Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics (1148 Views)

Youths In Anambra Kill Cow And Enjoyed Nsala Day After Boycotting Election / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / OPINION; There Is No Nexus Between Tinubu And Saraki Trial At CCT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 8:51am On Mar 22, 2016
I have heard many "patriotic" Nigerians, overtime claim our politics has not in any way matured simply because we keep having recycled, old, weak, and worn out politicians who should have long declared that they are out of the political game. While I agree with this stand, I have also come to find out that the problem is not really these old men coming back like Deja Vu, but the inability of those who call themselves the leaders if tomorrow to take the reins and send subliminal, yet soothing words to our old politicians that they can indeed take on the task before them.

In a country as Nigeria where many youths claim to be enlightened and have attained a status most people envy, it is still quite jarring to the ears that our definition of 'young's in Nigeria's politics starts from around 50 years in age. Perhaps we have not asked why we keep having recycled leaders from time immemorial. Unfortunately, the future of Nigeria, if we're to judge with the ongoing is not I'm the hands of her youths, neither is it in the hands of the old men whose primary purpose is to have a field day and perhaps transfer their seats to their children like Nigeria is under a monarchial rule.

What then is the problem here? Simple, her youths, Nigeria's youths whom vultures, old politicians have resorted to use as mercenaries in carrying out their selfish gains. Unfortunately, while the absent of jobs keep thinning out by the day, an average Nigerian youth considers it a privilege to be used as a mercenary all for a few cool cash. The paradigm shift, perhaps may just never come till thy kingdom come.

While it is normal to align oneself with a political ideology cum belief, the Nigerian youth has taken his game to a whole new level; kill and destroy your opponent if an opportunity presents itself or perhaps, rain words and abuses at the "enemy" of our camp. Interestingly, greedy politicians, irrespective of their leaning, all know they are all friends and have one thing in common; loot under the guise of the umbrella and broom.

For these hired warlords, it's a war to the end. "The President is a weakling" is the chant of some while "the opposition will never come close to the seat" is the refrain of the "reigning camp". "Zombies" and "Wailers", being the two gladiator camps in Nigeria's politics have a way of overlooking the many atrocities committed by "heroes". While these old politicians have done little next to nothing to better the lives of their followers, the struggle for positive projection of party interest and positive personality projection remain as green as ever.

Rather than condemn the speech of Rivers state governor who threatened violence before the recent rerun in the state, "baboon and dog soaked in blood" quote which has now become infamous follows, all in a bid to justify Wike's violent approach. And rather than quiz why a Nigerian Minister would choose to abandon his duties at the detriment of a rerun election, his yours truly followers would not stop eulogizing "the Lion", whatever that means.

Beyond APC and PDP, the Nigerian youth sees nothing. The blame game is eternal and the grievance is indeed red hot like crimson. The Nigerian youth is a social media warlord and his ready to blame whatever his "boss" does wrong on the other camp. What he fails to realize is that cross carpeting with no shame is what a typical Nigerian politician would put up while he welcomes the "new" politician into their fold.

Unfortunately, the old politician can go to sleep with both eyes closed, knowing fully well that someone on social media has got his back. This perhaps explain why we keep having a vicious cycle in the political sphere. Quite disturbing is a situation where you have supposed enemies counsel and dish advice to themselves as seen here: https://www.today.ng/news/national/57117/dont-allow-anyone-use-your-victory-to-cause-trouble-akpabio-tells-buhari

From meme posters to hired "attackers", the Nigerian youth has come, through his actions, to reckon with the fact that he cannot take initiative for himself. And being present on every social media platform available to Nigerians at the moment, the eternal frenzy of attack and assault may never come to end because the paradigm shift is an utopia that exists only in books. The Nigerian youth at this point is condemned to see nothing because all he is is a hired goon.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by rusher14: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2016
I can't even predict the line of bashing you would receive but I know it's coming.
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by thesicilian: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2016
Nigerian youths do not take things seriously, they turn every situation into a joke instead of sitting down to brainstorm on the way forward. A very good example is, just watch, before long they'll come here to either start shouting Buhari, GEJ, APC or PDP.
Again I think education plays a great role also in the high level of decay we have found ourselves as youths today. We tend to focus too much on paper achievements for good jobs instead of problem solving skills!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by benedictnsi(m): 9:00am On Mar 22, 2016
[size=14pt] I Have Hope...... I don't know about you [/size]

1 Like

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by temitemi1(m): 9:00am On Mar 22, 2016
Just wait n see...
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by mrphysics(m): 9:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Coming back to comment. Let me finish reading it
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by bonechamberlain(m): 9:08am On Mar 22, 2016
OK.
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by NiRfreak(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2016
before nkor
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:30am On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigerian youths do not take things seriously, they turn every situation into a joke instead of sitting down to brainstorm on the way forward. A very good example is, just watch, before long they'll come here to either start shouting Buhari, GEJ, APC or PDP.
Again I think education plays a great role also in the high level of decay we have found ourselves as youths today. We tend to focus too much on paper achievements for good jobs instead of problem solving skills!
Perhaps we should start distinguishing between being schooled and being educated. Most Nigerian youths are schooled but not educated. I guess it explains the reason why many would rather take every of Nigeria's problems to be either the APC or the PDP. It's a pitiable situation if you ask me.
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2016
rusher14:
I can't even predict the line of bashing you would receive but I know it's coming.
It still does not take out the fact that Nigerian youths cannot think for themselves and make crucial decisions when the need arises.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2016
benedictnsi:
[size=14pt] I Have Hope...... I don't know about you [/size]
Everyone has hope. With regards to politics, do you?
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by benedictnsi(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2016
Sanchez01:
Everyone has hope. With regards to politics, do you?

[size=14pt] Sure, I do..... [/size]
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by rusher14: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2016
Sanchez01:

It still does not take out the fact that Nigerian youths cannot think for themselves and make crucial decisions when the need arises.

To an extent I agree with you.

It's a 2-way Street.

These young men and women have been so highly impoverished, brainwashed and manipulated they hardly know their right from their left.

The country has a way of encouraging the "oluwa pick my call" mentality.

My People cannot think for themselves truly but that's because they've been formatted that way.

A little bit of exposure to advanced nations might help.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2016
rusher14:

To an extent I agree with you.

It's a 2-way Street.

These young men and women have been so highly impoverished, brainwashed and manipulated they hardly know their right from their left.

The country has a way of encouraging the "oluwa pick my call" mentality.

My People cannot think for themselves truly but that's because they've been formatted that way.

A little bit of exposure to advanced nations might help.
Gbam, you said it right!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2016
temitemi1:
Just wait n see...
So you're hereundecided?
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Sanchez01: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2016
mrphysics:
Coming back to comment. Let me finish reading it
Since
Re: Opinion: There Is No Hope For Youths In Nigeria's Politics by Viktor1983(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
Two roles for the "yoot" ;be a wailer or a zombie.

(1) (Reply)

Man Assassinated At Oando Filing-station In Port-harcourt (viewers' Discretion) / 15 Awesome Photos You’ve Never Seen Before / Building Nigeria, Not An Overnight Operation, US Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.