Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) (10288 Views)

What Have We Niger Deltas Benefited From Nigeria / Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
My attention was drawn to a thread by momentoftruth "Niger Deltan beware: Divide and Rule Politics" where the OP of the thread made a ridiculous allegation that Chief Ayirimi Emami is responsible for the recent bombings in Escravos because he decamped to APC. That is a baseless accusation that has no merit and no weight, as usual the Ijaws would rather blame someone else for their sons troubles and start preaching "We Niger Delta" as soon as something is not in their favor.
Is Ayiri the only politician in Delta state to have left PDP? What party is your godfather E.K Clark?. Or should I assume he has a hand in this bombings as well. Since he is probably looking for soft landing with the ruling party too.
When the Ijaws stole Omadino land, why did you guys not scream we Niger Delta, no divide and rule. Or is Okerenghigho, where the Martime Univerity site situated an Ijaw land? . How about you guys show the Niger Delta brotherly love by giving Omadino people what is rightfully their.
When Tompolo threatened hell on earth, if "Gbaramatu" was not included in the name of EPZ which led to his brother delaying the groundbreaking ceremony and the eventual inclusion of Gbaramatu in the name. Where was the shout of "We Niger Delta" and we will have been brothers for centuries.
When all these was happening, where did your sense of brotherly love go?
Tompolo should face the charges against him like a man instead of looking for who to blame for his problems. He ate way more than anyone else during GEJ tenure, he was like a demigod in Warri. Now he should also be man enough to face the consequences of his actions. The NIMASA fraud that he has been accussed of, which other of our fellow Niger Deltans brother benefited from the fraud? No Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, delta igbo, Efik, Ibibio. Just y'all and your brothers, amnesty and security, you guys took the lion share. For 6 years you ate fat, acting like kings, giving your brothers crumbs, you even stole some of their lands and invaded others, now shit has hit the fan, you are no longer in power and you remember your brothers........GTFOH.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by LordMecuzy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:
My attention was drawn to a thread by momentoftruth "Niger Deltan beware: Divide and Rule Politics" where the OP of the thread made a ridiculous allegation that Chief Ayirimi Emami is responsible for the recent bombings in Escravos because he decamped to APC. That is a baseless accusation that has no merit and no weight, as usual the Ijaws would rather blame someone else for their sons troubles and start preaching "We Niger Delta" as soon as something is not in their favor.
Is Ayiri the only politician in Delta state to have left PDP? What party is your godfather E.K Clark?. Or should I assume he has a hand in this bombings as well. Since he is probably looking for soft landing with the ruling party too.
When the Ijaws stole Omadino land, why did you guys not scream we Niger Delta, no divide and rule. Or is Okerenghigho, where the Martime Univerity site situated an Ijaw land? . How about you guys show the Niger Delta brotherly love by giving Omadino people what is rightfully their.
When Tompolo threatened hell on earth, if "Gbaramatu" was not included in the name of EPZ which led to his brother delaying the groundbreaking ceremony and the eventual inclusion of Gbaramatu in the name. Where was the shout of "We Niger Delta" and we will have been brothers for centuries.
When all these was happening, where did your sense of brotherly love go?
Tompolo should face the charges against him like a man instead of looking for who to blame for his problems. He ate way more than anyone else during GEJ tenure, he was like a demigod in Warri. Now he should also be man enough to face the consequences of his actions. The NIMASA fraud that he has been accussed of, which other of our fellow Niger Deltans brother benefited from the fraud? No Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, delta igbo, Efik, Ibibio. Just y'all and your brothers, amnesty and security, you guys took the lion share. For 6 years you ate fat, acting like kings, giving your brothers crumbs, you even stole some of their lands and invaded others, now shit has hit the fan, you are no longer in power and you remember your brothers........GTFOH.

Are you saying the Amnesty was mainly an ijaw settlement welfare programme?? I thought it was shared evenly across the Niger Delta.
Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
LordMecuzy:

Are you saying the Amnesty was mainly an ijaw settlement welfare programme?? I thought it was shared evenly across the Niger Delta.

Evenly? Not even close. You can ask the other tribes from the Niger Delta, ask other Rivers people, I'm not even sure people from Akwa Ibom and Cross River got anything meaningful. It was concentrated in Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa, and Ijaws got way more than the lion share.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by LMFashions: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Tonyebarcanista what sayeth thou? grin
Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by EastanPower(m): 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
The ijaws are a very treachrous group of people, just take a look at the monkey edwin clark in the bigger political space and tonyebarcanista on nl.

9 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
@OP You aren't acting sane. Which Ijaw blamed itsekirii? The creator of that thread is an IPOB Biafran not Ijaw.

Thanks and Respect Yourself

7 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by HopeAtHand: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
The Op made some valid points. Lemme leave it at that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by MyGeneration(m): 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP You aren't acting sane. Which Ijaw blamed itsekirii? The creator of that thread is an IPOB Biafran not Ijaw.

LoL... See thief, just as the ijaw nature of stealing whats not yours and blaming it on others, mumu.

22 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Go check Gbaramatu Voice page on facebook, and other Delta Ijaw's pages on facebook. The Ijaws have been accusing Chief Ayiri since his interview on channels. They are even threatening war if the FG should arrest Tompolo. So you call your people to order first before asking who is sane. I have no problem with you as you seem really level headed, but i won't continue to it quiet while the name of my people are dragged in the mud because a citizen of the land said they shouldn't bomb oil installation in his fathers land anymore.
Again if the things I stated in the OP are lies, you can prove me wrong with facts and i will gladly listen. While at it, also tell your people to give back Omadino's land, Okerenghigho and not Okerenkoko there are court judgement to ascertain that fact.

Peace

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Op, you just wake up.?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Go check Gbaramatu Voice page on facebook, and other Delta Ijaw's pages on facebook. The Ijaws have been accusing Chief Ayiri since his interview on channels. They are even threatening war if the FG should arrest Tompolo. So you call your people to order first before asking who is sane. I have no problem with you as you seem really level headed, but i won't continue to it quiet while the name of my people are dragged in the mud because a citizen of the land said they shouldn't bomb oil installation in his fathers land anymore.
Again if the things I stated in the OP are lies, you can prove me wrong with facts and i will gladly listen. While at it, also tell your people to give back Omadino's land, Okerenghigho and not Okerenkoko there are court judgement to ascertain that fact.

Peace
I will ignore some of your words but the emboldened is a different subject. That land has been our ancestral land but some of you guys woke up one morning to lay claim. The truth is that not even the International Court of Justice can effect any change. Okerenkoko remains Okerenkoko as it has always been since time immemorial. This is a different subject that can't be addressed through words exchange.

As for who is responsible for the bombing or who is not, that is left for the government and community investigators.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
RightBoo:
Op, you just wake up.?

Bros, na make peace dey and na we we niger delta in the end....We are brothers, we will fight ourselves and figure a way out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by kpogede77: 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okurin means man in yoruba language while Okeren means man in Itsekiri language. There is no World like Okeren in Ijaw language. The name of the community before Ijaw tried to change it is okerenghigho which is old man. Okerenghigho is the name in the original certificate of occupancy but Tompolo forged a C of O and use it to sell the land to FG. EFCC knows this and he knows that he is guity as charged that is why he resulted to pipeline bombing

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by asadike(f): 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eh eh eh eh, make i port here. Dis thread go dey interesting. taste my isi ewu for pepper, ok pepper dey, make i go buy smirnoff,i dey come. Na here i go spend d night. lalasticlala, join me.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I will ignore some of your words but the emboldened is a different subject. That land has been our ancestral land but some of you guys woke up one morning to lay claim. The truth is that not even the International Court of Justice can effect any change. Okerenkoko remains Okerenkoko as it has always been since time immemorial. This is a different subject that can't be addressed through words exchange.

As for who is responsible for the bombing or who is not, that is left for the government and community investigators.

I will refer you to the post above mine for an answer to that. Is it not always funny that the Ijaws have ancestral land everywhere? But they are always shy to produce evidence to ascertain such. Also Gbaramatu was under the overlorship of the Olu of Warri, since time immemorial so how can you be lorded over in your ancestral land?
What is Omadino's will be rightfully taken back. Only you ancestral land in Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers. There is no one that is no your ancestral land. You guys are serial ancestral land draggers and that is also a known fact . The same land you are calling ancestral land today, your people destroyed during crisis. Every land that the Ijaws stole from the Itsekiri's, during and after the crisis will be rightfully taken back. You see as God take work for Okerenghigho matter now?
I also see that you carefully ignored talking about EPZ Ogidigben issue, as well as how you guys treated your fellow brothers when it came to amnesty and pipeline security matter.

13 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by MyGeneration(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
Its just funny how ijaws repay back people who accommodated them by spitting on there face.
IJAWS are known to be fishermen who dont have land but live in boat house's and migrate occasionally, someone who accommodated u to fish in there coast 50years later there children start fighting with the owners of the land even wanting to expand into more...

19 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by stebell(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Evenly? Not even close. You can ask the other tribes from the Niger Delta, ask other Rivers people, I'm not even sure people from Akwa Ibom and Cross River got anything meaningful. It was concentrated in Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa, and Ijaws got way more than the lion share.

It is simple. Ijaws has been on the fore front of the struggle while the rest of you sits on the fence.

Does the name Isaac Boro ring a bell??

Well I don't hav time to give this rubbish of yours credence.
Continue in ur childish act if it makes yu happy. Unam!

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

I will refer you to the post above mine for an answer to that. Is it not always funny that the Ijaws have ancestral land everywhere? But they are always shy to produce evidence to ascertain such. Also Gbaramatu was under the overlorship of the Olu of Warri, since time immemorial so how can you be lorded over in your ancestral land?
What is Omadino's will be rightfully taken back. Only you ancestral land in Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers. There is no one that is no your ancestral land. You guys are serial ancestral land draggers and that is also a known fact . The same land you are calling ancestral land today, your people destroyed during crisis. Every land that the Ijaws stole from the Itsekiri's, during and after the crisis will be rightfully taken back. You see as God take work for Okerenghigho matter now?
I also see that you carefully ignored talking about EPZ Ogidigben issue, as well as how you guys treated your fellow brothers when it came to amnesty and pipeline security matter.
The term "state" as we have in Nigeria is nothing but a political arrangement. The ijaws were lumped with other groups across different states. If you don't understand the reason behind Oil Rivers and Toru Ibe states agitation. Even the present day Delta state was an arrangement of IBB, the people in Warri agitated for Warri state, while the other grÓups made ANIOMA state agitation. I won't go deep! Ijawlands irrespective how balkanised they are remain Ijawland and was never subjects to Olu of Itsekiri!

For the record, the Itsekiri monarch has always been Olu of Itsekiri until Awolowo changed it to Olu of Warri in the 50s. His loyalists are only his itsekiri people.

Goodnyt!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
kpogede77:
Okurin means man in yoruba language while Okeren means man in Itsekiri language. There is no World like Okeren in Ijaw language. The name of the community before Ijaw tried to change it is okerenghigho which is old man. Okerenghigho is the name in the original certificate of occupancy but Tompolo forged a C of O and use it to sell the land to FG. EFCC knows this and he knows that he is guity as charged that is why he resulted to pipeline bombing
Wari means House in Ijaw Language. Does that mean that Ijaws owns entire Warri? And who told you that Okorenkoko means nothing in Ijaw? Are you an Ijawman? I don't blame people like you, I blame the useless Oyibos that came with their rubbish to create this confusion. If they hadn't invaded Ijawland we won't be seeing this rubbish.

As for Tompolo, whether he forged C of O or not is the story for the judge. Take your case to the court or to police station

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by EternalTruths: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Respect yourself

Why must you involve Igbos in your war with another SS tribe.

Fight the war you created for the Ijaws

I pity wise and righteous people like dearpreye whose caution you have thrown into the bush. angry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The term "state" as we have in Nigeria is nothing but a political arrangement. The ijaws were lumped with other groups across different states. If you don't understand the reason behind Oil Rivers and Toru Ibe states agitation. Even the present day Delta state was an arrangement of IBB, the people in Warri agitated for Warri state, while the other grÓups made ANIOMA state agitation. I won't go deep! Ijawlands irrespective how balkanised they are remain Ijawland and was never subjects to Olu of Itsekiri!

For the record, the Itsekiri monarch has always been Olu of Itsekiri until Awolowo changed it to Olu of Warri in the 50s. His loyalists are only his itsekiri people.

Goodnyt!

If you repeat lies long enough people will start taking it as the truth.

16-9-1602 King Philip gives Domingos a scholarship for Coimbra

I, the King, declare to those who see this letter of mine, that, since I had Dom Domingos, son of the king of Warri, come from his land to study in Coimbra, and I have ordered him to be received in the college of the St. Jerome religious, which is in the city of Coimbra. I have decided that as long as he stays there to study, he should have from my account 200,000 reals annually, which should take effect on the day that the Rector of the college certifies that he has entered and begun his studies and continue thenceforward. Therefore I command Dom Fernando de Noronha, count of Linhares, my beloved nephew, state counsellor and overseer of my account, to enter into my account book the 200,000 reals for Dom Domingo, and send it to him annually on my behalf in installments at a good rate, for the purpose of his studies in that college, from the time he begins studying and thenceforward, as has been said. This letter shall have the force of a document etc.

Antao da Rocha drew up this letter in Lisbon, on 16 September 1602. Sebastião Perestrello was the scribe.

You can check this link, http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/DH02E.htm for more Dom Domingo, the son of THE KING OF WARRI references. You cab try to wish your history, but these records cannot be wished away. Warri was already an established nation, before the Europeans came in or was it still Awolowo that to the Portuguese to refer to Dom Domingo as the Prince of Warri? So yeah we totally agitated for Warri state.

There is also this as regards the overlordship;

(b) Intelligence Report on Itsekiri Sub-tribe by R. B. Kerr: (Asst. District Officer) 1931: Annexure ‘N’

"...The Ogbe-Ijo village group is included in the Itsekiri Local Administration by its express wish. It appears to have lost touch completely with the Operemor Ijo clan from which it originally came. It has intermingled closely with the Itsekiris and prefers to be considered a part of ltsekiri Local Administration to being included in the Western Ijo Division. It desires restricted judicial powers as part of a (an) Itsekiri native court. The Itsekiri Sub-tribe agrees to this proposal and also to its representation upon the Itsekiri Sub-tribal council. It is accordingly included inside the Itsekiri-Sobo Divisional Boundary..."

"The Gbaramatu Clan controls the disposition within thc area of fishing, hunting and occupancy rights over land and water subject to the rights of the Itsekiri Council representing the Olu (of Warri) to see that it does not confer rights on strangers without its consent. The Olu, as overlord, received one-third of all rents collected from strangers by the Gbaramatu Clan.

Nigerians on here know which people have an affinity for taking others properties, as spoils of war. Like someone rightly stated above, the Ijaws were given lands by friendly people to fish on along the coasts, now their grand children are claiming everything with either word of mouth or by the barrel of the gun. No evidence or facts is required when the Ijaws come calling for your land.

13 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
MyGeneration:
Its just funny how ijaws repay back people who accommodated them by spitting on there face.
IJAWS are known to be fishermen who dont have land but live in boat house's and migrate occasionally, someone who accommodated u to fish in there coast 50years later there children start fighting with the owners of the land even wanting to expand into more...

What happened in Port Harcourt lends credence to your post. Igbos were used as scapegoat to take over Ikwerre lands.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Wari means House in Ijaw Language. Does that mean that Ijaws owns entire Warri? And who told you that Okorenkoko means nothing in Ijaw? Are you an Ijawman? I don't blame people like you, I blame the useless Oyibos that came with their rubbish to create this confusion. If they hadn't invaded Ijawland we won't be seeing this rubbish.

As for Tompolo, whether he forged C of O or not is the story for the judge. Take your case to the court or to police station

Also the case has been taken to court and the court has ascertained that the land rightfully belongs to Omadino. But in your earlier post, you said no court judgement will make you guys give back the land to its rightful owners.

@ stebell, the Niger Delta Republic Boro fought for did not include Warri and the Itsekiri nation. We already had a semi autonomous State in the Midwest. You guys enjoyed largely because you are in the forefront abi, now suffer the consequences of your looting and fraud without dragging those of us not in the forefront into it. Or forefront don tire una.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by Dedetwo(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
MyGeneration:

Per the emboldened phrase, Ijaw were European porters turned fishermen. Ijaw is as good as the word - Brass.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
All these are concocted thrash from your own sympathisers can never take the place of fact. The Olu of Iwere(Itsekiriland), King of Ouwerre. His reign was restricted to Iwereland(or Itsekiri section of Warri). Now read this....
In 1914, Lord Lugard created Nigeria by amalgamating the Northern and Southern protectorates. For administrative purposes, provinces were created throughout the new country. A province was named after "Warri" and this province encompassed Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko, Ndokwa and Itsekiri lands.

During preparations to resume the Itsekiri monarchy by the coronation of Ginuwa II in 1936, official references were to the "Olu of Warri". However, the Urhobo Progressive Union, under the leadership of Chief Mukoro Mowoe, prevailed on the colonial administration to change the title to "Olu of Itsekiri". His argument was that the entire Urhobo Division, being part of Warri Province, could be construed to under the Olu's domain

Awo in 1952 had to revert to Olu of Warri but renamed the then Warri Province as Delta Province so as to capture ONLY Itsekiriland
It is noteworthy that, after a riot and an inquiry in 1952, Chief Obafemi Awolowo invited both Itsekiri and Urhobo delegations to present their case for and against the Itsekiri monarch being called the Olu of Warri. The late Chief M.E.R. Okorodudu presented the Itsekiri case based on historical facts and common sense. Chief P.K. Tobiowo spoke for the Urhobos but did not dispute the historicity of the Itsekiri claim. He merely repeated Chief Mowoe's assertion of 1936 that since Warri Province included other homelands, the title "Olu of Warri" would suggest that the Olu was titular head not only of Warri Division but also to other divisions within the province. Chief Okorodudu then suggested that the name of the province be changed to Delta, confining "Warri" to Itsekiri homeland which had been the Olu's domain for centuries. Both the Urhobo delegate and the Government accepted this compromise. This was then presented to the Western House of Assembly in Ibadan where it was debated and adopted. The name of the province was therefore changed to Delta and title of the Olu of Warri reverted to its original form.
Please read more www.waado.org/organizations/uhs/warripeacecongress/BackgroundPapers/ItekiriBackgroundPaper.html

I have no time for these back and forth. Na the yeye British I still blame!

Goodnyt
WeNigerDelta:

If you repeat lies long enough people will start taking it as the truth.

16-9-1602 King Philip gives Domingos a scholarship for Coimbra

I, the King, declare to those who see this letter of mine, that, since I had Dom Domingos, son of the king of Warri, come from his land to study in Coimbra, and I have ordered him to be received in the college of the St. Jerome religious, which is in the city of Coimbra. I have decided that as long as he stays there to study, he should have from my account 200,000 reals annually, which should take effect on the day that the Rector of the college certifies that he has entered and begun his studies and continue thenceforward. Therefore I command Dom Fernando de Noronha, count of Linhares, my beloved nephew, state counsellor and overseer of my account, to enter into my account book the 200,000 reals for Dom Domingo, and send it to him annually on my behalf in installments at a good rate, for the purpose of his studies in that college, from the time he begins studying and thenceforward, as has been said. This letter shall have the force of a document etc.

Antao da Rocha drew up this letter in Lisbon, on 16 September 1602. Sebastião Perestrello was the scribe.

You can check this link, http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/DH02E.htm for more Dom Domingo, the son of THE KING OF WARRI references. You cab try to wish your history, but these records cannot be wished away. Warri was already an established nation, before the Europeans came in or was it still Awolowo that to the Portuguese to refer to Dom Domingo as the Prince of Warri? So yeah we totally agitated for Warri state.

There is also this as regards the overlordship;

(b) Intelligence Report on Itsekiri Sub-tribe by R. B. Kerr: (Asst. District Officer) 1931: Annexure ‘N’

"...The Ogbe-Ijo village group is included in the Itsekiri Local Administration by its express wish. It appears to have lost touch completely with the Operemor Ijo clan from which it originally came. It has intermingled closely with the Itsekiris and prefers to be considered a part of ltsekiri Local Administration to being included in the Western Ijo Division. It desires restricted judicial powers as part of a (an) Itsekiri native court. The Itsekiri Sub-tribe agrees to this proposal and also to its representation upon the Itsekiri Sub-tribal council. It is accordingly included inside the Itsekiri-Sobo Divisional Boundary..."

"The Gbaramatu Clan controls the disposition within thc area of fishing, hunting and occupancy rights over land and water subject to the rights of the Itsekiri Council representing the Olu (of Warri) to see that it does not confer rights on strangers without its consent. The Olu, as overlord, received one-third of all rents collected from strangers by the Gbaramatu Clan.

Nigerians on here know which people have an affinity for taking others properties, as spoils of war. Like someone rightly stated above, the Ijaws were given lands by friendly people to fish on along the coasts, now their grand children are claiming everything with either word of mouth or by the barrel of the gun. No evidence or facts is required when the Ijaws come calling for your land.
Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by Rival(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
It surprises me that you hear of OTHER NIGER DELTANS only when sharing of something is involved but they all hide in times of crises, leaving the Ijaws to fight alone. Which of the other niger deltans complaining have ever assumed a frontline position in any struggle in the niger delta? Nonesense.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Also the case has been taken to court and the court has ascertained that the land rightfully belongs to Omadino. But in your earlier post, you said no court judgement will make you guys give back the land to its rightful owners.

@ stebell, the Niger Delta Republic Boro fought for did not include Warri and the Itsekiri nation. We already had a semi autonomous State in the Midwest. You guys enjoyed largely because you are in the forefront abi, now suffer the consequences of your looting and fraud without dragging those of us not in the forefront into it. Or forefront don tire una.
Which owners? If you guys don't know your boundary you should go to International Court of Justice. The fact remains that Ijaws won't let go an inch of her ancestral land. Instead, we shall gain more.

Abeg, I no get time for this talk! We are not bothered
Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by joeprince23(m): 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
HopeAtHand:
The Op made some valid points. Lemme leave it at that.
niger delta is actually an acronym used by riverine ijos to oppress other groups in southern nigeria especially in rivers bayelsa and delta

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
All these are concocted thrash from your own sympathisers can never take the place of fact. The Olu of Iwere(Itsekiriland), King of Ouwerre. His reign was restricted to Iwereland(or Itsekiri section of Warri). Now read this....

Awo in 1952 had to revert to Olu of Warri but renamed the then Warri Province as Delta Province so as to capture ONLY Itsekiriland

Please read more www.waado.org/organizations/uhs/warripeacecongress/BackgroundPapers/ItekiriBackgroundPaper.html

I have no time for these back and forth. Na the yeye British I still blame!

Goodnyt

Bros I swear na me they vex for the British pass. Also you quoted wadoo an Urhobo biased website, but discredited http://www.dhspriory.org, Catholic Portuguese school as Itsekiri sympathizer but wadoo is neutral right?
Also according to what you posted "Chief P.K. Tobiowo spoke for the Urhobos but did not dispute the historicity of the Itsekiri claim." How come you guys are now disputing it?. There was also eighty eight years interregnum (1848 – 1936), so there was King in the kingdom for that period. Records prior to 1848 as shown in http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/DH02E.htm and many others you will tag Itsekiri sympathizers have shown that the title was King of Warri.
We will reclaim all our lost lands at the appropriate, we are not Igbos that let you guys sit on stolen property. Una nor fit kill us finish, and until una fit we will continue to fight for our lands.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Bros I swear na me they vex for the British pass. Also you quoted wadoo an Urhobo biased website, but discredited http://www.dhspriory.org, Catholic Portuguese school as Itsekiri sympathizer but wadoo is neutral right?
Also according to what you posted "Chief P.K. Tobiowo spoke for the Urhobos but did not dispute the historicity of the Itsekiri claim." How come you guys are now disputing it?
The time done they come, una don dey feel the heat small small they one blame Itsekiri.
The ter… Warri/Iwereland as it was known was restricted to Itsekiri and not the entire Warri Division(which was created by the British and lumped other groups). That was why the Olu title was named as Olu of Itsekiri. What we are saying is that that the name Warri Division was expanded instead of the Brits to allow every group their autonomy. See this
History is replete with accounts and documentation of Warri as Itsekiri homeland or country. Notable historians from Professor Kenneth O. Dike, first Nigerian Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan and Professor of History at Harvard University, to Professor J.F. Ade Ajayi and Professor Obaro Ikime have contributed to works on Itsekiri history. The latter in his "Merchant Prince of Niger Delta" published in 1968 features a map of the Itsekiri Country, which he described as follows:

"… The Itsekiri inhabit the North-Western extremity of the Niger-Delta in an area bounded approximately by lat. 5°. 20' and 6°.N and long. 5°5' and 5° 40' East. Their neighbors are Binis to the North, the Ijo to the South; the Urhobos, to the East and the Yorubas of Ondo province to the Northwest".

With the advent of British rule, provinces were created. Warri Province was administered from Warri as one judicial, administrative and political unit. Quite understandably, the other ethnic groups protested being part of a singular administrative unit. Following researches into ethnic and clan system by administrative officers - Intelligence Reports and Court decisions- the unified structure was dismantled and separate Native Administrations were established based on homeland concept. A Warri Division (later Warri Local Government Area) was established in the Itsekiri homeland which, for historical reasons, also contained some settler enclaves inhabited mostly by Ijaws and Urhobos. The homeland concept led to the emergence of Divisional Councils in 1952. (1) The presence of Ijaw and Urhobo in Warri Division has been clearly described as that of settlers. Professor Lloyd states as follows

"The Itsekiri live in the westernmost part of the Niger Delta, bounded by the Bight of Benin on the West and ….. The Administrative Unit know as the Warri Division of the Delta Province, … includes groups of Ijaw settlements in the extreme North and South and of Urhobo settlements in the Southeast; the latter, however, are subordinate to the Itsekiri rulers. Neighbors of the Itsekiri are …."

The Itsekiriland/Warri as was known then is not the same geographical territory as the British created Warri division. You guys need to probe deep.

As for the source, it is an Urhobo site and they quoted relevant references
Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by WeNigerDelta: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The ter… Warri/Iwereland as it was known was restricted to Itsekiri and not the entire Warri Division(which was created by the British and lumped other groups). That was why the Olu title was named as Olu of Itsekiri. What we are saying is that that the name Warri Division was expanded instead of the Brits to allow every group their autonomy. See this

I am not claiming the entire Warri Division and wouldn't, I am bringing evidences from pre British colonial times. Also note that there was an eighty eight years interregnum (1848 – 1936) and there was no King during this period, and there are pre British colonial text that calls him "King of Warri" so it was after the interregnum that the whole Olu of Itsekiri brouhaha started. Please kindly show me any pre colonial text when there was any fuss made about the Kingship.

Again according to the article you quoted;
The presence of Ijaw and Urhobo in Warri Division has been clearly described as that of settlers. Professor Lloyd states as follows

"The Itsekiri live in the westernmost part of the Niger Delta, bounded by the Bight of Benin on the West and ….. The Administrative Unit know as the Warri Division of the Delta Province, … includes groups of Ijaw settlements in the extreme North and South and of Urhobo settlements in the Southeast; the latter, however, are subordinate to the Itsekiri rulers. Neighbors of the Itsekiri are …."

In these settlements, which includes Okerenghigho, the Ijaws are settlers fact. Also we are not going by the British, we are going by pre British colonial text, of Portuguese traders, Priests and Kings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Guy all these na back and forth and we no go agree on this subject.you wan begin twist that man word. You no knw say everybody migrate come and na who first reach wey get land? Abi na for clay dem from mould una?
WeNigerDelta:

I am not claiming the entire Warri Division and wouldn't, I am bringing evidences from pre British colonial times. Also note that there was an eighty eight years interregnum (1848 – 1936) and there was King during this period, and there are pre British colonial text that calls him "King of Warri" so it was after the interregnum that the whole Olu of Itsekiri brouhaha started. Please kindly show me any pre colonial text when there was any fuss made about the Kingship.

Again according to the article you quoted;
The presence of Ijaw and Urhobo in Warri Division has been clearly described as that of settlers. Professor Lloyd states as follows

In these settlements, which includes Okerenghigho, the Ijaws are settlers fact. Also we are not going by the British, we are going by pre British colonial text, of Portuguese traders, Priests and Kings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.