Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62808 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Jacobx007:
English is ONLY a language and nt a basis for intelligence! Ever wondered why the chinese can manufacture a product bt cannot write good english on the manual?
I want to see a MANUFACTURING Africa not English GRAMMAR Africa. We couldn't acquire DOLLARS cos we are busy chasing Grammar grin grin grin grin grin grin
what are u saying?.

China's official language is Chinese and nt English while our official language is english.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by winilove(f): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nobody is prefect
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Engrr(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

It is not OK!

That is why people are crying of unemployment. The truth remains that more than 50% of our so-called graduates are not employable because they cannot even express their selves talk more of defining the course they claimed to have studied in the university!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tete7000(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.

Which land you came from? Your thinking is warped.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Omeny: 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
There's nothing to understand here and pardon guys!
Haba?
He's a graduate for God sake and not a trap setter in the village!
He must be a shame to the University he graduated from!
Come on!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
obyrich:
Those chinese speak and write Chinese well. No justification for mediocrity. I wonder how the guy passed his exams...
imagine what they are justifying.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Engrr(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.

Do you really know what it means to be a qualified graduate?

Do you also know that every Nigerian graduate is assumed to have passed at least 2 "Use of English" course before graduation.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by san316(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
No be the same school mama peace graduate from?

Not surprised.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks my bros...urs all about presentation and the here n now that matters. Pepsi is far less toxic to ur body than coka cola. However due to branding everyone wants a bottle of coke over pepsi.....

oluwafreshkid:

And when the 3rd class grammarian and the "strong 2:1" (whatever that means sef) are presented a chance to both market themselves, the grammarian wins! Why? Cos he has been able to brand himself...presentation is key.
Good content without the right presentation won't get any attention (mehn, see my wordplay oo).

You knw moet of soundcity? Ehiz of MTVbase? Who cares about their strong 2:1? They're branded.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Fawklicant: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Emperor Musiwa finally did his masters at NDU. grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by feeloscar(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.
and what does he mean?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by greatwin100: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
End time English
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
and im go talk sey im no get job
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
Let him night lessons in english at his free time. I mean he should dtudy it all over as a 3rd language just like someone taking german or french as a second language...

ukjerry:
I really don't think it's this guy's fault though.
I agree with what omoyemirally said-
Just because he doesn't know how to express himself in English doesn't make him less educated.

My cousin bro can't speak but is an engineer (a very good one). Companies are looking for him but he's stuck with his company cos in his words "they gave him a chance". When asked how he scaled through the interview, he said twas a disaster but he just asked them to give him a chance and allow him do something and just cut off his first month salary. They did and it's history. They ended up paying him. (Let me not even start with his salary)

He always say, "comprehensive pry and sec sch fvcked me up, but Unn didn't teach me how to speak but how to fix"

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by thesicilian: 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
Starboy1986:
so because he is a university graduate then you need to down grade him base on how he write. Come to think can you read because if you do you will know the difference between God and god. To me he did just fine rather than forming to write better but speak poorly
No bro, I didn't downgrade him. I was only surprised at the lady who tried to justify such blatant disgrace of the English language. English may not be our native language but it has been with us since birth, so there's no justification whatsoever. Mind you, this is not just a typing or grammatical error, the whole write up is just so annoying!

And second, where did you see the words God or god in my comment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
U feel relieved when she is indirectly saying her cousin feels ashamed and remorseful anout his inability to speak proper english??

Hear the cousin's lamentation:

He always say, "comprehensive pry and sec sch fvcked me up, but Unn didn't teach me how to speak but how to fix"

omoyemirally:
thanks o my sister. I feel so relieved dat someone really understands what I was saying

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Jaydenphoenix: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

Abeggi, no excuse jare.
Would u want your child to write like that??

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by glossy6(f): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

From a graduate? No. It is totally unacceptable. We can pardon a fish seller but not him. How did he pass his WAEC?

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by daven: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
ukjerry:
Just because he doesn't know how to express himself in English doesn't make him less educated.

My cousin bro can't speak but is an engineer (a very good one). Companies are looking for him but he's stuck with his company cos in his words "they gave him a chance". When asked how he scaled through the interview, he said twas a disaster but he just asked them to give him a chance and allow him do something and just cut off his first month salary. They did and it's history. They ended up paying him. (Let me not even start with his salary)

I get you. You see everything has its own place. He may actually excel in other areas of endeavour, except in writing and composing good tenses. However, presentation matters. I bet you that your cousin may not advance beyond the shop floor in his career, despite how technically good he may be. He will always have someone with better presentation skills managing him. Engineering goes beyond the blue collar. It also encompasses management, presentation, planning, etc

3 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Qaisar1:

True. but you don craze before . lol
Haba... leave craze for crazeclown

Lol
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Brookcherith(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
daft...this is not spoken English but written English. if u are his lecturer and he answers ur questions in exam as this rubbish, you will pass him because he can't write well abi. you mumu pass the NDU graduate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Binsani(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
So unfortunate one can't buy common sense... Wetin bring Buhari name here ?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by ManTiger(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
PEJ
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by kyceeQ(f): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mabel12:

I didn't study english in sch though very little errors are quite expected unlike this for heavens sakes there is absolutely no single correct sentence: Note spoken english is different from written english but at least there should be a balancing
Not studying english in school is not a prior permission for not knowing the common differences between present and past tense.

Mark your path before correcting others bro.

Thank you.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by bankybobo11: 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

Very weak mentality. Yes, we learn from womb to tomb, but there are things we ought to know / be versatile in at every point in time. At nursery level, you're expected to read rhymes; at secondary level, bit knowledge in vast subjects; at university level, you ought to at the very least, be able to put together one or two meaningful sentences na.

With this kind of mentality, we are going nowhere in Nigeria. I read about and listened to the white students who were learning the yoruba language, I must say, their Yoruba is flawless. And these are people who have been speaking only English all their lives before university education.

There's no excuse for mediocrity . He can and will make it in life, but his understanding and use of English needs to improve.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mabel12(f): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
kyceeQ:
Not studying english in school is not a prior permission for not knowing the common differences between present and past tense.

Mark your path before correcting others bro.

Thank you.

Where is this one coming from? Na wa I laff in swahilli
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by monalicious(f): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
ukjerry:

I can never bring myself to agree with this mentality. I know someone who is a mechanic, never had any formal education, who speaks so well, you would never know he doesn't even have to pry 6 school leaving certificate. And he reads and writes well too. It's just a personal decision thing, that's what I think. We have had stars in th past like pasuma (fans please pardon me), who didn't speak so well at the beginning of their careers, who are doing very well now. I know some people would say English isn't our mother tongue, which is true, but it has been in Nigeria for as long as I can remember, and we keep excuses for why we can't speak or write good English. Why not just avoid the embarrassment?

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by stanisbaratheon: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
even if you study pidgin as a course in the university, your english can not be as awful as this

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tammie24: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

And when the 3rd class grammarian and the "strong 2:1" (whatever that means sef) are presented a chance to both market themselves, the grammarian wins! Why? Cos he has been able to brand himself...presentation is key.
Good content without the right presentation won't get any attention (mehn, see my wordplay oo).

You knw moet of soundcity? Ehiz of MTVbase? Who cares about their strong 2:1? They're branded.
yes branding is important but will not get the job done or save you in a life or death situation
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by oweman: 10:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
No be the same school mama peace graduate from?
Not surprised.

Evenboga GEJ is a PhD holder and we all are aware on what he think of corruption description as not stealing .
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by bankybobo11: 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Brookcherith:
daft...this is not spoken English but written English. if u are his lecturer and he answers ur questions in exam as this rubbish, you will pass him because he can't write well abi. you mumu pass the NDU graduate

Abi o. Celebrating mediocrity is typical of Nigerians. Thank you for this comment

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by deolarry65: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
then..go and arrest him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria With School Fees. / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.