Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. (1076 Views)

Seeking For A Motivational Thread / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series / A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 7:21am On Mar 20, 2016
THE END OF MY FEARS

Oh ye, my fears!
Will you come a little closer?
You must lend me your ears
I can’t tolerate your strength any longer

The more I try to avoid you
The more you get closer
The more I try to evade you
The more you get stronger

Your arrogance reeks to the sky
With your strength, you pulled me down
Your victory, you always declare
Even in my sweat, I was always the clown

You bullied me at the slightest chance
You laughed at me when I was down
You abandoned me in my moments of trance
You made me into nothing but a clown

Today, we must come to terms
And you must lend me your ears
From today, you will reside by my side
There will be no more drifting apart

I must keep my courage close
But you, my fears must stay closer
I will go all the ways you go
Until the last of your existence is conquered

Oh ye, my fears
Will you come a little closer?
You must lend me your ears
I can’t tolerate your strength any longer

*while I was a kid, I had my shares of fears. Many of which I respected and try to avoid. But as I grow older, I realised that, avoiding your fear will o ly make it stronger. You have to pull it closer to your heart, embrace it- and it will only be then, that you can conquer it.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by akanniade10(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2016
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 7:24am On Mar 20, 2016
What are your fears?

What are your aspirations that you had to abandon because of fear? This is for you...you can do this..
Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2016
MightyFortress, MaziOmenuko SeverusSnape Adanna28 Truckpusher Francizy MizMyColi MzPecs omenka Beremx GenbIoodykiller PassingShot Afam4eva Romanciella dearpreye Ezenwammadu adorablevic Dindondin simdam500 9japipper Switup Mucokey Silverluci Stag Coolval222 MaziOmenuko Onihaxy Snakie Coogar Chiefo Prodeegee(m), cocospice(f), chizzily(f), sagebiz, Dymondgurl(f), mrjaydee(m), lawunmmie, ritzytbabs, delugadou(m), beau49(f), madridfc(m), 100Cents, laykorn(m), RedBenson(m), Sleekyshuga(f), lalasticlala(m), Williamso(m), susrite(m), Queennelly(f), pinkiecutie(f), iceberylin(m), damselalayo(f), almacherish(f), ngozionefeli, missterious(f), mencade6, phrenoz(f), Lilamartedi(f), littlemistress(f), Empress2014(f), chindi, mytime24(f), ceaser, kolaaderin, Mimipauls1(f), pweetixandy(f), sexynabila(f), kozaic(f), Savigne(f), beckyomas(f), dechandel(f), Janeify(f), shadowgwalker, KissQ(f), ritababe(f), Dopeyomi, kinwayne(m), snakie86, sistajay(f), Tashamania(f), nekaa(f), kristina1(f), Kachisbarbie(f), leojennysmart(f), Seun(m), maureensylvia(f), Ivyluvie2(f), Ezibless(f), holluphunmie(f), toyinolamide(f), adesewa4uyahoo(f), Khalliet(f), shafeeqah(f), Idyllik(f), omotfavy(f), Atk01(f), Tytto(f), Chi59(f), priscaoge(f), olowookerekemi(f), Harmvirus(f), hannesy(f), missberrypop5(f), MissSlimbody(f), jessiecah(f) , Evathyst(f), donc4life(f), stalicia(f), niggereyez(f), kennygee(f), chinnelle(f), Princesschi(f), Syfy(f), badoolee(f), iwakolewa(f), cococandy(f), quivah(f), micsade(f), Anniebissy(f), MaraCruiz(f), keishawillz(f), sladesgirl(f), trypheana(f), Damsel94(f), LiciousAnn(f), harryke(f), Chrissy101(f), JohnJoyce(f), Hardeytohlar(f), Beachqueen59(f), Nekistoe(f), Doughyeenbae(f), Lemon12(f), jjwaterfalls(f), sandra27(f), trendiitee(f), pweedyuz(f), marieolae(f), farano(f), MizMyColi(f), VickyyB(f), ireneony(f), Agybabe(f), Iffffffy(f), Sparkle777(f), sussyluv(f), Damsal(f), Missmossy(f), Evina(f), Mprex(f), Stephxoblessed(f), Medunah(f), FLAWLES(f), prettythicksme(f), Oluwatyna(f), Weunice(f)), Ishilove (my love), Neduzze5 (my brother that year)
HumbledbYGrace, Hunnydropps(f), Bobbystanley
(m), Freiburger(m), FozzieBear(m), Hadeehart101(f), missstella, Genea, Olusharp,
eppysold(m), luscioustrish(f), LarrySun, Nobody,
supernet4(f), cdamsel(f), sunriseb, liusimbs(f), Eveluv, jayhans, Niwdog,
Lolaabokoku(f), precyluv(f), Coolval222(m), Chinachriss, mistytohcute, GeneralQuamdeen,
specialguest(f), Ojiematthewgg, Whizkay(m), Graphy(f),jendox,
olashas(f), kelmich(m), Tascocent(m), Trypa (you try pass), marioking, Tochiilo(m),
Samueldona(m), folowo(m), petokey, Idowuogbo(f), adamskutty,otkx, Deeeebie, Bravoe,
BIGVAJINA(f),highbeetohbadt, Psalmwise, senjo, brize (oga boss) toykathy, kingphilip, Livingwalker, horpe132, adegwurulez,virtuous900, waistaa, Bunsky, 4kizo, jonsnow92, Rajy00, seuncyber, ritababe, follyshade, Emperortj93, Emmykul4love,chingy74, pcaliphate,ultraawesome, Emmeritus, peterswagg, spawnx, Madawaki01, yemi2plus, chistar01, trinityo42, texanomaly, Francuiz, Tgold1, dazzy4real, donifez, plainmirror, emmadejust, odunharry, AmiableJay, Double194, smith403, foxy_flow, ERF, Tobiee, CallMeFemi, DeCritique, Ask4bigneyo, prettythicksme, chuzor73, Kunle106, Darus05,ezeigbo194, saxwizard Vyolet, Midehi, Omotayor123, kwhiz, popeferd, jendox, Edwardhead, dexterush, lilwheezy1.

Glorious1985, Funkere, Spongia1, BlackMaria, toliz, Wongi378, queenxey, Tunizzy, ojingbe, estilo, chinedumo, Slimzjoe, martin98, Alexgeneration, DonZaggy, lilwheezy1, oyinprince, gwenj, sinaj, darnley16, ponti93, boumee, roniex2, TiffanyJ, dshiningstar247, Royver, Princesschi, Divepen1, discoprophet, Niftyrules, RICKYMARIO, aydriano, lizbethy, D9ty7, handie, touchmeder, arabaribiti, mubzay, mtzion, candy, isaiahogodo, justseyi, keyemjay, Kaymania, frank317, Enoquin, uyisteven, Larrywiz,losprince, repogirl, mirajune, LarrySun, ThR0NeKiD, HelenBee, 007Bruce

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks, Sir
akanniade10:
Thumbs up
Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by texanomaly(f): 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nicely done. I like how you used personification to bring your fears to life and speak to them. You started out using a rhyming scheme in stanzas 1-4 and continued in your last one. You dropped it in stanzas 5-6. You might try fixing that. Insightful work.
Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2016
texanomaly:
Nicely done. I like how you used personification to bring your fears to life and speak to them. You started out using a rhyming scheme in stanzas 1-4 and continued in your last one. You dropped it in stanzas 5-6. Insightful work.
thanks ma'am. smiley
Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by lizbethy: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2016
Tanx for this wonderful poem , it spice me up to face & fight my fears
Re: The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. by oludare007: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2016
lizbethy:
Tanx for this wonderful poem , it spice me up to face & fight my fears
pls do. Do that which you feared most...and ur fears will diminish greatly

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At My New Website For The Genesis Covenant! / Wonder Pdf By R. J. Palacio / My Right Crush ( A Story By Christopher Sawyer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.