Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote (27064 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / 6 Steps To Become Very Successful In Affiliate Marketing / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by TippyTop(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
shamecurls:

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly

the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
Example- "the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

So tell me what sole commodity Dangote controls?
I responded to "why" Dangote succeeded,
he succeeded because of monopoly, history books exist for a reason go figure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by banmee(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
thesicilian:
Good business acumen + paddy paddy things with government

Good monopoly.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Krismart(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Krismart(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
calaohuru:
He said it all. Independent power generation is the way forward.
Maybe those running restaurants and other small scale businesses should get their own independent power. I salute u o

5 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
hakeem4:
I just like this guy .

I remember the time I was richer than dangote, when I was tired I woke up from my dream

...loololol...

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Ghost01(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nigerians and voodoo statistics. In 2006, Lagos' population was 8 million plus, today they tell us it is 21 million. Kano's population in the same 2006 was around 9 million, today they're saying it is 20 million. Even the population of the whole country that was 140 million in 2006 is now being put at 170 million. Haba!
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
UlqU3:
Yes, constant power will boost production.

However, monopoly, import waivers, no tax payments and ruthless government-aided destruction of competitors + the weekly dangote-truck-victim sacrifices (without so much as a police investigation) is the reason you are "successful"

And oh yes, there's the little matter of being pledged $10bil (out of $26bil) by the same cbn that won't release dollars to the rest of the 180million+ citizens.

...conspiracy theories....conspiracy theories....
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by claremont(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Monopoly due to political influence.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ghost01:
Nigerians and voodoo statistics. In 2006, Lagos' population was 8 million plus, today they tell us it is 21 million. Kano's population in the same 2006 was around 9 million, today they're saying it is 20 million. Even the population of the whole country that was 140 million in 2006 is now being put at 170 million. Haba!

...it was an unintended blooper...Kano's population in the 9 millions presently, not 20 million...
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by RALPHOW(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
I JUST LOVE DIS MAN Carry on BOSS man AM behind you "I GAT UR BACK"
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Talk! Issue ought to be WHY is Africa unable to provide sufficient power? Get the answer to that question and apply it appropriately and Africa will have more than sufficient power. Dare I answer the question and I'll say 1. Bad leadership, 2. Endemic corruption!
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by codemaniacs: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ghost01:

darkenedrebel:

...it was an unintended blooper...Kano's population in the 9 millions presently, not 20 million...

population figures are increased in Nigeria to get more money from the federal allocation.... kano can never be more than lagos or close to lagos population..

2 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
TippyTop:

I responded to "why" Dangote succeeded,
he succeeded because of monopoly, history books exist for a reason go figure.

Cant you mention commodities and make references? Afteral, you first said Monopoly.

At what point was DANGOTE controlling a particular commodity solely, and what commodity?

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by oz4real83(m): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oga dangote abeg tell us the truth!!! Almost all licenses were given to u to import almost everything Nigerians need. CBN is always ready to give u all the dollars u need for your businesses even when other entrepreneurs are denied the same favour. U are even given waivers in some cases. U are also 100percent loyal to every govt in power. U don't openly participate in politics but always ready to sponsor anybody just to continue enjoying these monopolistic favours. If many of us have all these advantages u are enjoying,we will be successful even more than u.

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by honvalid(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hmmmm na wao.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
codemaniacs:

population figures are increased in Nigeria to get more money from the federal allocation.... kano can never be more than lagos or close to lagos population..

...we are fully aware of that...just as a fellow commenter aptly quoted Abe Lincoln: "you can fool some people for a time, and you can also fool all of the people for some time; but you can never fool all of the people all the time"....
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Artorius(m): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
amarachi06:
The shit is killing me cos l started a restaurant and storing of food items is not viable with the state of our Nation. l lost 10,000 worth of food items over the weekend and l just started this month. Please somebody should change this system for us. #grownepatogrownaira.
This touched me deeply. I do believe things will change hon, they will. Despair not smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by 4real(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
[quote author=shamecurls post=44067805]

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
Example- "the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

So tell me what sole commodity Dangote controls?
[/qu
Dangota was the only supplier of sugar in Nigeria for over 20 years
Dangota also made sure that floor mills of Nigeria was made useless
He had sole control of our ports for a number of years
Cement is another area where he made sure the government closed down many companies producing cement
do your research and you would find more

4 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
shamecurls:

Cant you mention commodities and make references? Afteral, you first said Monopoly.

At what point was DANGOTE controlling a particular commodity solely, and what commodity?

...let's start with something simple - cement ...

...if you are totally blind to the obvious caballing & camarilla, then utilize your search engines in unearthing them and stop being lazy...

newsrescue.com/the-truth-behind-dangotes-wealth-the-cabal-tokunbo-ban-and-impoverishing-nigerians/#axzz42jiiLrB6

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Barcholder: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
amarachi06:
The shit is killing me cos l started a restaurant and storing of food items is not viable with the state of our Nation. l lost 10,000 worth of food items over the weekend and l just started this month. Please somebody should change this system for us. #grownepatogrownaira.

Get a Solar System installed, and you will have 24 hours power. Forget about Nepa, that's never going to change. Take control of your own destiny and stop waiting for the miracle of Power to take place, because it won't.

I can tell you that in 3 years of living in Nigeria, I've never owned a generator, and I've never been without light for even 1 minute.

2 Likes

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Adeevah(m): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sooner or Later I will be richer than dangote with dantata add
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by ajsans: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Barcholder:

Get a Solar System installed, and you will have 24 hours power. Forget about Nepa, that's never going to change. Take control of your own destiny and stop waiting for the miracle of Power to take place, because it won't.

I can tell you that in 3 years of living in Nigeria, I've never owned a generator, and I've never been without light for even 1 minute.
does your solar system power up your fridge, I mean deep freezer of about 4 or 5.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...let's start with something simple - cement ...

...if you are totally blind to the obvious caballing & camarilla, then utilize your search engines in unearthing them and stop being lazy...

newsrescue.com/the-truth-behind-dangotes-wealth-the-cabal-tokunbo-ban-and-impoverishing-nigerians/#axzz42jiiLrB6

grin grin grin

You re very funny...

So the mentioned instance is what you call monopoly You could have used a better choice of word and not Monopoly. I defined it for you earlier.

Back to the matter, There was never a time in Nigeria that Dangote was the only producer and importer of cement. so find another instance.

You just happen to be confused in choosing words. I know what you driving at and its not called monopoly. Accept and i will borrow you the word.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by amarachi06(f): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Barcholder:

I just started this business and the money for solar no dey oooooo
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by amarachi06(f): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
Artorius:

This touched me deeply. I do believe things will change hon, they will. Despair not smiley
Thx Love
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
amarachi06:

I just started this business and the money for solar no dey oooooo

Then write a comprehensive and coherent business plan and go obtain a loan. It must not be from the bank. Your business wouldn't expand if you don't take control of your power supply.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
4real:

Dangota was the only supplier of sugar in Nigeria for over 20 years- False. After the collapse of Nigerian Sugar Company, No sole license was giving to Dangot to import Sugar. There were other options which weren't competitive.

Dangota also made sure that floor mills of Nigeria was made useless- Thats your personal opinion. Do you have facts to support your accusation?

He had sole control of our ports for a number of years-Sole control of the port What re you saying? How can you say someone has the sole control of the port Jeez!

Cement is another area where he made sure the government closed down many companies producing cement
do your research and you would find more- grin grin grin Fallacy. But was he ever at a time the only producer and importer of cement? Its just like the case of sugar that you mentioned. Other producers of cement were not competitive but where active in the market
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by ATERI(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Please, give me a break! You are successful because you pay most of your staff minimum wage as well as being the best friend of the worst dictators in the history of Nigeria!
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
shamecurls:

grin grin grin

You re very funny...

So the mentioned instance is what you call monopoly

Back to the matter, There was never a time in Nigeria that Dangote was the only producer and importer of cement. so find another instance

...stop hyperventilating over something you're ignorant of...you should have given a tacit consent rather than yap out gaffe...

...my bone-house is weary so just click on this link and go educate yourself...bye bye..

watchdogreporters.net/save-us-from-private-monopoly-dangote-cement-producers-beg-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Pascalberry(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
in ÐonjazzÝ's voice "Ðanqote nah *Ðoroßucci*"
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by bernardette(f): 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
folks4luv:
“So when we started business as a group, we said that we would not go into the national grid. Every single country that we are operating in, we would create, generate our own power and that is why we have been very, very successful.”

that's d part that caught my attention. was thinking about Dangote some days ago n was wondering y he is kinda getting richer despite d economy challenges in Nigeria, I came to a conclusion, d man spent years building structures, constructing a strong business foundation, now his empire is so strong that even d wind of economy doom will find it almost impossible to bring it down.

wanna get rich? stop dreaming about stumbling into wealth, it won't last. those lil sacrifices n steps of courage of today may b all u need.

we will all get there #teamrichests
true talk jare....check my signature
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...stop hyperventilating over something you're ignorant of...you should have given a tacit consent rather than yap out gaffe...

...my bone-house is weary so just click on this link and go educate yourself...bye bye..

watchdogreporters.net/save-us-from-private-monopoly-dangote-cement-producers-beg-buhari/

Am done with you! You just went to google and pulled out a topic relating to the debate without reading it.

Excerpt

[b]This Cabal make abnormal annual profit in the region of N200billion from cement alone for the past 6years while same company partnered with the Federal Government to Suspend Cement Import Permit granted by late President Musa Yar’Adua to 6(Six) companies one each from each of the geo-political zones owing to late President Yar’Adua’s fairness, equity and justice style of governance to guarantee that cement sell at N1.000 per bag to Nigerians. This great effort was truncated for the selfish desire of a single individual entrepreneur in Nigeria which has led to the product selling for N2,200 per bag as at today which your triumphant entry will cause to CHANGE to N1,000 per bag.

The CABAL is the dictator of cement policies of Nigeria to suites his business empire such that the government issued an oppressive, vindictive and destructive anti-business directives to Nigerian Customs to stop all vessels discharging cement at all Nigerian ports and disallowed all cement carrying cement into Nigerian ports. This decision of government was to favour a single entrepreneur while the 6(six) companies loosed over N200billion, and terminated the employment of over 2million workers. But the industrial dictator is smiling to Nigerian banks with over N200billion every year.[/b]

Where has monopoly come to play in the article? Import license where suspended to encourage local production. Was Dangote the only producer of cement that benefited from the Ban on importation of cement? A big No! Let me refer you to what started the argument.

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

"the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

Dangote never had the exclusive or control over the supply of cement. He just didn't have strong and viable competitors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Confirms N410.25/$ As New Official Exchange Rate / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich / How Much Are POS Operators Now Charging For Withdrawals In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.