Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! (6060 Views)

Guy Pranks His Mother Over Pregnancy And This Happened (Photos) / Pregnancy Photos Of A Woman And Her Oyinbo Husband / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by Arsenate(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ehyah. Women just don't know what they want.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by zaynie(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Women arent the only one with biological clocks. Men do too.
I know a man in his 60s with a 10year old boy and the boy is missing out a lot.

If a woman decides to not marry until she reaches a certain goal or not at all, she is free to. She is also free to change her mind whenever she sees it fit to.
If a woman decides to get married at 20 and start popping kids, she is free to. She is also free to go back to school and pursue a career at 30.
There is no one way to do things. That is why we are different!
Why must we all be married?
Why mustnt we?

9 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Increasing paternal age has shown to increase the incidence of different types of disorders like autism, schizophrenia, bipolar
disorders, and childhood leukemia in the progeny. It is thereby essential to educate the infertile couples on the disturbing links between increased paternal age and rising disorders in their offspring, to better counsel them during their reproductive years.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4455614/

I think people should stop propagating the falsehood that age doesn't affect the reproductive health of men.
At least for your own sakes.

The older the father is, the higher the risk of him fathering abnormal kids.

9 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by Dyt(f): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
cococandy:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4455614/

I think people should stop propagating the falsehood that age doesn't affect the reproductive health of men.
At least for your own sakes.

The older the father is, the higher the risk of him fathering abnormal kids.

How's motherhood coming pretty
Back to shape abi

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by cococandy(f): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dyt:

How's motherhood coming pretty
Back to shape abi
Coming along quite nice. smiley

Thanks dear
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
zaynie:

If a woman decides to not marry until she reaches a certain goal or not at all, she is free to. She is also free to change her mind whenever she sees it fit to.
If a woman decides to get married at 20 and start popping kids, she is free to. She is also free to go back to school and pursue a career at 30.
Why mustnt we?

The OP is more on addressing the consequences of those choices.

Yes, men have biological clocks however the writer was addressing that of women.

Must be we all be married?

No.

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Lols

Four posters viewing...

Z & Z ; B & B
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
bukatyne:

@Bold: I find 'you people' especially when you cannot pinpoint a post where I made/implied the bolded very irritating and undecided. It does nothing to help the discourse.
So you people don't want to delay marriage and pregnancy anymore?
I thought career-oriented independent women could get any man they desired at any age, and get pregnant/give birth even at 50yrs of age and above?
Una don change am for us again...

More irritation for you to stew on Bukatyne...your nerves, not mine. cool

@ 2nd paragraph:
Unfortunately, life is not all white and black so people intend to marry earlier and do so later; people marry early and TTC for long; people marry early and it does not work out; people marry late and they seem to have it all.
This you should E-mail to the author of your OP.
My response is in direct response to her write-up absent the exceptions.

I also believe there is a role destiny has to play.
Now you're just muddling as usual.

It is some women's destiny not to get married and have kids, good for them.
Our bone of contention is in these ones aka 'you people' that only want to face their careers and preach to other women to do same, then turn around at 60 to lament their poor choices.

More 'you people' to get your irritation going...you're welcome.

I am also sure you would advocate a woman has a job/ source of income before marriage.
Of course...but still, many of 'you people' don't and end up getting married with near-absolute dependence on the man and still call yourselves feminists.

Has your irritation resulted in a headache yet? cool

What now happens when a lady serves at 29 and does not get a job immediately?
Her biological clock is still ticking, she now has roughly 11years to birth all the kids she is intent on having before it becomes much harder.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pidggin:

Hahaha it's actually free where I live.
Hahaha, liar.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
zaynie:

Why mustnt we?

In the process of trying to prove what you were trying to prove, you ended up disproving yourself.

First off, I don't think you have the definition of a biological clock locked down correctly.
Secondly, a 60yr old man with a 10yr old son means that at 50yrs of age, he was able to get a woman pregnant.

Now I'm not saying that ALL men at 50 will be capable of impregnating a woman, but how many 60yr old women with 10yr old kids have you seen or heard of? Do the math!

That there is the correct interpretation of a biological clock.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by zaynie(f): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
crackhaus:

In the process of trying to prove what you were trying to prove, you ended up disproving yourself.

First off, I don't think you have the definition of a biological clock locked down correctly.
Secondly, a 60yr old man with a 10yr old son means that at 50yrs of age, he was able to get a woman pregnant.

Now I'm not saying that ALL men at 50 will be capable of impregnating a woman, but how many 60yr old women with 10yr old kids have you seen or heard of? Do the math!

That there is the correct interpretation of a biological clock.

In this time and era, the biological clock is being stalled.
A man can impregnate a woman at any time but his ability to be father that child will be very difficult.
A woman may not be able to carry a pregnancy at that age but her ability to be mother will be hers till she dies or grows too weak at 80 there about.
So yes, she may take all the time in the world, freeze her eggs, get a donor or a husband perhaps and a surrogate and have her child at 50 after having a career and still be an awesome mother.
Unless we are only interested in 'borning' the children and not raising them that is.

Perhaps I should have put my biological in quotes.

Bukatyne, my first paragraph wasn't in reference to the OP.
The 2nd was. That's my position about the topic.
The way some 'feminist' came on too strong is the main reason some women aren't interested in it and then defy everything its all about.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 12:24am On Mar 24, 2016
zaynie:

In this time and era, the biological clock is being stalled.
A man can impregnate a woman at any time but his ability to be father that child will be very difficult.
A woman may not be able to carry a pregnancy at that age but her ability to be mother will be hers till she dies or grows too weak at 80 there about.
So yes, she may take all the time in the world, freeze her eggs, get a donor or a husband perhaps and a surrogate and have her child at 50 after having a career and still be an awesome mother.
Unless we are only interested in 'borning' the children and not raising them that is.

Perhaps I should have put my biological in quotes.

The way some 'feminist' came on too strong is the main reason some women aren't interested in it and then defy everything its all about.
We're back to freezing of eggs.
How many women can afford that?

Your point is noted anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by zaynie(f): 12:57am On Mar 24, 2016
crackhaus:

We're back to freezing of eggs.
How many women can afford that?

Your point is noted anyway.

A woman who put everything on hold to chase a career.
She should be able to afford it plus the cost of surrogacy plus every every.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by Marxxx: 7:44am On Mar 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Can you afford to freeze your eggs?

[size=3]This is one example of someone that refuses to register her mind with reality[/size]
Have you gone to freeze yours? Please be sincere

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by RiloKiley: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2016
crackhaus:

Can you afford to freeze your eggs?

[size=3]This is one example of someone that refuses to register her mind with reality[/size]

Lol! @smallfont grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by RiloKiley: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2016
bukatyne:

Well if we follow the theory that says women love cooking and house keeping according to Esther Vilar and co, I think men have the short end of the stick.

You rule the world and don't have a bond with your kids... browse NL to see several threads laments the 'thankless' job of fatherhood.

A wife cooks & cleans and care of her kids (doing what she loves) and still get to be made love to. (Studies on NL say women enjoy love making more than men)

Perhaps girls actually rule your world. wink

@Having kids when you want: The older you are, the older the quality of sperm

And I am sure an average man doesn't want kids in his old age.

You don't want to do school runs @ 60, do you?
Good rebuttal grin
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by RiloKiley: 8:37am On Mar 24, 2016
zaynie:

Let me see if I can help.
The average cost of freezing a set of 10-15 eggs is about $20,000 (about N4million) And it lasts for only 10yrs Max after which u begin to question the viability. This is minus the cost of surrogacy. Also note that the age in which she harvested her eggs count for its chance of survival. Even then there is no guarantee the eggs will develop into viable embryos although chances have improved over the years (28percent in niaja, up to 50percent in the US). Is it really worth the risk?

Piddgin pls where do you live that you say it is done free?

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by PresVA: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2016
How many married peeps successfully delay pregnancy in Nigeria up to their desired period of time? When your mum, Mil ettcc be on top your head; be counting your edd from your wedding day .. grin grin

I tried delaying mine and I know d kinda pressure I got.. Odiegwu..
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2016
Marxxx:
Have you gone to freeze yours? Please be sincere
I have.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2016
zaynie:

Are you sure about that?

Do a little research on it.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2016
Good morning peeps....

Thanks for keeping the thread alive.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by crackhaus: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

The average cost of freezing a set of 10-15 eggs is about $20,000 (about N4million) And it lasts for only 10yrs Max after which u begin to question the viability. This is minus the cost of surrogacy. Also note that the age in which she harvested her eggs count for its chance of survival. Even then there is no guarantee the eggs will develop into viable embryos although chances have improved over the years (28percent in niaja, up to 50percent in the US). Is it really worth the risk?

Probably in the North pole where she only needs to put a medical tool up her vag¡na to harvest the eggs, then throw the eggs directly on the ice there which remains sub-zero cold all year round...

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by zaynie(f): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2016
RiloKiley:

It costs like $10,000-12000(N2m) to freeze eggs and $500-800 for subsequent years.
That is cheap for a serious 'career' woman.
This is someone that owns her own house, her state of art car, has more than enough in her account, earns like N2m monthly.
We are talking about your typical high profile, money hustling, target driven,super focused boss lady here.
Heck! You men buy cars that cost more than that.

Picture this:
A young lady in her early 20s has to make a choice between getting married and starting a family or going for this Graduate Trainee job. She goes for the job, gets thru and is paid like 200k monthly.
She's single and earning that. The job is time consuming and exhausting. It doesnt give her any chance to meet guys and the few times she hooks up, she can't follow through. Soon she is 30. She knows there is a clock ticking somewhere and she longs to have a family.
She talks to her Gyne and he tells her about this freezing of eggs that costs N2m. Even if it means saving up for it. She does.
Fast forward to 40. Fast forward to a full blown 'career woman'. No husband, No marriage. Tell me she won't remember her frozen eggs somewhere.
Some women will even take loan from their workplace to freeze the eggs and pay back over time.

@Crackhaus, do you mean a single supposedly smart woman with a good job or a thriving business will work for 10 good years and not be able to afford N2m?
Haba!

Dont get me wrong, I am very pro-marriage. But if a girl wants to hustle....good for her!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2016
zaynie:

OK, I get you.

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
zaynie:

Strangely, that is usually not the case.

The major problems I have always had against the notion of career first before marriage ( if a partner is available) are:

1. It takes a long time to build a career.... It is not a 3yr or 5yr thingy.

2. Not everyone gets good jobs or jobs aligning to the careers with their first job especially in Nigeria.

3. Why should I give my most productive years solely to my employer? Even if I am 'self-employed'?

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
crackhaus:

So you people don't want to delay marriage and pregnancy anymore?
I thought career-oriented independent women could get any man they desired at any age, and get pregnant/give birth even at 50yrs of age and above?
Una don change am for us again...

More irritation for you to stew on Bukatyne...your nerves, not mine. cool

This you should E-mail to the author of your OP.
My response is in direct response to her write-up absent the exceptions.

Now you're just muddling as usual.

It is some women's destiny not to get married and have kids, good for them.
Our bone of contention is in these ones aka 'you people' that only want to face their careers and preach to other women to do same, then turn around at 60 to lament their poor choices.

More 'you people' to get your irritation going...you're welcome.

Of course...but still, many of 'you people' don't and end up getting married with near-absolute dependence on the man and still call yourselves feminists.

Has your irritation resulted in a headache yet? cool

Her biological clock is still ticking, she now has roughly 11years to birth all the kids she is intent on having before it becomes much harder.

If in your world, your worth/position as a human being is tied to your money, I cannot help you.

If your women are considered inferior to men because the men provide, sorry for you.

And you start to wonder why your wives treat you as second class citizens when you have little setbacks.

Oh! I forgot, @that point, you are inferior.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2016
RiloKiley:

Good rebuttal grin

Thanks. grin
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2016
PresVA:
How many married peeps successfully delay pregnancy in Nigeria up to their desired period of time? When your mum, Mil ettcc be on top your head; be counting your edd from your wedding day .. grin grin

I tried delaying mine and I know d kinda pressure I got.. Odiegwu..

Lols!

I have a friend whose MIL asked why she wasn't preggers 2mths after the wedding. grin

The OP is really more of ladies not delaying marriage even though she used pregnancy as the talking point.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2016
Happy Good Friday peeps!

1 Like

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by halfricanadian(f): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2016
Wana have my eggs frozen or i give birth early

Ladies thinks their eggs will last forever or its until dey hit 45 meno pause age so dey can have kids until dey hit menopause

Ladies listen for every unfertilised eggs flushed as mensturation reduces d amount of eggs in d womb

Men produces sperm daily women dont produce eggs daily infact we shed eggs out as mensturation

The older u are d more blood u av shed d more eggs flushed d lower d amount of eggs dats why its usually difficult for older women to conceive nd very very easy for younger women to conceive

And my advise ladies with heavy flow of blood during menses shd always give birth early sha or freeze their eggs cos it doesnt multiply bt reduces

Some women can shed lots of fertile eggs as menses at age 25 nd b very difficult to giv birth even if she had never done abortion sef its always good for women to go check their ovaries nd womb monthly to kno wats up nd wen to act fast

I learnt dis in biology i stand to b corrected tho smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by bukatyne(f): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2016
halfricanadian:
Wana have my eggs frozen or i give birth early

Ladies thinks their eggs will last forever or its until dey hit 45 meno pause age so dey can have kids until dey hit menopause

Ladies listen for every unfertilised eggs flushed as mensturation reduces d amount of eggs in d womb

Men produces sperm daily women dont produce eggs daily infact we shed eggs out as mensturation

The older u are d more blood u av shed d more eggs flushed d lower d amount of eggs dats why its usually difficult for older women to conceive nd very very easy for younger women to conceive

And my advise ladies with heavy flow of blood during menses shd always give birth early sha or freeze their eggs cos it doesnt multiply bt reduces

Some women can shed lots of fertile eggs as menses at age 25 nd b very difficult to giv birth even if she had never done abortion sef its always good for women to go check their ovaries nd womb monthly to kno wats up nd wen to act fast

I learnt dis in biology i stand to b corrected tho smiley

I don't know much biology however I heard of depleted eggs and women needing surrogates to donate eggs.

Even men who replenish sperm regularly produce poorer and poorer sperms as the years go by.

I also believe our modern lifestyle makes our bodies (men & women) age faster despite breakthroughs in biological & physical sciences.

I think this is a classic case of make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Don't Delay Pregnancy: D'oh! by halfricanadian(f): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
bukatyne:

I don't know much biology however I heard of depleted eggs and women needing surrogates to donate eggs.

Even men who replenish sperm regularly produce poorer and poorer sperms as the years go by.

I also believe our modern lifestyle makes our bodies (men & women) age faster despite breakthroughs in biological & physical sciences.

I think this is a classic case of make hay while the sun shines.

Women who needs egg are those who have low amount of eggs same thing

Women who donates eggs havent u noticed are younger women? Dey still have lots of eggs dat hasnt been flushed as menses

i dont kno mch bou sperm nd all

But some females eggs are usually littoe or exhausted due to heavy flow

Social factors is included too smoking drinking exposure to harsh chemicals xrays nd all bt

Some genetic factors such as diseases like ovarian cancer nd all dats hereditary

On a biological level is how i based my points

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Funny Things About Me... / Happy International Women's Day 2024 / I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.