Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation (836 Views)

Senators Debate State Policing, Lament Security Situation / Rivers Rerun: APC Unleashes Full Weight Of Federal Might On Rivers / Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation by ccwizard: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
By JIMITOTA ONOYUMEPORT HARCOURT – GOVERNOR Nyesom Wike has called on the IndependentNational Electoral Commission, INEC, to declare results of the rerun elections that have so far been collated in the state.Nyesom WikeThr governor who spoke Tuesday when the Federated Correspondents Chapel of Nigerian Union of Journalists, in Rivers state paid him a courtesy visit in Government House, Port Harcourt said it was shocking that the electoral body was still holding back several results already collated and announced at the various collation centres.Continuing, the governor said the commission lacked powers to cancel results that have been announced at the various local government collation centres,“Does INEC have powers to cancel results that have been collated, announced at local government areas. You have no power. You know that a particular party has lost. Theycame with mights.Tell INEC to release results declared. You have announced that PDP won. What are you doing with them. Nigeria of today is not Nigeria of yesterday. People have becomed more aware.”, he said.The governor said the plan to impeach him through the state House of Assembly had failed, stressing that his party, the Peoples Democratic Party,was firmly on ground in the state.The governor said on the day of the election his opponents went about with intimidating military presence but his partyrelied on the people to coast to victory..“Part of the plan was to impeach me. Has the impeachment not died, it has died natural death. You planned to impeach me if youwin all the seats in the House, what has happened now. Hasthe impeachment not died. Come and impeach me na.They plan they dont know what God plans.”, he said.,He further described as laughable call by the APC for outright cancellation of the rerun elections.“APC is saying no proper training of adhoc staff. You can see father and son quarrelling. Imagine APC saying that they did not train their adhoc staff well. You may be laughing but it is a serious matter. I went about with 8 police.The DG NIMASA ,the former governor went about with over 100 soldiers. You will come to your father’s house, you stay in a hotel. In your state you stay in a hotel yet inAbuja you live in your house”Wike said his party had raisedalarm over the list of adhoc staff drawn for the election that they were mainly APC members but they were ignored. He said it was shocking now that the APC was saying that they should cancel the elections because the adhoc staff were not properly trained for the election.“You were here, we were shouting that a particular party was recruiting its members as adhoc staff, you did not report it. We even wrote to INEC, attached the names.Any where PDP is winning, collation officers ran away so that collation dont take place.”, he said.“Have you ever witnessed the level of soldiers they had here in any election. Look at APC saying inadequate security. One man was carrying over 20 soldiers, the Chairman of APC was going about with 20 soldiers.”, he said.On matters of insecurity, governor Wike said the politicization of heads of the various security bodies in the state was largely responsible.According to the governor, the frequent change of heads of these security bodies on the flimsy excuse that they were not giving him heat was having its effect on the system“Are you not the one causing insecurity in the state by your actions, you change Commissioner of Police, Director of DSS frequently because you think they are not doing what they should do.A Commissioner of Police is planning and the next thing he is removed for fear that he is close to the governor, or not doing what he should do. Who is the person causing this insecurity.Those causing this insecurity know themselves. God who brought us here will make us solve the man made problems.If you are changing heads of security like that it must have effect on the entire system” he said.He further enjoined the media to report happenings in the state accurately, stressing that stories of killings in the media on the state were exaggerated.” I did not say you should report what will favour me, report what you are sure of,”, he said.Meantime, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, cancelled a press briefing it had slated for 9am yesterday. No reason was given.
Re: Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation by thunder74(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Afefe ti fe, a ti ri furo adie. We know the people responsible for our problems. Association of Problems Creators APC
Re: Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation by Alezy(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
wike should just calm down a little abeg before him go over talk nau
Re: Wike Sheds More Light On Rivers State Security Situation by CharlesPhc: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
[b]Rivers Re-Run Election Violence; My advice to Amaechi...!!!

After carefully studying the role the former Governor of Rivers State and Current Minister of Transportation; Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi played during last Saturday’s Legislative Re-Run Elections, my take and humble advice to him;

Sir, I humbly advice with all due respect that you, as a matter of honor to the high office which you currently occupy to toe the path of honor by resigning now as a member of the Federal Executive Council in your capacity as a Minister of the FRN.

Sir, I will also advise that you go a step further to tender an unreserved apology to the good and peace loving people of Rivers State for the embarrassment, trauma, loss of lives and harassment your ‘gangsterism’ and insatiable desire for power which undoubtedly has earned us the status as the most ‘barbaric State’ in the federation, all thanks to your ‘Federal Might threat’…!!!

Lastly Sir, please also remember to apologies to the Nigeria Army for dragging our respected men of the Armed Forces into the muddy waters of politics thereby attempting to tarnish the reputation of the Military.

[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo / deleted / Pix:hello Germany Can We Borrow Your President For One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.