Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,367 members, 7,864,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

We Niger Deltans - A Story Of A Confirmed MEND follower - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Niger Deltans - A Story Of A Confirmed MEND follower (637 Views)

Ben Murray-bruce’s Reply To A Rude Follower / Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) / Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Niger Deltans - A Story Of A Confirmed MEND follower by nuemann: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
Well it's such a funny thing really when you read this post but my friends in Lagos and the entire west you do not know what is coming to hit you. We in the Niger Delta are not touts or criminals as you would believe. Your youths am sure would rather settle for jobs that are less worthy and gotten through your language and other means that is not universal and let your elders have their sway. You call them baba, olowo. If you were truly aggrieved with Olusegun he would have peace in his farm, which had just five pigs and 20 thousand Naira as at 1999.

We in the Niger Delta have seen through the camels eyes. I dropped out of school because my sponsor was down with a disease that was caused by the degradation from oil exploration. I started out admiring the computer and now am so vast that in hacker culture ,  am a geek! but am not certificated, philosophy and astrology has been educative enough to make me know that when people are happy because of my actions, my spirits are usually elated; in essence we are advanced in thoughts and character (who wins the National Sports Festival year in year out?).
We have seen that we can not live enough on materials things along because our time here on earth is limited. If you by chance doubt I will ask you to try with any question that has a universal appeal - Calculus through to nuclear fusion, missile defense, cloud computing, Networking, soiling computer systems and programming, Systems engineering, Telepathy and just bring it on. With all these knowledge am hoping to get certificated someday and not bring a bank's network down one day and seize the opportunity to work on it's vulnerability.
We in the Niger Delta listen to sounds like Pop, Jazz, country, New world, R n B and a host of others,  not junks you get fed with by lily wad that your bleeped up society celebrate it's lack of creativity and inspiration.
We leave all the beauties that are in there in world to chase for a cause that has been foisted on us by NIGERIA. Joust how much does it take fix Power with all the Professors, electricians, mechanics, and what other professionals that are out there. Just how much did you repatriate from Abacha. Isn’t it funny that National Security in the next 10to 20 years is being compromised with the sale of Refineries, Nitel, M-tel, and other National ininstitutionsequired to fast track our development? What you call education is a stupid waste of time, and resources. If every Nigerian University graduate performed a project before leaving school, why are they so many applicants working the streets with so much money to brand and rebrand Nigeria? When do we hope to sit down and build a Nigeria of our own where Obama's visit wouldn't be a national issue, as a face saving resource?
Left to me Nigerian party people (of course they are not politicians) have failed the country. Fani Kayode a pauper a few months ago now goes about with 7 hefty body guards. Cocoa money, shey? OBJ earns about 1 million naira daily from his farm. Cocoa money, abi? I for one love making people feel uncomfortable when they choose basal life. So these self serving government official deserve every bit of what they are getting from the brotherhood; MEND-a Consortium of special people for special things! Nigeria sorry!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Condemn Detention, Torture Of Police Officer By Chris Uba / Militants Threaten Kaduna. / What's On President Umaru Yar'adua's i-POD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.