Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

"I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" (49722 Views)

Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out / Divorcing Man Applies For Custody Of His Wife’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by lalasticlala(m): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
I regretted divorcing my former husband, the beating I receive now is worse, wife tells court

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/regretted-divorcing-former-husband-beating-receive-now-worse-wife-tells-court/

Aiyedun-Ekiti, (Ekiti State) – A 39-year old wife, Fadekemi Adeleye , on Monday told a Customary Court sitting in Aiyedun-Ekiti, in Ikole Local Government Area that she regretted divorcing her first husband.

Fadekemi lamented that the beating from her present husband, Adeleye Ojo, was worse than that from her former husband.

The estranged wife, who said her husband, (the defendant) would flare-up at the slightest provocation; prayed the court to dissolve her three-year- old marriage.

“I regretted that I took money from my present husband to file a divorce against my former husband.

“I have become a laughing stock in the area we live because of the beating and public disgrace.

“People in our area now call me “Titilayo” meaning “There is joy in beating.”

“My incumbent husband disgraces me in public, accusing me of having extra-marital affairs,” the woman said.

The woman also prayed the court for custody of the only daughter, Precious Adeleye, produced by the union and an order of the court for the release of her property in the man’s house.

The husband,Adeleye Ojo , in his defence denied allegation of constant fighting between him and his wife as well as not caring for the family as claimed by the wife

He said that he was not interested in any divorce as he did not want his daughter to suffer despite his wife’s insisting that she was no longer interested in the union.

The court presided over by a three-man panel reminded Fadekemi of its earlier plea to her that she should allow for a peaceful and an amicable settlement between her and her former husband.

It reminded her that she answered that she was blinded with love then for her new husband.

The court’s president, Mrs Yemisi Ojo, adjourned the case to March 27 for continuation of hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/regretted-divorcing-former-husband-beating-receive-now-worse-wife-tells-court/

[img]https://3.bp..com/-GEsmbs9epCU/V154C5AxuaI/AAAAAAAJgYQ/-amFUDplJ9k_0NvCRlSfJVEq6Sq28UsOgCLcB/s400/0.png[/img]

3 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by TRADELYN: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hmmm...Interesting times are here... embarassed
Click below for all your research projects, business plans, etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Goldenheart(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by sweery(f): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
You were blinded with love for your current hubby.

Hmmm me,my own love go see road.

27 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by jnrbayano(m): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
Oyind18:
The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

The devil is an angel also...

Wrong?

5 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Ayinke93(f): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
Na wa oo... To marry sef dey fear person sad

31 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
jnrbayano:

The devil is an angel also...

Wrong?
You say?
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by nzeobi(m): 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
That everyman man who marries you ends up turning you into a punching bag says a lot about you madam.
You married the first and then married another while some single ladies are yet to get their first call up.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Omoluabi16(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ayinke93:
Na wa oo... To marry sef dey fear person sad
Marry the right person, and you'll be alright.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Niwdog(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
No comment sir

1 Like

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by handsam(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mtcheewww..

Congratulations, You played yourself.

Now, Should we fry Beans? undecided

7 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by poshestmina(f): 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
How do you expect him to trust you? you collected money from him to divorce your ex husband ,who knows if you've collected money from someone new to divorce him too .

86 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Jabioro: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
E get as be.. na so you take your hand bought sadness.. laugh no go gree me type

3 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
How come you're always being beaten.... Madam check yourself.

8 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Richy4(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
She can as well take money from the third man and divorce the second lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by helinues: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2017
Just imagine.. She must be a goat that doesn't listen to correction..

Make dem kuku hang her for boxing ring and use her as a punching bag
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by choix007(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
What pains me the most now is the perception these people create about marriage....people don't know enough or even matured enough to be married yet they jump into the ship...the funny thing is many marry for reasons outside love & companionship

6 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Buharimustgo: 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
The devil u know is better than the angel
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by newyorks(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
see them ekiti women and devasted homorne

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by KevinDein: 6:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
The grass isn't always greener on the other side, peeps. Before you go on with that divorce, have it at the back of your mind that the next person is likely to be worse. There aren't too many good people around...the few ones are, in most cases, already taken.

This is reality 101

18 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Tazdroid(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
Very sad, at least you've realised a mistake. Divorce is not something couples should jump into, it is the last resort when it becomes intolerably intolerable.

Engaged couples should carefully assess each other's flaws and decide whether they can live with it before "signing and sealing" stage.

"For better, for worse" ... No be to run comot for the marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
Tazdroid:
Very sad, at least you've realised a mistake. Divorce is not something couples should jump into, it is the last resort when it becomes intolerably intolerable.

Engaged couples should carefully assess each other's flaws and decide whether they can live with it before "signing and sealing" stage.

"For better, for worse?" even when your life is on the line?. Well, she'd always attracted her likes.

Modified!.
Titilayo ((There's joy in beating)), and parents give their children this name. Na wa o!. grin

5 Likes

Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Tazdroid(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
kimbra:
"For better, for worse?" even when your life is on the line?. Well, she'd always attracted her likes.
Naah, just saying, I don't know who wrote those vows but they are precedent at marriages. She should back out when it gets too hot, who wouldn't?
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
Tazdroid:
Naah, just saying, I don't know who wrote those vows but they are precedent at marriages. She should back out when it gets too hot, who wouldn't?
Alright!, cos is better to come out alive than have your corpse sent to your family.
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by sisisioge: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Chaiiii! This is embarrassing! Na to abscond go faraway land o.
Re: "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" by Dyt(f): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Tazdroid:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia / Pastor, Funke Adejumo Teaches Women How To Be Sexy For Their Husbands At Night / This Family’s 10 Years Wedding Anniversary Photos Are Going Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.