and heretical !
You are now a polytheist my friend angry cheesy

The reason why you are unable to support your statements is that they have no scriptural basis you know

What does it err against? I thought heretic meant contrary to scripture.

You are dangerously heretical.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

The reason why you are unable to support your statements is that they have no scriptural basis you know

What does it err against? I thought heretic meant contrary to scripture.

You are dangerously heretical.

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My God !

So which am I calling - Yahweh , Christ or the Holy Spirit

undecided
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:

Tell him.

KingEbukasBlog:

My God !
So which am I calling - Yahweh , Christ or the Holy Spirit
This sarcasm is an evasive tactic. Deal with the issues.

You are so engrossed in being right you are not even understanding what you are condemning. You are imposing your local church constitution on us without stopping to confirm it's standing with scripture.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kay17:

The same bible subject to thousands of interpretations?! What else is false doctrine other than the "other" interpretation.

Thousands ?! Stop the exaggeration ! Like 2 or 3 is plausible . The bible made it clear that sound doctrine does exist and we need the Holy Spirit to reveal these things to us .

http://www.gotquestions.org/interpretations-Christian.html

Then differing doctrines are actually in fulfillment of this prophecy

1 Timothy 4 : 1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

Tell him.

This sarcasm is an evasive tactic. Deal with the issues.

You are so engrossed in being right you are not even understanding what you are condemning. You are imposing your local church constitution on us without stopping to confirm it's standing with scripture.

Well I love being right cool

But eh ... I dont understand how my condemnation of your worship of a pantheon of gods is not being understood by me . I explained excellently what those quoted verses mean - a rebuttal of your weak claims that the members of the Godhead are not equal in power , authority , rank etc

Wont common sense tell you that if they are one and take different positions and rank then they are a team of Gods and not the Trinity undecided . Its one God in three entities . Not a team of Gods who are working as one .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.