Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) (4237 Views)

Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / Why A Woman's Infidelity Is Worse Than A Man's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
Before you jump into any conclusion, or term me stupid for creating this thread, kindly spare me some minutes and read through. I bet I might as well have done the same if the table were turned and I didn't go through what I just went through this past 2 weeks! So I forgive anyone who types before reading.
Just about 2 weeks ago I became a father In about the most overwhelming and adrenaline-surging experience I ever had in my whole life experience! So much that I shed tears uncontrollably for more than 3minutes and had to hide my face from nurses and others in the hospital waiting room. And I almost vowed not to impregnate my wife again.... (And dat I wud be adopting all my other kids) grin (no mind me)
It all started on the 27th of febuary. My wife and I went for her routine pregnancy scan. Only for the Doc to call our awarness to a condition known as Aging placenta! He explained in details what the prognosis was and that was it! He recommended she rested more often and concluded dat our baby is fine. We drove home with smiles that our baby was fine and dat all is well. (Note: she was only 34weeks) if only I knew that in less than a week I will be dobing the running and prayings of my life! Being a vet I understood what was up , but didn't want to scare my wife. I read more and silently prayed for the best.
She reported at her antenatal clinic in a reputable catholic hospital in Ibadan on monday and all hell sort of broke loose!
At first she was allowed to return home with strict warning to come back the next day for scan and other examinations and tests. The next day, I was at work when suddenly she called. She was to be admitted! I drove down with jet lee speed, and was told by the doctors that baby must come out! What! But she is just 34weeks plus!
And the waiting began!
Permit me to say at this junction: ALL WOMEN DESERVES TO BE LOVED! I mean mothers and wives. The labour room is an experience no one can imagine! What I saw in 48hours of my stay can only be best imagined. ( Let me confess, I don't want to be there when she delivers next) I saw women in labour cursing their husbands, and worse things.
My wife was induced. The pain was so much for her that she was crying. It was 10pm in d night and still our baby was not out. The contractions kept coming minutes after minutes. At a point we were advised to exercise, that it wud help her cervix to dilate. Naso we start walking up and down the hospital complex o! It was 1am the next day! She was fatigued. I looked into her eyes and knew I put her through this. I could only pray for her and encourage her.
Fast forward to 3am, I returned her to the labour ward and joined other family members and husbands in the waiting room. I tell u that room is another thing entirely! Anxiety, fear, worry, depression can be felt in every corner! I wasn't the only one having a bad night!
A man whose wife had a breech presentation and had to be wheeled in for surgury in the last minut was on his feet with eyes open as if he was on drugs! He was pacing up and down the not so very big room. Others could be seen engaging in prayers with sweaty faces and worried looks. The tough ones sat down in calm, but a good look at them u will see the fear they were trying so hard to hide! Its so clear in their eyes!
All glory be to God, my wife was delivered of a baby girl on the 4th of march. Our baby was preterm,and so was in ICU for over 2weeks. I thank God for his mercies. Both mother and baby are fine.but I think I should actually go check my Bp.
Yes, I completely agree the labour room experience is "out of this world", but I will also like to acknowlege the "fathers to be", friends and families who go through the WAITING ROOM or HOSPItal corridor experience! Them try!
The experience is over, but the memories,fear and anxiety can't be forgotten! This is my WAITING ROOM experience, my testimony! Feel free to share yours.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by kristen12(f): 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congratulations!!!! grin grin grin

When is the next baby coming? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by tempem: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congratulations, sir. My regards to your wife. The baby's name? * whispers, bring me your ear,* tell you what, your wife will be happy, now that she's a woman.* Now you can go sing, "my woman, my everything."

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Richy4(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hospital is not the best place in the world.....

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by goodmorning40: 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
All this ur yapping, I know e no go reach one year before she begin grow belle again.
Congratulations anyway

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wow! I'm happy for you and your wife op, congrats wink
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
kristen12:
Congratulations!!!! grin grin grin

When is the next baby coming? tongue
Thanks kristen grin . I don't know o! But definately not soon.
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
goodmorning40:
All this ur yapping, I know e no go reach one year before she begin grow belle again.
Congratulations anyway
Thanks a lot o! I promise I go give am space wella.
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by goodmorning40: 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrTeeee:

I believe u though many said exactly the same thing
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
tempem:
Congratulations, sir. My regards to your wife. The baby's name? * whispers, bring me your ear,* tell you what, your wife will be happy, now that she's a woman.* Now you can go sing, "my woman, my everything."
Thanks a lot dear. Baby's name is erinayo. Yes, My wife is happy o. But u know u ladies na. The season of shakara just start. Anoda era of overpampering just start. Well she deserve more smiley

3 Likes

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by teddybear007(f): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congrats dear, u are now a proud father. Now u can see what d woman normally pass thru to bear a child. May God give u d resources to train dat little angel. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
teddybear007:
Congrats dear, u are now a proud father. Now u can see what d woman normally pass thru to bear a child. May God give u d resources to train dat little angel. Gracias.
A big Amen to ur prayer. Thank u dear
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by kristen12(f): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrTeeee:

Thanks kristen grin . I don't know o! But definately not soon.
gringringringrin
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Dyt(f): 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
A big congratulations to your wife
She scaled through
Not easy but we are super

Either way
I want two more
At once sha

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Richy4(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrTeeee:

My in law said the same thing u were saying about 11yrs ago... infact they sent him out of the labour ward when they realized he was about passing out on them in there....he promised that that boy was the only one they gonna have bla bla bla.....but now they have 3kids...... cool
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
goodmorning40:

I believe u though many said exactly the same thing
Lol! Well u can't blame them o! Na mistake. I will say d same if it happens. tongue
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dyt:
A big congratulations to your wife
She scaled through
Not easy but we are super

Either way
I want two more
At once sha
Haaaa! U be strong woman o!
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Dyt(f): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrTeeee:

Haaaa! U be strong woman o!

Na
Its not even me that should be talking preggy sef
I was sick all through my last
Till I was pushing I was still throwing up
Just wanna get done with it
I don old

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by ashjay001(m): 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrTeeee:
Before you jump into any conclusion, or term me stupid for creating this thread, kindly spare me some minutes and read through. I bet I might as well have done the same if the table were turned and I didn't go through what I just went through this past 2 weeks! So I forgive anyone who types before reading.
Just about 2 weeks ago I became a father In about the most overwhelming and adrenaline-surging experience I ever had in my whole life experience! So much that I shed tears uncontrollably for more than 3minutes and had to hide my face from nurses and others in the hospital waiting room. And I almost vowed not to impregnate my wife again.... (And dat I wud be adopting all my other kids) grin (no mind me)
It all started on the 27th of febuary. My wife and I went for her routine pregnancy scan. Only for the Doc to call our awarness to a condition known as Aging placenta! He explained in details what the prognosis was and that was it! He recommended she rested more often and concluded dat our baby is fine. We drove home with smiles that our baby was fine and dat all is well. (Note: she was only 34weeks) if only I knew that in less than a week I will be dobing the running and prayings of my life! Being a vet I understood what was up , but didn't want to scare my wife. I read more and silently prayed for the best.
She reported at her antenatal clinic in a reputable catholic hospital in Ibadan on monday and all hell sort of broke loose!
At first she was allowed to return home with strict warning to come back the next day for scan and other examinations and tests. The next day, I was at work when suddenly she called. She was to be admitted! I drove down with jet lee speed, and was told by the doctors that baby must come out! What! But she is just 34weeks plus!
And the waiting began!
Permit me to say at this junction: ALL WOMEN DESERVES TO BE LOVED! I mean mothers and wives. The labour room is an experience no one can imagine! What I saw in 48hours of my stay can only be best imagined. ( Let me confess, I don't want to be there when she delivers next) I saw women in labour cursing their husbands, and worse things.
My wife was induced. The pain was so much for her that she was crying. It was 10pm in d night and still our baby was not out. The contractions kept coming minutes after minutes. At a point we were advised to exercise, that it wud help her cervix to dilate. Naso we start walking up and down the hospital complex o! It was 1am the next day! She was fatigued. I looked into her eyes and knew I put her through this. I could only pray for her and encourage her.
Fast forward to 3am, I returned her to the labour ward and joined other family members and husbands in the waiting room. I tell u that room is another thing entirely! Anxiety, fear, worry, depression can be felt in every corner! I wasn't the only one having a bad night!
A man whose wife had a breech presentation and had to be wheeled in for surgury in the last minut was on his feet with eyes open as if he was on drugs! He was pacing up and down the not so very big room. Others could be seen engaging in prayers with sweaty faces and worried looks. The tough ones sat down in calm, but a good look at them u will see the fear they were trying so hard to hide! Its so clear in their eyes!
All glory be to God, my wife was delivered of a baby girl on the 4th of march. Our baby was preterm,and so was in ICU for over 2weeks. I thank God for his mercies. Both mother and baby are fine.but I think I should actually go check my Bp.
Yes, I completely agree the labour room experience is "out of this world", but I will also like to acknowlege the "fathers to be", friends and families who go through the WAITING ROOM or HOSPItal corridor experience! Them try!
The experience is over, but the memories,fear and anxiety can't be forgotten! This is my WAITING ROOM experience, my testimony! Feel free to share yours.

That's why I find it difficult to disrespect women, though some are confirmed witches!

Missed my second kid's waiting room experience, but d 1st is still with me till kingdom come! Mothers are IT!

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2016
Dyt:

Na
Its not even me that should be talking preggy sef
I was sick all through my last
Till I was pushing I was still throwing up
Just wanna get done with it
I don old

grin cheesy
Ehen! Thank God am not ur husband o! He must have had a "wonderful" time. Pele dear. The lord is your strenght ma
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 7:56am On Mar 24, 2016
ashjay001:

That's why I find it difficult to disrespect women, though some are confirmed witches!

Missed my second kid's waiting room experience, but d 1st is still with me till kingdom come! Mothers are IT!
Lol at " confirmed witch"
Someone said they are nessesary evil! I won't concur or argue o! (Before my wife go see my post ) grin
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Dyt(f): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2016
DrTeeee:

Ehen! Thank God am not ur husband o! He must have had a "wonderful" time. Pele dear. The lord is your strenght ma

He wasn't even stressed
I was at my mums
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by thorpido(m): 8:11am On Mar 24, 2016
Congrats Op.She will live to fulfil her destiny.

You said you put her through it and those women cursing their husbands,don't they want the pregnancy too?Why curse their husbands.
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by ashjay001(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
DrTeeee:

Lol at " confirmed witch"
Someone said they are nessesary evil! I won't concur or argue o! (Before my wife go see my post ) grin

Kikiki... O.Y.O.!

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Blade21: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2016
congratulations dear I wish the mum, dad and new born the best of God. I remeber my first son my hubby didn't sleep all through I was just shouting " baby massage my waist please I will die of pain oo" lol and he was massaging till I popped the baby, the second time I was calm just walking up and down the hall no stress in about 3hrs my second boy came, men that are supportive try alot I hail them .

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2016
God bless husbands that know the value of their wives...

May little sweetie continue putting smiles on your faces... May she be Daddy's girl cos na pikin wey good be im papa own..

4 Likes

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by byvan03: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2016
I rather be in the waiting room jare, labour room nah real waaahhh!!

Congratulations OP!
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Evina(f): 10:48am On Mar 24, 2016
thorpido:
Congrats Op.She will live to fulfil her destiny.

You said you put her through it and those women cursing their husbands,don't they want the pregnancy too?Why curse their husbands.

Honestly! I really don't get all these women cursing husbands in labour room experience. I often think it's just an exaggerated tale.

I recall telling my husband, during the last trimester something along the lines of "you caused this", the guy just smiled and said, I gave, you received. You didn't have to receive cheesy

Also, I don't know how I would have coped without my hubby in the delivery room (I didn't go to any waiting room) he was a pillar of strength and support. I held onto his hands the entire time, until our son was born.

Pregnancy and childbirth is a spiritual experience and God was totally faithful to us.

1 Like

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by Evina(f): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Congrats OP. God is your strength.

I don't know how that waiting room looks like.
I consistently mentioned to my doctor that I didn't want to be in a room with other women wailing. I didn't want any distractions.

I had envisaged the kind of delivery experience I was going to have and was declaring God's word to make it happen. So I didn't want to be in a room with other women who didn't share the same vision/faith as me.

The experience was lipsrsealed
But I know I saw God's faithfulness on display. smiley

I'll ONLY do this one more time, by God's Grace. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rukemi291:
God bless husbands that know the value of their wives...

May little sweetie continue putting smiles on your faces... May she be Daddy's girl cos na pikin wey good be im papa own..

Amen ! Thanks a lot dear smiley
Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
Evina:
Congrats OP. God is your strength.

I don't know how that waiting room looks like.
I consistently mentioned to my doctor that I didn't want to be in a room with other women wailing. I didn't want any distractions.

I had envisaged the kind of delivery experience I was going to have and was declaring God's word to make it happen. So I didn't want to be in a room with other women who didn't share the same vision/faith as me.

The experience was lipsrsealed
But I know I saw God's faithfulness on display. smiley

I'll ONLY do this one more time, by God's Grace. cheesy
Strong woman, I admire ur strenght and faith dear. God is everly faithful as far as we put our faith in him. U remind me of one of the ladies in labour that night. She was just scabashing throughout the night and singing. I went to my wife and almost said" dear u need to be strong like dat lady" grin thank God I didn't say it. She for bite me!

2 Likes

Re: Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience) by DrTeeee(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dyt:

He wasn't even stressed
I was at my mums
cheesy
Haaaaa. See ojoro o! I guess he must av travelled. Mesef go find some where run go next time. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Greet Some One Using Your Local Dialect[#fun] / See the list I was given before I can fence up a land property / How Do You Cope Alone With Husband In The US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.