Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote (27061 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / 6 Steps To Become Very Successful In Affiliate Marketing / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by bernardette(f): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
callJesu:
Well done Mr dangote
its a pity that these are the ppl controlling 95percent of our economy, and they are jst 5%, while 95% of the small biz owners are controlling jst 5% of the country's economy..these gr8 men are leveraging on us really well...there are way out, for those who are open to good uportunities...read my signature..
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Roadmike(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Reason for his Success are simply:

Governmental Patronage and access to those in power.

Monopoly- With Government patronage he become a monopoly in virtually all his business area.

Obasanjo laid the foundation for his success, yes he meant well but did not do it well.

Dangote can only thrive in a places like Africa, where he throws his influence around and with the hight level of poverty and greed can buy anyone.

Somebody like him Dangote cannot thrive in Europe or America. Read why Nations Fail and you'll understand better.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by etas1001(m): 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
shamecurls:

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly

the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
Example- "the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

So tell me what sole commodity Dangote controls?

Are you a learner? Do you knw how the cement biz is run in the country despite different trade names?
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
etas1001:

Are you a learner? Do you knw how the cement biz is run in the country despite different trade names?

Sigh....
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Marpol: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
amarachi06:
The shit is killing me cos l started a restaurant and storing of food items is not viable with the state of our Nation. l lost 10,000 worth of food items over the weekend and l just started this month. Please somebody should change this system for us. #grownepatogrownaira.

Invest in solar power for your fridges at least.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by amarachi06(f): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Gerrard59:

Then write a comprehensive and coherent business plan and go obtain a loan. It must not be from the bank. Your business wouldn't expand if you don't take control of your power supply.

Bros, who wan give you money? l went to Lapo for loan but was told that l have to build it before loan application. l believe that with time l will overcome it. Thx for your help so far.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by hayzed1090: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
[b][/b]

Where has monopoly come to play in the article? Import license where suspended to encourage local production. Was Dangote the only producer of cement that benefited from the Ban on importation of cement? A big No! Let me refer you to what started the argument.

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
"the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

Dangote never had the exclusive or control over the supply of cement.He just didn't have strong and viable competitors.

I get ur point bro. But wat if he contributes to the weakness and non viability of any potential competitor

[/quote]
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by amarachi06(f): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
Marpol:

Invest in solar power for your fridges at least.
Thx for your advice but l don't have money.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by falconxxx(m): 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
I have 0 bleeps to give
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by mikolo80: 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
thesicilian:
Good business acumen + paddy paddy things with government
na only him do Padi Padi. talk true. stop hating. if all governors ministers presidents commissioners reps senators generals had done what he is doing instead of buying houses that no one can afford to live in, would we be in this mess
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by spartanobad(m): 2:02am On Mar 25, 2016
[b][/b]
SPG4U:
ok
SPG4U:
ok
SPG4U:
ok
Oga mi...u don rich abi

oya go carry ur trucks wey dey kill pple in the name of accident.....
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by iyke2k4(m): 3:36am On Mar 25, 2016
shamecurls:

monopoly
/məˈnɒp(ə)li/

Example- "the state's monopoly of radio and television broadcasting"

So tell me what sole commodity Dangote controls?
you only want to defend yourself. At your age, you don't know what monopoly means. What point are you trying to make by countering the truth?
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 25, 2016
He has stated a very important factor that needed to b noted which is independent power generation.Dangote shul not be critised.we shul learn from him on how to be innovative and creative in our thinking.let us change d orientation of being job seekers we have bn nutured since our university days,we shul 4get abt bn job seeker but rather being creative and a job creator. a word they say is enough for a wise.
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by shamecurls(m): 8:08am On Mar 25, 2016
iyke2k4:
you only want to defend yourself. At your age, you don't know what monopoly means. What point are you trying to make by countering the truth?

I wont mind hearing the truth if you consider the fact that he has competitors in all sectors even though I know they aren't strong and politically aligned. Should we call it monopoly because hE knows how to play his cards?

He has the force to determine prices, that I accept but its all because he has no strong viable competitor.

He has no sole license for any commodity.

Reading..
Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by Henycymama(f): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
hakeem4:
I just like this guy .

I remember the time I was richer than dangote, when I was tired I woke up from my dream

u for no wake up, u fokup

1 Like

Re: Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote by landedproperty: 1:04am On Mar 26, 2016
company or comapanion? i dont understand. can you shed more light on this and make us understand for better for good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / CBN Confirms N410.25/$ As New Official Exchange Rate / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.