Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! (8455 Views)

What Most African Perform Online As Culture / Bristow Helo Crashed Because Govt Doesn't Appease Sea Goddess – Oba / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2012
Fulaman198:

I understand how you feel, but what can we do if people choose to have low self-esteem and self-hatred for who/what they are?

exactly, but i can't help but feel bad for them. undecided Pride in one's self is the most important feeling in the world.

1 Like

Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 2:29am On Sep 09, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

exactly, but i can't help but feel bad for them. undecided Pride in one's self is the most important feeling in the world.

I agree 110%
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by somalia1: 7:50am On Sep 09, 2012
actually my forefathers are Arab. Am Somali. keep in mind african is continent. arab is a culture. but am from the Darod clan which is 40 percent of somali people and we originally came from yemen.

despite that...we claim Somali....but cause of religion we side with the middle east. i suggest u learn somali history. somalis owned negros. also arabs have helped somalia by stoping europeans from coming to the horn africa.

Turks sent soldiers to help somalis against ethiopians..when ethiopians asked for help from portugese. Osama sent soldeirs from yemen in 91 when the usa was in somalia.

So i really dont have any loyalties to africans...they are a bunch of slaves...now these pesky ugly negros are in somalia fighting and killing my people for their american slave masters...and arabs and somalis are fighting against those hiv invested adoon slaves.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by somalia1: 7:51am On Sep 09, 2012
We do have pride...we hate being called black or arab...we prefer somali...

but if we have to choose between arabs and negroids...we choose arabs along with the rest of the muslim world including turks etc.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
ROFLLL what a bunch of foolishness I'm reading here.

There are a lot of so-called "negroids" who are Muslim dumbo. Not only that, not all Arabs are Muslim, I do not know what kind of drugs you are using but they must be some very terrible mind-altering drugs.

So when you wake up in the morning and see yourself in the mirror you see an Arab man, very interesting mind numbing drugs.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
somalia1: actually my forefathers are Arab. Am Somali. keep in mind african is continent. arab is a culture. but am from the Darod clan which is 40 percent of somali people and we originally came from yemen.

despite that...we claim Somali....but cause of religion we side with the middle east. i suggest u learn somali history. somalis owned negros. also arabs have helped somalia by stoping europeans from coming to the horn africa.

Turks sent soldiers to help somalis against ethiopians..when ethiopians asked for help from portugese. Osama sent soldeirs from yemen in 91 when the usa was in somalia.

So i really dont have any loyalties to africans...they are a bunch of slaves...now these pesky ugly negros are in somalia fighting and killing my people for their american slave masters...and arabs and somalis are fighting against those hiv invested adoon slaves.

Do you really want to know what's funny to me? I actually had a friend(I don't even know if I can qualify her as such)from

your area once, puntland i think, thats where she said she was from and she also told me about how her ancestors are

arab, actually she wasn't even telling me she was bragging about it. My friends and I were just staring at her like she

was crazy, on campus she had always try to go hang out/relate with the arab kids but you could see quite frankly that

they didn't want to hang out with her. I also had another friend from ethiopia, who claimed her ancestors were italian.

I just shake my head at this because of how absurd it is. You guys keep claiming people that obviously don't want you!

And at the end of the day you all look pathetic doing it.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by somalia2: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2012
its actually genetics. Darod and Isaq are the two somali clans that have arab lineage.

these two clans make up 55 percent of Somalis. We somalis are taught to trace ur lineage at young age.

We only count the father side as most cultures. Funny how a nigerian is yelljng me about my own history that was taught to me by own people.

Try reading a book on dna.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Do you really want to know what's funny to me? I actually had a friend(I don't even know if I can qualify her as such)from

your area once, puntland i think, thats where she said she was from and she also told me about how her ancestors are

arab, actually she wasn't even telling me she was bragging about it. My friends and I were just staring at her like she

was crazy, on campus she had always try to go hang out/relate with the arab kids but you could see quite frankly that

they didn't want to hang out with her. I also had another friend from ethiopia, who claimed her ancestors were italian.

I just shake my head at this because of how absurd it is. You guys keep claiming people that obviously don't want you!

And at the end of the day you all look pathetic doing it.

ROFLLLLL it's called low self-esteem ROFLLL at SOME Ethiopians saying their ancestors are Italian, that's a huge disgrace. However t be fair, I have seen some Nigerians who say their ancestors are Irish, Jewish, etc. grin I almost fell over when I heard that one.

Tolani, you shake your head, I just laugh out of amusement because I have never seen such a low self-esteem.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
somalia2: its actually genetics. Darod and Isaq are the two somali clans that have arab lineage.

these two clans make up 55 percent of Somalis. We somalis are taught to trace ur lineage at young age.

We only count the father side as most cultures. Funny how a nigerian is yelljng me about my own history that was taught to me by own people.

I wasn't yelling at you, oh no not at all. Far from that actually. Its just very funny how much you all worship the arabs. But oh well, what do i know, I'm just a Nigerian right? undecided undecided
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
somalia2: its actually genetics. Darod and Isaq are the two somali clans that have arab lineage.

Kind of like how you yell at Nigerians and tell Nigerians what we are? Like my sister Fulani_girl said back in May, she has lived in Canada and she thinks Somalians are very unattractive, I agree with this. I have never seen a Somalian woman that I'm impressed with.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by somalia2: 2:47am On Sep 11, 2012
just cause we dislike blacks, doesnt mean we like arabs any more.

its just arabs have done more to help us than negroids
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
somalia2: just cause we dislike blacks, doesnt mean we like arabs any more.

I know you dislike yourselves (many Habesha do) that is why you guys always say you are mixed or of Italian origin, or have Italian blood. Some of you (I have seen Eritreans for example say they are white) even say you are white when a lot of you can be darker than me.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE PERSONALLY FOR DARKER SKIN. No matter how long I spend in the sun, I can never achieve the dark complexion I want. BTW somalia2 aka Ayanle, what is this about:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/TLTdD5D6iNI/AAAAAAAABC8/D4CWdgUF4sw/s1600/Half+Italian,+half+Ethiopian+children.jpg[/img]

That is Half Ethiopian half Italian, many Ethiopians want to wash out their black blood ROFL the truth I speak hurts doesn't it.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
somalia2: just cause we dislike blacks, doesnt mean we like arabs any more.

So u are still begging for HELP abi? Why won't u help yourself and quit begging lol, "the negroids" like u said are too busy with their own prob to help yo confused and ungrateful folk, so we better mind our business smiley

May I ask you in what way Arabs helped u my dear?
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by somalia3: 4:05am On Sep 12, 2012
Turks sent troops to somalia in 14000"s to fight ethiopia. Somalis were protected by ottoman empire cause no europeans could come to east africa and
middle east.

Somalia joined arab league. we got support when we fought ethiopia in 1977.

since 91 arab countries have had charities in somalia giving food.

in 91 when usa invaded somalia, arabs fought along side somalis to kick out america.

even now arabs fighting along side somalis to kick out fufu eating negroid soldiers from african union.

today turks are building airport, hospitals, and training police. Egypt and Turkey, UAE gavr thousands of somalis in somalia scholarships to study in their country.
Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by tpia5: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
i still dont see whats wrong per se with looking african.

is it a bad thing?

1 Like

Re: Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! by Fulaman198(m): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
tpia@:
i still dont see whats wrong per se with looking african.

is it a bad thing?

Absolutely not, well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Some Yorubas Like Claiming The Binis Originated From Yorubaland? / ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ / Name This Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.