Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD (11474 Views)

Shehu Sani Awaiting Trial For Treason At Kirikiri Prison In 1995 (Throwback Pic) / See The Line-up Of Vehicles And Aides Awaiting Buhari In Abuja / Idris Visits Troubled Areas In Ikorodu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by EastanPower(m): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ephemmm:

I don't have problem with them so far they have boundary. This is the only means through which infringement into someone's farmland can be ascertained.

This incessant killings must stop I beg.

I repeat, the north has more than enough land for this, they should stay there, simple.

Only cattle to be sold should be transported to the south.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by hansad: 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Biafrarep:
This nonsense must never be allowed in any part of Igboland. Jos north should rather be an example of how deadly it is to allow the Hausa/Fulani people to co-habit with you, they will wake up one day to claim the land as theirs & if you complain, they will get arms & amunition from their brothers in the army & attack you in the night. We must never allow this madness for our own good, if they want to rear cattle they have to do it in ranches & not on peoples farms, this is one of the reasons why I support Biafra, the injustice in Nigeria is mind boggling & everyone is helpless & hopeless like slaves!!!

Any areas outside Fulani-controlled states that allow the setting up of the proposed Cattle Grazing Ground in their states - people in such states must be made up of Mugus - insensitive people.

Once such grazing ground is set up in the state, Fulani Cattle people can wake up at the middle of the night to sack the town, or even sack the entire state.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by hansad: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
The same manner oil is produced in the south and transported to the north, cattle must be bred in the northern areas where cattle breeders live and cattle food products transported to the south.

Minister Audu Ogbeh cannot afford to have himself used to build Military Garrisons for Fulani all over Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by okitejoseph: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2016
Islamic Group Begs FG To List Fulani Herdsmen As Terrorists
http://www.prestnaija.com/islamic-group-begs-fg-list-fulani-herdsmen-terrorists/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by adconline(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Naija can never be a serious country.. What's the percentage of Fulani herdsmen contribution to the national GPD? Why do we want to appropriate land all over the country for this practice?
What does FG get in return through taxation if this bill is passed?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled Spots Awaiting Govt’s Action - VANGUARD by klbakare(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2016
Ephemmm:

Instead of all these online ranting, why can't you suggest a probable solution to this menace that has been existing long in Nigeria without solution.

Even from the day of Jacob and David, herdsmen moved from one place to another seeking for water and pastures for their sheep and you are here saying Yorubas rear sheep too: when did cow-rearing become the predominant occupation of Yorubas? For your information, when we are talking of herdsmen, we are talking of someone with over 500 cattles to cater for and not a goat or two sheep.

Now tell me, how can someone control over 500 cows at once without infringement in other peoples' farmlands whether intentionally or otherwise. So, government should stop them from moving without providing a permanent area where nobody would be able to cultivate? You don't need to allow your emotion to overcome your common sense.

Wake up please.

I can see you are sympathetic to fulani herdsmen, there are traders all around lagos, they occupy the walkways, service lanes and gutters to display their wares in order to survive for a living. These people also pay for these spaces they occupy. But their activities increased traffic in the metropolis, disorderliness and also increased the hardship being faced by lagosians. If the government can deem it fit to chase this people away, arrest and impose fine on them for surviving without causing any loss of live and people's properties. I do not see any reason why fulani herdsmen case is special.

Fulani herdsmen operate a business and there are cost associated with running these business. Should the government take from our money to foot the cost so that herdsmen can sell back to us? Please reason with your head. I will soon open a thread which profers lasting solutions to the fulani herdsmen menace so WATCHOUT!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Tribunal Dismisses Faleke’s Petition Against Yahaya Bello’s Election / PDP Senators Behind Magu’s Rejection — Rep Gudaji / Buhari Govt, Worst Ever - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.