Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning (18476 Views)

Buhari Begins UK Return Plans / Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Buhari Begins 4-day Visit To Katsina State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by hmuhammad(m): 7:46am On Mar 24, 2016
[img]http://assets.bwbx.io/images/iOHRIOEOx.d4/v1/-1x-1.jpg[/img]

Federal Government will start cleaning Niger Delta in three weeks time

– The exercise will commence with the clean up of Ogoni land

– Niger Delta ex-militants under the amnesty programme made milestone progress in production

The damages caused by oil spillage in Ogoni land.

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured the people of Niger Delta that his administration would commence the clean up of oil spill in the region in three weeks time.

Vanguard reports that the special adviser to the president on Niger Delta and coordinator of the presidential amnesty programme, Brig- General Paul Boroh (retd), made the disclosure on March 24 in Enugu state.

Speaking at the commissioning of the skills acquisition and training in automobile technology and manufacturing of plastics by about 200 former Niger Delta militants under the sustainable reintegration programme in the presidential amnesty initiative, he said the clean up will start from Ogoni land.

Boroh disclosed that the skill acquisition programme was in collaboration with Innoson group, manufactures of Innoson vehicles and plastics manufacturing assembly plant, Emene, Enugu.

“The clean up exercise will begin at Ogoni in three weeks time and progress to other parts of the Niger Delta region. We have gone to visit the area to assess the level of damage and a lot of people from the region will be involved in the exercise,” he said.

The presidential aide, who described the facilities at Innoson Kiara academy as fantastic, said the amnesty programme has significantly achieved its main aim of restoring peace and stability in the Niger Delta region.

“It has substantially achieved its core mandate of restoring peace and stabilizing the security in the Niger Delta region. Ex-militants have now been trained and graduated from formal and informal trainings. The programme is now at its critical stage of sustainable reintegration of beneficiaries who have been trained.

“Though conceived as a national response to security conditions in the Niger Delta between 2009 and 2011, it has been able to substantially meet its mandate and has been able, through its formal vocational programmes, trained approximately 17,000 beneficiaries in various skills and set up or employed more than 3,583 beneficiaries. The process is ongoing and 1,040 will conclude their refreshers and set up their own business by the end of this quarter,” he said.

The Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, during a courtesy visit to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state on March 5, said President Buhari’s administration would commence the cleanup of Ogoniland in the coming weeks.

She said: “It is hoped that we will have this launch in the coming weeks and the president himself will launch the cleanup. It is really to us a turning point in the history of the struggle. Ogoniland is the first place where actions need to be – cleanup.”

https://www.naij.com/775675-how-president-buhari-restored-hope-in-niger-delta.html

[img]http://desastre.eu/wp-content/gallery/NG_stories/Debon/closeup_oil_1.jpg[/img]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by 8kingz(m): 7:48am On Mar 24, 2016
Commendable development, just make sure the money is not embezzled just like the formal funds allocated to them so as not to produce another orubebe situation

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2016
Weldone my President.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by anuma1(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2016
president my foot

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Pheals(f): 7:51am On Mar 24, 2016

make he clean naija delta boys join

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by hmuhammad(m): 7:51am On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot
IPOB tout spotted

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Burger01(m): 7:52am On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot
You wailing criminals are so pathetic. GEJ did nothing to alleviate your sufferings...yet, you suffer and smile undecided

A new mayor is in town, mayor kindhearted enough to do what your thieving mentor, hero and drunkard couldn't do for the years he (clueless one) was the helmsman.

I keep wondering if you guys just wail for the fun of it or just simply that y'all are hopelessly in dementia.... whatever it is, we don't and wont give a hoot undecided

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by ckmayoca: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2016
Keep it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by tyson99(m): 8:04am On Mar 24, 2016
Good one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by aldrick: 8:12am On Mar 24, 2016
Proudly Niger delta

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by KingsWillRoyal: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2016
not on till he start. #TalkIsCheap

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by pimppimp(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2016
Mr President!!, we ave seen u.... yinmu undecided

am sure he wants us to knw dat he's in Nigeria for a longer visit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by macsymphony: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2016
This is a good one, as an evnironmental consultant i am happy and i hope the best is done to reclaim the degraded land back. It would have been also highly sustainable if some of the niger delta guys can be trained on how to clean up thier environment and prevent further degradation of their environmental resources land ,water and air

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Saifullah01: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2016
R
Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Ephemmm: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot

Heyaaah.... a Sadist will always be allergic to good news. If not because I am being lenient, I for say - Go and die inside Lagoon in Oshiomole and Akiolu's voice.

But trust me, I won't say such...

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Kyase(m): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot
Eyah

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Kyase(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot
Eyah me sha na your grandchildren I go pity

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Welcome development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by cyberdurable(m): 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
wink

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by johnwizey: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
Baba shld leave dem make dem clean am by themselves, no be u spill the oyel nw
Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Sasuwa(f): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Buhari why them, they are against u
Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by jackyraw09: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Some apple Products (iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPob etc) will be like;

"is he the first person to clean up Niger delta". undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by seankay(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
So finally one of the "soon" has finally kick started

Kudos to President Buhari.This is a very laudable project as it will assuage the sufferings of those living in the creeks thereby ameliorating their lives

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by shamecurls(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot

Come and see them ooooo

Children of Hate!

Always feeling bitter, pained and dejected when they read about the good development of this administration.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Today is bad market for the wailers gang/association

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by manutdrichie(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
GEJ also built Almajiri Schools and a University in Daura

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by Diesel1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sasuwa:
Buhari why them, they are against u
sorry ok... I will change d herbs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by ddippset(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
Something our 'brother' couldn't do in 5 years!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning by yemmight(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
anuma1:
president my foot

Afterall the druken fisherman that came from that side never made attempt to clean up. If they have been cleaning that area since the wasted PDP reigns, they would have finished up by now.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Cameron Calling Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Country (Video) / Bandits Impose New Village Heads In Sokoto Communities, Reopen Markets / Herdsmen Kill Lazarus Agai, Plateau Monarch And His Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.