Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA (27013 Views)

I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official / Wike: No INEC Official Has Powers To Cancel Already Declared Results / Davis Ikanya Covering Arrested INEC Official's Face (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by agabusta: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2016
Rivers Rerun: Missing INEC Electoral Officer Found, Youth Corps INEC Ad Hoc staff killed

INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner in Rivers State, Mr Aniedi Ikoiwak, has confirmed that the electoral officer for Ikwerre who was earlier declared missing during the Rivers rerun election has been found alive.

Mr Osifo Osaze is reported to have been attacked by gunmen who opened fire on his vehicle but he managed to escape his assailants into the bush.

The REC told Channels Television that Mr Osaze was found with bullet wounds and has been taken to hospital for treatment.

In another incident, a Youth Corps ad hoc INEC official was killed during violence at a polling unit in Ahoada West Local Government area on Saturday.

Mr Ikoiwak said that further announcements on the polls will be made in due course.

INEC had suspended further activities in the Rivers State rerun elections following the violent incidents trailing the conduct of the polls.

In a statement late on Sunday, INEC’s Director in charge of Voter Education and Publicity, Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, regretted that “some of these elections witnessed the disruption of the process, including the barricading of some of the INEC Local Government offices and Registration Area Centres (RACs) used for the distribution of Electoral materials which led to the late commencement of the exercise in some places and consequently, its smooth take off”.

He said that “the suspension does not affect constituencies where the exercise has been completed and the results declared by the returning officers”.

INEC had earlier suspended election in eight local government areas of the state.

Addressing reporters earlier on Sunday the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr Aniedi Ikoiwak, said that the cancelation was due to irregularities at the affected local government areas.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/21/rivers-rerun-missing-inec-electoral-officer-found/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by agabusta: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2016
Chai, they have turned election to war. This is so sad and despicable. Let all the states in Nigeria get used to having opposition. From the North to the South. One of the reasons this war like situation is happening is because some SS states are not used to have any resemblance of opposition.

No easy ride to governance anywhere again. Let every nook and cranny of the country get used to having some form of opposition or the other.

And let all parties canvass for votes without resorting to mindless bloodshed.

RIP to the Corps member, may God comfort your family.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by ice25(f): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2016
the prophesy of the monkey and baboon soaking in blood is already is already manifesting to hunt the prophet.

Rip Corper, is sad that after all the struggle, it had to end this way

15 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by agabusta: 11:50am On Mar 21, 2016
ice25:
the prophesy of the monkey and baboon soaking in blood is already is already manifesting to hunt the prophet.

Rip Corper, is sad that after all the struggle, it had to end this way

You have come again with warped reasoning without having facts of the incident.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by hob(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Poor Innocent souls being massacred because of some greedy politicians ambition.

it is well

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Mcpadosky(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2016
How I wish our youths can learn from all this rubbish, all this Apc and PDP men don't even have dere cousins in dis country and we're here killing our selves because of all dis silly politicians. both Amaechi, Wike, dakuku and ibiam samitary they are all they same. they are friends with permanent interest, have u red any news that Amaechi cousin was killed or Wike relation killed or dakuku or samitary relation killed. let's be wise and mind our business.
I rest my case

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by otokx(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2016
Many people died and they may never be known.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by MadCow1: 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
The Niger Delta man is his own worst Enemy. angry angry angry angry angry angry

This election just showed me that both Parties don't have the interest of Rivers People at heart. angry

This Generation has failed us the younger Niger Delta generation. angry

This election exercise was a big shame and disgrace to Rivers People. angry

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by HungerBAD: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Place of Birth?Rivers.

Place of growing up?Rivers.

Primary School/Secondary/University?Rivers.

NYSC?Rivers.

Ever traveled out of PH?yes to Eleme in Rivers State.

Can you name one Ikwerre man aside Amaechi not living in Rivers State?hmmmm Julius Agwu.

And this is why it is very difficult to reason with the people living in PH, and have never left the State once and see nothing wrong in the way Wike is going about killing anything that moves.

One day a Moses will come to rescue the people from Rivers State.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by joeace2020(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Your bodies vs my bodies continues
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by adedam007(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by richidinho(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ever since Buhari took over Every saturday is an election day, watch out for next saturday grin
mttcheew...inconclusive president

Anyway this is how we roll down south

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by obailala(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
Rivers state is no doubt full of animals and led by thugs. angry

There are 36 states in Nigeria but just one state continues to fight and kill its indigenes because of election. Shame on Rivers!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by truthalways(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
What is the difference between the North and the South now? More blood has been shed in the South than in the North since the 2015 general elections.
Me think that the South is starting to go mad or maybe the South has always been mad, but never just displayed it. undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Temmytea70(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
And in the end, it'll seem like no life was lost because the election process will still continue.... RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by chrisxxx(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
emmmm
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Growingboi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Gush! BUHARY WHY? No election that has nt been mal under your watch. Please is there any English to qualify the rescheduled election as the re-run is inconclusive? Maybe RE-RAN or RE-WALK or better still RE-WORK.
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by SaiBuharii: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
I don't know why a youth corper that is educated, stays at Rivers and has an idea of the politics that goes on at Rivers will still go ahead and partake in the election, no matter how much he/she will be paid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Rex007: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
After all the wahala of previous elections in Rivers state, corpers still volunteer to participate as adhoc staff in the name of what? Patriotism or poverty? Mtcheww.... R.I.P

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by mercyymai(f): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
May God have mercy! Election is now something else in our beloved country

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Jesus Christ, may GOD punish those politicians, either wike or amaechi , may their souls rot in hell....

AMEN

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Tripleclick(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
BUHARI CONTESTED WITH IGBO MAN.. DID IGBOS VOTE HIM?? NO!

HE CONTESTED 3 TIMES... DID IGBOS VOTED FOR HIM?? NOO!!

YOU KNOW WHY??

BUHARI HAS NO SINGLE HUMANITY IN HIM, A RELIGIOUS ARROGANT FANATIC

MORE FIGHTS AND BLOOD SHED MAY CONTINUE AS FAR AS BUHARI IS THE PRESIDENT... HE HAS INSERTED HATRED AMONG PEOPLE AND TRIBES... 2019 Will be more bloody

DOGS AND BABOONS!! i hail

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by sheunsheun(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
U neva see chum chin. Actually i took part in the Gov/Pre election, nd it was hell, i actually cried on duty. Rivers pple ar heartless wen it cums 2 election. They ar jst too violent. And u ve 2 understand the no party is saint. Both will do anytin 2 gt to power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by MoneyGreen(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Inec should please cancel all the election now. Nd Wike should be forcefully remove without impeachment and any payoff and be thrown into kuje prison to chill with Shege Dasuki.. angry

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by boboLIL(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
I can't die for touts oh.... The quest for money.... So that guy no see as everywhere hot still commot de conduct election fr the state wey hin no sabi? Rip ... Apc/pdp don waste this fellow..... Amaechi and wike de house de enjoy....

Youth biko wen una go get sense?

Common sense is nt common oh.....
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Bigii(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari is a dumbo undecided

1 Like

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by oglalasioux(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
agabusta:

You have come again with warped reasoning without having facts of the incident.

She is not far from the truth.
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
I want to use this medium to beg any young person who is still in school/about to graduate...(on 2 knees) please ignore this NYSC crap. Take your chances in something else please. No one can guarantee your safety. The government doesnt give a shìt about you. God knows if I was graduating at this time I wont.
Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by maishai: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
We just have short memories, any corper that saw pictures of the massacre of the 2011 elections will not near any poling boot especially with all the threats,warning and hate speech meted out by both parties.....Anyway RIP corper,many have gone b4 you and were never remembered serving their country

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by Truckpusher(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
MadCow1:
The Niger Delta man is his own worst Enemy. angry angry angry angry angry angry

This election just showed me that both Parties don't have the interest of Rivers People at heart. angry

This Generation has failed us the younger Niger Delta generation. angry

This election exercise was a big shame and disgrace to Rivers People. angry
Yeah, We should fold our hands and watch a sitting minister of an administration whose zero respect for the country's institutions is well documented to threaten us with federal might ? If you people are blind and deaf to Amaechi's political machinations in Rivers State with the blessings of Buhari ,then we are ready to go to any length to make the world know the true nature of the man we call our 'President' .

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA by SuccessJay(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
So Disheartening.... R.I.p corper and d odas who lost their lives.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Denies Using Presidential Jet For His Wedding / Kassim Afegbua Declares Support For APC, Ize-Iyamu In Edo / Is Asari Dokubo Aggrieved And Want Tompolo’s Contract?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.