Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

good and fine - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / good and fine (3551 Views)

All Was Fine Until My Husband Fell In Love With His Best Friend’s Widow / It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. / I Hope I Am Fine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2016
item4biz:
@Rilokiley, aha, am happy you shared yyour experience. Am also glad you have consciously work on your weakness.

As for me, I won't ever call again until I see changes. This is not something of today. I don't like someone taking me for granted and he has done it over n over. What he is good at doing is apologising. He's being calling since yesterday and I haven't picked, and am not doing that until he returns. Next time, he will not try it again. And next time, I won't burder to call to know how the journey is. My father travel alot, and I remember he would call and ask of everyone daily, morning and evening. My mum doesn't even call cos she knows dad would always call, when we started using phones, he would call us and when we call and missed our calls, he would always call back. If I call and my call is picked and appreciated it won't even be an issue for me. Not when my calls are ignored and when eventually picked I get shouted on or making excuses. My husband doesn't return calls! It's that bad.

Think I have rant on this enough. Am sorry jare.

@Godngold, Tearoses, I so much appreciate your advise.

It's good to rant and let out your feelings like this once in a while. Honestly I didn't know it meant so much to my wife till she discussed it with me and I had to make a conscious effort to change. Probably same place you a are in with your husband now. I'm sure after this episode he'll make a conscious efforts to call back. It's simply a bad habit that's all.
Let's know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: good and fine by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

I would have never married a stuck-up humourless nagging woman like yourself either. So you see, we would have never met. smiley

It hurts doesn't it? The truth, I mean! Well, suck it up . . . nobody's above mistakes!

You men need to realize you are not really the best thing since sliced bread tongue wink

5 Likes

Re: good and fine by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

It's good to rant and let out your feelings like this once in a while. Honestly I didn't know it meant so much to my wife till she discussed it with me and I had to make a conscious effort to change. Probably same place you a are in with your husband now. I'm sure after this episode he'll make a conscious efforts to call back. It's simply a bad habit that's all.
Let's know how it goes.

Is it really a bad habit?

I mean you think your wife calling you is for her own good, so basically you don't need to call her because you won't be gaining anything from it undecided

Leaving the toilet seat up is a bad habit . . . . . This my friend, is blatant disregard for human feelings and gross selfishness! cool

3 Likes

Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

It hurts doesn't it? The truth, I mean! Well, suck it up . . . nobody's above mistakes!

You men need to realize you are not really the best thing since sliced bread tongue wink
Lol grin
Your husband must be really doing a number on you for you to think all men are egotistical. You sound like a troublesome woman whose only power is behind the keyboard.

I already stated up there that I didn't know it was a problem till after wifey explained it to me after which I changed. You on the other hand have refused to admit that you are a humourless nag wink

2 Likes

Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

Is it really a bad habit?

I mean you think your wife calling you is for her own good, so basically you don't need to call her because you won't be gaining anything from it undecided

Leaving the toilet seat up is a bad habit . . . . . This my friend, is blatant disregard for human feelings and gross selfishness! cool
Ah. Now I see what you are on about.
You want a back-and-forth.
I'm not too good at it though but I'll try.

1 Like

Re: good and fine by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

Lol grin
Your husband must be really doing a number on you for you to think all men are egotistical. You sound like a troublesome woman whose only power is behind the keyboard.

I already stated up there that I didn't know it was a problem till after wifey explained it to me after which I changed. You on the other hand have refused to admit that you are a humourless nag wink

OF course, most men would act like they are all better than women . . . . if we let them!

I don't just sound like a troublesome woman, I AM a troublesome woman. I don't lay back and let men like you ride all over men . . . not when I know my worth as a person and as a human being.

I mean, here you are defending OP's husband and proudly comparing yourself to him. When you should be cautioning him and hiding your head in shame for your past mistakes.

Only a selfish man would 'not know it's a problem' not to call his family when he's far away from home. That's the point I'm trying to make, and I rest my case . . .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: good and fine by Dyt(f): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

I don't just sound like a troublesome woman, I AM a troublesome woman. I don't lay back and let men like you ride all over men . . . not when I know my worth as a person and as a human being. .

I wanna be like you when I grow up
grin grin grin
Re: good and fine by Dyt(f): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

Why not make it jellof rice
cheesy cheesy
Let me add party jollof rice
Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

OF course, most men would act like they are all better than women . . . . if we let them!

I don't just sound like a troublesome woman, I AM a troublesome woman. I don't lay back and let men like you ride all over men . . . not when I know my worth as a person and as a human being.

I mean, here you are defending OP's husband and proudly comparing yourself to him. When you should be cautioning him and hiding your head in shame for your past mistakes.

Only a selfish man would 'not know it's a problem' not to call his family when he's far away from home. That's the point I'm trying to make, and I rest my case . . .

Does your husband act like he is better than you? I don't do that. There's no reason for the comparison here which makes me think you have a deep-seated background issue u want to address. If u think the men in your life are acting like they are better than you then u need to show them that they are wrong. Not by being troublesome but by taking action and making great achievements. Inferiority complex is in your mind, no one can make u feel less of yourself unless u let them!

Kudos on being a troublesome woman. I'm a gentle fellow myself, at least that's what others tell me. I do my best to treat ladies with the courtesy and respect that they deserve. A true gentleman doesn't walk over ladies.

My not calling home is a habit I learnt right from my university days. My parents and friends complained often of my apparent lacadaisical attitude but eventually chalked it up to nature. It was my wife who taught me to make calls home more frequently. There was no ego or god complex involved. It just simply wasn't my thing. Even now I have to set an e-note to remind me to call home smiley

The best way to solve problems like this is to talk it out and make the other partner see how important it is to you. If ur spouse loves you(and to avoid wahala) he will change like am sure Op's husband is going to change after this episode.

Nothing to be ashamed about, everyone makes mistakes. We only have to acknowledge these mistakes and learn from it to become better people.
Cheers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dyt:

I wanna be like you when I grow up
grin grin grin
Liar.
I've read your posts.
You are already a troublesome woman.

2 Likes

Re: good and fine by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dyt:

Why not make it jellof rice
cheesy cheesy
Let me add party jollof rice

I for add Nkwobi sef . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: good and fine by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

Liar.
I've read your posts.

grin grin grin

Don't mind @ Dyt

Me sef na learner where she dey embarassed cheesy

1 Like

Re: good and fine by RiloKiley: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ujoan:

grin grin grin

Don't mind @ Dyt

I quote her with the utmost fear an respect embarassed If she comes after me am a gonner.
Re: good and fine by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

Does your husband act like he is better than you? I don't do that. There's no reason for the comparison here which makes me think you have a deep-seated background issue u want to address. If u think the men in your life are acting like they are better than you then u need to show them that they are wrong. Not by being troublesome but by taking action and making great achievements. Inferiority complex is in your mind, no one can make u feel less of yourself unless u let them!

Kudos on being a troublesome woman. I'm a gentle fellow myself, at least that's what others tell me. I do my best to treat ladies with the courtesy and respect that they deserve. A true gentleman doesn't walk over ladies.

My not calling home is a habit I learnt right from my university days. My parents and friends complained often of my apparent lacadaisical attitude but eventually chalked it up to nature. It was my wife who taught me to make calls home more frequently. There was no ego or god complex involved. It just simply wasn't my thing. Even now I have to set an e-note to remind me to call home smiley

The best way to solve problems like this is to talk it out and make the other partner see how important it is to you. If ur spouse loves you(and to avoid wahala) he will change like am sure Op's husband is going to change after this episode.

Nothing to be ashamed about, everyone makes mistakes. We only have to acknowledge these mistakes and learn from it to become better people.
Cheers.

Ok, let's say you are right . . . not calling your wife is a 'bad habit' . .

OP's hubby nko, who would even shout on her when she calls or doesn't bother to return her calls . . . Is that one a 'bad habit' too?

I would like to wish all my failings away as 'bad habits' . . . it still doesn't change the fact that lives are affected through your actions and human felling are betrayed.

PS: I rested my case 2 comments ago . . this one is just an addendum tongue

2 Likes

Re: good and fine by Dyt(f): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

Liar.
I've read your posts.

Ujoan:

grin grin grin
Don't mind @ Dyt

RiloKiley:

I quote her with the utmost fear an respect embarassed If she comes after me am a gonner.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ujoan:

I for add Nkwobi sef . . . cheesy cheesy

That's the deal oo
Its weekend
I must chop all choppables

Trust you good ma'am
Re: good and fine by veave(f): 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
tearoses:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oluwa Ku Suuuru

Lol.... you never chichomchim.... grin grin grin
Re: good and fine by marbee(f): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
At Op, you alone even gave practical suggestions on what to do about his behaviour, I suggest you carry them out,most times, you need to take action to make some one understand,if words are not working.
Re: good and fine by raumdeuter: 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
Divorce him
Re: good and fine by dytbabe: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Divorce him

Roftl
Re: good and fine by raumdeuter: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
dytbabe:
Roftl

Idaya ogini?
Re: good and fine by dytbabe: 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

Idaya ogini?

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are just a clown
Hehehehehehhehehehehe
Re: good and fine by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
dytbabe:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are just a clown
Hehehehehehhehehehehe

Kini mose?

Shey e no reach to divorce ni?

Or you are part of the stay married at all cost unexposed Nigerian women who are scared of divorce?
Re: good and fine by dytbabe: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

Kini mose?

Shey e no reach to divorce ni?

Or you are part of the stay married at all cost unexposed Nigerian women who are scared of divorce?

Uncle dayo
This one e haf not rish for divorce na
Hehehehehehhehehehe
Re: good and fine by player007(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
sben2308:
My sister dont stop calling cuz he doesn't.You need to learn to give love even when its not reciprocated.
I assure u that with prayer he will change and love changes people .
Its obvious that you have no idea how it feels to be unappreciated, to give all and get Nothing in return. It hurts like a hell. Its Obvious the husby is cheating on her again and that's why he gets upset everytime she calls.
It still beats me why some married men do unimaginable things to wives who loves and cares for them. See madam trust me, I know it will be Hard but every time he travels and dosent call, don't call him either. You deserve to be HAPPY
Re: good and fine by sben2308(m): 5:33am On Mar 25, 2016
player007:

Its obvious that you have no idea how it feels to be unappreciated, to give all and get Nothing in return. It hurts like a hell. Its Obvious the husby is cheating on her again and that's why he gets upset everytime she calls.
It still beats me why some married men do unimaginable things to wives who loves and cares for them. See madam trust me, I know it will be Hard but every time he travels and dosent call, don't call him either. You deserve to be HAPPY

Its not obvious my guy cuz my parent are testimony to one sided relationship and I learnt this from my wonderful mother that wen u love someone and you convinced.Never give up on them no matter wat.
Everyone express this affection towards pple different way and I will not say that cuz her husband isn't reciprocating,she shld give up capital NO DONT GIVE UP .Anyone can misbehave in marriage not only man and that's y its advisable to alwz ensure that u marry someone who has ur weakness as strength and vice versa .

So my guy again I say she shldnot give up cuz there is alwz a light at d end of d tunnel.

1 Like

Re: good and fine by onegig(m): 7:14am On Mar 25, 2016
WiseBully:
One danger of total communication collapse is inevitable separation. However I would still advise you to resist the temptation of calling him when he is away because he appears to be taking advantage of an emotionally weak doting wife who can't stay a day without him. When you display this emotional resilience, he will feel threatened and that would make him fear that you are up to something. Note, you must keep reviewing the effectiveness of this phase one strategy so you don't weaken your relationship with him even further.

Now, go put it to test and come back with your testimony. All the best!

This truly baffles me.

Do we need all these stress, strategies and games just for an adult to adjust and do what's right? If this were to be a relationship i would have just said "meh, maybe they are forming hard to get or whatever" but in a marriage situation? I tire.

Op. Just ignore him. Can't wrap my head around this. Or maybe you call too much and bore him. Not one to support individualism in marriages but.....Just Send a message or something and have a life your own. Do things yourself. Your every minute shouldnt revolve around him. You seem to be far too vested in his business and don't have a life of yours that he really doesn't "value" those little acts of checking on him. Distance sometimes creates respect.

1 Like

Re: good and fine by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
item4biz:
@Rilokiley, aha, am happy you shared yyour experience. Am also glad you have consciously work on your weakness.

As for me, I won't ever call again until I see changes. This is not something of today. I don't like someone taking me for granted and he has done it over n over. What he is good at doing is apologising. He's being calling since yesterday and I haven't picked, and am not doing that until he returns. Next time, he will not try it again. And next time, I won't burder to call to know how the journey is. My father travel alot, and I remember he would call and ask of everyone daily, morning and evening. My mum doesn't even call cos she knows dad would always call, when we started using phones, he would call us and when we call and missed our calls, he would always call back. If I call and my call is picked and appreciated it won't even be an issue for me. Not when my calls are ignored and when eventually picked I get shouted on or making excuses. My husband doesn't return calls! It's that bad.

Think I have rant on this enough. Am sorry jare.

@Godngold, Tearoses, I so much appreciate your advise.

My dear kudos to you. You have to teach people how to treat you. I support you in your actions. But please don't leave your house when he is coming so it doesn't become another problem. Never lose your moral high ground.

What I suggest is dress up nicely and go out with friends or even your kids and take fun pictures and use them as profile pictures on your what's app or bum. So that he can see you are not just moping at home waiting for his calls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ashes For Love. My Heart Bleeds Please I Need Your Advice / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.