Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil (21160 Views)

Zambian Man To Sue His Teachers For Subjecting Him To 'Useless' Education. Pics / Mum Invades School With Thugs In Abeokuta, Beats Up Teachers For Caning Child / Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
Why can this prompt judgment be done on our politicans

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by datola: 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Wa o!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by OmoIgala: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
woodcook:

I can see my message went over your head, I am not surprised.

You brought tribe into a meaningful and crucial discourse,
Blame yourself.

5 Likes

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by effty(m): 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Suggest one please cos from ur previous post yu spoke as one who was in knowledge of all that happened. I dey wait u.
Brigadier7:
We thank God the truth is finally out!! I for one I think removing the principal and teachers was rather a Rash move! There are other professional and sensible ways of addressing issues like this!!Well, am not surprise People don't respect Teachers in this part of the world so anything can happen!! #GodBless All The Teachers! And All the Best Ogechi in your future endeavors!!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

You brought tribe into a meaningful and crucial discourse,
Blame yourself.

Blame myself for your inability to figure out that my message bothers on clash of culture as per what is termed "respect" and being "rude" in Yoruba culture might be termed "standing-up" for yourself and asserting your rights as human.

I guess you should start paying me part of your school fees for the free "tutorials".

2 Likes

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by treesh(f): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:
Isn't Eva Adelaja a private Institution?
The best punishment would have been subjecting the school to a heavy fine and mandating new Statewide rules for places of learning, not removing privately employed people from their sources of livelihood. Because till I speak, there still isn't any law in place against the abuse of school aged children.

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift actions would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student

Evang Adelaja isn't a private school.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:
The best punishment would have been subjecting the school to a heavy fine and mandating new Statewide rules for places of learning, not removing privately employed people from their sources of livelihood. Because till I speak, there still isn't any law in place against the abuse of school aged children.

On a secondary note, I wonder if such swift actions would have been taken if the affected was a 17 year old boy/male student
I agree with you.
And, a proper 17 year old boy would have 'eaten' the punishment and come away with swagger.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Wallade(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
Corporal punishment has been in practice here in Nigeria for quite sometime, I don't think Ogechi is the only student, even in that school, that has been subjected to such punishment.

However, corporal punishment can be excessive sometimes and that should be checked and discouraged. I believe the beating of Ogechi was cruelly done and extreme. The teachers didn't have to flog her directly on her backside, that can be interpreted as an attempt to inflict injuries on the victim in the name of punishment.

Given the situation at hand, I think the government shouldn't have removed the principal, vice principal and four other teachers all at once. This will affect the students and also the morals of the teachers and management of the school.
Some teachers may even find it difficult to correct the students especially when corporal punishment is necessary.
Replacing those teachers may be a major challenge too.

The government has not addressed the matter properly. I think there were better measures to reprimand the teachers and principals.

4 Likes

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Kgdavid(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

Omo Ibo says she is free to shit wherever she likes, but she go still shout marginalization in an eye blink.

What sense have you made in this statement?
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kgdavid:

Cos Omo Igbo is free to live, eat, shiit and school in any area across the length and breadth of Nigeria, without being subject to undue harassment and cruel treatment from those who are meant to protect her.

BUt this particular omo ibo hates Yoruba people to a fault .... So why is he/she going to the homes of the very same people they hate?

3 Likes

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Kgdavid(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

BUt this particular omo ibo hates Yoruba people to a fault .... So why is he/she going to the homes of the very same people they hate?

Do you know the little girl, Ogechi? Or are you referring to someone else??

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
woodcook:

Blame myself for your inability to figure out that my message bothers on clash of culture as per what is termed "respect" and being "rude" in Yoruba culture might be termed "standing-up" for yourself and asserting your rights as human.

I guess you should start paying me part of your school fees for the free "tutorials".

Leave him alone.
The issue had nothing to do with tribe or clash of cultures.... Simply a case of child abuse tht could have happened to any child from anywhere

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
I also expect some litigations. Or is there no law against such cruel child molestation? I expect the girl's parents to press charges.
Any lawyer in the house?

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by agbangam: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hmmmm, my dad sees mark on my body those days, d man go buy 2 new canes for d teacher. Infact I had to start behaving well, I avoided trouble and I guess dat instilled d decipline I have today. Well parents/teachers dis days.
God help our indohmie generation

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kgdavid:

Do you know the little girl, Ogechi? Or are you referring to someone else??

NO I am referring to the guy on page 0
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
Yes!!! wink smiley kiss cool.
Yes!!! wink smiley kiss cool

Other sadists parading as disciplinarian...take note. Let the Head-girl get 'em jobs, maybe cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

Eva Adelaja is a govt school. Although, the school started as a private school but the govt took over the school in the 70s.
But the school do acknowledge the owner and her family.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by schumastic(m): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

Omo Ibo says she is free to shit wherever she likes, but she go still shout marginalization in an eye blink.

is funny how the minorities put their mouth in issues that concern the majorities undecided undecided undecided
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by olutosfem(f): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
I'm very happy about that move. Used to remember a man called sensai who was hired by the school just to beat the hell outta us back then. Good for them tongue

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by akanbiaa(m): 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Good news is that legitimate right of abused children shall be protected and bad news is that Principals and Teachers elsewhere will now be afraid to dicipline morally bankrupt and ill mannered children. Some students will even slap teachers and tell them that you touch me you lose your job. Teachers please note that a child who does not respect his parents at home and parents have confidence in them and utters statements like my child does not lie, just leave such kids alone or report to higher quarters.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Rajosh(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
This will serve as a deterrent to others who maltreat people's children all in the name of correction. I pay my child's school fees only for you to flog the child mercilessly, I don't wanna know what he/she did I'll so beat the hell outta you before the rage within me calms down.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
How I wish social media existed during my time in school. Some wicked teachers back then in Igbobi college would have been Jobless.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

Leave him alone.
The issue had nothing to do with tribe or clash of cultures.... Simply a case of child abuse tht could have happened to any child from anywhere

There is truth in what you said, but how many Yoruba girl of Ogechi's level in the school will slap back the HG? I know what I am saying and I know how most Yoruba erroneously believe that Igbos are rude and will bounce on any slight opportunity to set them "straight"

You can denial all you want but maybe you should take a little tour on NL and you will be surprised at what you will find.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by huntax(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

My God, the tribal issue in this country is worse than the racial issue between white and black folks abroad. If we weren't all black in Nigeria, I'd call it a racial issue cos it's the same.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by macteeatlarge: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
I commend the government for intervening in this case. Child abuse must be discouraged both in school and at home. I agree it is only fair to punish an erring student or child, it must be done with civility and albeit with love for the purpose of correction, not intimidation and victimisation. The school authorities went too far and that calls their motive to question.
Having said that, I don't want to believe that the Government punished the teachers by removing them from the school. Does this mean they have been sacked? I believe a sanction, suspension or other disciplinary measures should suffice. I believe there are statues and regulations for handling such cases and not removal from school. Those teachers by now have learnt their lesson. You don't throw away the bathing water with the baby. They should serve their punishment and return back to school.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by merit1988(f): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
UP SCHOOL! UP GIRLS. I finished from dis school ,class of 2004. I'm happy DAT dis case was taking up squarely and not swept under d carpet as usual.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by pwettiejay(f): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
JUSTICE!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by omololu2020(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
olutosfem:
I'm very happy about that move. Used to remember a man called sensai who was hired by the school just to beat the hell outta us back then. Good for them tongue
that was back then in the early 2000.am not sure he is still working in the school
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by omololu2020(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
merit1988:
UP SCHOOL! UP GIRLS. I finished from dis school ,class of 2004. I'm happy DAT dis case was taking up squarely and not swept under d carpet as usual.
my younger sister finished from the school in 2002.while I attended CMS boys grammar school

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by OmoIgala: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
schumastic:

is funny how the minorities put their mouth in issues that concern the majorities undecided undecided undecided

What does my tribe have to do with anything? undecided
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Brigadier7:
We thank God the truth is finally out!! I for one I think removing the principal and teachers was rather a Rash move! There are other professional and sensible ways of addressing issues like this!!Well, am not surprise People don't respect Teachers in this part of the world so anything can happen!! #GodBless All The Teachers! And All the Best Ogechi in your future endeavors!!

Like seriously? coming after you supported battering of a minor by sadistic adults, now their harmless "removal" is a harsh punishment?? In saner climes they'd be in jail for abusing that kid.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by myqel(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mr Bakare justice must prevail....I no fit forget how this man dey flog boys I the days of AJAYI CRIWTHER MEMORIAL SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, BARIGA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? / WAEC GCE Result 2017 Is Out, 26% Passed | See How To Check Result Here / ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.