Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel - Jobs/Vacancies (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel (776803 Views)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Erisco Foods Limited 2016 Recruitment (97 Positions) / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by virginary: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by ndaman25: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by opj21(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
U send them.......abeg make dem leav ds recruitment for us make dem no let PSC change

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by teeshawt(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
virginary:
https://thewhistler.ng/story/police-recruitment-runs-into-troubled-waters-odumakin-adegboruwa-sue-against-lga-quota?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9450281071

season 1- Long waiting after aptitude test(1 month) acted by police recruitment candidates

season 2- National Assembly vs PSC vs Presidency (1 month) acted by senator Abu Ibrahim

season 3- Police Recruitment Runs Into Troubled Waters (date premiered) November 22,2016......acted by yinka Odumakin and Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa....

it's going to be another interesting movie full of actions, suspense, trauma, reality and many more......

showing all days live on nairaland HDTV channel 1 on your smartphones or laptops browser...... stay glued to your devices and ensure u have data subscription

advice for all interested viewers - to enjoy this movie.... sit back always, relax and fake mood to be happy always... then grab popcorn and Pepsi.....

lemme dodge b4 someone throw stones, jabs, punch and many more...

pls enjoy this season

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Emmysteve(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
The spokesperson of Afenifere Renewal Group, Yinka Odumakin, and human rights activist, Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, have filed an action before the Federal High Court, Lagos, seeking to stop the proposed recruitment of ten thousand personnel into the Nigeria Police through local government quota.

In the Suit numbered FHC/L/CS/1602/2016, the Nigeria Police Force, the Inspector-General of Police, the Nigerian Police Council, the National Assembly, the Senate and the House of Representatives, the Minister of Police Affairs and the Attorney-General of the Federation, are listed as defendants.
The plaintiffs are asking the court for the following reliefs:

A. A DECLARATION that the 4threspondent is the only constitutionally established body in Nigeria that is saddled with the responsibility and entitled by the Constitution to recruit and appoint persons into the Nigeria Police Force in accordance with section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

B. A DECLARATION that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8threspondents are not entitled by law to recruit and appoint any personnel into Nigeria Police Force, or to give any directive on such recruitment and any such directive given is unconstitutional, ultra vires, null, void and illegal.

C. A DECLARATION that suspension of the recruitment of 10,000 personnel into the Nigeria Police Force by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents as a result of the simmering conflict with the 4threspondent constitutes a flagrant violation of section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, and is to that extent unconstitutional, null and void.

D. A DECLARATION that the directive by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents that recruitment of personnel into Nigeria Police Force should be done on local government basis is unconstitutional, null and void.

E. A DECLARATION that the directive by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents that the Nigeria Police Force should supervise the recruitment exercise of personnel into Nigeria Police Force against the enshrined duty of the Police Service Commission which is statutorily saddled with such responsibility is illegal, unconstitutional and ultra vires.

F. INJUNCTION restraining the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8threspondents, whether by themselves, their servants, agents, officers or otherwise howsoever from recruiting personnel into the Nigeria Police Force in flagrant violation of section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

G. INJUNCTION restraining the 5th, 6th and 7th respondents whether by themselves, their servants, agents, officers or otherwise howsoever from insisting that recruitment of personnel into Nigeria Police Force should be done on local government basis and more so, that Nigeria Police Force should supervise the recruitment exercise against the enshrined duty of Police Service Commission which is statutorily saddled with such responsibility.
H. AN ORDER directing the respondents to follow the laid down regulation as required by law and Constitutional provision of equality of states in line with the principle of Federal Character in the recruitment of personnel into the Nigeria Police Force with States as the basis as guaranteed under section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution.

In the affidavit in support deposed to by Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, he stated that it was wrong for the National Assembly and the Inspector-General of Police, to seek to take over the statutory roles of the Nigeria Police Council and that any recruitment based on local government quota will create inequality across the nation, as that will be contrary to section 14 of the 1999 Constitution relating to the federal character principle.

Adegboruwa stated further that under paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution, it is the Police Council that has the statutory power of recruitment, promotion and discipline of all policemen and women and not the Inspector-General of Police or indeed the National Assembly.
No date has been fixed for the hearing of the cases, which was filed on Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by abusoultan(m): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
ok.

That won't stop Me and the good people of this forum from becoming police officers.

Let them meet us at the court with our 2stars after POP

Bunch of idiotzs!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by rbabura: 12:44am On Nov 26, 2016
undecided undecided undecided Why its in police? It happened in Immigration and army recruitment dey keep quite cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by ndaman25: 1:44am On Nov 26, 2016
rbabura:
undecided undecided undecided Why its in police? It happened in Immigration and army recruitment dey keep quite cry cry cry
abi I beg ask dem
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by eazisky(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2016
d last time i commented on this forum, i urged u guys to forget abt police and join peace corps. ... some ppl insulted me..... now i guess u guys know d latest......
now it is easier to pass through d eye of a needle than to join d peace corp
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2016
By the time they get to court you will hear the judge telling Odumakin and Adegboruwa they have no Locus-Standi to challenge FG. Case closed grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by jameshow: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2016
eazisky:
d last time i commented on this forum, i urged u guys to forget abt police and join peace corps. ... some ppl insulted me..... now i guess u guys know d latest......

who told you that this police recruitment won't be concluded this year? how are you so sure that peace corps members are the only one to be employed when its fully start? who even told you that peace corps will start next year despite the bills being passed by the senate? with this recession am telling you peace corps won't fully kick off until 2018, and it will kick off as a campaign strategy. there is hope for people that put in for the police recruitment than peace corps. may be you don't know this " the expectations of the righteous will never be cut off" this recruitment will end this year, d delay is for God's name to be glorified.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Rogersmith(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2016
citizenjuwon:
By the time they get to court you will hear the judge telling Odumakin and Adegboruwa they have no Locus-Standi to challenge FG. Case closed grin
Lol...very true.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Godjone(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
we should stop waiting for this list ooo. The reason for the delay is the reccession the country is currently facing.
What the government is checking is these:
1. Where do me get money to pay the recruites in training camps across the federation?
2. How do we consolidate payment of their salaries after their training?
3. How do we get funds to build barracks, logistics and gadgets for these officers when they are out of camp?
I see this recruitment lingering beyond 2016 but God forbid.

May God help this country out of this reccession, amen.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Ajibade3329: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Is a free word,y insult?
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by samjadinero(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
eazisky:
Lol. Look at this one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by eazisky(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
jameshow:

who told you that this police recruitment won't be concluded this year? how are you so sure that peace corps members are the only one to be employed when its fully start? who even told you that peace corps will start next year despite the bills being passed by the senate? with this recession am telling you peace corps won't fully kick off until 2018, and it will kick off as a campaign strategy. there is hope for people that put in for the police recruitment than peace corps. may be you don't know this " the expectations of the righteous will never be cut off" this recruitment will end this year, d delay is for God's name to be glorified.

guy i understand your frustration which is making u lamenting.... im sure u almost cried while typing...
keep assuming and doing guess work for government
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Sharpson25(m): 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Any information abt npf final list
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by onyichick(f): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
the list coming out in DEC,hopefully this week.u guys should stop bashing yourselves n use the energy to pray for your name to be on the list.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by seantei(m): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Good evening everyone,

it the observer.

as I have many times observed and share, like krakatoa, waiting patiently for NPF recruitment is impossibile, even those who bare patience are having drips of endurance.

we have tried and God knows, whose names are in. I can confirm to You that PSC have concluded every step about the recruitment. But my mouth is un-sanctify to pronounce a date. am sure even my village native Doctors would struggle to confirm any.

my source told me every step is done, waiting for green light, The are waiting for approval from above.

I pray it comes out soon....i pray it happens soon....afterall 2nd week of January is a Nice time.......who knows, it might be then....otherwise, be on your toes. it could be sooner!!!!

enjoy ur weekend folks....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by trinity11(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
rbabura:

Oh my brother sorry
u forgot to add EFCC
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by chmeze(m): 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Emmysteve:

The spokesperson of Afenifere Renewal Group, Yinka Odumakin, and human rights activist, Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, have filed an action before the Federal High Court, Lagos, seeking to stop the proposed recruitment of ten thousand personnel into the Nigeria Police through local government quota.

In the Suit numbered FHC/L/CS/1602/2016, the Nigeria Police Force, the Inspector-General of Police, the Nigerian Police Council, the National Assembly, the Senate and the House of Representatives, the Minister of Police Affairs and the Attorney-General of the Federation, are listed as defendants.
The plaintiffs are asking the court for the following reliefs:

A. A DECLARATION that the 4threspondent is the only constitutionally established body in Nigeria that is saddled with the responsibility and entitled by the Constitution to recruit and appoint persons into the Nigeria Police Force in accordance with section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

B. A DECLARATION that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8threspondents are not entitled by law to recruit and appoint any personnel into Nigeria Police Force, or to give any directive on such recruitment and any such directive given is unconstitutional, ultra vires, null, void and illegal.

C. A DECLARATION that suspension of the recruitment of 10,000 personnel into the Nigeria Police Force by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents as a result of the simmering conflict with the 4threspondent constitutes a flagrant violation of section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, and is to that extent unconstitutional, null and void.

D. A DECLARATION that the directive by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents that recruitment of personnel into Nigeria Police Force should be done on local government basis is unconstitutional, null and void.

E. A DECLARATION that the directive by the 5th, 6th and 7threspondents that the Nigeria Police Force should supervise the recruitment exercise of personnel into Nigeria Police Force against the enshrined duty of the Police Service Commission which is statutorily saddled with such responsibility is illegal, unconstitutional and ultra vires.

F. INJUNCTION restraining the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8threspondents, whether by themselves, their servants, agents, officers or otherwise howsoever from recruiting personnel into the Nigeria Police Force in flagrant violation of section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

G. INJUNCTION restraining the 5th, 6th and 7th respondents whether by themselves, their servants, agents, officers or otherwise howsoever from insisting that recruitment of personnel into Nigeria Police Force should be done on local government basis and more so, that Nigeria Police Force should supervise the recruitment exercise against the enshrined duty of Police Service Commission which is statutorily saddled with such responsibility.
H. AN ORDER directing the respondents to follow the laid down regulation as required by law and Constitutional provision of equality of states in line with the principle of Federal Character in the recruitment of personnel into the Nigeria Police Force with States as the basis as guaranteed under section 14 of the 1999 Constitution and paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution.

In the affidavit in support deposed to by Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, he stated that it was wrong for the National Assembly and the Inspector-General of Police, to seek to take over the statutory roles of the Nigeria Police Council and that any recruitment based on local government quota will create inequality across the nation, as that will be contrary to section 14 of the 1999 Constitution relating to the federal character principle.

Adegboruwa stated further that under paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution, it is the Police Council that has the statutory power of recruitment, promotion and discipline of all policemen and women and not the Inspector-General of Police or indeed the National Assembly.
No date has been fixed for the hearing of the cases, which was filed on Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
who send afenifere message?...after all we ain't complaining.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by chmeze(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyichick:
the list coming out in DEC,hopefully this week.u guys should stop bashing yourselves n use the energy to pray for your name to be on the list.
how sure are u?. or u guessing as well.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by monerozi5590: 6:17am On Nov 27, 2016
chmeze:
who send afenifere message?...after all we ain't complaining.
.....he is doing the right thing..... the police recruitment must be in line with what the constitution says
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by chmeze(m): 7:40am On Nov 27, 2016
monerozi5590:
.....he is doing the right thing..... the police recruitment must be in line with what the constitution says
and what does the constitution say?.. they should just let it be, this recruitment is taking ages already. and its getting frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by jameshow: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2016
eazisky:

guy i understand your frustration which is making u lamenting.... im sure u almost cried while typing...
keep assuming and doing guess work for government

but I didn't abuse you in my write up, I only tried to call your attention to your myopic view/opinion instead of you to reason and accept it, u said am lamenting and frustrated. I won't abuse you brother.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by jameshow: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2016
seantei:
Good evening everyone,

it the observer.

as I have many times observed and share, like krakatoa, waiting patiently for NPF recruitment is impossibile, even those who bare patience are having drips of endurance.

we have tried and God knows, whose names are in. I can confirm to You that PSC have concluded every step about the recruitment. But my mouth is un-sanctify to pronounce a date. am sure even my village native Doctors would struggle to confirm any.

my source told me every step is done, waiting for green light, The are waiting for approval from above.

I pray it comes out soon....i pray it happens soon....afterall 2nd week of January is a Nice time.......who knows, it might be then....otherwise, be on your toes. it could be sooner!!!!

enjoy ur weekend folks....

seantei thank you for the info! really miss you here bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (256) (Reply)

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme / Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.