Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil (21158 Views)

Zambian Man To Sue His Teachers For Subjecting Him To 'Useless' Education. Pics / Mum Invades School With Thugs In Abeokuta, Beats Up Teachers For Caning Child / Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by joseph1832(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
daretodiffer:

You like thinking upside down undecided

her refusal to carry out a simple request do not give a right to the head-girl to[b] touch her as in touch her[/b]
Of course I wouldn't expect someone who think downside up to understand what I'm saying.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by AMossley(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
Everyone is just making comments online without proper investigation
@ex-students,were you people flogged unjustly while you were in the school,has your lives not been positively imparted through discipline?
@dagunro or daguru,your claims are false,from my investigation,ogechi is in ss2c,she has never represented the school in any competition,she do come to school with phone,painted lips and is a habitual late comer.all the teachers indicted couldn't have slapped her severally as she claimed.
How can they remove a director of education(principal) because of false claims from a rude student?
Go and do your investigation properly,if i were you,i will pay a visit to the school

2 Likes

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Vongsama(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mr man, the report says 14 year old JSS2 student n here u r talkin abt what she did in ha JSS3 days. Are u following? Are u sure u r on d same page with the report?

daguru:

Our government investigated thoroughly, the truth was revealed and appropriate actions were taken.

Please note that Ogechi is presently a drummer for the school and was Social Prefect for the same school in her JSS3 days. She is a stellar student and recently represented the school in a literary and debating competition in the district. She won the competition for the school

It's unfortunate that the school authorities presented her to be a bad girl from a bad home on social media in order to justify their wrongdoing. She is from a very good home where she was taught to be respectful to elders and authorities and also to stand up for her rights and resist any form of oppression.

It was not difficult for government to find out the truth. Her school records were opened and it was glaring she was an A-Grade student with no prior disciplinary records. Pupils of the school were interviewed at random which uncovered the lies being bandied around by the principal and Brigadier7

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
ilawanson44:

To make money off their silly a*ses and outshine them right in their homes!

OR to sell gala in their traffic, pirated CD's on their streets and petty jobs in their compounds. Leaving their own homes looking like massive dumps while at it.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

OR to sell gala in their traffic, pirated CD's on their streets and petty jobs in their compounds. Leaving their own homes looking like massive dumps while at it.

And yet, with the proceeds of the gala, they buy up your houses in Lagos and build more in their home towns! #DealWithItHater

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by 989900: 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
'Girls Sec', my old hunting ground in them late 80s/early 90s. cool

Bariga #nostalgia
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by divineappo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ogechi parents get money, dats why
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
ilawanson44:

And yet, with the proceeds of the gala, they buy up your houses in Lagos and build more in their home towns! #DealWithItHater

If I hear that recycled lie one more time ehn......lol

Btw, there will NEVER be a 'Lagos' in the SE ever. live with that.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Ruq: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
They effed up, they shouldnt have made it too obvious that she won by removing the staffs. Next shiz gon slap her boss for denying her an increase and wait for the government to back her again. Plus now she just earned the untouchable student badge.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

If I hear that recycled lie one more time ehn......lol

Btw, there will NEVER be a 'Lagos' in the SE ever. live with that.

Neither will there be an "Port Harcourt", "Enugu" and "Owerri" in any SW state apart from Lagos! Live with that
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by scholes0(m): 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
ilawanson44:

Neither will there be an "Port Harcourt", "Enugu" and "Owerri" in any SW state apart from Lagos! Live with that

Port Harcourt is not South East
Owerri + Enugu = 0
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
scholes0:

Port Harcourt is not South East
Owerri + Enugu = 0

At least Owerri, Enugu, Abakiliki, Awka, Umuahia are greater than your red zinc states put together. I don't want to even mention Onitsha, Nnewi, and Aba because that would be TKO!

Ibadan + Akure + Abeokuta + Ado Ekiti + Osogbo = -1

Oya....Pick your Red Zinc Home Zone cheesy cheesy
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by omoplaycool(m): 6:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Liam86:
Can't believe the same people who shamelessly swam the other trade to defend the barbaric actions of the teachers also found their way to this thread to blab about how "removal" of the teachers is a harsh punishment. Brutalizing a 14yr old is good and commendable because she's stubborn, sanctioning the adults involved is harsh. what a country to live in. Is transferring them to other schools which is what I understand by removal even enough punishment??
well said madame. ..concerning my country, we can only just hope against all hopes
#God bless Nigeria
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by RELEASEUS: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
daguru:

Our government investigated thoroughly, the truth was revealed and appropriate actions were taken.

Please note that Ogechi is presently a drummer for the school and was Social Prefect for the same school in her JSS3 days. She is a stellar student and recently represented the school in a literary and debating competition in the district. She won the competition for the school

It's unfortunate that the school authorities presented her to be a bad girl from a bad home on social media in order to justify their wrongdoing. She is from a very good home where she was taught to be respectful to elders and authorities and also to stand up for her rights and resist any form of oppression.

It was not difficult for government to find out the truth. Her school records were opened and it was glaring she was an A-Grade student with no prior disciplinary records. Pupils of the school were interviewed at random which uncovered the lies being bandied around by the principal and Brigadier7
I m a man with 3 kids and I am fighting back tears for that poor girl. I just can't imagine my reactions if it happened to any of my kids. I might end up in jail o. we need to keep praying against temptations in life.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
saintfizzo:
wink Naija is gradually getting civilized.... we are all happy @ dis outcome sir... why bring tribe into this again? undecided

not every human being you see walking in the streets has a complete set of brain. some like the person you quoted has a half lobe missing. so you can bear with his online trolling.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Irishrena1(f): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
Me likey. Justice served
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by seunajia: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
The girl sef na agbero. Head girl slap you you slap your own. All this yeye story na because no be the kind military school wey I attend ni. If you try am, na die you dey o.

I was in SS1 when some baggers were caught bonking themselves, groupie things in the barracks. These were high ranking officers children. They nearly killed them that day. Chai, come see blood. One Major General even brought his son the next day for extra beating.

Back to Ogechi, I saw her picture, the teachers went too far. However, I believe there's more to her offence than what is being reported. Four teachers don't just "gang up" against a "straight As" student as someone mentioned she is.

Regardless of what has happened, I don't think corporal punishment should be abolished in our school. People should just learn to stay within limits.

Kudos to the government for being proactive.

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
omoplaycool:
well said madame. ..concerning my country, we can only just hope against all hopes
#God bless Nigeria

Not a madame tho smiley

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by slayer94kimono(m): 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
ugnmezi:

nairaland indeed. oga cool ur brain down joor.
Guy abeg swerve!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by slayer94kimono(m): 8:44am On Mar 31, 2016
loomer:

The thing suprise me, I been think say dem wan charge her to court and subsequently sentence her to at least community service.
Anyway, we go get there someday
why are people making the woman out to be a monster! Doesn't she have her own children?!? Moreover she did not misrepresent facts like cc Kgdavid said she did. She did not even release a statement to the media becuz she is bound by the fact that civil servants don't talk or act unless directed by their ministry! It's funny how people easily make out someone to be a monster because she disciplined a child! The flogging was much but did she do it out of spite?
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by slayer94kimono(m): 8:49am On Mar 31, 2016
Ruq:
They effed up, they shouldnt have made it too obvious that she won by removing the staffs. Next shiz gon slap her boss for denying her an increase and wait for the government to back her again. Plus now she just earned the untouchable student badge.
Bros I swear na real untouchable student badge! But omo dem go frustrate her life for school ehn! Students will be like 'Don't touch her oo before she reports to LASG' teachers will be like 'ah! Dat girl just let her go you know LASG is now her family' she will be frustrated! But if Lagos state removes this people because of this case dey have sent the 'wrongest' message across to students and teachers alike! They have taken away the respect for teachers!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by loomer: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2016
slayer94kimono:
why are people making the woman out to be a monster! Doesn't she have her own children?!? Moreover she did not misrepresent facts like cc Kgdavid said she did. She did not even release a statement to the media becuz she is bound by the fact that civil servants don't talk or act unless directed by their ministry! It's funny how people easily make out someone to be a monster because she disciplined a child! The flogging was much but did she do it out of spite?

Brotherly, we have gone past the era of brutalising children. Those things should have ended with us wen we were kids.
And truth be told, until someone starts paying for sins they commit, more people will keep doing those things.
No be only corruption be crime o!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by slayer94kimono(m): 9:52am On Mar 31, 2016
loomer:

Brotherly, we have gone past the era of brutalising children. Those things should have ended with us wen we were kids.
And truth be told, until someone starts paying for sins they commit, more people will keep doing those things.
No be only corruption be crime o!
bros I agree with you say no be only corruption be crime! But did dey go out with the intent of brutalising the girl? You know say dis people sef get pikin wey go school wey dem don flog! My own yarn be say make govt no talk say becuz dem wan solve case use hard commot respect wey teachers go dey get!
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by Kgdavid(m): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2016
slayer94kimono:

I thought i read somewhere on the thread that the school tried to cover up the incident but perhaps i got that wrong.

aside that, bro the way she beat that child was wrong. Period. Neither you nor i can speak to her intentions but if she child got killed by an ill-timed blow to the head what would her intentions matter?

You see, it is not the intentions but the method that makes one a monster.
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by loomer: 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
slayer94kimono:
bros I agree with you say no be only corruption be crime! But did dey go out with the intent of brutalising the girl? You know say dis people sef get pikin wey go school wey dem don flog! My own yarn be say make govt no talk say becuz dem wan solve case use hard commot respect wey teachers go dey get!

Principal or headmasters get right to suspend pikin pending when he/she bring their parents. I believe that would have been a better option
Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by coati: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
daguru:

lies!!!!! drummer indeed!!! and her records in junior school doesn't mean she shouldn't be disciplined when she did something wrong!!!
everyone says the flogging was much. yeah!! but have we thought of it that the girl could have a sensitive skin
the first report that came out said 4 strokes now it is 12, it also said the principal slapped her now this is saying the principal flogged her
the school did not even raise any case of this on the social media and due actions were taken in the school to inflict corrective measure
the head girl won't just see her and,slap her. have we asked what she did
the person who brought this story here is way tooooooooooo one sided and it is irritating
Nigerians sef keep behaving like they didn't go through proper training in school
if little disciplinary measures like this are stopped in schools then the future of this country is at stack
a girl was flogged and the next thing was that it was on social media,the govt heard about it,took it put and punished those that are working towards the betterment of the nation
those punishing the school authority sef did not try, they should go to a school and be in charge for weeks and see how it feels to keep up with students that are from different homes with different home trainings
why didn't the social media carry the case of the protest by the school students,teachers,non teaching staff and neighbours of the school saying they want their principal and teachers back knowing that the girl wasn't worth it
ppplleeeaasssee let us look into matters well before we judge and stop being one sided because the accuser brought the case to social media first

1 Like

Re: EVA ADELAJA:Govt Removes Principal, Deputy, Four Teachers For ‘assaulting’ Pupil by coati: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
ybalogs:
Just removed? They should be demoted of possible especially the principal.
you are a wicked fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison / Am I Too Old To Further My Education? / WAEC GCE Result 2017 Is Out, 26% Passed | See How To Check Result Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.